Unfortunate News About Cloud

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Eevachu, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

I am sad to say that we have learned that Cloud passed away on April 12, 2020. According to a post by one of his family members, he suffered a seizure early in the morning, and complications from that are what resulted in his passing. For anyone who is unaware, these seizures and issues came about from a brain injury Cloud suffered while in Marine Boot Camp. It was something that he had been dealing with, along with other brain-related issues, since then. Unfortunately, this is all we know at the moment. We are still trying to find out further details about what happened, and if I can, I will update this post with them.

Cloud was more passionate about HC than any person I've ever met. The site really meant a lot to him, and I want to continue to carry on his legacy through the site he put so much time and care into.
    Magnere, Squishy and Electronic Ink like this.
  2. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Cloud always wanted to be the best in all things he did. In many ways he taught us to be the best versions of ourselves through the good and the bad. He taught us what it meant to be strong, and he reminded us how it means to be fragile as a human being. His dedication to managing this site showed me and many others that he wanted everyone to enjoy the things that he loved, and I worked with him to keep the systems balanced (we tried our best) so that people could enjoy a stable system of roleplay for years to come. Cloud continued fighting to enjoy his life, every last second of it until the very end. He struggled through an injury many of us have trouble imagining just so he could keep contact with all of us and continue doing what he loved.

I suspected something like this may have happened while I tried to imagine the best case scenario, him coming back to us and telling us it was some inconvenience in his life preventing him from responding to us. I have planned to remember and honor Cloud in the best and most fitting ways I can. He would have wanted joy and laughter on my face as I thought of the great times and adventure we had together. So here's to Julius and his mythical sword Thomas. Let's be the best we can possibly be for Cloudy and for each other.
    Magnere, Squishy and Electronic Ink like this.