Voyage[Closed]

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Zoraman, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoraman

Zoraman New Member new

"All righty then." Lume said as he jumped into the air and quickly inhaled. Upon exhalling a strom of fire left his mouth towards the Octorocks. "That should do something to them buggas."
  2. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Harry stood up, still in pain, and watched as Lume roasted a few of the octoroks. Small squeals, cracks and pops could be heard as the octoroks burned to death. Any of the remaining octroks ran away from the three Hylians.

Regaining his composure Harry walked over to the charred remains of one of the octoroks and sniffed the air around it a bit. "Hm. Seems to be done well enough. Maybe..." Harry sliced off a piece of the Octorok. The inside of the octorok was a nice color brown and was steaming. Harry took a bite of the piece of octorok and started chewing. "Hm. Nice texture. Not too gamey. Not bad," Harry said as he finished the bite of octorok. "I suggest the white meat. Much better." Harry started carving more of the octorok and waved the other two over. "Nice time for a bite to eat isn't it?"

(OOC: I'm really sorry about the time it took to type this. Please don't kill me.)
  3. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

((Don't worry, Lucario. I'm just happy that the post is up XD))

Loft nodded, and grabbed a chunk of Octorok. He raised its brown meat to his mouth, then hesitated, the steaming flesh wafting its delicious fumes towards his nose. Brown. Brown meat. The same colour as...

He set his piece down, putting a hand over his queasy stomach. He nearly gagged, his stomach churling disagreeably.

"No thanks," he said weakly. "It reminds me of the projectile poop. It doesn't seem too yummy after that...."
  4. Quill

Loft rolled behind a boulder, pressing himself up flat against its cold surface. He could hear them coming. Their harsh breathing, their heavy footfalls. He could easily distinguish the target's footsteps from the others- his were lighter, more dainty. He slowly drew his dagger, holding it tightly. Closer. Come a little closer...

Loft drew his second dagger, crouched, and pounced. He darted out from behind the boulder, tackling the nearest one and holding his dagger to his neck.

"I've got you, sheriff Harry! You ain't ne'er gonna see the light o' day again, after the Hylian Bandit's through wid 'ya!"

Before he could slit the sheriff's throat, though, and turn him in to Bandits International for the bounty, he heard laughter coming from behind the trees.

Loft stood, dropping his twigs and stepping away from the disheveled and no-doubt thoroughly irritated Harry. "Huh?"

"Kid," an amused voice said, "that's not how you ambush someone."

"Really?" Loft asked the voice brightly. "How do you ambush someone then?"

"Like this." Ten bandits leaped into view, some jumping from obscured tree branches and others darting out from behind some innocuous boulders.

"Oh, thanks!" Loft said. "I have learned my lesson. Next time, I'll get nine other guys to surround the target with me before I attack."

"Good," a burly man said, "now give us all your stuff, and we might let you live."
  5. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Now Loft I don't think these fellows are very good role models," Harry said as he stood up. Brushing some dirt off his suit he finished his statement. "Besides we have nothing on our persons. That would be stupid and irresponsible." Harry extended his hand as if asking for a hand shake. The lead bandit just stared blankly at him. "Well don't be rude. I'll happily share some of my food with you, but you need to shake my hand first." The bandit walked up to Harry and pulled out his knife. "I said hand over..." Harry interrupted the bandit, "Earlier you said that you need at least eleven people for an ambush correct?" The bandit looked confused but couldn't answer before Harry continued speaking. "Well I find one person works just as well." Harry finished conjuring a fireball in his hand and launched it hitting the bandit in the gut and setting his cloths on fire. "See what I mean?" Harry unshiethed his cane sword and stabbed the flaming and screaming bandit in the chest. "Anyone else wanna try that?"
  6. Quill

Loft giggled, watching as the bandit went down. "Lier lier, clothes on fire! You said you could teach me how to ambush, silly bandit."

He drew his daggers, and dashed at the nearest man. He dodged under the bandit's wild swing, and sliced at the man's back as he came around. The man fell, screaming, onto the earth, and Loft knelt, stabbing the poor man in the neck.

Loft's theif senses tingled. He threw himself to the side, narrowly avoiding a great club, which doubtless would have given him serious brain damage if it had connected with his skull. Instead, it just hit the dead man, and honestly; who cares about him? For Farore's sake, he didn't even have a name!

"Steve!" The new bandit screamed. "I'll kill you, you bastard!"

