Vampiric Touch

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Ultra5, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Name: Vampiric Touch
    P/W/C Type: Wisdom
    Appearance: Right hand of caster turns a dark red or a dark blue and seems to be on fire
    Description of Function: The caster can drain the health or stamina/mana from those they touch. During the channeling of the spells energies they choose health or stamina/mana. With a touch the caster drains either health (red) or stamina/mana (blue) from the target for as long as they are in physical contact with the caster's right hand. If health is chosen then the caster's wounds will start slowly close and heal while the target will look as if losing vitality or gain the wounds being healed on the caster for as long as contact is kept increasing slowly over time of contact. If stamina/mana is chosen the caster starts feeling a little less tired and the next spell that isn't this one after the caster breaks contact will be a little more powerful while the target will get more tired and the target's spells will get a little weaker over the time of contact.
    Limitations: Physical contact with caster's right hand must be maintained, the spell wears off after about thirty seconds if not draining a target and after three minutes if draining a target, the target is free to make any move against the caster unless otherwise occupied, after the spell wears off the spell can't be used again for three minutes, what the spell drains is set at the spell's casting and can not be changed without casting again.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Alright, so I'm confused. I like this treasure, but there are a lot of small things I'm left puzzled over. Instead of just pointing around the post and saying, "what does this mean," I decided to just say what I'm reading from this and you can correct me where I'm wrong or missing something.

---

The user can choose to drain physical health or general stamina from the target through his hand. While the user is draining health, his hand appears to be wreathed in red fire. Similarly, while the user is draining stamina, his hand appears to be wrapped in blue fire. Draining continues until contact is broken or until three minutes have passed, by which point the target would likely either be dead or comatose. Stealing health will slowly transfer the user's injuries to the target, while stealing stamina will drain energy from the target as well as temporarily boost the user's magical abilities. How long this magical boost lasts depends on how much stamina was drained; however, it fades completely after thirty seconds have passed. This spell cannot be cast again before three minutes have passed.
  3. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Heh. Sorry about that. One thing I'm really good at apparently is confusing people. Yes. That is pretty much what I tried to say.
    -Ultra5
  4. Quill

lol okay. One thing I am wondering, though, is what would happen if draining continued. I just sorta slapped on the whole "dead or comatose" thing. Stamina may lead to unconsciousness (no more energy but vital life support), but physical health? If all that does is transfer injuries, what happens when there are no injuries to be transferred? No effect? Also, should stamina sucking lead to death; the potential of robbing even the energy for vital life support systems after unconciousness?
  5. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Well the draining stamina thing would not lead to death, just unconsciousness. The life however could kill in rare cases where the target is held for the full time and was already damaged somewhat. I never meant for this spell to kill on it's own out right. Just weaken the target enough so it will take few hits to kill and as a somewhat quick heal for the caster. If this makes any sense.
    -Ultra5
  6. Quill

Is this what you're looking for?

The user can choose to drain physical health or general stamina from the target through his hand. While the user is draining health, his hand appears to be wreathed in red fire. Similarly, while the user is draining stamina, his hand appears to be wrapped in blue fire. Draining continues until contact is broken or until three minutes have passed. The target may fall unconscious from prolonged exposure; however, this spell is not fatal unless the target is already seriously injured. Stealing health will slowly transfer the user's injuries to the target, and when all the user's injuries are healed the spell will immediately cease. Stealing stamina will drain energy from the target as well as temporarily boost the user's magical abilities. How long this magical boost lasts depends on how much stamina was drained; however, it fades completely after thirty seconds have passed. This spell cannot be cast again before three minutes have passed.
  7. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    That looks good. Now why can't I use words that well? :tpr:
    -Ultra5
  8. Quill

lol. It's easier when you're not the creator, don't worry. So, I'm fine with this; now we just wait for another Staffer to come along.
  9. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

I'm fine with this concept. While Quill has done most of the summarizing already, a fully formatted version (drafted by the mods) should be put up in here before the treasure is officially cleared. This is pretty much done, though--good work!
  10. Quill

`Vampiric Touch
    Original: U5, Spell - Offensive
    [Dark], [Fist], [Healing], [Theft], [Undead]

W5: 30 rupees
    W4: 45 rupees
    W3: 60 rupees
    W2: 90 rupees
    W1: 180 rupees

