Temple of Time (TP) - Tsu and Squish - FINISHED

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Squishy, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

The cast:
    Terralyn Jiana (+40 Rupees)
    Idris Johansson (+10 Rupees, + Dominion rod)

EDIT: Since Tsu dropped out right before the boss battle, I'm finishing this thread on my own (hence why Terra's sudden disappearance is a bit of an ass-pull).

---

It was a fine day to be among the lush foliage of the forest. The sun shone brightly, giving it an almost magical glow. You could say Idris was enjoying his walk through the forest. At least for now.

He stopped for a break near a small creek, dropping his belongings on the ground and walking towards the water to refill his waterskin. Just as he bend over the water, splashing some in his face to refresh himslef, he heard something behind his back. It sounded like someone was giggling and rummaging through something... Said something being Idris' bags.
    He whipped around, just in time to see a small child run off with his most prized possession, his golden harp.

"H-hey! Come back!" Snatching his bags from the ground, he ran after the child into the deeper parts of the woods.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  2. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Terra was looking around the ruined temple in awe. It was beautiful… The view of time wearing away at something great… It reminded her of how destructive time could be. She was in her archeology outfit, and slowly stepped around, seeing many a sight on the blocks of the triforce. She looked around, her adrenaline rushing, as such was her usual reaction in a place like this. Spotting a staircase on the right, she walked up the stairs, her heart dropping when she saw it. A pedestal… it was so amazing! She jogged closer, reaching into her pack. This was the Temple of time so this must be…

Her train of thought vanished when she saw the inscriptions in the front of the pedestal. It was written in old Hylian, and she could translate it later, but just didn’t have her translation notes with her. She brought out a piece of parchment and a chuck of coal, making a coal rubbing of the front of the pedestal. She knew just from looking around tha this place would house many more secrets…
  3. Squishy

"Wait up!" Idris shouted at the child running ahead of him. He had tried firing spells, but they all seemed to miss or just pass through the child. He started to doubt wether it even was a child and not a trick of the forest to lure him into a trap.

The trees grew less closer to each other in this part of the forest, it seemed he was approaching a clearing. Suddenly the child stopped in front of what looked like an overgrown gate, and dropped the harp and disappeared with a sinister giggle.

Idris picked up the harp, checking it for any damage. Then he noticed what lay beyond the gate. Behind it was a vast ruin of what looked like some sort of church. For a moment he could only stare in awe at the massive stone structure, before he noticed something felt...off. Idris couldn't quite put his finger on it, but there was more to this place than just overgrown rocks and plants.

He slowly made his way through the gate, stepping into what was once the hall of the building, looking around at the broken windows and fading carvings on the walls.
  4. Tsubori

Terra was fully at peace within this place, taking many rubbings of the walls, all for analysis later. Suddenly she was snapped out of her thoughts by the sound of footsteps. She pulled out her excavation pick, turning around and taking cover behind a wall. When she peered out, she saw the source of the sound. A man was standing there, some prissy looking guy too... At this point not really caring whether he saw her or not, she came out, storming over to him. 

"Oi! Take another step and I'll take your eyes and balls with this pickaxe!" She glared at him angrily, holding up the pickaxe, only about a foot away from him now. "Do you have any idea where you are?! This is the Temple of Time! If you'd broken a single artifact or smeared a single wall with your grubby fingers, I'd have beat you so bad, you'd think you went seven years in the future!" She seethed angrily a the man for his trespassing and carelessness, not really giving him much chance to explain himself.
  5. Squishy

"My hands aren't grubby. I expect yours to be, seeing as you have been digging around in all this dirt." Idris said indignantly, staring at the raging woman in front of him. Was she a madman?

"I was led here by some imp. He stole my belongings, I chased after him and he decided to drop them here. No big deal." He wasn't sure what to do. It was way too early in the morning to fight, but the pickaxe in the woman's hand didn't make him feel exactly comfortable. Then something struck him. The woman had been talking about this place being a 'Temple of Time'. Could that have something to do with the strange feel this place had? Now he had wandered further into the ruins, he knew it was magic that he felt. Strong magic.

"Say, you don't happen to know anything about this...'Temple of Time', do you?"
  6. Tsubori

Terra looked at Idris incredulously. “Anything ab-…. Anything about the Temple of Time?! Was that a shot at my studies or something?! Well, how’s this for “Knowing anything”? It was first built by the royal family to protect the Master Sword, which even a simpleton like you should know. Laying behind the door of time, it was safe there until the Hero of Time took it to slay a beast not too different from Ganon. It was then placed back into the pedestal over there to rest until people would need it again.”

Her shoulders relaxed a bit and she threw the pick over her shoulder casually. “By the time it was indeed needed again, the place had fallen into the state it’s in now. I don’t expect it to be here though, as another hero took the sword and from what I can tell, didn’t put it back. Unfortunate… what I wouldn’t give for ten minutes with that thing…”

She stared off into space for a moment until she remembered Idris was there. “Right… Anyhoo, that’s where it leaves us today. Apparently the Hero used the door of time to get through his quest here. In other words… Don’t touch a damn thing. This is all one big historical artifact, and the pick threat still stands. Even though I just explained it, I don’t expect a pampered monkey like you to truly grasp the awe you should be in right now. If you really want to follow, whatever. I just don’t think after all this time there’ll be creatures.”
  7. Squishy

Right. That was a very compact and probably almost complete history of this place. Idris could vaguely remind having read something about it when he was younger, but it wasn't memorable enough to stay in his head. Spells were a lot more interesting. Unless...

Suddenly a thought struck him. Wasn't this temple supposed to house some great artifact? Not something like the sword he heard the woman talk about, but something magical. A rod. He just couldn't remeber what it was for or what it did. Maybe sticking around the pickaxe-wielding woman, although he did feel inscreasingly unsafe with her and that thing around, wouldn't be such a bad idea. He could always zap her and walk away if she proved to be too difficult to handle.

"Well, please don't mind me while you're on your... very scientific business. I'll just sit over here, keeping my 'grubby hands' from your precious ruin." He patted the door which he wanted to sit down next to.

And that's when he discovered the source of the magic in this place. As soon as his hand touched the door, a sharp pain shot through his hand, as if he was being zapped with his own thunder spell. Cursing, he kicked the door, which to his surprise opened just a crack. But what he saw through said crack wasn't the ruin on the other side of the door...

"Um, hey, you. You might want to see this?"
  8. Tsubori

When Idris sat down, she first shot him a glare to see if he was sitting on anything important. "Thank you for being compliant." She said, starting to investigate the symbols on another wall while muttering to herself rabidly. 

When Idris said she needed to see something, she took more note in that he said "You" than any potential discovery he'd made. She hated when people said You. "Yew is a coniferous tree with red berries, most parts of which are poisonous. It has a long life and is used to make cabins and longbows. Not naming people. It's Terra." She then walked over and saw that the door was cracked open. "Wh-what?" she said, opening it further ad walking inside. 

It was shocking. Everything was back. Nothing was ruined. She walked on shaking legs with breathless lungs. Feeling the railings in front of her carefully and curiously. Not a speck of dust. It's as if they'd... Gone back in time. "Hey Desecrator. In here. Can you fight?"
  9. Squishy

Idris was already inside, walking past Terra.

"If I fight? You bet. By the way, the name's Idris."

He ran his hand over the railing of the stairs, a slight shiver creeping down his spine at the feeling of the smooth, cold marble under his hand. Yes, if that artifact was real, it would be here for sure. And if he had to fight for it, so be it, he was ready for battle, the past few weeks had been too peaceful and he was getting bored.

"So, you coming, Terra?" He asked, emphasizing her name, in case she would come up with one of those 'witty' replies. He didn't like it when people reacted in such a snarky way to him.

