[TREASURE ACQUISITION] Now an All-Round Healer

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Blonde Panther, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Now an All-Round Healer
    metadata (open)
    Character: Lyra
    Rewards: Purify & Revive
    Balance before Transaction: 70 Rupees.
    Cost: 20 Rupees for Purify & 10 Rupees for Revive (Both are bumped down a cost category by Lyra's Specialty in the Heal field.)
    Balance after Transaction: 40 Rupees.

Lyra kept her hand on the dog's head, closing her eyes and focusing intently as she muttered the incantation under her breath. The dog struggled a little, but its owner kept it in place so Lyra did not lose physical contact with it. Finally, she completed her spell and took her hand back, leaning heavily on her staff and panting. Detox was always a little straining, and this dog had ingested a LOT of chocolate prior to being brought to her.

Looking at it, she saw that it had vomited out the entire contents of its stomach, with the owner casting an apologetic gaze in her direction and that of her mentor. "That's okay," the old woman said, "We'll get that cleaned up in a minute. Do come back to us if he shows any other symptoms later." With a nod, the dog owner took off. Lyra's mentor helped her stand up. "Good job, Lyra. It didn't even pass out. How are you?"

"I'll be fine," Lyra said, having already regained her breath. "It's just that I'm small, so-"

"I know the finer workings of Detox, Lyra." The old woman turned around, and Lyra assumed she was dismissed, so she gathered her staff and straightened out her skirt, preparing to walk off. "Hold on a moment." She stopped and turned around. Her mentor came walking back to her, holding out a small book in a green leather cover. "You're pretty good at healing injuries and poisons," she said. "I think it's time you moved on to less common, but no less dangerous ailments."

Lyra reached forwards and took the book; upon closer inspection, it appeared to be more of a school notebook that had been given a sturdy cover. "This contains all the information you will need on two spells," her mentor explained. "One is Revive, which is as simple as it can be crucial, and brings a person back from unconsciousness if performed properly. The second is Purify, which has a two-fold function. Primarily, it functions like Detox, except it cleanses magical effects instead of natural ones. However, it can also be used to weaken or even incapacitate dark mages." Lyra looked up, confused. The old woman smiled. "When you came here, you mentioned wanting to serve as support for those who would oppose the Evil King. And even when dealing with lesser evil sorcerers, I feel it appropriate to teach you this spell."

Now, the old woman turned around and walked off. "I'll send Bastian to get that dog vomit off the floor. You study that book, and meet me tomorrow for practice."

"Yes, ma'am," Lyra said, clutching the book to her chest. "Thank you."