The Plotline

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Ribitta, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

So I've been working on some things for the potential new plotline, recently (and finally). So without going into too much detail on what's in the works right now, I just want to pose this simple question to those of HC who would like to give their input.

What types of things would you like to see in this story arc or future ones?

It could be super specific things like, "I want to see Ganon decapitate Link" or it could be super general like "We should use the Zora more." Anything is helpful, even if I may not be able to use all of it. The few suggestions I've gotten already have been awesome, and I'd like to hear more of them...

...k go
  2. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Uhh, not sure actually. I guess we're still sorta waiting for the Yetis? Or perhaps some more story-bits about the Kikwi and Mogma.

Personally I'd like to see a little more action from Ganon or his minions or something, or maybe some vague clue about what happened to Link. Nothing too major at the moment, I'm kinda pleased with how things are now. xD

Although maybe some development in the war or something might be cool in the future. Since we've got some evil characters now it might be fun to see what side they'll pick.

EDIT:
    I agree with U5's ideas :D Maybe some stuff about Ikana? And a gigantic battle.
  3. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

I'd like to see Moblins become playable for story reasons. Maybe as a regular, or even veteran race. The story reason for it could be some sort of moblin rebellion, or something? Of, course, not all of them would rebel, only part of the army. Also, I'd like more news on Link. Ooh. Maybe the Twili and the twilight world can get involved. That would be awesome!

EDIT: Another thing I just thought of, advancing a movement to capture another town of South Hyrule, or even Ganon making a movement on part of the Eastern Sea.

EDIT 2: I just saw what U5 said. I agree 100%. Stalfos of Ikana DEFINITELY need to be made playable.
  4. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

A full scale invasion by the River Zora on Lake Hylian Zora, or maybe even viceversa.

Maybe some kind of internal fighting in the North.

But mostly the first one.
  5. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Subrosians. Subrosians everywhere Ribitta. :sarcasm:

Seriously now I would love to see a gigantic battle between Ganon's forces and the Guards and PCs. (Side note: This needs to be the theme music.) Maybe also something with the Ikana Stalfos fighting either for or against Ganon. If the latter a Stalfos player race would be nice as well.

-Ultra5
  6. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

I would like to see interracial developments in a variety of places, such as the Moruge Swamp situation. I don't really care for the Big Bad behind the scenes, I'm more interested in all of the world's interactions with itself on the grander scales. I don't know what this would entail to be honest.
  7. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Double: Staff is currently working on monster races as playable races, though more info on that later. However, you will likely not be seeing the Twili as a playable race in the near future (if at all), for various reasons.

Squishy: As mentioned above, monster races are being worked on, and will play a role in this kind of interaction (between Ganon and his minions and Northern Hyrule, etc.). The monster races will likely have greater restrictions than normal races, for some obvious reasons (for example, you can't go and see Ganon in Death Mountain just because you are a monster race...). Said restrictions will also apply to character creation as well (for example, you can't have a Moblin who is horribly misunderstood and is actually "good"). In terms of "alignments", monster races will likely be limited to the Evil or Neutral axes. Anyways, that should certainly open up some interesting opportunities for interactions between Ganon/Northern Hyrule, as well as possibly create player versus player situations in context, rather than just the arena.
  8. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Uh, I didn't exactly mean to have monsters as a race xD More like, if the war became an event, players would be able to choose whose side they fight on, Ganon's or Hyrule's (I'm calling it Hyrule's since I have no idea what else to call it :S)

Take Tsubori's gerudo, Harena for example. She'd fight on Ganon's side, while a guard character would fight on the other side, oppsing Ganon's. I was thinking more of this in picking sides xD Sorry for the confusion!

EDIT:
    Double's idea about the twilight world below. What about we make different events about different regions of Hyrule being turned to twilgith?
  9. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Will, I wasn't suggesting we make the Twili a playable race, but rather that we give either the Twilight world, or the Twili themselves a part in the story. Like parts of Hyrule (Not big ones, just parts) Get turned to Twilight as an event, or something of the sort.
  10. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I don't want to incorporate the Twili or Twilight Realm into the story. At least not at this point.
  11. Idarian

Idarian Imperator of Known Space reg

I have been wondering something about the timeline... It says Hyrule was founded in 136 BG, I think it was... there is some more detail than that, but that's the idea, I think. Rather, that is when Hyrule expands southward. Could there be some more detail as to the history of the land before that? What was happening 1,000 years ago? It might not be as important, so it may not be quite as detailed, but maybe something as to the kinds of people inhabiting the lands we now know. Maybe we find something in one of our roleplays that has to do with the "long time ago" bit.

Also, shouldn't Ganon have emerged in 0 AG? That's been digging at me. Otherwise, it seems like Ganon began his siege a year after he began his siege... Also, might the calendar be better suited to be based on "years after Hyrule was founded" or years of some certain time period other than when Ganon appeared?
  12. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    I feel like the next plotline advancement would make sense to incorporate either the eastern sea, or Ikana. Anything else at this point wouldn't make any sense.
  13. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I've wanted to do a deep history of Hyrule, and I plan on doing it, its just far off in the future. So yes, your desire for that will be met, eventually. As for 0 AG, look at the example of our own year system. There is no 0 AD :haa: . It just doesn't make sense for there to be a 0, it goes to one year before ganon to the end of that year and the beginning of the reign of Ganon at year 1.
  14. Idarian

Idarian Imperator of Known Space reg

Well, that's me told. I was about to look up one Wikipedia's mighty lists of important events in X year, for AD 0, and I was thwarted by an article telling me that, because our calendar is stupid, there is no year 0. Carry on then.