Idris paused at the bottom of the stairs, looking up at the archaeologist still standing at the top, waiting for her to come down into the hallway.
  10. Tsubori

Terra reacted very slowly to Idris's words. She was too busy marveling at the impossibility she was viewing. Ruins didn't suddenly spring back to their former glory... This whole situation was just... Magical. 

It was a full forty five seconds before she even responded, walking incredibly slowly down the stairs. She then knew... She wanted to go as deep as she could into these ruins... Well, it was hard to call them ruins anymore. It was indeed the temple of time they stood in. "Yeah... I'm coming..." she then sped up a little, joining Idris into the next room.... Giving her the same reaction as the last room. The statues, the mosaics, everything was just a whole different planet with each new thing she saw. 

She then saw something amiss. "In the... Broken down version... There were two statues there." She said, pointing at the end of the hall at the lone statue placed next to the door. "Where's the other?"
  11. Squishy

"Hmm..." Idris looked over at the empty place where the other statue should have been. "Well I don't think he got tired of being a statue and wandered off. But for someone to move the statue... you'd need an awful lot of muscle power for it. And you'd think it would at least leave some kind of trace. Which it didn't." He concluded after inspecting the floor around the empty spot. Then he turned to Terra.

"So, what do you suggest? A wild-goose chase for the missing statue? Or shall we look for another way in? I can't imagine this door's the only way into the temple."

Idris walked back to the previous room and sat down on the stairs, plucking at the strings of his harp. It helped him calm and focus his mind. 'Another way in...'
    There had to be one, they just had to find it.
  12. Tsubori

"Another way? If I know anything about Hyrulian architects, it's that they love puzzles. I don't know why. They never really grew up or something. So trust me, there's only one way, and that one way is exactly as it's planned that we do it." She looked around and saw the blocks to be climbed. "Right. Up there." 

She began climbing the blocks while thinking to herself, not really caring if Idris was following. "Bot much is known about what the hero of time actually used, but we can at the very least expect archery and swordsmanship, as the hero was well known for those. Desecrator, I'm the brains of the operation, so I'll have to settle for you as the brawn. I certainly hope you've got ranged abilities and a bit of skill in close quarters combat."
  13. Squishy

Idris had gotten up and sauntered after Terra, looking at the room around him.

"Oh please, don't overestimate my physical abilities. Seeing as you're the pickaxe-wieldling... Well let's not say maniac, that might be a bit rude, the pickaxe-wielding person, I'd much prefer you be the brawl and I be the brains. You're going to need it. And please stop calling me desecrator. I haven't broken anything and I'm not planning to either."

He climbed after her over the blocks, until they came to a closed door. With a bit of manpower the were able to lift it and continue into the next series of rooms.

The interior of the temple looked a lot like a church or cathedral with long windows and a high ceiling. Another thing it shared with such buildings was the acoustics.
    Somewhere in the distance echoed the sound of something skittering about. Something quite big.

Idris held his hand up to stop Terra, pointing forward and lighting up an ice-spell in his hand.

"You hear that? Sounds like we're not alone in here."
  14. Tsubori

Terra turned around to face Idris, rage in her eyes. Using her pick, she gave Idris a quick jab to the groin with the top of her pick, thankfully not a spiky part. "Don't you dare say you're smarter than me, asshole. I've forgotten more than a pampered pussy like you will ever know!"

She then let the man recover and proceeded into the next room. Idris heard scuttling around nearby and maybe for some reason thought Terra hadn't heard it. "No duh, captain obvious.  This is the temple of Time, meaning if there's one thing all the monsters have to get really fucking big, it's time. And knowing the history of this great ol' place called Hyrule, we can expect a bunch of dog to horse sized spiders, and unless we can avoid it, probably a house sized one."
  15. Squishy

"WHAT?!" As soon as he had recovered from the blow, Idris flung himself at Terra, grabbing a handful of hair, utterly enraged. "Pampered pussy?!" He yanked on her hair. "Well you're barbaric! A barbaric idiot! You sure as hell didn't dedicate your life to studying unlike some people here! We'll see who the pampered pussy here is! Go on then, you can solve this place all by yourself if you're so smart!"

