The Lady and the Dead

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Double_r111, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Darukara was glad for the sunset. Finally he could leave. "Come on Drake. Lets go home" He told the dodongo, climbing on the carriage. It was a strange sight. The huge goron riding home, with the friendly dodongo pulling the comically undersized carriage. With the cannon in the back, and Darukara's large size, it was amazing he had room in the carriage to begin with. However, he got no stares, everyone in the area was used to the strange sight.

"Hm? What's this?" he asked no one in particular. "Drake. Stop." The dodongo slowed to a halt. Darukara stepped off the carriage and walked to a nearby bomb shop. A slip of paper hung from the door. "My sister has gone missing collecting an order of bombs from Darunia. I need a group of able fighters who may be able to save her. I am searching for such a group here in Darunia, but if anyone here would be willing to help, meet me here at Darunia. I will pay handsomely for her safe return.

Merchant Atar."

Darukara's heart sank. How awful it must be for that poor man. He had lost very close friends himself, it was the worst feeling in the world. No, he couldn't let that happen to someone else too. The pain was too much to bare. He climbed back on the carriage. "Drake. Bring me home. Now." He ordered, more forcefully than usual.

Darukara searched for a pen and some paper. After a minute, he found them.
    "I must leave for a while. Possibly even months. I am not sure when I will return. Sorry boss." He wrote. Darukara knew that he would be punished, or even fired for such an act, but he didn't care.

He walked back outside and climbed on the carriage. Drake, north." He commanded the dodongo. Drake was clearly confused at the urgency in his voice, though he didn't know what Darukara was saying, he recognized the order, having been trained basic riding commands. Still, it had been almost a year since he last saw his master like this. What could be going on? Drake however, went North, as his master commanded. Darukara stopped at the workplace and left the letter there, then got back on the carriage and rode towards the exit of the town.
  2. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

"P-please! Don't kill me!" In the dark room, the head construction man begged for his life, knowing only that sharp steel was pressed to his throat. 

"The blueprints for the guard barracks. Where are they?" The voice was smooth and uncaring, knowing the man wasn't used to this kind of pressure. 

"M-my desk! I have a wife and children! Please just spare me... H-here..." He reached into his desk, pulling out a small package of papers and laying it in front of him. 

"Aww... A wife and kids?" The voice asked, a tinge of sadness in her voice. 

"Y-yes..." 

"I'm sure they'll be very sad for you."

"Wha-" His words were cut off by Harena dragging her blade across his throat. He struggled for a moment, but in a very short time, he was still. Harena pulled the papers from his desk, looking over them and confirming they were indeed the right building before climbing out the window. 

Harena had come to this city after her attack on the noble's party that went rather well. Her main issue was in fact, the guards. Well now none could say Harena Tenebris didn't learn from her mistakes. 

She figured that before wreaking any havoc here, she should take out the guards in one fell swoop. She emerged into the daylight of a small alley, but soon blended back in among the crowd. As she was walking though, someone caught her eye... A Goron in a carriage, but there was a frantic look on his face, as if something was wrong. 

She still had to make more preparations, as well as actually obtain the explosives again. For now, she'd see what was with this Goron, using the crowd as cover while she followed him.
  3. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Relerin walks through the street flipping through his notebook. "Hm. Yes. Could work. No, no. Too unstable. Maybe. Hm." Not paying attention Relerin runs into a wall with a thud. "Ow. Okay, I get it. Pay more attention." Relerin slips his notebook in a pocket in his robes and looks around.

A few feet away there was a Goron with a small cart and a Dodongo. The Goron appeared to be reading a note that was posted to the door of the bomb shop. As the Goron got back into his cart and the Dodongo started to pull it as Relerin walks over to and reads the note.

'My sister has gone missing collecting an order of bombs from Darunia. I need a group of able fighters who may be able to save her. I am searching for such a group here in Darunia, but if anyone here would be willing to help, meet me here at Darunia. I will pay handsomely for her safe return.

Merchant Atar.'

"Hm. Not good. Excuse me mister Goron!"
    Relerin turns and runs after the Goron with the cart. After finally catching up to the Goron Relerin asks him, "Excuse me sir, but I was wondering if you were heading to help Mr. Atar's sister. If so I would like to help you. I am Relerin."
  4. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

"Hm?" Darukara turned around. He heard a shout form the distance. They were being chased. "Drake. Stop." He commanded. The boy who was chasing them caught up.

"Excuse me sir, but I was wondering if you were heading to help Mr. Atar's sister. If so I would like to help you. I am Relerin."

Darukara looked at Relerin. He wore dark robes covered with elaborate designs, and carried a large staff with him. His face was pale white. Overall, not the first thing Darukara would expect from a fighter.

