Temple of Time (TP) - Tsu and Squish - FINISHED

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Squishy, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

"Are you really that dumb? First you insult me and then you expect me to compliment you? I can only hope you're joking and not acutally that stupid..." Idris said, raising an eyebrow at the archaeologist above him. "Your knowledge on ruins might be more than mine, but I sincerely doubt your intelligence. Also, you're not pretty. I've seen better." If she was going to do this the hard way, so was he.

"Don't worry, I can fix this by myself."

He walked over to the spider pit, shuddering inwardly at the horde of tiny creatures running around. But he had to do this, he was not going to give in to that little pest of an archaeologist.
    Luckily, the statue wasn't far from the stairs of the pit. The main problem was getting the spider away. While they didn't pose a very big danger, they probably had a nasty and painful bite.

Idris walked over to the set of stairs forming the entry of the pit, and carefully stood on the last step, just out of reach of the spiders, waiting for one to come close. When one did, he set it on fire with a spark spell, and it started to run around, lighting others on fire and chasing those not on fire away from it. Idris stepped into the pit, a small flame still burning in his hand to ward off any spiders that still had the courage to come close.

He retrieved the statues, and managed to get it back on the switch without losing any limbs, much to his relief, and got to the same level as Terra.

"See? I don't need you."
  2. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Terra frowned when Idris went through the spiders for the statue. B'awww... Ruining her fun. And when he told her he'd seen better? Not amusing. She blushed angrily, starting to walk towards the next room. "You may have seen better, but you sure as hell couldn't get it. At least unless you get daddy to buy you the slut. That low size fee is costing you quite a bit extra, isn't it?" 

Upon getting into the next room, Terra saw two Armos Statues in the middle, so she swung her dominion rod at one, possessing it and having it hop behind the other Armos, smashing it's back. This made the other activate and start retaliating, trying to hit it's former teammate. After a few seconds of rockem sockem statues, Terra used her statue as a distraction, dashing behind the other Armos and smashing it's core with her pick. 

The thing went berserk for a few seconds, Terra having her statue stand right in it's path to destroy both with the explosion. "Now that, desecrator, is how you use intellect in a fight, not just done flashy spell that does all the work for you.."
  3. Squishy

Idris ignored all the taunts, simply glaring at Terra.

"I am not interested in any physical relationship whatsoever, whereas you on the other hand, seem to be quite frustrated with the issue."

He stayed out of the way while Terra disposed of the statues. One hit of those things and he'd have to be sent back home in a box labelled "Assembly Required". He knew better than to get in their way, he was lucky the archaeologist was so reckless. The comment about his magic irked him a little though.

"Says you, using statues to do your work. My spells are the result of studying ever since I could read. I can hardly see you do the same. Now, shall we continue?"
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  4. Tsubori

Terra turned around with a chuckle. "Yeah right, as if I'm the one frustrated on the issue. I'm waiting for Mr. Right, and that ain't you." She was about to continue into the next room, but stopped. "And you know the difference between my fight and yours? I use my magic in combination with strategy and logic while you just do some 'Blast' that just does it all for you. Magic ability is wasted on someone like you, without the brain power to use it creatively."

She walked into the next room, but what she saw froze her in her tracks. The room was ornate and full of beautiful mosaic, but for once, that wasn't what had her attention. A darknut stood in the center of the room, facing away from the two explorers. 

She hesitated for a moment, then turned towards Idris. "....A darknut... Idris... Anything that happened before is passed... If we don't work together here, we're fucking DEAD." she could tell the darknut knew they were there, just that it was waiting for their cue to begin the duel.
  5. Squishy

Idris snorted at Terra's remark. 

"I'm glad I'm not your Mr. Right, else I'd have to disappoint you. I am not interested in anyone whatsoever. And especially not you."

He ignored her taunt about his fighting style, two monsters storming at you didn't really require any complex tactics. It rather seemed the magic power was wasted on the woman, seeing she only loved to brag about it and belittle Idris with it. 
    But he'd get back on that later. 

