Wanted: A Sense of Direction

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Dlaks, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Dlaks

Dlaks Totally Tsundere reg

Hello, I am a new denizen of HC, but not quite new to the world of Zelda RPG's. I really like the mechanics presented here, and I would enjoy working on a quest with another person. Ideally, we would post about once a week each, but I'm not adverse to quicker/faster rates and will have a pretty free schedule once we get past the second week of December.

I am up for just about anything, joining in on an existing quest, helping you get that pesky personal plot off the ground, or working together to create an entirely new tale uniquely shaped by the characters. Who's to say we can't do all three, hmm?

Please look HERE for my character(s) and their abilities, and express your interest bellow. I look forward to RP-ing with you all!
  2. LuckyEights

LuckyEights Member reg

Oh hey look, a fellow newcomer! I hope you don't mind I jump at the chance to partake in this invitation, hm? I bet we could learn a lot working together. ^_^ I might also add that your character concepts look rather interesting. Perhaps we could shape a glorious (mis)adventure with yours and mine? (All of which are in my signature if you're interested.)
  3. Dlaks

Oh dear, it seems U.N. Owen was her?!

In all seriousness, I'd love to have you along. I think Levia might be the best match, simply because she is closest to where I left Lister and Anne, and her thief background might just mean she has one of Lister's journals sitting around her horde. Which would make reasons to interact / work together/ blackmail each other pretty easy, all while working to a bigger overall arc that you can shape to the Raider's own ends. That, and one half of my duo is also a roguish orphan with a heart of gold, so it could be fun to see how they get along.

Iphrenzee could be just as fun (good job with the 'frenzy' allusion in the name btw), but I am a little more vague on how and why she would be spending time with my girls, except perhaps as a 'pro bono' bodyguard from the perusing Llangollens. Of course, I am sure you could think of something to tie the trio together. Basically, from my end, it seems either character would work well (and are very well made), and will probably decide who's personal arc the quest will follow.

We could also scrap all of these ideas and try something else, do let me know what you think.
  4. LuckyEights

LuckyEights Member reg

You have no idea just how giddy I got knowing someone else gets that reference. XD

Looking over your character(s) more thoroughly, I have to agree Levia would be the best option considering the context we could create out of it, such as Levia being in possession of (or knowing a fellow bandit who is) a journal of Lister's and taking advantage of that for extra rupee, thus unintentionally pulling herself in a situation where her motivation starts to shift towards offering assistance and stubbornly hiding it behind greedy desires. I do see her and Anne specifically will not see eye to eye considering their backgrounds, and I'm very much keen on seeing the relationship build on such a rough start. I'm sure we could spawn a few quests or two in that context.

Iphrenzee (why thank you, I try) on the other hand is a simple matter of either hiring her as a bodyguard (or attempting to; she'd likely choose to do so if it meant running into enemies to pulverize) or alternatively your characters could run into her in some sort of dicey situation and aid her, and suddenly they're stuck with a bloodthirsty warrior who feels like she owes them her life. That alone sounds hilarious to me. XD

Of course, this is just me building off of what you've already offered; we could do neither if you think of something that would be better, or we could do both. It all depends on which set of sins you feel your characters should be bothered with: avarice and jealousy (Levia), or arrogance and rage (Frenzy). c:
  5. Dlaks

I personally favor working with Levia, simply because I think she fits the duo best, and has the bonus of letting you work on your own character arc while Lister and Anne get their own tale started. When I RP, I like to have my characters arcs defined by dipping into other characters legends, a sorta 'web of touched lives' kinda shtick. We just need to figure out how the Devil and the Heiress can help the Rupee Raider.

I'll ask of you to make an executive decision on the matter, lest we go on for five more threads like THIS.
  6. LuckyEights

LuckyEights Member reg

Now would I be Patrick or Spongebob in that scenario?

Haha, no, but in all seriousness I fully agree with you and I've decided that we shall start our first session together with the cursed duo and the raider.

Now I am the kind of roleplayer who can comfortably improvise a story arc by what's available to me, so your RP style works perfectly for me. Is there any way you'd like to discuss how things will go via PM or otherwise? We could start by brainstorming ideas for Levia's encounter with the Devil and Heiress. Perhaps one or the other had a previous encounter with a certain one-eyed bandit, or perhaps witnessed said bandit fleeing from law enforcement at some point; I'm sure you've got some scenarios in mind and I'm more than interested in hearing them.
  7. Dlaks

Well, I can without a doubt provide tension in the form of hired goons and thugs (some of which might even have treasures) in pursuit. Lister is going to be trying to find a spot for the duo to lay low, while Anne focuses on keeping Lister alive. It makes sense, in their dogged state, that Lister resorts to resuming contact with a certain 'one-eyed' bandit she encountered during her travels. The tavern scene alone practically writes itself (if only).

For brainstorming, feel free to shoot me a PM, or if you want to try and do things in real-time, I'm not adverse to sharing my skype name in a PM too. No need to get things figured out instantly, but we can just pick a time to come up with a rough goal, and move on from there.

I get to be Patrick.
  8. LuckyEights

LuckyEights Member reg

*insert laugh here*

Well then, now that we have a plan, expect a message sometime soon. I'm not one to rush things, but I am very eager to bring these ideas to life in an RP with you. In the meantime, I'm going to brainstorm an idea for a proper beginning and present it to you via PM once I've got something. Don't hesitate to do the same. ^_^