"I'm Darukara. You don't look like a warrior. Are you some sort of mage?" Darukara asked. He had never actually seen a mage. There weren't any in his old crew. But he had heard stories of what they could do.

Drake started frantically sniffing and roared, looking behind them. Not at one of them, but at something else. Clearly, Drake saw, or sensed, something they didn't see. Darukara however, was still talking to Relerin and didn't notice.
  5. Tsubori

Harena weaved carefully in between the crowds, managing to avoid drawing any attention to herself. She saw the Goron now speaking with a young man in robes, maybe a Mage?

She still got a strange feeling from the boy, moreso than she'd felt in a while. She couldn't put her finger on it... Regardless, her intrigue had been further caught by the situation, though it seemed as though that beast in the cart had taken note of her. Was... That a dodongo?
  6. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Y-y-yes, yes. I'm a mage. Only a novice mage at this point, but I am able to handle myself pretty well. Again I request to join you on this mission." Relerin notices the Dodongo pulling the wagon was starting to freak out about something.

In his head Relerin hears Ba'al say, 'Whelp, look over there at that Gerudo woman. She has been following the Goron here for a bit now. She's...somehow familiar. That isn't good for either of us. Watch yourself.' Relerin quickly glances over to see that Ba'al was right. There seemed to be a strange Gerudo woman that was rather intent of following the Goron.

Relerin returned his gaze to Darukara and continues talking, "Mr. Darukara, you wouldn't happen to know any Gerudo would you? If not we may be in some trouble."
  7. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

"A Gerudo?" Darukara asked confused. "I've befriended Gerudo in the past, but there's no chance that any of them are here now." Darukara told the mage, a forlorn look falling over his face at the sad memory.

He looked back at the carriage for the first time since getting out. "What is it Drake?" He shouted. The dodongo continued to roar and squirm, looking back. Darukara turned around. Drake had been roaring at a Gerudo woman. Come to think of it, he had seemed anxious for a while. Was she behind him the whole time?

"Hey! You!" He shouted in the direction of the mysterious women. "Who are you and what are you doing!" He shouted. Although it couldn't be proven, Drake, being mostly a creature of instinct, was often correct in who meant good and who meant bad, and judging by Drake's reaction to her, this woman had less than honest intentions.
  8. Tsubori

Harena noticed the two begin to suspect her, so she went about casually, looking at the wares of some roadside peddler. As if she actually cared about the petty jewelry they sold, it was naught but a ruse. 

And then the Goron called her out. Damn it... She looked up as if just taking note of the pair and the pet lizard now, starting to walk over calmly, a slightly seductive spring in each step. She didn't really think it'd work, this being a kid and a Goron, but hey, anything to distract the mind.

Once she reached the two, her eyes scanned both, then the dodongo. It was looking at her so angrily. Stupid lizard. "I apologize if I seemed like I was following you, as I assure you that wasn't my intention. I was merely going about my business." The silver tongued gerudo smiled faintly. 

"Though you would think one would only be so defensive about people following him if he were actually hiding something, no? And you should better train your pet here. It could frighten innocent bystanders like myself growling like that." She said this, but it seemed there wasn't a shred of fear on her face.
  9. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Ba'al is getting restless in Relerin's head. Relerin tries to control Ba'al, but he was really riled up at this Gerudo. The pentagram on Relerin's right eye flashs as Relerin's face darkens and Ba'al starts speaking, using Relerin's voice only much deeper with a slight hint of demonic in it. "Bullshit! I don't know who you are playing for Gerudo, but I see not a shred of fear in you. You walked over here like you were not actively trying to follow the Goron and you just noticed us. Bull fucking shit! You are either a cheap two bit whore wanting to get some with a Goron and a fifteen year old child or you are after something that the Goron has or is doing. I don't quite know what it is, but I don't trust bitches like you as far as I can throw them! I suggest that you watch yourself. I am nowhere near as weak as I look. I can end you faster than it takes you to draw your last breath and bring you back to end you again!"

Relerin's eye flashs again. "Oh Goddess. That should not have happened. He should not have been able to do that! Goddess damn it! Ba'al shouldn't..." Relerin's eyes triple in size when he realizes what he just said. He then starts looking around frantically hoping that no Guards heard him say that.
  10. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Darukara was shocked. "Y-your voice!" He stammered. He took a while to summon words, still in shock. "What just happened? You seemed fine a moment ago, then you snapped. And that voice!" Darukara shivered. He had never heard such an awful voice. "What was that?! A and who's Ba'al? What kind of mage are you?!" At this point, Darukara had completely forgotten about the Gerudo. He just wanted answers. Then Darukara shivered. He couldn't remember the last time he had lost his cool like that, but he had never seen anything like this. Meanwhile, Drake was silent. Something about the voice that had spoken scared him. Terrified him.
  11. Tsubori

Harena chuckled lightly at the boy's strange outburst, where most would be terrified. "My oh my, sir Goron, it seems you weren't the one who was hiding something." A dark smirk crossed her face, seeing that even that infernal dodongo had shut up. 