First they had to deal with the darknut. Idris had nearly bumped into Terra when she suddenly stopped, staring at something in front of them. He raised his eyebrow in a questioning manner when he heard her request.

"Oh, so now we're faced with a monster of massive destruction, I'm suddenly good enough for you? Do you really expect me to put your constant stream of insults and abuse behind me simply because, oh boo hoo, there's a big scary monster in our way? Forget it. You said my magic was wasted on me, which means you can solve this by yourself perfectly fine." Idris knew it was madness to let her face the Darknut alone, but his pride got the better of him, as did his anger with her.

"Just try not to get ripped into too man-" But he didn't get to finish his sentence as the Darknut had suddenly slammed his sword between the two, missing them by a hair's width.
  6. Tsubori

Terra jumped back when the sword slashed between them. She turned and saw that the door had been blocked behind them. "Look at it this way, if I get shredded, you're following suit soon after." 

She whipped out her pick, slashing at it's arm. When it bounced off, Terra just rolled back in time to dodge a horizontal swing. "We need a fucking strategy! My pick isn't doing shit!"
  7. Squishy

"Is it really?" Idris asked, raising an eyebrow. " Compared to that sword of his your pick is simply a twig!" He yelled, jumping out of the way of another swing of the darknut's sword.

"What the hell do you suggest we do?! I don't even carry weapons!" Another swing, this time Idris was too late to step out its way and it left a huge gash in his arm. He winced, clutching the bleeding arm and trying to stumble backwards from the darknut. Then he got an idea.

"I think I have an idea!" He headed over to Terra, distracting the Darknut with an ice-spell to the face. "Look, if you can keep it busy for a moment, I could try to stun him with a thunder-spell, and then we could try hitting it at the same time. That must do at least some damage." Meanwhile, the darknut had freed his face out of the ice and whipped around, trying to locate his targets.

"Oh, one last thing. Could I borrow that mace-like wand you had earlier? I'll need something to hit him with, seeing I don't have any weapons."
  8. Tsubori

Terra shook her head when Idris requested her dominion rod as a weapon. "Nuh uh! My dominion rod is fragile! I'm not letting you break it using it as a whacking stick! Hold on..." Terra dug into her compaction pouch, pulling out one of the metal rods she used to keep her tent up, then throwing it quickly at Idris, probably harder than she should have.

Just in time too, as the darknut had charged at the archeologist, dropping his shoulder into her. Terra could have sworn she felt a slight crack as the air exploded from her lungs. She flew back a couple meters, rolling to a halt, gasping for air. 
  9. Squishy

Idris gripped the rod tightly in his hands, making a few swings with it to try it out and ran out of the way when the darknut crashed into Terra.

"Hold on! Just keep him busy for a few seconds!" Idris shouted, taking a few steps back so he was well away from the monster. He tucked the rod in his belt, set his feet apart and held his hands out, concentrating on the spell.
    If only Terra could keep the creature busy for long enough...

The few seconds needed for the spell seemed like hours, finally Idris' hands began glowing and releasing small sparks. Right before he released the spell the darknut had tossed Terra aside and came right at Idris.

"Take this!" The darknut got the full hit by the thunder, rendering him stunned. Immediately Idris gripped the rod from his belt, standing ready to strike.

"This might be the only chance we've got!" He shouted at Terra. "We'll attack on the count of three! One... Two... THREE!" And he ran forward, straight at the darknut, ready to attack.
  10. Tsubori

Terra got up, still woozy from the tackle, but upon hearing the crackle of electricity, she dashed anyway toward it. It had been looking at Idris because he'd attacked it, so she saw the lacing along it's back holding up its chest armor.