The caster can choose to drain physical health or general stamina from the target through his hand. Draining continues for either a few minutes or until contact is broken. The target may fall unconscious from prolonged exposure; however, this spell is not fatal unless the target is already seriously injured. Stealing health will slowly transfer the caster's injuries to the target, and when all the caster's injuries are healed the spell will immediately cease. Stealing stamina will drain energy from the target as well as temporarily boost the caster's magical abilities. How long this magical boost lasts depends on how much stamina was drained; however, this effect does not last long. This spell cannot be used again for another couple of minutes.
  11. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    I like it, but I have one question. Doesn't the [Dark] field make a prereq for the treasure the Dark Affinity treasure?
    -Ultra5
  12. Quill

Don't worry about it, Lucario. Dark Affinity can certainly be used in tandem with this, but since you didn't make it with that in mind, it's fine. You won't need DA to get VT, although the two could certainly go hand in hand, and DA could even be used to augment VT's effects. But no; DA isn't a prereq for VT. Not unless you want it to be, anyway.
  13. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    I would be fine with that. I just didn't want to throw a wrench in anything Spirit had planned with my treasure if it did have DA as a prereq. If Spirit is fine with it I have no problem with this treasure needing DA to be aquired.
    -Ultra5
  14. Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept New Member reg

I actually was in the middle of making a spell like this for dark magic, hahaha. Because of that I wouldn't mind having it be a part of dark magic.

There are two small issues though, one that it needs to have some sort of drawback for simply possessing the spell. When I was working on my idea of the spell I said that having the spell prevented you from using deku and seed items but if you another idea for it I'm open to ideas. The other is that dark magic makes you progressively more vulnerable to light magic, so if you just add the line "As with all dark magic spells, possessing the spell gives the owner a slight vulnerability against light magic and enhancements that increases as they learn more dark spells." that'll work perfectly.
  15. Quill

Alright, thanks Spirit. Lucario, I'm thinking that that second bit'll be easy to add in. The first bit should, I think, be left up to you to decide, since this is your treasure.
  16. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Well with the way I have VT set up the seed thing doesn't really make much sense to me. I have been thinking about it and all I can come up with that makes sense to me is healing things (both spells and items) no longer work and VT is the only way the caster can heal themselves in a non natural, but that seems too much of a drawback. I talked to Quill a bit in the c-box and he suggested that the drawback adds onto DA making healing spells and items only 1/4 as effective. These are just something to think about and don't have to be it.
    -Ultra5
  17. Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept New Member reg

I do have to agree with your first point, when I was making the spell I included a part about how you could drain energy away from the environment, draining wildlife and all. And that's what gave me the idea for the seeds and deku thing.

Your 1/4 healing from other sources works fantastically though. Really furthers the concept that dark magic demands dedication to it. I fully support your idea.
  18. Quill

`Vampiric Touch
    Original: U5, Spell - Offensive
    [Dark], [Fist], [Healing], [Theft]

W5: 30 rupees
    W4: 45 rupees
    W3: 60 rupees
    W2: 90 rupees
    W1: 180 rupees

Prerequisite to Obtain: Dark Affinity

The caster can choose to drain physical health or general stamina from the target through his hand. Draining continues for either a few minutes or until contact is broken. The target may fall unconscious from prolonged exposure; however, this spell is not fatal unless the target is already seriously injured. Stealing health will slowly transfer the caster's injuries to the target, and when all the caster's injuries are healed the spell will immediately cease. Stealing stamina will drain energy from the target as well as temporarily boost the caster's magical abilities. How long this magical boost lasts depends on how much stamina was drained; however, this effect does not last long. This spell cannot be used again for another couple of minutes.

There is a drawback to possessing this piece of dark magic. Dark Affinity made healing only 1/2 as effective, and now Vampiric Touch renders healing only 1/4 as effective on its owner. As with all dark magic spells, possessing the spell gives the owner a slight vulnerability against light magic and enhancements that increases as they learn more dark spells.
  19. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    I like it. It looks pretty cool.
    -Ultra5
  20. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Due to unfortunate disconnects, I feel the need to address this in-thread. Since the dark-affinity thing was added after my approval...

Can we rephrase:
    To instead read something like: