Tactical Planning for the Fight Against Jagon

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Idarian, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

The only problem I see with us not waiting til night would be that CJ got there with one Jagon post due to being on a horse. But we won't be so it will take a while for us to make the journey. I don't think it would be too hard for CJ and the dragons to defend against one of Jagon's posts. I don't think CJ cares if he dies honestly, or he wouldn't have charged in so recklessly. XD
  2. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Well the thing is if CJ and the dragon riders die before we arrive, Jagon will fully expect an assault and we'll be at a major disadvantage. Since like you said it'd take a while to get there, it'd be a lot quicker if we posted leaving now, rather then next Jagon post anyway. The dragons could probably catch up to CJ anyway.

So does this sound good? If so, we all need to post this update.
  3. Seththeshadow

Seththeshadow New Member reg

Wizzrobes in the middle.... do I smell a weak point? xD
  4. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    So yah:

Thank you everyone who had to show up early and ruin my opening on a lesser-armored Jagon who more-or-less wanted to challenge me to 1v1 combat.

Round of applause for everyone.

Seriously, thank you all, I can't show how much I appreciate it.

No really, you deserve it.

:D
  5. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

On the brightside I didn't show up early, everyone but Chaos ruined your epic moment. :D
  6. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    FYI, the worse the RP quality is in the thread, the harder it's going to get for you guys, and vice versa; you guys make good posts, then Jagon won't RAEG :V

i.e. This latest post was a product of people messing travel times up pretty badly.

Edit:
    Specifically, so you guys don't make the same mistake:

Blyss: I do not see anywhere in the description of Vampirism that says that Vampires move at a super human speed. It is impossible for her to have arrived a few minutes after Nicholas.

Damien: Dragon travel was fine; however, using your Pegasus Boots to run up next to Nicholas, who was already mid-charge, is not possible. You have a courage of one. Damien's max speed with them is 15 mph, approximately the same speed as Usain Bolt. This cannot compete with a horse in full gallop.

Rika/Sec: On foot; refer to Blyss.

Nicholas/Ignis/Jenni/Jacob: No problems here.

It took Nicholas and Jenni two entire posts to get to Jagon on horseback, while Ignis was already near the beginning of the battle. Those riding on the dragon were fine as well, having made it in one post. Three people on foot have made it within one post, which is a problem, while Damien using his Pegasus Boots to run up to a horse mid-charge.
  7. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Just for future reference, if you die it should take about six posts to get back on foot. Three for recover, three for travel. Just in case you were unsure about travel distance so you don't get there too quickly again.
  8. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Technically I was planning on not arriving until the next few posting sessions as you can see with my post. Tell Jagon to shut up. :U
  9. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Actually me and Chaos did technically travel two posts. It was still a bit too quickly though, yeah :U
  10. Idarian

Idarian Imperator of Known Space reg

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid Damien arrived while Nicholas was stationary.

In all seriousness, though, that's why I stopped next to Nicholas. Obviously, if I tried to keep up with him, I would have been moving, but I clearly stopped next to Nicholas, so one would assume he had not yet charged.

Also, I think Usain Bolt's speed record was 29 miles per hour or something ridiculous like that, so if the Pegasus Boots yield Usain Bolt speeds I should be going nearer to 30. No big deal though, since, as I said above, I'm stopped and shouldn't be trying to keep pace with a horse.
  11. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    :| Usain's average speed is 23.5 approximately. And I didn't bother reading Pegasus Boots' description, but the point still stands. 25 mph is NOT enough to meet a horse while it's charging. And I don't know if you noticed, but CJ's post clearly said that he had charged. The fact that you arrived in the middle of his post just really messes things up; if Damien had been there while Nicholas was making his speech, then CJ's post would have included something about it, meaning that CJ would have had to go back to his post and edit it for continuity. Also, this would mean that Damien arrived basically at the same time as Nicholas, which is still stupid.

Anyways, this isn't an argument, so take it or leave it, but know that, once again, good roleplaying is your friend.