She dragged her pick along it, ripping through and making the chest plate fall off. It was about to regain it's senses, so she hooked her pick into the back of it's helmet, pulling it down and exposing it's chest better. "Go! You've got a clear sho-" She was cut off by it stabbing a dagger into her thigh. That still did mean that Idris had his chance though.
  11. Squishy

Idris dashed forward and stabbed the Darknut in the chest with the rod, followed by a hard strike to the head. The Darknut staggered backwards, dazed from the blow, giving Idris another chance to strike with a thunder spell.

He ignored Terra for the moment, the Darknut was busy to regain its senses and this was very likely Idris' only chance to strike. He charged up the spell, and shouted to get the Darknut's attention.

"Hey you! EAT THIS!" The thunder hit the Darknut square in the chest, sending him crashing into- no, through the wall, where he lay still. Very still.

"Ow! Heck!" Suddenly a sharp pain shot through Idris' hands, and he tucked them under his arms after briefly inspecting them. Small blisters, burns and scrapes had begun forming on his hands from using the thunder spell so much. In the future, he'd better be careful with using it.

He walked over to Terra, who had gotten quite a nasty wound from the Darknut. "You alright?" He asked. "That wounds looks pretty bad... I'd offer you a hand to help you up, but I think my hands can't take that at the moment..." He showed her his burnt and scraped hands. "Victory comes at a price."
  12. Tsubori

Terra stood up shakingly, at first almost ignoring Idris. "T-the wall!" She ran over to it, feeling the roughness of the shattered material. It... May have been necessary though... As much as she hated to admit it. 

She then realized just how much her leg hurt, and upon looking at it, saw the bloody mess the stab had left. "Huh? O-oh... Yeah, I'm fine..." She tried to stand back up, but her leg needed a second to rest before she could strain it at all.

With a sigh of slight pain, Terra looked down. "Just... Give me a second. Try to find a way out..." She then took some bandages from her compaction pouch to try to cover the wound.
  13. Squishy

"That was necessary. There was no other way we could've killed it." Truth be told, Idris still wasn't sure whether the Darknut had been killed or not. He eyed the body suspiciously as he came closer to the wall, refusing to turn his back to it, should it suddenly rise and attack him.

The room beyond the wall was a small one, housing nothing, save for a statue of a figure wielding a hammer, a small flight of steps and some sort of altar. A large piece of debris from the wall had fallen on top of the altar and cracked the slab on top of it, revealing what was inside. Idris sauntered over to it, moving some rock away with his foot, not quite daring to pick up something heavy with his hands yet. Then, he could make out something shiny. He shoved the last piece of rock aside with his elbow, and picked the shiny object up. It was a metal rod or wand of some sorts.

'...What's this?'

He dusted it off, rubbing it with his sleeve and inspected it. It seemed to be in good condition, although it could do with some polishing. Could this be the treasure he had read about?

Idris had been too busy inspecting and waving around the rod to see the Darknut rising behind him and getting ready to strike. Just as the Darknut raised his sword, ready for a fatal blow to Idris' head, the Hylian whipped the rod around, connecting with the statue in the corner, which came to life.

And slammed its hammer straight on the Darknut, flattening it with a horrible crushing sound.
  14. Tsubori

Terra saw the dominion rod Idris held, then turned back around, stepping over the darknut to go study the room they’d just fought in. It was an extravagant place, and now with the Darknut dead, the doors should open. But… they hadn’t? That was… “Oh shit. Desecrator, look ou- Huh. Looks like you’re good. Just try not to wreck the room any more than you already have.”

She inspected the murals on the walls, seeing the grand tales laid out on them in amazing beauty. She didn’t really know how long she was staring at the walls, but eventually one etching stod out to her. It was in old hylian, but Luckily she’d been taught that.

[​IMG]

After a few seconds of trembling hands, a finger stroked along the etching and a tear went down her face. “Terra keep looking…. D-dad… What the fuck trail am I on?”
  15. Squishy

“I told you to stop calling me that.” Idris replied with a sneer. He really had to come up with some witty nickname for the woman soon. Now the rampaging monster was out of the way, maybe he could put his mind to it to find some equally stupid nickname for her.