"Anything to tell us, boy? Or need I send for a light priestess to help ease it out of you?" Harena sat gently upon the edge of the cart, her little smirk still present. 
  12. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    The Gerudo woman looked unaffected and even amused with seeing Ba'al's outburst. 'I told you whelp. She is not to be trusted. If you get yourself killed I swear you will spend the rest of eternity rotting in the Ninth level of Hell.' Ba'al threatens Relerin in his own head. Upon the Gerudo mentioning light priestesses both Relerin and Ba'al get even more pissed off. Relerin growls at her, bearing his teeth, for a split second before regaining his composure.

Eyes still a bit wide from mentioning Ba'al Relerin comes up with a story he hopes the other two will buy. "No that shall not be necessary Ms. Gerudo. There is nothing good a Light Priestess could do for me. As for your questions Mr. Darukara, I have, some...shall we say, anger issues. When I become exceedingly angry I...how to put it...erm become something that isn't quite me, yet is me at the same time. I am normally able to control that side of myself. As for the Ba'al thing...that is the name I gave to THAT part of me. I did so after the Demon Lord of Death, Ba'al. He is one of the more angry demons in Hell from me studies of him and the Life and Death cycle. I apologize for the outburst, to you Mr. Darukara. To be frank Ms. Gerudo, I don't trust or like you, you have not even given us something to call you. I don't think you will give us your real name, but anything to call you is better than...no, thoughts in order...no, yes. Oh...yes, yes almost forgot. As for what kind of mage I am...I use and practice the Necromantic School of Magics, I am a necromancer. Before you say anything, let me say that I am not a corpse defiler who digs up graves for fun. I research ways to use necromancy and the Life and Death cycle for the good of the common people. Anything I raise gets a proper burial along with any rights they need to pass on...I'm lecturing again aren't I? I apologize once again." Relerin bows. He pulls out his notebook from his robe pocket and starts scribbling something down. "Yes. Make note of that. There we go." Relerin slides the notebook back into his robe pocket. "Now then. Anything else you wish to ask?"
  13. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Darukara took a moment to process this information. It sounded awfully suspicious, but could a kid like Relerin really be possessed by a demon? It all seemed so unbelievable. He put a hand to his head. He didn't know what to believe. This certainly wasn't a normal day. It had all spiraled out of his control in moments. First the poster, then the necromancer, and now this. Even with the pirates, Darukara rarely had days this strange.
  14. Tsubori

Harena shook her head. Still smirking at this strange boy. “Yes, because a pentagram lights up in your eye when you’re angry. Quite the believable story, child. Did I mention I’m princess Zelda’s twin sister?” She laughed at her little joke and looked at the dodongo. Yup, still spooked. She then walked over next to Darukara.

“Now then, demonically possessed children aside, I took note before of your hurry you were in. Have a special job you could use help with?” She recalled from when she’d overheard their conversation before. “Maybe something about some sister?” With a smirk, she extended her hand. “Harena. And I assure you, right now I’m probably far more trustworthy than… Him.” She said, glancing at Relerin.
  15. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Relerin casts an evil look to Harena, bearing his teeth. Relerin hates when he does that. It makes people think of him as an animal and not a Hylian. "My affliction is of no concern to you witch. It seems I am caught though." Relerin sighs running his hand through his dark orange hair. He turns to Darukara and calmly says, "From a young age I have been...cursed? No...afflicted? Yes...yes that works. I have been afflicted with a mark upon my soul, or what used to be my soul. My soul has been split between me and the Death Demon Lord Ba'al. I will admit that I may not seem like the most trustworthy person to have as company, but I can normally control Ba'al. When either him or I become angry enough he can overpower my will." Relerin shoots another death glare at Harena. He then turns back to Darukara. "I won't lie. Harena infuriates both myself and Ba'al. I do not know why exactly, but she does. I still offer my assistance with your mission, but if you wish I will leave you and...it, alone Mr. Darukara. I will not accompany you if you do not wish me to." Relerin bows then stands waiting for the Goron's response. Relerin wishes to himself that the Goron decides to let him come along, even if the Gerudo is going as well.
  16. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Darukara was shocked. So this kid was possessed? Well, despite this, he didn't seem like a bad person on his own. Darukara shook his head and sighed. What was going on? "Well" He began, "I suppose you can come along. But you have to control... It." Darukara told the boy. He turned to the Gerudo. Relerin was right. She was infuriating. "Harena is it?" He asked. "Honestly, I dont' particularly want you on this journey, but I can tell there will be no swaying you." He told Harena. "Just, don't bother Drake here, okay?" The dodongo gave looked at Darukara at the mention of it's name, but didn't make any noise. He climbed back into the cart. "I'm sorry, but the carriage only fits one." He informed them, "so you'll need to walk."
  17. Tsubori

Harena shrugged, a smirk still on her face. "Well, aren't you trusting of the demon child, but not of the Gerudo? Is it perhaps racism from the Goron, holding a grudge from what my ancestors have done?" She was of course, joking but regardless, she would follow and see how she could use the situation. 

