Tactical Planning for the Fight Against Jagon

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Idarian, Jul 28, 2011.

1. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    No, you're right.
  2. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

So we basically have to attack them now.

Like I said, let's have someone attack them on the dragons, but instead of charging in, have them come out. They'll be more separated then, and they would have to be on a slanted, slippery and muddy hill in heavy heavy armor. It'd really give us an advantage.
  3. Idarian

Idarian Imperator of Known Space reg

I would disagree. We have to charge up a hill. That is never a good idea.

To hark back to Sun Tzu again, another passage says never to attack an enemy on high ground, but instead coax him to come down onto level ground, or to coax him into attacking you on your own high ground. If you find the enemy on lower terrain, then attack him.

Now, given that we are dealing with Aerialfos, I suggest we hold back on conducting bombing runs. I say we put one archer on...

Wait, can our flying mounts carry multiple riders? I would suggest mounting one archer on each mount and trying to initiate a sort of dogfight.
  4. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

The air fight sounds like a pretty good idea. Would it be Seth and Sec? Since they're our only archers. And I didn't say run up the hill, I means let them come down. Plus, with the newest update they're not on a hill, they're moving again.
  5. Idarian

Sure, it could be Seth and Sec, but can they fly the mounts? Or, can they ride shotgun with their proper pilots?

Also, muddy fields+heavy armor=Battle of Agincourt

Plan accordingly. I'll be back to discuss more.
  6. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

I'm assuming the mounts would just take control and Seth/Sec would sit there and attack. I think they can only have one each though for both, I'm not positive though.
  7. Idarian

Alright. If the mounts are sentient enough to fly themselves, we should be fine.
  8. Idarian

I would say that our battle not involve the use of a trench. Since this is a medieval battle, not a battle in the age of gunpowder and rifles, a trench will serve little purpose than to tangle up our swords in dirt walls when we try to duel our opponents.

Rather, I say we fortify our battle position out beyond Impa as the Romans would have: a field of small, foot-sized holes with single, iron spikes in them. These holes would be scattered across a field and covered up, so charging enemies would be wounded quite badly. After that, we should dig a small trench. On our side of this trench we will have a small rise in the earth, upon which we will anchor sharpened, wooden stakes, as were used at the Battle of Agincourt. These stakes would rest on the edge of the trench and pose a threat to our enemies. To cover up this trench, we can set up a line of branches and thornbushes at the forward edge of the trench, so that the enemy will, in his haste in crossing the booby-trapped field, throw his weight into the row of bushes to clear them rapidly, and possibly wound himself on the wooden stakes. We can also have another row of stakes resting closer to vertical, so if a moblin knows the stakes are there and tried to climb over them hastily, he may trip and fall onto the vertical spikes.

To fight this battle, we should fight him on a battlefield set in a valley, where it would be difficult for Jagon to deploy flanking assaults. All the better if we can, like at the Battle of Agincourt, establish a field of battle that is straddled by forested hills. We can then have our archers concealed in those woods.
  9. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

There may never be a valley like field coming up and Jagon is growing ever closer and us twidling our thumbs and waiting is just going to make us lose. Admittedly climbing a hill in the mud isn't a good idea, granted. But we don't quite know how many of his posts are left before Jagon gets to Impa so we may need to strike at the next convenient time. I presuming that me a Seth will take out all of the Aerolfos in our attack, maybe even carrying one back for interrogation. After the scouts are gone we need to just mount an attack of some sort.
  10. Idarian

Right, but if we can, use one. Since we should know the terrain, couldn't ask Will if such a battlefield exists and challenge Jagon on it? We don't have to wait for Jagon to be on-site before setting up our position.
  11. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    The Aeralfos shouldn't be that easy to take. You'll be lucky to capture one. While the Wyvern's speed may be greater than that of the Aeralfos, the Wyvern lacks maneuverability. The Aeralfos are also not that far from the Hellfire Company. At the first sign of attack, they will report to Jagon. Your best best would be to take them by surprise, if capturing one is your goal.
  12. Seththeshadow