“What? If I hadn’t wrecked the room, like you say, we would be dead. You could show
    some gratitude for me saving us.”

He watched Terra walk over to the wall and inspect the engravings, when he noticed she went very quiet. Idris watched her intently, trying to judge her reaction when it struck him. He rolled his eyes, not sure how to react.

“Oh god, you’re not crying are you?”
  16. Tsubori

Terra turned around, emarrassed and furious. She lashed out with a fist, just barely missing his chest. "Shut up! My father went missing years ago, and this is the first trace of him I've found! Before you go running your mouth think about what could be happening!" She breated harshly, her chest heaving in anger.

Her fingers brushed over her dad's message, and this calmed her down slightly. "Terra keep looking... Looking where? Here?" She thought out loud, starting to look in some of the vases. She was obviously distressed now, given how close she was to finding something. Years, she'd been on his trail...
  17. Squishy

“I… I didn’t know.” Idris hesitated, not sure what to do or what to say. Somewhere in his mind a little voice told him he should say he was sorry, but another voice told him he should ignore it, why should he be nice to the woman, seeing how she was to him?

He huffed, shrugged and walked over to Terra. He brushed his fingers over the murals, trying to decipher the words. He had been learned the basics of ancient Hylian long ago, when he had been tutored by that senile old man, but most the knowledge had sunk to the back of his mind over the years.

“Well, we can say for sure he’s been in here. But… well, I don’t like to mention it, but I don’t think he’d have survived in here. Why don’t you study the murals for some more clues, and I’ll try to find a way out of here. Perhaps your father has already found his way out and is somewhere in the deeper parts of the temple.”

He walked around the room, scanning it for any form of mechanism that could possibly open the door.
  18. Tsubori

Terra scoffed. “No way. My dad was such a powerful mage, he could have annihilated anything in this place.” She was starting to calm down, and looked at the murals. They were all about the hero of time... Going places... There was a massive stone tablet, a map of Hyrule. She looked closely. There was a circle around a part of the lost woods...

She immediately sat down, pulling out at least forty pages and sorting through them until finding a large map of the lost woods. She studied it, comparing it to the picture. “......Gnarled Root dungeon?” She scribbled a note in her book, circling the dungeon on her map. “Desecrator, how’s that way out looking?”
  19. Squishy

Idris had been walking around the room, trying to find a way out, when he suddenly noticed one of the statues in the sideroom. It was standing less close to the wall, as if something had moved it.
    He looked over his dominion rod, then back at the statue.

“I’d say…” He started, swinging the rod at the statue and seeing it come to life, following his every move. He took a few steps backwards, making the statue walk into the room, and walked it over to the door. Then he swung his arm back, watching as the statue brought its arm back, and made a swinging motion with the rod, as if striking something with a hammer. The statue followed suit, and with a loud, crumbling sound its arm crashed into the door, effectively making a way out.

“It’s looking pretty good.” Idris said with a smirk. “I’ve made us a way out.”

He stepped over the remains of the door.

“So what’s this Gnarled Root dungeon? Is it close to here?”
  20. Tsubori

Terra was still looking at the map, but then found herself looking along the floor. She heard the thumping, then looked up and saw Idris using the big statue. “Oh, perfect. That’s probably a part of the puzzle.” She then saw a large part of the floor that looked like it’d fit the statue. “Hey desecrator, it looks like we have t-" She then heard the door go down.

The archaeologist jolted up, running over to him. “Seriously?! SERIOUSLY?! I FOUND the way to get out! You didn’t have to go all “Herp-a-derp dungeon bypass this room cuz my brain hurts”! You see, THIS is why I call you the desecrator.” She let out a sigh of annoyance, taking her pick and putting it around behind his head to pull him as she walked.

“Gnarled root dungeon? No… Not really. It’s in the lost woods, so it’s a few days trip east. Now come on, I found what I needed.”