Well, maybe he did. Still, Loft didn't care too much. "You'll have to catch me first!" He cackled, racing towards another bandit, Clubbie hot on his heels.

The target bandit held up his cheap sword, ready to fight. He was expecting Loft to try and do some trickity-trick to slice his throat. What he wasn't expecting was for Loft to throw his right dagger at him. Caught by surprise, the bandit was barely able to raise his sword in time to block the attack. The throwing knife pinged off the blade, and the bandit smirked, having successfuly stopped Loft's attack. Unfortunately, he was a little too smug, and forgot that Loft was still running at him. His dagger sliced into the bandit's neck, and the bandit fell with a gurgling thud onto the ground.

Loft turned, stabbed Clubbie in the heart, and turned his back on him, stooping to pick up his throwing knife. He observed it critically, hoping that there was no damage. There didn't seem to be any, thankfully.

Something wished over his head, and his arm snapped up, burying the dagger up to the hilt in the underside of the man's chin. He looked up, wrenching his blade out with a squirt.

"I got five," Loft yelled. "Your turn now, okay?" Having done his bit, he jogged to the nearest tree, flopped down in front of it, and began to clean his daggers on his tunic. Once that was finished, he sheathed them, and settled down for a nap.
  7. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Well that was..." Harry was interrupted by a bandit swinging a large axe at him. Using his Spectacles of Agony Harry noticed that the bandit had a weak spot in his armor under his arm. "Red mark..." Harry sent his sword through the bandit's arm and with one motion cut the bandit's arm clean off. "...means stab here." The bandit started screaming and grabbed the stump that remained of his arm. Harry looked at the four remaining bandits. "Pretty good don't you think? I think that I should have used Ice instead though. Well it would take it thirty seconds or so to recharge. Where was I?...Oh yeah. If you don't want to end up like your friend here I will let you escape here with your lives. Any takers?" The four bandits stared at Harry for a few moments. One with a bow and simple armor said in a panic, "Da boss be dead. Steve be dead. I don't want be dead. I'm gone." The archer and two of the other bandits ran off away from Harry. "So you still wish to fight me? Even though I know your weak spots are your neck, under your arms, the back of your legs and your...I'm not going to say." The last bandit dropped his great axe and said, "Fuck this shit." The bandit promptly ran off the way the others did.

Harry sheathed his cane sword and walked over to Loft. "Hm. Falls asleep pretty well. Well may as well enjoy a snack." Harry pulled some Octorok meat he had taken from the earlier battle out of his pocket. He unwrapped the red and white checkered cloth that he had wrapped the meat in. Harry then sat down next to Loft and started eating the meat. "Hm. Needs some salt."
  8. Quill

Loft drifted slowly back to consciousness, snorting his way towards alertness. Smacking his lips, he blinked, clearing his eyes of the sleep-time gunk that had accumulated there. Slowly, the fuzzy world came into sharp relief, and he sat up, yawning and stretching his arms.

He looked up at the starry skies, and smiled at the moon, glimmering peacefully above them. "Hello," he said, rolling his shoulders back, "nice night, isn't it?"

Loft looked to his left, wondering where his companion had gone. There he was, resting up against a nearby tree, the remains of an Octorok lying next to him. He must have decided to get a quick snack before dropping off, and Loft didn't blame him. His stomach growled, and Loft winced. He really was hungry, and the bits of remaining meat really did look good. Maybe just a quick little nibble.

He scampered forwards, pressing the grass down with his palms as he scurried across towards Harry. He licked his lips, and reached down for the fallen meat. "Yum!"

A bush across the clearing shook, its leaves scattering through the air around it. Loft's head whipped towards it, his eyes narrowing, and the bush ceased its movements. Loft snorted, turning back to his meat, until another rustle sent his attention flying to another bush to his right. Loft stuck his finger in his mouth, and held it up in the air. There was very little wind. So, either there were an awful lot of little bunnies here, or-

There was a piercing crack and a burst of light, and Loft knew no more.
  9. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Rustle. Rustle. Rustle. Harry stirred a bit in his sleep. Rustle. Rustle. Rustle. "Huh what?" Harry opened his eyes and tried to look around. As the world came into focus Harry could see what looked like little trees around him. Harry closed his eyes again. "Hm. Nice little..." Harry's eyes shot open. Surrounding him were five or six Mad Scrubs. "Well, shit."

