The origin of your User Name.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bitoko, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

So I've seen the one about your character names, but what about your username? What inspired it?

Want to know where I got Bitoko? Well I was going to play my first MMO ever at my cousins house, and it was Star Wars Galaxies. Well I picked a wookie and started customizing him when eventually I got to the name. I decided I didn't want to come up with my own so I did the random thing and after a few clicks "Bitoko" came up, and well, it stuck and I've used it ever since. How about you?
  2. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

*shrugs* I just thought it up on the spot when making a dedicated Battle.net account and it's stuck ever since. It was, however, a long time before people started using "R.D." for short, rather than just Rising. And honestly I prefer R.D. to Rising.
  3. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Well Ultra5 is a shortening of my Battle.net username Ultralisk5.
  4. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Mine was used for the first time when I was young, I can't even remember why I chose it, thats where the double_r part came along. the 111 came when I make an account at a website double_r is usually not taken but it was on xbox live when I made my account. So I did what I always do, because I'm very forgetful I just kept adding ones until it wasn't taken, three ones later and I had it. I started using it for everything else for the same reason as before about the forgetfulness
  5. Gabachi

Gabachi New Member new

I was one of the few people who played the game spore and actually enjoyed it. Gabochi was one of my creature names. Over the years, my username (on other forums) has been Gobochi, Gabochi, gobo, and gaba33. I like being original :)
  6. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Well, my name is James and my favorite alignment in Dungeons and Dragons is Chaotic Good, so I decided on Chaos James. Most people just call my CJ though, which caught on because people would always confuse James, Chaos and myself on Hylian Shield.
  7. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Ribitta is a female news anchor from one of the Megaman series. Ended up choosing it because I was doing news-ish stuff on the site I was at (though not really) It just kind of stuck.
  8. demo

demo New Member reg

It's all The janitor's fault for the name Demo. He wanted to call me demo on ZU so i called myself demo/lishon. Then I came to this site and wanted something simpler, also I like being called Demo, not demo/lishon.
  9. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    I DON'T
    REMEMBER
  10. Celsius

Celsius Celest reg

Well mine simply came from Tales of Symphonia. Celsius was a ice summon spirit and i've always been one to love ice, fire, dark, or astral like elements and stuff. and well Celsius or Celestial(if Celsius isn't taken) been my names since.
  11. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

I dimly remember being known as "adad" back in 2nd grade. I believe we all grabbed the first half of our name and duplicated it. The first time I needed a username I grabbed that. The first time it wasn't available I smashed 64 on the end because it's an awesome number. Haven't changed it in the decade or so since. Even when people started calling me "a dad of 64" >.> I also go by splorg64 (creation in my first flash animation) or mido64 BGI (on xbox live, Mido due to the first zelda character that popped in my head... BGI because me and my friends all tack it on the end.)

The. End.
  12. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    I think I got mine from pokemon, awhile ago, though I misspelled it on purpose. I don't really know why. It's a mystery :V
  13. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

Hyrulian Hero...ZCom (or the MSN Zelda Community) was my first try at joining a Zelda RP site back in the 90's and I was young so I chose a name that was a bit over the top. It ended up being easier for people to type "Hero" or even "HH" as they didn't have to reach across their keyboard to tap an annoying "Q" or something. Who has time for that?
  14. Nolan

Nolan Member new

When I was crowned lord and king of all the meese, I shed my birth name and took on the name Nolan. Why Nolan? No clue. It just happened.
  15. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Tsubori... Iunno. It's weird. Tsubori is the first character I ever made, (also the most OP) But because he's no longer in use, due to the rp closing, Tsubori has stopped being him, and more became me. Even people who know my name all still call me Tsubori or Tsu. The one and only other name I've really gone by was Kon, due to the time I had my username as Konstantine Brayko, from my fave action stealth third person shooter rpg dating sim. (Shuddup that's Alpha Protocol) But yeah. Tsubori I'm not to sure where that initially came from, though it may actually be from my name generator service in my mind. (Step 1: Close eyes, step two: poke keyboard five times, step 3: Add letters between stuff = victory!) That's the story of Tsu.
  16. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Squishy sounded... well squishy, kinda nice. No idea actually to be honest. I had this squeaky submarine next to my pc a while ago, so I suppose it came from there. I usually go by Squishy or SquishySubmarine on the web.
  17. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Just a blatant ripoff of an awesome "realistic" (IDK how, you carry like 200 missiles and infinite machine gun ammo, can take like 5 missiles and take down enemies while in a plane that has no weapons) jet-fighter game, AKA the Razgriz squadron.
  18. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Slightly long story compared to Raz and Squish. I've been into Fire Emblem since before I really got active on the internets, and in FE7, the members of the antagonist's assassin guild were given a false name compromised of an adjective (often a color) and a noun, although exceptions existed. Examples are Blue Crow and White Wolf.

In my first careful attempts of fanfiction I had an OC in that assassin's guild, going by the false name of Blonde Panther. She grew on me and although I no longer use the character, I took her false name as my own.
  19. urnotlikeme

urnotlikeme New Member reg

It came from a 50 cent song, "u not like me". I actually don't like the song, but the name stuck, and I decided to be a little more grammatically correct.
  20. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    I uh... I have no idea, really.

I was just typing in usernames for a site one time and most of the ones I wanted were taken, so I just decided to go the opposite direction and typed in UnnamedDude.

And after that it just sort of stuck.