"So boy, what's it like having a deity inside you? Sounds rather exciting. The Priestesses must be flocking to you, aren't they?" She directed towards Relerin, following her Goron acquaintance. 
  18. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Relerin bows again and says, "Thank you Mr. Darukara. I shall do my best to control Ba'al. Although I am sure that Ms. Harena is going to make that as hard as possible for me." Relerin shoots Harena another death glare. Relerin nods again when Darukara says that only he can fit in the carriage and that Relerin and Harena would have to walk. "That is fine with me Mr. Darukara. I am used to walking."

The group started to move when Harena said to Relerin, "So boy, what's it like having a deity inside you? Sounds rather exciting. The Priestesses must be flocking to you, aren't they?" Relerin rolls his eyes and says, "What having Ba'al is like is...wait deity?" Suddenly something clicks in Relerin's head and he stops walking standing in that one spot. "Deity. A person or thing revered as a god or goddess, usually a symbol of worship. Ms. Harena called Ba'al a deity. Implying that she..." Relerin's eye flashes as Ba'al begins talking again in his demonic voice. "...is a demon worshiper! Tell me winch one do you worship? Sedris? Griselbrand perhaps? Or maybe..."

Relerin cuts Ba'al off, his eye flashing again. Relerin speaks in his normal voice, but much darker and without and hint of sincerity. "You worship demons...just like THEM..." Relerin tightens his grip on his staff. "...THEY abducted me at only one year old..." Relerin's knuckles start turning white from the force that he is putting into squeezing his staff. "...THEY killed my parents..." The staff starts creaking rather loudly under the pressure being put on it. "...THEY tried to sacrifice me..." Relerin's staff starts bowing. "...THEY summoned Ba'al..." Relerin's voice starts getting louder. "...THEY are the reason I have Ba'al within me..." Relerin is almost yelling now. "...THEY are the reason for all my pain..." The staff breaks in half as Relerin does start yelling. "...THEY HAVE MADE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL! I'M AN OUTCAST FROM SOCIETY! EVERYONE WANTS ME DEAD BECAUSE OF THEM! THEN YOU, A DEMON WORSHIPING GERUDO BITCH, SAY THAT MY LIFE MUST BE EXCITING AS IF THIS IS A GOOD THING! YOU HAVE NO IDEA ALL THE SHIT I HAVE HAD TO GO THROUGH BECAUSE OF THEM...OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU! Relerin motions to draw his dagger when a incredible shot of pain erupts from his head. Relerin falls to the ground clutching his head tears of pain and rage streaming down his face as he mutters, "...pain...suffering...death...all...void...eternity...HELL..."
  19. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Darukara stood frozen in place out of shock. Then, a moment later, he snapped out of it and ran up to Relerin. Darukara crouched down next to him. "Are you okay?!" He asked, his voice panicked. Darukara hadn't exactly trusted either of them, though he trusted Relerin more than Harena, and to see anyone in such condition was alarming. Even if that someone was possessed by a demon.

"Relax" Darukara said in the most soothing voice he could. "It seems to me it was only a slip of the tongue. I don't think she meant anything wrong." He turned towards Harena and shot her an angry glare. "You don't worship demons. Right?" Darukara asked her, hoping she'd have the decency not to make things worse than they already were.
  20. Tsubori

Harena chuckled at Relerin’s little speech. “Careful boy, keep spouting nonsense like that and the guards will come to throw you in a mental house.” She walked around to the dodongo and poked it’s tail gently, feeling the one fleshy bit on the beasts. It turned towards her with an annoyed look, so she stopped and turned back to the slightly more interesting scene. “Alas, no. I’m not a demon worshipper. Slip of the tongue, as the much more sensible goron has said. You really need to control that temper.”

Inside, Harena was seething. She’d kill that boy later. Discreetly. He’d drawn a ton of attention to them, and while everyone was more focussing on the nutjob little kid, she was close enough in proximity to him that the eye may be drawn to such beauty as hers. “Now if you could scrape yourself off the floor, we should be going.”
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.