Harry tried to move his arms and legs. He couldn't. He and Loft were tied to a large tree. All around the tree was dancing mad scrubs in tribal clothes and paint. In front of Harry stood a large Mad Scrub and two Mad Scrubs wearing tribal masks and holding spears. "Hylian. Why you make war on us Deku?" The large Scrub shouted at Harry.

Harry looked confused at the Scrub. "I don't recall any Hylian-Deku wars in the past few centuries. What are you referring to if I may ask?"

The Scrub bellowed again, "The Great Cold! You Hylians make world grow cold. Stealing nature fire and using it as weapon. Hylians pay for Great Cold!" The dancing Scrubs started chanting in unison, "Sac-re-fice. Sac-re-fice."

Harry leaned towards Loft and whispered, "This doesn't look good. Can you reach my cane in my back pocket?"
  10. Quill

Loft's brow furrowed. "How do you carry a cane in your pocket?"

There may have been a lot of ropes binding them to a tree, but they were sloppily done. Loft was able to wriggle his hands into a more comfortable position, loosening the ropes around them and giving his digits some breathing room. Loft stretched his hand back, trying to feel around the tree and finding Harry's back pocket. His fingers brushed against cloth, and after extending them a few more painful milimeters he felt something lumpy within the cloth. A few more seconds and Loft had located the pocket's entrance, reaching into it. He growled; reaching behind you, sticking your hand into a pocket, and grabbing something wasn't particularly easy or painless. His fingers grabbed the cane's head, and he began to tug. It came out a couple inches, but then it got caught on the pocket's edge. Loft grimaced, his hand shaking, and lowered the cane back inside just enough to pull it back out again. This time, it came free, sliding out of the suit's pocket only to get caught on their bindings. Loft twisted it, angling it towards Harry, and tapped his arm.

"Here," he said quietly, "take it."
  11. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Harry grabbed the cane with his left hand as he tried to talk to the lead Mad Scrub. "Now Mister Scrub, what do you really wish to accomplish this this? What good will come of us dying?" Harry started to unshieth his cane sword.
    The Mad Scrub looked even madder the more Harry spoke. "Sacrifice to appease Nature! Hylian blood to satisfy Nature to return warmth! Done talking, ready sacrifices!" The Mad Scrub walked away from Harry and Loft as Harry started cutting the rope.
    As the rope was cut Harry yelled, "Excuse me Mister Scrub, but catch!" Harry raised his hand and launched a fireball that hit the lead Scrub in the face setting him on fire. "Let's go Loft."
  12. Quill

"Sacrifice! Sacrifice!" Loft chanted as he dropped to the ground, drawing his knives. The Deku were screaming, evidently not accustomed to their sacrificial offerings fighting back. The warriors in the group were levelling their spears at the two of them, and Loft grinned, showing them his teeth. The inflamed Deku was shrieking as his highly flammable body burnt to a crisp, his wooden face blackening, warping, and disintegrating into ash before their eyes. Several Deku in the crown sobbed loudly, tiny Deku clinging to their parents' sides as their eyes were covered by their guardians.

One of the guards spat something at Loft, and the projectile smashed into the ground. There was a loud crack, and a burst of blinding light. Loft's head pounded, and, blinded and partially deaf, he staggered back into the tree. He couldn't hear anything but a loud ringing sound, and he kept his stinging eyes tightly shut, trying to dispel the burning feeling in his retinas. Something slammed into his stomach, and Loft collapsed, groaning as what seemed to be the blunt end of a spear slammed repeatedly into his back. The ringing slowly subsided, and he could hear the laughing of the Deku. His blood boiled, and he rolled away, kicking his tormentor squarely in the side. The Deku stumbled back, and Loft tackled it, pinning it against the firm ground and punching it repeatedly across the face.

His vision cleared, and he pulled out his knife. "Nice trick," he said, "I want it." With the Deku pinned under him, he began to carve open the Deku's head. Most of the Deku's insides were boring- lots of sap, lots of tubes, and some grey roots winding around the place. There was, however, a small sack attached to its throat, a few inches below the mouth. Loft reached down, grabbing it firmly in his hand, and ripped it out. He held it in front of his face, studying it closely. Inside the sack lay a single Deku nut. Loft pulled it out, frowned, and threw it over his shoulder sadly. It exploded in the face of an approaching Deku, who staggered back, stunned.

