The Depths of Hahl Kharn(Rael, Jacob, Gizzard, Sylisa)

Discussion in 'Sandbox Role Plays' started by Chi, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

We begin with our Heroes blacked out in an unknown locations for unknown reasons. Whatever was going on before they blanked out we can not be sure. Our heroes begin to wake.

Fort Saves
    Rael: 14+0 = 14
    Jacob: 10 + 5 = 15
    Gizzard: 19 + 2 = 21
    Sylisa: 20 + 0 = 20

and so we begin our tale of wonder and mystery...

The first to rouse from a strange unnatural slumber is one smaller than the rest, a small gnome. Around him appear to be three or so sleeping bodies of various descriptions, all of them foreign and unrecognizable.

Above, sunbeams pass through trees to a small clearing in a verdant forest where he and these others lay. A soft breeze rustles the vibrant leaves, plucking a few as they glide to the green earth below. The trees themselves encompass the clearing perfectly, leaving no clear path from this small sanctuary. The occasional chirp of a small bird can be heard over the rustle of leaves. Rose and mint seem to be the only thing one can smell as they woke up and peered at the world around them and the strangers with them.

First one up is Gizzard, then Sylisa , Jacob and Finally Rael. please post and describe what your character looks like, and of course how they react to waking up in a strange new world with a bunch of strangers.
  2. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Gizzard opened his eyes, blinking at the unaccustomed sunlight. His short, wiry frame shudders at the sharp smell of mint, forcing open his bright green eyes beneath his light brown hair. Jumping to his feet and looking around, Gizzard is taken aback by the sudden appearance of strangers, and, for some reason, trees in his home/workshop.
    Oh, wait. He'd been moved while he was asleep, and by the look of it, someone packed his rucksack and money purse as well, placing them beside him as he slept. He glanced through his pack, then frowned. They hadn't packed any of his other clothes, leaving him with only the many-pocketed kilt and brightly-coloured poncho he had been wearing when he went to bed after the decadent alchemist's guild party the previous night.
    Seeing the lithe form of an unconscious catfolk, Gizzard looked around with an air of mischief, then pinched her nose, keeping his legs and kilt well clear.

(My apologies for the overlong-in-game-time beginning, but it serves to continue in order, and it's exactly what Gizzard would do.)
  3. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

(Sorry I took so long to post, I had midterms to write and study for)

The orange cat clumsily pawed at whatever was after her nose, slowly showing signs of consciousness among the other bodies. "Mhmmmmm..." she groaned in her waking moments, obviously wishing to just keep just in her current state. Over the next few moments though, the rolling and re-positioning failed to bring any more comfort than her previous ones. Finally she gave in and stretched up, yawning so wide it was likely the largest the gnome had ever seen (and not just because, like, he'd only ever seen gnomes yawn) baring her teeth to the woods around her. Finally, the cat opened her eyes and took in the area around her, largely ignoring the gnome and unconscious bodies around her.

"This isn't the Pub."
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  4. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob begins to stir slowly opening his shining blue eyes. "(Ow my aching...)" He complains in Celestial as he puts one of his hands to his forehead. Running his hand over his face and through his platinum blonde hair he sits up a bit. He sees a gnome and a strange cat person already up and another person still out cold.

Cracking his neck the soldier stands up his full 6 foot height. Jacob yawns a bit and stretches and flexes his considerable muscle under his armor. "Now uh...who are youns?" He looks curiously at the other two people as he checks his sword and grabs his shield.
  5. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

The sylph smiled at the pleasant warmth he felt all over his face. The smell wasn't too bad either, usually tavern rooms smelled of stale beer, sweat and some other smells best left unknown. The whole thing seemed too good to be true for a simple tavern...

Which it was, Rael discovered as he opened his eyes to tall trees and bright sunlight. This was definitely not the tavern room he had fallen asleep in. He quickly grabbed behind his head, letting out a sigh of relief when he pulled his hair in front of his face. Still brown, still wavy, and still loosely bound together at the end, at least that was still the same as last night. Then he felt his face with his pale hands, covered in faint blue swirls. The sharp features of his face still felt familiar too to his relief.

Then he noticed there were others with him.

"Oh. ...I guess it was a wild party last night?"
  6. Chi

As the collection of oddities slowly come to the realization that they're nowhere near where they were, whatever they were doing before, none of them exactly sure why, the trees to the east begin to shake more wildly, no indication given by the wind at all.

The rapidly shaking trees soon curled back and away from the clearing, the tree's roots shifting away and revealing a path onwards. The chirps of birds and the rustle of leaves fall silent, and the world around them was completely still, save for a few small leaves falling to the ground.

The smell of mint and rose soon fades away as they watch this begin, and the party was soon left with an unearthly still, quiet and scentless world.
  7. Razgriz

Sylisa turned quizzically to the armored man, "Ya-Yu-Yawns? I Yawned" she answers, unsure what exactly he asked. Though she was about to pursue that particular nuance further, the forest suddenly quieted as a path opened. Suddenly she cared little for the conversation with the celestial being as to her, the path represented something much more exciting: an adventure or an escape; and in truth, she cared little which it was.

Mere moments after opening, the cat had grabbed her gear from the ground and began running down the mysterious trail. Stopping only for a moment to yell back:

"Come on, hurry, hurry! Let's see where it goes!"
  8. Squishy

The catfolk lady certainly didn't seem to be willing to waste any second, Rael mused to himself as he watched her take off into the forest.

He took a moment to gather his gear that had been scattered around him, packing it together and hoisting it onto his back, before turning to the other two that were still in the clearing. Seeing as he had little other choice than to just go along with whatever would happen, he'd simply have to make the best of it.

