The Desert in the Bay [Great Bay Temple][Devil-Steel & CJ]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Chaos James, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Dungeon: Great Bay Temple

[​IMG]
    Players/Characters:
    • Devil-Steel - 50 Rupee Total
    • Chaos James - 45 Rupee Total

A pool of cool sea water sat calmly inside a large, ancient stone room. The water rested mere inches from the edge of the tiled floor that led further into the underwater structure. All seemed calm in the untouched room right before the surface of the water broke, as a gasping splash of red in the dark blue-green water marred the once relaxed facade. The splashing Gerudo swam to the edge of the pool, pulling herself ashore as she rolled onto her back and caught her breath. The tunnel had been longer then she had anticipated, the length of which she thought would of surely drowned her. As soon as her breathing had calmed, she sat up to survey her surroundings.

The room was otherwise empty, so she stood up and began to check over her minimal equipment. She had forgone her armor, due to the fact it would of drowned her thrice over by now, so she was only wearing her white underclothes. A lack of armor did not mean a lack of equipment though, as she had naturally brought all her weapons and her trusted shield. She went about checking each piece of her arsenal; unsheathing her sword, unbuckling her shield from her shoulders, taking off and checking her larger sword, and inspecting the water-resistant seal on her bow string. Strapping her shield back to it's proper place on her left arm, she figured that she was as prepared as she could be to delve deeper into the submerged stronghold.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  2. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

Oh how long had it been since Hanno had been able to relax and take a swim like this? He had been inland for far to long and was overjoyed to be able to relax underwater again. The further down he swam the cooler the water felt, and the more relaxed he became. In the distance Hanno would spot an underwater cave and decided to go through it in hopes of finding an underwater cavern to relax in away from the rest of the world. The tunnel had been a long one, but he had finally found its exit.

Slowly, and casually, Hanno would swim to the surface unaware that he wasn't in an underwater cavern but rather an underwater temple. As he broke the surface of the water he would spot a Gerudo going over her weapons, though Terentia wasn't where his focus would remain as he began to look around at the room he now found himself in. "Where am I?" While he was only musing to himself, as he remained in the pool of water looking around, the Gerudo was sure to have heard him. Why couldn't anything ever go the way he had wanted it to? All he wanted to was to relax in a nice peaceful underwater cave, and instead he ends up in some strange stone room.
  3. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Her equipment check was done, she was about to make her way towards the door that would take her deeper into the ancient structure when she clearly heard someone speak. It was unmistakable, someone else was there in the room, so she spun around, brandishing her blade at the newcomer. Quickly looking over the person in the water, she made out the fact he was a off-color Zora, but not much else about his intentions. Thinking back on the words she heard him say, as they had dully echoed in the entrance room, she realized he might not be a threat. Better safe than sorry though, the Gerudo remained vigilant.

"What brings you to this place?" she demanded of the fish-man as she kept her blade leveled at him. She wouldn't take the chance to be run through by some passerby. "You realize this place is dangerous, right?"
  4. Devil-Steel

While her blade would have certainly posed a threat to him had he left the pool of water, currently he was far enough away that she would need to join him in the water to actually attack him, and he was more than confident that he could out swim a Gerudo. "To be honest, when I swam through the tunnel I was hoping to find a cave I could relax in away from the rest of the world, but apparently my luck is just horrible." As if his run in with Wiki and a dragon hadn't already taught him that. Hanno would nervously smile at the woman, he really did have the worst luck.

The zora would remain calmly in the water as he pressed on with the conversation with the woman in front of him. "I would like to point out that there aren't many place in Hyrule that aren't dangerous." Slowly the zora would swim a little closer to the edge of the pool. "Though I will admit I am curious as to what this place is. You wouldn't happen to know would you?" While most people would be put off by someone pointing a weapon at them, it happened to Hanno often enough that he had mostly learned to ignore it. So long as they weren't close enough that a sudden attack would almost surely injure him at least.
  5. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Terentia kept her blade held firm as the Zora explained himself, and while her body did not relax, her mind was more at ease now. He was just some poor unfortunate soul that had stumbled upon this place, it seemed obvious that a fishman would just swim where he pleases. What was a struggle for her to reach was just a casual stroll in the desert for him. As he continued to explain himself and comment on her warning, she finally sheathed her sword and turned back towards the door. She kept a wary eye on the stranger, but at this point she wasn't too concerned about any assassination attempts from the Zora.

"This place, from what I gathered on it, is an ancient fortress of sorts," she explained casually the fishman. "I was told, in most parts, that it is home to monsters and machines. My interest is mostly in the machine work, perhaps some aquatic-based forge. After that, clearing out monsters for treasures or resources." She had heard rumors and stories from the locals, so that was why she had made her way here. It would all come down to if there was something actually valuable here worth learning or taking.

"As long as you do not cause trouble, you are welcome to come along. I'll share any gains fairly, rest assured."
  6. Devil-Steel

As Terentia explained what this strange place possibly was Hanno could help but whistle. If there was in fact some aquatic-based machines in this place then he felt that he had to investigate. If these were some sort of old Zora technology he wanted to learn more about the types of things his people once used, and if they weren't related to the Zora at all, maybe some of these machines could be useful in his home in the Eastern Sea, and if they were perhaps they would finally help Hanno gain the respect and acknowledgement he had sought after for so long. Slowly Hanno would swim to the edge of the pool now that the Gerudo had sheathed her weapon. As he pulled himself up he would respond to Terentia. "I don't care for fighting, even though I am trained to do so. My skills lay mainly in my healing magic. Though I think my more innate talents as a Zora might be the most useful things I have in a place such as this that is underwater." The Zora would finish speaking as he came up behind her. While they would certainly make a strange pair, it wasn't like they were a Moblin and Hylian working together.
  7. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    The Zora explained how he would fit in to their partnership, which Terentia was fine with. As long as he wasn't dead weight, she'd tolerate him tagging along. Approaching the door, she looked it over closely and found the handle relatively easily, for an ancient structure that is. Bracing her shield against the door, she yanked on the latch to open the door and turned to nod to her new companion. Pushing against her shield, the door swung open to reveal a larger hall, complete with running water and a ramp up the middle. She didn't see any foes at first glance, but she quickly noticed the final platform near the top of the ramp was missing. Stepping into the hall, she could better make out the deep pool of water underneath the ramp and platform, and could see the door at the other end of the room.

Being cautious, the Gerudo continued to advance with shield raised as she marched up the ramp and glanced over the edge. She could see the rest of the slope just below the water, and a track along the far wall. What she couldn't see, underneath the ramp, was a large pipe that was shooting water at the bottom of the ramp, though all it did under the water was create turbulence. Lastly, she could see the edge of a later on either side of the walkway near the door they entered.

"My best guess is something underwater can raise the platform, like a switch," she called out to the Zora as she shrugged. "If you can, go check. Otherwise, I will."