Loft, suddenly remembering that he was in the middle of a battle, sent his throwing knife thudding into its left eye. He looked back down at the sack as the Deku fell to the ground. It was too bad that he couldn't get more nuts from it. But the Deku people somehow managed to get lots of nuts from this little thing, maybe he could to. He poked his finger back into the still sappy sack, and felt a sharp twinge. He yanked it back, wondering if he had been splintered, but there was nothing there. The sack, though, rattled when his hand moved, and he was delighted to see another nut sitting in it. He happily pulled it out, and threw it into the crowd of Deku. He grinned at the blinding flash of light, and at the sharp crack that stunned their senses.

He stood up, did a little dance, and held up his dripping sack above his head. "Da da da DAAAAAA!"

((So, that's the first part of my reward taken care of. 50-35= 15 rupees remaining, rupees that have yet to be RP'd in.))
  13. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Hm. Very interesting thing you have there Loft my little friend. Allow me to see ne of those if you would. No? Well okay then, but we still need to get out of here. Let's see here...that way," Harry pointed in a random direction and started running. "Come on Loft." After running for a few minutes Harry saw someone standing just outside of the forest. Harry ran over to the Hylian man and asked, "Excuse me sir? Would you point me and my friend here to the town of Impa?" The Hylian didn't say anything, but pointed to the outline of buildings on the horizon. Harry patted the Hylian on the shoulder and said, "Thank you very much. Come Loft we are almost there."
  14. Quill

"Allow me to see those, if you would."

Loft jerked back, clutching his precious to his chest. He shook his head vigorously. "Go dissect your own Deku!"

"Well, okay then." Harry said, and began to run. There were more words in there, but Loft wasn't paying too much attention. He had reached into his sack and pulled out another Deku Nut, fingering it and staring at it absently while he ran. He easily kept pace with Harry, barely paying attention to where he was going. He followed Harry's feet, his concentration mostly focused on his new toy.

Harry stopped to ask for directions, and Loft nodded eagerly as Harry addressed him. "Yep! Coming!"

He lagged behind, though, as Harry continued running on towards Impa. He fingered the Deku Nut, staring appraisingly at the Hylian. Dirty brown hair, ragged tunic, gleaming dagger, scruffy boots, girly necklace. Loft nodded. A thief, then. He chatted aimlessly with the man, closing his eyes and yawning widely. He felt something tugging at his pack, and he grinned.

"Silly man," Loft said, and threw the Deku Nut at their feet. Loft's eyes were closed tight, but the thief wasn't so lucky. With a cry, the man staggered back, and Loft snatched at the man's dagger. It was nice and shiny, obviously new. Loft darted away, grinning maniacally and pointing his new find at the man. Unfortunately, the man was still reeling from the bright flash, and didn't notice the loss.

"Oh well," Loft said, and dashed off to follow Harry, with a whole new dagger in tow. Honestly, though, he wasn't going to keep it. It was much too long, more like a short sword than anything else, and Loft didn't like it too much. It seemed... prissy, and he didn't think that his own dagger and throwing knife would like it too much. Maybe someone would buy it at Castle Town or something.

"Harry," Loft cried, accelerating to catch up with Harry, "wait up!"
  15. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Harry. Wait up!" Harry slowed to a walk as he entered the outskirts of Impa. "Oh I am sorry my friend. I did not mean to leave you behind. Stick close to me. Never know who is who around here." Harry looked cautiously around before walking further into Impa.

"Hm. Let's see here. We were trying to get to the Eastern Sea correct? Then we will need a boat, but where to acquire one. Hm." No sooner had Harry said that as a portly Guard walked over to him.

"Excuse me. You said you were looking for a boat? Well there was a man rather like yourself that was offering to sell his boat. He was causing a ruckus so I sent him to the Black Boar Inn. Over there. The Guard pointed to a large wooden building with a boar's head mounted about the entrance with Black Boar written under it in white letters.

"Thank you sir. That is very helpful. Come on Loft."
    Harry nodded to the Guard who went on with his patrol. Harry opened the door to the inn and walked in. Everyone in the inn looked at the two Hylians that walked in. Harry looked around the room a moment before saying, "Gentlemen." Harry walked up to the bar and sat down. "Hey barkeep. I heard there is a man here wanting to sell a boat?"