"Are you two gents coming?" He asked with a pleasant smile.
  9. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Gizzard gnomehandled his pack onto his back, feeling relieved that it wasnt overstuffed. then started walking forwards after the cat, replying to the sylph after a few steps forwards.
    "Well, there's no point in staying, is there? Why not move forwards?"
    A grin spread across his face as he started walking.
  10. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Yawnin'? I didn't...okay then." Jacob raises an eyebrow as the catfolk runs off. Without saying much else he lays down his shield, sheaths his sword and checks his pack. Making sure everything is in order the soldier retrieves his shield again and follows the others. "So uh...name's Jacob. May I ask all o' yers?" Jacob looks around getting as good a look as he can from his new 'companions'.
  11. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Gizzard's smile twisted into a frown as he turned back to face Jacob.
    "My first name is off-limits, but I am the Alchemist Gearkrank. I am willing to be referred to as almost any variation or corruption of that."
    Gizzard turned back to the path and continued walking, his previously smiling face now locked in a scowl.
  12. Razgriz

"Names? I'm Sylisa! But you can just call me Syl, nya?" she yelled back, attempting to join the conversation from a good hundred feet away. "Nah, I'm just messing with you guys, I don't REEEEEALLY talk like that. Mostly" She joked.

While there was a smile across her face, her leg was moving up and down so rapidly that it looked more like a controlled spasm than an impatient tapping. "Now come on everyone, there's adventure to be had!"
  13. Squishy

"Hmm...? Name's Rael. It's a pleasure." The sylph said with a languid smile, unfazed by the gnome's sudden change in demeanor. He simply followed the smaller being onto the path, heading towards Sylisa.

"Adventure, huh?"
  14. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob continues walking. "I mean't no offense Mr. Gearkrank. Just tryin' ta get ta know everyone a bit." Jacob looks to the catfolk. "Pleasure ta meet ya Ms. Sylisa an' Mr. Rael." Digging around in his pack Jacob fishes out a map. "I don't suppose anyone knows where we are er why?"
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  15. Squishy

"I wish I knew, dear mister Jacob." Rael mused. He had taken his harp off his backpack and was now absent-mindedly plucking its strings. Where they were was a good question, but how they got there was the real question. The sylph had done some odd things before after consuming too much alcohol, but never before had he wandered into the midst of an unknown forest, and definitely not in the company of three total strangers.

"Though you have to admit, all this sounds like it came straight out of a story. Hmm... It could sure serve as the basis for one..." He muttered, striking a high note on the harp.
  16. Chi

As soon as Rael strikes the harp's cord, a sudden, sharp burning pain sears into the flesh of each person on the trail dropping, whatever they were holding as their bodies jerked in response to the pain, though that spot be different on each person. Jacob's hands went for his swordhand's forearm, Gizzard his shoulder, Syl her cheek, and Rael his upper thigh. On each spot, a small glowing symbol appeared, even if it was not immediately visible.

Not even 5 seconds later the pain subsides a little, before jolting towards Jacob's and Gizzard's elbow, down Syl's neck to around her breast, and to Rael's knee, living a lingering pain a whole line on each one. The pain changes from a burn to as if things were being carved directly into their fleshed, before finally subsiding. From the symbol appeared 10 small runes appeared, that with examination would be the same set of runes on each character, with 9 of the runes repeated and the 3rd from last rune being different.

The only one whom had visible symbol at first sight would be Syl, who now bears a stylized light blue glowing eye on her left cheek, with the runes glowing a light red as they traveled downwards.

If or when your character examines the symbol they'll find stylized versions of a Sword (Jacob), Flask (Gizzard) and a book with a music note (Rael)
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  17. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob drops his shield yelling in pain. He throws off his pack and begins to remove his armor yelling and cussing in common and Celestial the entire time. Tearing and clawing at his armor he wants it off as soon as possible. Removing his gauntlet Jacob begins to see a sword in his arm. "What tha hell is this?!"
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  18. Razgriz

The shock of fiery pain coursed through Syl as she dropped her pack and began to rub and finally claw at her face as the pain only spread from her motions. Within a few moments the pain spread like a poison down her neck and into her chest.

Finally the pain began to subside "Owwie" she moaned, at last having enough control to talk freely. Noticing the glowing blue runes on her cheek she strained her eyes to see the new deformity.

"And I don't even get to see it"
  19. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Seizing up, pain wracking his left arm, Gizzard ducked his head underneath his poncho, the runes on his shoulder flickering before his eyes before catching on a stylised flask among them, looking not too dissimilar to those he used each day in his profession.
    "Hm. That's a little odd... Also, OW!"
    Gizzard mused to himself, temporarily distracted from the piercing pain that throbbed through his arm as he finished his statement.
  20. Squishy

Rael yelped in surprise at the sudden pain in his thigh, which quickly travelled down his leg to his knee. He was breathing through his teeth, hands clasped around his thigh. It had felt as if someone had pressed a branding iron onto his skin.

And then he saw the marks appear on the others.

The sylph looked from his companion's marks to his own thigh, and let out a flat 'Oh'. He pursed his lips, looking from his companions to his thigh and back again.

'A quick look wouldn't hurt...' He thought to himself.

He whirled around with his back to the others, his cloak blocking the view to most of his body. Rael quickly pulled one side of his breeches a little lower, searching for a mark like the others had. It had appeared on the side of his upper thigh, in the shape of a book with a music note, with a string of runes running down the rest of his leg to his knee. Even though it stood out from the faint blue swirls on his skin, he thought the design was rather tasteful, even if the place was a little unfortunate. He just had to hope he wouldn't have to show it too often.