The Depths of Hahl Kharn(Rael, Jacob, Gizzard, Sylisa)

Discussion in 'Sandbox Role Plays' started by Chi, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

The incidental group find upon the end of the path a large roughly circular clearing about 60 wide with a large still pool of water around 20 feet in diameter on the other side, reflecting the sky above perfectly. The world is still bizarrely silent, but looking up, none sees nothing unusual about the air beyond the still.

On either side of the pool of water are two arches that seem too perfect to naturally have been shaped by the growth of trees over each other.
  2. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Being unable to see her own mark, Sylisa became increasing curious of the others' marks and soon moved to see them more clearly; a sword for Jacob, a flask for 'Krank, and a... actually, Rael was turned away from them, looking his own mark. Swift as she could, Syl ran over and dove in front of the sylph asking "What is it?! What's it like?! Ohhh, a musical book, does that mean you can do music?"

Before he could answer she noted "Wait a minute, those thingys after it look like the thingys on everyone else."
  3. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Rael stood there, looking slightly helpless when Sylisa gawked at the mark on his thigh. So much for his attempt at privacy.

"As lovely as you are, I think it's a little early for you to be on your knees staring at me with my breeches down... Not to mention there are others around." He murmered, quickly pulling his clothes back in place, smiling as if nothing had ever happened.

"But you're right, the runes seem similar on the others. I wonder what they could mean...?"
  4. Razgriz

Unaware of the implications of Rael's commentary, Syl was more confused than ever; mostly about the runes to be sure but also as to what he meant.

Remembering the pool, the catgirl had an idea and raced over to it, staring deeply into it in an attempt to see her symbol, in it's eerie blue glow.
  5. Chi

Initative!

???? 1 :20 +3 23
    ???? 2: 15+318
    Sylisa :14+3 17
    Rael: 11 +4 =15
    Gizzard : 11+4=15
    Jacob: 13+2 =15

Target: 12 Roll: 10 Result: Miss

As Sylisa hovers her head over the pool, staring at the reflection of the symbol and runes. Within moments, two snake-like with arms and claws, no larger than toy poodles. Their serpentine bodies are lined with black armor-like scales, and their faces are reminiscent of dragons. The first one leaps right up next to Sylisa, before snapping towards her shoulder, but the monster's fangs uselessly bite her armor.

Target: 12 Roll 20 Result: Hit
    Damage: 2

The second one shortly follows their ally, before slamming their fangs down on a soft spot in Syl's bracer, puncturing the feline's skin.

Syl: Fortitude save: Target: ??? Roll: 13 Result: Sucess

The young woman could feel something ooze from the bite would that didn't feel like her blood, and it felt a little tingly, both otherwise she felt okay.
  6. Razgriz

Surprised at this new development, Syl lunges back, draws both her weapons and attacks the one that caused her harm.

(So, 5 foot step away, draw weapons as a move action and then attack with katana; cause I can't get both my attacks into a standard action.)

Roll for attack: 18+2=20 success
    Confirm crit.: 3+2= 5 failure
    Damage: 4+2= 6 hp

While the attack skimmed the beast's throat, a rogue scale diverted the blade to elsewhere on it's body, causing far less damage.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  7. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Gizzard runs into throwing range, whips out the materials for, prepares, and lobs a bomb at the monster furthest from Syl, shouting, "BOMB'S AWAY" accompanied with a gleeful cackle.

Roll for attack: 9+4 = Failure, I assume? But I don't know what happens now.
    Wow, that actually succeeded.
    Anyway, DAMAMGE:
    ...1+4 = 5.
    DESE ROLLS.

The bomb flies listlessly through the air, making contact on the scales of the beast, a small explosion blasting those nearby.
    "Feh. That was NOT impressive. That was not fun."
    Gizzard scrunches up his face.
    "THAT WAS NOT A BOOM!"
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  8. Razgriz

Syl glances to the side just as the bomb lands in the wet dirt with a resounding "plop!" Seeing the fuse begin to enter the body of the weapon, the cat-girl throws herself away from the bomb, only suffering mild shrapnel wounds.

Roll: 15+5=20
    Target: 15
    Result: Success

Damage = 5/2=2.5, rounded up = 3
  9. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

OOC (open)
    I have no idea how exactly this works, so let me know what I should change and if I should roll for anything :tpr:

Rael jumped back, startled by the sudden appearance of the creatures, but even more startled when the Gnome threw a bomb at them. Or rather, attempted to throw one.

'I'd better stay to the back, lest I get in the way...'

He stepped to the back of the group, from where he could aid them better. Fighting on the front lines, as exhilirating as it was, wasn't his strongest suit.

Rael took out his harp, starting a song.

(So I guess that's a 5 foot step back, plus he's starting inspire courage.)
  10. Chi

((Sorry about letting this die from my own ineptitude from Christmas holiday, from now on, there will be 2 separate threads, and I might try to recruit a second GM. But for now this thread is dead, incomplete. With the new threads we will have a novice thread that might be a bit slower paced for those who are new to the system and rules and a thread for more experienced players who understand the rules. Novices please do not refrain from asking questions of anyone who'll end up being in the experienced player thread.))