Before the bartender could speak a gruff voice sounded from the corner of the main floor, "Da. Dat vould be me. Come, we talk business." A very large Hylian man with a large white beard and a scar across his left eye motioned Harry and Loft over to his table. Harry and Loft sat across the table as the Hylian had a huge smile across his face. "So you want boat da? You pay me 90 rupees and boat is yours. Do we have deal or do I kill you now? Ha ha ha ha ha. I kid, but you buy right?"

Harry thought a bit before replying, "Can I have the name of the boat please?" The Hylian looked confused before saying, "She is the Verloc. She in harbor." Harry nodded then looked at Loft and asked, "Loft could you go check the boat out for me?"
  16. Quill

Loft stared at the man. "I didn't know Santa Clause was Russian."

The fat Hylian with white hair and a red coat, the not-so jolly Santa Clause, frowned at him. "Say that again, and I kill you."

Loft nodded. "Right. Going to check the boat now." On his way out, he turned to address the man. "Hey, can I have more coal this year? Only, I used the last batch to burn down the Den, so it's much more useful than underwear and socks." He gave a cheery wave, and headed to the boat.

"I'm a-goin to check the boat, now, all the ding-dong day yoo-hoo!" He skipped over to the port, and stopped at a big boat with the word Verloc painted on its prow. He nodded imperiously, surveying the ship closely. He saw a muscular man standing in front of the ship in a sailor's uniform, and skipped over to him.

"Excuse me," he said, "a friend of mine is looking to buy this. Is it yours?"

The man looked down at Loft. "I'm the chief mate, yes."

"I have a few questions for you," Loft said, shaking his finger at the taller man. "But there's one thing I absolutely must know before I tell my friend that this ship is in ship-shape."

The man nodded, his blue eyes studying Loft closely. "I think you'll find that everything is in perfect working condition, sir. I will, of course, understand if you would like to undergo a thorough investigation of the ship. Perhaps I could-"

"Oh, no no no," Loft laughed, waving his hand airily. "It's nothing like that. No, I have one super-important question for you before we can buy this."

He looked around carefully, and gestured for the engineer to lean closer. When he had, he whispered, "does it have a good kitchen?"

The man stood straighter, and raised his eyebrows at Loft. "Yes. If she didn't, I wouldn't have signed up here in the first place."

"Alright then," Loft said cheerfully. "This is perfect. See you later, then!" He waved, and ran off, back to tell Harry of the ship's perfection.

He burst into the bar, dashing over to the table and surprising the two Hylians sitting there. "It's perfect," he gasped, his eyes flitting excitedly between the two of them. "Absolutely perfect, you should buy it now."
  17. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Well my friend Loft here really seems to like it, so I shall take it. Here you go my good man," Harry said as he laid a sack of rupees in front of the Hylian. "Dank you. Good buy. Pleasure doing business." Harry and Loft left the inn to head over to the boat. "Oh Loft. Here is a little thank you gift from me." Harry pulled a yellow and blue rupee out of his pocket and handed them to Loft. "Now let's go see the Eastern Sea. Where do you want to go first?"
  18. Quill

Loft took the rupees. He had been planning to sell his new dagger for some money, but who was he to deny a gift such as this? Of course, he could just sell the dagger and get even more rupees, but somehow he knew he couldn't. Even thinking about it set his teeth on edge, his muscles frozen as if protesting against some unknown rule. It was as if the fabric of the universe protested against his earning too many rupees, as if the divine laws set down at the dawn of time did not allow him to earn more than the fifteen rupees which he had been given as a gift.

"I guess I'm keeping you, then," Loft said to the new dagger. He glanced at his other two blades, and waggled a finger at them. "Don't get jealous, you two, and don't start any fights. Treat the newbie well, even if it is really big." He frowned at the new dagger. It still seemed like a really prissy weapon. It wasn't like there was anything frilly on it; there were not inscriptions on the hilt, no extravagant doo-dahs or anything like that. It just had a frilly air, a kind of natural consequence of appearing so new and unused.

"Well, we can fix that easily," Loft said. "First time I get sucked away to another part of Hyrule on a divine whim, you'll get plenty of experience."

His attention returned to Harry, who was still waiting for his response. "Where to next? Hmm... the land of sunshine and lollipops, obviously." He glanced up at the fading light of the setting sun, and shivered. "It's getting cold. Let's find an inn or something, I'm beat. Let's pick an island tomorrow."
  19. Quill

This thread is now finished. Its successor will be initiated when I return in August. We are ready for grading.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.