Sword and Shield Maze (Mag/Cloud)

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Magnere, May 9, 2017.

1. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Kalvar had been frozen from the scream of the undead before, but each time never failed to send chills down his spine as he remained completely invisible throughout the entire paralysis. It felt very uncomfortable for him to essentially use Julius as bait to attract their attention, but what mattered in the end was that, with any luck, they perished before they could even truly become within arms reach of the soldier.

He suddenly returned back to a visible state as he quickly took aim. Bow glowing a pale green, he let loose a single arrow that slammed into the head of the closest Gibdo towards them. If the arrow to the brain alone didn't finish off the undead beast, the resulting burst of wind from his enchanted archery surely did. As the gust of wind buffeted the walking dead, only one remained standing as the other's neck seemed to appear snapped, laying on the ground with only a hint of movement.

The single remaining Gibdo turned it's head eerily slowly to look at his position upon the wall, deciding that he couldn't reach in time and simply began to continue his path towards Julius. Arms outstretched, jaw physically unhinging as if it seemed to plan to take a massive bite out of his armor.

Before Kalvar could ready another arrow as he walked further up the cavernous wall, it seemed like there wasn't only two Gibdo's in the room at all. Others began to pop up from the ground as if they were coming from nowhere, the stench of rotten flesh certainly filling the passageway if it wasn't already. Their bandages rotten and exposed, revealing bug-infested flesh and bones as they shambled up out of the ground. Kalvar cursed rather loudly as he pulled another arrow from his quiver, careful to not let his supply simply drop this time.

"I'll weaken as they approach!" Kalvar yelled out loud, firing off volley after volley of arrows into the mass of walking flesh that began to slowly stumble towards Julius. After the first few shots embedding into their flesh not doing much to slow them down, he finally let loose another arrow blessed with the powers of the winds that slammed into the chest of a Gibdo in the middle of the pack, knocking it backwards, and subsequently knocking all the others down behind it as they stumbled like dominos.
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    He unleashed a freezing Spin Attack as the one tried to -- quite literally -- take out a massive chunk of his armor. Noticing the smell increase rather harshly, he turned and saw what Kalvar was talking about. "Gods," he looked up, "damn it." He locked eyes... or rather, would, if the Gibdo and its cohorts had eyes. He shot an intimidating glower at it; not expecting any kind of reaction, he walked over to them, rather expectant for one of them to unleash another scream -- or not, if he could help it.

As he drew closer, they grew louder, louder, louder. Their moans and shuffling grew to insane levels; it was driving Julius mad, one could say, so once he finally got in a position where he could easily take out the majority of them, he assumed the position that one would take immediately prior to a Spin Attack, and waited. Waiting, waiting, waiting... Once they all surrounded him, he unleashed it; tearing the Gibdo apart easily. As their corpses hit the floor, they vanished in flame; Julius was half expecting to hear the sounds of bars sliding across a door.

Not hearing the sound, he looked around. Several piles of bandages lay across the room. He looked to where Kalvar was. "I could have made that a thousand times easier if I had thought to use more of my arsenal, oh my god." Julius bent over, before collapsing onto the floor. "Leave me be to revel in my sins." All he could think of was of how stupid he was; but, in old age, that was to be expected. How could he expect to remember the, frankly, massive amounts of items he'd had in his Adventure Pouch?

Frankly, he couldn't.

Picking himself up off the frost-covered floor, he continued to walk where the path led. "Kalvar, remember to use every tool in your arsenal effective, please. I could have used my boomerang, bombs, and a million other treasures to effectively dispatch them, but I didn't. I guess my old age is finally catching up with me, heh." He cast his eyes over the frosted walls; if a Chilfos, or some other creature, happened to burst out of the walls, he'd know.
  3. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    The horde of the undead was defeated, and Kalvar let out a sigh of relief as he slowly began to walk back down onto the ground. This whole wall-walking business was strange, but he certainly wasn't going to question how effective it was for a man of his talents. Archery from standing on any wall, upside down or not, was going to take quite some time to get used to how gravity worked when it fell in an entirely different direction from you. His arrows might not be affected by the wind, but gravity? Definitely.

Kalvar immediately began to tedious process of collecting his arrows once more. Ripping them out from the charred flesh of the Gibdos was nothing, asides from the horrible smell that just seemed to linger on and on. After all this, he was afraid he might even need to scrub his arrows just to get that horrible smell out of them. Or better yet, simply get different arrows. Regardless, he turned to Julius as he once again began to teach him. Every tool? Kalvar really didn't have anything else asides from his bow and his sword, but he supposed his magical traits were quite useful as well.

Walking up to Julius, careful of the wound in his own side, he rested a hand against the arm of his armor. "Nonsense. Your old age is a sign of your competence. Only a fool would doubt your skill simply because of your age." Stretching out his back slowly, he hung his bow off of his shoulder.

