There's something fishy, over there... [Squishy Guy]

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Guy, May 3, 2016.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

(This is a prequel to our run of Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly, and can be considered a part of that dungeon run.)

'Twas humble outpost at the southern edge of the Lost Woods, overlooking the gorgeous Lake Hylia as the dawning sun's light broke across it.

"I hope there isn't a storm," Gustav sighed quietly, lowering his telescope, "The skies to the south shouldn't be so dark this time of day."

"Our ship will be fine," Guy sneered, "Worst case scenario, you can fly away, I can merman the fuck out of there, and our previous Hylian brat can follow my lead." He directed the man's attention to the glistening violet pants draped over his shoulder, "That is, assuming he's smart enough to buy these."

"I can hardly fly that fair... But you don't mind if this vessel capsizes, I take it." The Business Scrub pressed a hand to his temple, realizing all too suddenly that the ship they were standing on--the ship he had entrusted Guy to acquire--was of no concern to the man. Why? Because it was stolen, of course. You would think a thief would still care about what he stole. Even if it wasn't paid for honestly, a sea-faring vessel still had monetary value. He worked with enough thieves to know so many of them thought that way. The Business Scrub knew it was... in his best, interest, usually. 'Tis an exploitable weakness. It was regrettable, but... profitable. Very profitable. Gustav feigned remorse of working with outright criminals. Even he couldn't believe his next lie, "One of these days I should wise up and stop working with the likes of Locke and yourself."

Guy just chuckled quietly, "You're far too shrewd for that, and we both know it. Anyway, even if I had acquired the ship honestly, it's hardly worth even the price of these trousers. The thing's already falling apart. A fish could break it in half without even trying." His eyes rolled, "Meanwhile I had to convince my oh-so-pleasant sister to make pants with magical scales I had to personally rip from a monster that could give you nightmares, well beneath the depths of the ocean. But forget that monster. You know how difficult it is to get Sienna to make normal clothing? I wouldn't be surprised if they don't try to eat his legs as soon as he puts them on..." The man hesitated, adding, "Don't mention who made them, obviously. Nayru help us if he recognizes my sister's name."

"To be fair," Gustav remarked, eye back in his telescope "She remains anonymous quite well... Oh. I think that's him approaching now, the Hylian lad. The kid has a sharp eye--he seems to have noticed us before I noticed him."

"Good," Guy said with mild disdain, "I'll get a profit out of him yet, despite your best efforts. He's carrying his share of the coins, I presume?"
  2. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Oh yes, he did.

Locke swifty stepped along the lakeshore, crossbow slung over his shoulder. Guy and Gustav had requested he meet them here, as they had found a buyer for their worthless treasure. Though a buyer meant it was not completely worthless, after all. And something about trousers? The last bit of the message had been a bit muddled, so the Hylian wasn't too sure what to expect.

Their vessel wasn't too hard to spot, as it was one of the few stil anchored at this time of day. It was small and creaked in the wind as the Hylian approached, though Locke had too little knowledge of ships to judge its condition. His brother might have been better suited to that task. A ratty rope ladder hung from the side, allowing anyone to board. Locke grabbed hold of the worn rope and climbed over the side, dropping onto the deck with a heavy thud. The coins in the sack at his side jangled with the sudden movement. As Locke got to his feet, he nodded at the two Deku.

"Here I am." The Hylian took a sack from his belt, holding it up for his companions to see, but did not quite reach out to hand it over. He had the nagging suspicion Guy had not been entirely honest in his first offer for them. As far as two thieves knew anything about honesty. "Now, the deal?"