Idris shoved Terra away and stomped away, muttering to himself about 'who's the pussy here' and 'that barbaric bitch...'.
  16. Tsubori

Terra yelped as Idris grabbed her by the hair. "Wow! You really are a little bitch! Pulling hair? Even I don't stoop that low!" She glared at the prissy little noble and passed through the door after him, knowing she had to come this way anyway. 

As he moped, Terra turned and saw a spider, but the gargoyle statues around the room could prove helpful. She pulled out her dominion rod, swinging it at the statue closest to the spider and quickly squashed it before it could act. "Pathetic little fuckers. A lot like you, Desecrator. Now quit being a little puss and let's go."
  17. Squishy

"Oh shut up, please." Idris growled, setting a spider on fire with a spark spell. He was seriously regretting walking in here, what if there wasn't any treasure at the end? He'd be screwed if he had to put up with all this for nothing. And that idiot wasn't making things any better, in fact, he'd probably be better off without her.

They came upon a pit filled with small spiders, with a small platform in the middle containing some sort of switch. Around the switch, sharp obstacles were spinning around at high speeds, making it dangerous to cross it. Getting hit by one of those things would cost you a leg if you were lucky, your guts if you were unlucky.

"Well, seeing you're the expendable one, you can go and find a way to stop those things from killing us." Idris huffed, waving to the spinning objects.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  18. Tsubori

"Expendable, yeah right. I've got shit to discover, you've got your daddy's rupees to count. He can get someone else for that." A low growl then rung out, making terra sigh. "We'll worry about the tiny spiders and blade traps in a second... That sound is of course the Letticus Lizalfosis. For morons like you, the common Lizalfos." 

As if on cue, the two lizard warriors appeared from behind a pillar, coming at the two, ready to fight. Terra held up her pick defensively, eying it's movements. "Alright, try not to get killed and I'll see if I can save you. No promises."
  19. Squishy

Idris saw the Lizalfos coming, and held his hands out in front of him. They started to glow with a yellow-white light, small sparks started to appear from them and a crackling sound could be heard as the light grew brighter, finally releasing a powerful thunder spell, striking the two Lizalfos down.

"And who needed saving?" Idris asked haughtily, a small smirk appearing on his face.

"I don't care about their fancy name. All I care about is them dead and done on the floor. Now, you have the tools to stop these things from tearing our legs off, so please, feel free to work your magic." He made a shooing gesture with his hands to Terra, and sat down. "Don't worry about me, I'll keep my hands off anything here. I don't want to lose them."
  20. Tsubori

Terra shrugged as Idris eliminated both Lizalfoses, leaning on her pick. "Wow, the little bitch has got a trick or two. Sit tight, desecrator, and let an intellectual do the brain work."

She ran into the cycle of blade traps, dashing until she found a small alcove. It contained a large metal thing that appeared as if it could be used to weigh down switches. Oh, the temple makers and their switches... 

Hoisting the thing onto her shoulder, the archeologist went back into the ring, running until the next alcove. This one contained a switch, as she'd suspected, so she placed the metal statue onto it. The platform she was standing on then rose, making her high enough to reach the next room.

But first... A little fun. She noticed a few more of the small statues up here too, so she picked up a small jar, tossing it down at the metal statue so it rolled off the platform, the jar shattering. This unfortunately led to the statue rolling into the blade trap ring, and a loud screech rang out as it was hit off the ring into the spider pit below. 

"Oh my! Clumsy me! I'm able to get to the next room and you aren't! There's... Plenty of the statues up here... I could maybe toss one down for you. But only if you say this: "Terra, you are much smarter than me, and your knowledge on ruins is unparalleled." Oh. And say I'm pretty." She smirked, milking this for all it's worth.