"Shall we continue?" Kalvar spoke, walking over to the wall and simply walking on it, to avoid stepping any further on the rotten flesh and bandages from below. Even if they were dead, the thought of walking on corpses that were, well, killed again, wasn't exactly pleasant.
  4. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    He nodded, and walked a bit before saying, "You do not know what it means to be old. To be old is to fear death, or accept it, as it will, eventually, come for you. With all the dungeon delving, exploration of ruins, and general investigation -- often times deadly -- death will claim me quicker than most. I am not the young, bright-eyed youth I once was; no, instead I am an old, worn out veteran." He cast his gaze to the walls, wary of anything that should pop out. "Regardless, there is much and more information that I've yet to pass on to anyone, and I fear it will claim me well before I've the opportunity to find someone willing to learn the art of weaponsmithing, but I digress."

The major thing Julius was trying to get at was that, regardless of how successful you were, death eventually came for you, regardless of success. Even with limited immortality, he knew that they could still be slain in battle; he'd seen as much when Lucia died right in front of him. "Regardless of whatever form of immortality you have, unless it is absolute, death will still, eventually, claim you; unless you live quietly, in some rural village. But," he continued walking, "even then, bandits will claim you."

He motioned for Kalvar to stop. Summoning another flying eyeball, he scouted further ahead. Turning and twisting through the many sharp edges, until it eventually reached the maze's end. "Hm. Guess we've progressed rather quickly, no?" He refocused, seeing a gigantic freezard blocks their way out -- and presumably -- to the key they needed to access what he could only presume to be the fire side of the dungeon. "Well, that's problematic. There is apparently a freezard -- and quite a large one at that -- blocking our path, and..." his keese looked around some more, before spotting a cannon, frozen over (of course), sitting in the corner of the room. "Well, there's good and bad news-- the good news is that there is a cannon. The bad news is that it is, of course, frozen over."
  5. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Perhaps he didn't know what it meant to be old, but he did know one thing. Julius's age meant he was a talented warrior. To survive this long and still be combat worthy was a feat in and of itself. Old and worn out? Far from it. Perhaps he felt like that, but from his perspective, all he saw was a tough, hardened veteran who knew how to fight competently. One didn't just join the guard if one wasn't skilled at all. Still, the idea of Julius eventually passing on before he could teach someone else his art was a bit sad. He, once again, didn't understand what he was talking about when he brought up immortality. Nobody was immortal, absolutely no one. So what if death came for him? As long as he made an active difference in the world before passing, saved as many lives as possible, that was all that was important to him.

Kalvar stopped when Julius motioned for him, patiently awaiting his scouting. A freezard, and a cannon. Frozen, of course. The solution was simple, at least in his mind. "Well, you have bombs as you said, yes? That's certainly one way to crack out a cannon from ice. Or at the very least, crack open a freezard until it no longer exists. Even the smallest amount of fire should probably ward off a frozen beast like that." He shrugged a little bit, slowly walking over towards the wall and focusing on it as he stepped right up.

"I'm more than comfortable in my ability to distract him while you expose the cannon. Perhaps magical arrows won't pierce solid ice, but it should be more than enough to keep their attention on the roof rather than the heavily armored vet on the ground, hmm?" Without any further discussion, Kalvar simply pushed into the room from the ceiling, bow already in his grip and arrow slid into the string of the bow.

"Hey, Icicle Brains!" Kalvar shouted out, flinging an arrow straight at the Freezard across the room, which chipped a piece of ice off and blew it around with a huge gust of wind resulting from the glowing green bow. Immediately, Kalvar began to walk across the ceiling in as large a circle as he could around the massive frozen beast.
  6. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius watched this event unfold, doubt never leaving his mind. "Okay," he mumbled, clearly watching Kalvar waste his time.

"Well, no time like the present, eh?" He commented to no one in particular. It was almost like he was supposed to have had someone there -- a partner, even -- but those events were difficult to remember. He vaguely remembered the colour pink, as if to spark some memories. Light green? Who knew.

He remembered he had a supply of Armor Seeds, unsurprisingly. How had he forgotten this? Who knew. Maybe his old age was getting to him. Taking one from his Adventure Pouch (he had these all in separate containers, don't worry), he swallowed a seed whole. Feeling his skin grow... thicker, strangely, it seemed to have taken enough of an effect. Good.

Without further ado, he began planting bombs around the ice. The chances that it would strike the cannon seemed low to Julius, and it was better than kicking the ice for perhaps all eternity. After he'd planted enough ticking time bombs, he dropped to the floor, allowing the explosives to do their trick.

Luckily, he'd also had the foresight to buy a Bombproof Ring, which meant any damage he'd already dealt to himself was minimal. He looked over to the cannon. Apart from it still being, well... stuck, it wasn't completely stuck! Only the backend. Getting up, he forced the cannon to be operable. "Cannon's free!" He yelled. As Kalvar moved behind, he loaded a bomb into it.

"Five!" He looked into the Freezard's many eyes. Why did it have so many? What kind of beast was so fierce it forced a pretty much stuck-in-place creature to evolve so many eyes?

"Four!" He smiled underneath his helmet. Regardless, it was going to be blown to bits, smithereens, another adjective for tiny fragments. This was going to bring him joy.

"Three!" He continued smiling, before pulling the string. The explosive was launched, with enough force to pretty much obliterate any person -- it is important to note that the Freezard was not a person in the traditional sense -- to bits. This included the Freezard. "Gods, YES!" Julius screamed, as if mid-orgasm. "God, I need one of these. Anyways, good job distracting the Freezard, Kalvar," he commented as he came down.