Seththeshadow New Member reg

I would gladly ride a dragon, so long as whomever is driving is good at it. :P
  13. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Seth I think they are one person dragons. :p
  14. Idarian

Keep in mind, killing the Aeralfos shouldn't be that bad. Capturing them should be the difficult bit, and quite frankly, I don't think it is essential to our success. However, the Aeralfos, if anything, will have a harder time killing the dragons than our people will have killing them. With ranged weapons, they would be far too inaccurate, as the flapping of their own wings would disrupt their aim, and flying in to within striking distance of a dragon is to attack the greater warrior of the air, and this warrior has crossbows and bows on-board.

Don't worry about capturing them, just kill them.

Being able to bomb them from the air will afford us more of an advantage than any potential intel could ever yield. Right now, the number one largest issue is whittling down the numerical strength and esprit de corps of our foes. Without air cover, bombing will weaken the morale of even the bravest, most bloodthirsty warriors. I mean, don't try to tell me that the troops of the Waffen-SS weren't scared out of their minds when the Russians were bombing them in their vast numbers when no Luftwaffe planes were airborne to stop them.
  15. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Chaos and I are already on that Idarian.
  16. Idarian

Good stuff.

Now what about preparations for the ground battle? Does my above idea sound more or less good, give or take the valley disposition...? Actually, where is Will, I remember saying one could just ask him about terrain.
  17. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

okay guys no more twidling our thumbs. Willow says the longer we wait the stronger they get. So I see two things happening.

We either use tomorrow to travel a day away from Impa so the Hellfire Company doesn't get too close to Impa for us to lose. We then build traps and wait. Willow also said that if no one attacks by tomorrow it will be a night condition. Which would be ideal for us having a vampire on our team.

I either think we provoke them into a trap with the Dragon/Wyvern the next day or we do a sneak attack at night while they take up camp. A brutal head on attack where the scouts can barely have time to worn the Company and we pick off as many army members as possible.

Regardless we have to act fast before we lose completely.
  18. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

I agree with Chaos. We should stall them with the dragons and attack at night time.
  19. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

So CJ is running headfirst into the fight so I believe he will meet them tomorrow and sneak up on them while they are asleep. This will utterly anger them and he will defend them off for a while while a few people post heading toward the field lets say me and eevachu. The final one suggests that we send the winged units out to scout once more. Demo and Ultra fly into the battlefield and give CJ some backup. Then Jagon will post, it will now be night time the prime time for Blyss. Then after Jagon posts, everyone can arrive at the field and give more backup. Fending off two dragons and a suicidal Hylian will distract their main forces while we rush in and kill a few members. Then we just have an all out attack.

We seemed to have waited so long that the mud is gone which could have been an advantage in the right terrain for I am sure they are heavy and it's hard on them to trek through the mud whereas the majority of our units are light or flying. Damien might have some trouble. Especially with the water hurting him... better hope he has an umbrella. lol. Regardless, we would have had an advantage to an extent but now it is pretty equal... well it was never 'equal' but you understand. They also have a lot of other goodies in the last post. If they get too many more things we will never win.

So to recap this should be the posting order

Chaos James sneak attacks the Hellfire Company
    One hero posts going deep into the field
    Another hero posts saying we should send in the mounts
    Demo and Ultra attacks with their mounts
    Jagon posts and turns it night like he said.
    Then we all post arriving and pwning the Hellfire Company.

It's like 8 or 9 people vs. 23 + Jagon put who cares.
  20. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Honestly, I think a better option would be for us to follow CJ and attack after he's attacking them and the dragons and not wait until night, since he wouldn't last until night probably. Blyss can just join when it turns night.

So how about this:

CJ attacks them and the dragons/dragon riders attack.
    Everybody else leaves to go.
    It's night.
    We attack, with Blyss at full capacity while CJ and the dragons have them distracted.

Although not absolutely required, the dragons should focus on taking out the Aerofols and giving aerial support to CJ until we arrive.