Sweepstakes to Win Wind Waker HD or Zelda 3DS!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Bitoko, May 4, 2013.

1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

[​IMG]

Hey everyone!

Welcome to Hyrule Castle's first Official Sweepstakes! The prize, a brand new copy of the Wind Waker HD or Zelda 3DS (the game, not the system, winners choice) sent to them the week of their release. You might wonder, how do I win this awesome prize? The winner will be chosen by drawing (out of a hat type of thing) and there is guaranteed to be a winner!

Every active member will automatically get one entry, so if you are an active member make sure that you post a reply here to ensure you get counted! You can then earn up to ten more entries. There are two ways to earn more entries, the first: recruit new members to Hyrule Castle! For every member that signs up and lists you as their referral, you will gain one extra entry.

The other way to gain an entry, participate in the discussion forums! For every fifty posts you make in the discussion forums, you will gain an additional entry. This is good for those who don't know of anyone they could bring to HC, or don't want to go advertise around. However, this comes with a warning, DO NOT SPAM. Posts just for the sake of posting is not acceptable, your posts must be contributing to good discussion or they will not count. If you post to many posts that we deem as spam, you will be disqualified from gaining more entries to the sweepstakes.

So there you have it! Our first Official Sweepstakes!

Oh, and just so you know, if we have fifty active members sign up for this sweepstakes by the time it ends, there will be two grand prize winners instead of one! So good luck, and get posting!

This sweepstakes is set to run from now (May 4th 2013) to October 31st 2013, so you have plenty of time to earn entries. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via PM.

(Remember to reply to this thread to qualify for a free entry!)

Sweepstakes FAQ

Q: If I just registered, can I enter this sweepstakes?
    A: Yep. Just be sure that you don't enter and then disappear. If you have no activity after entering and do not participate in the discussion forums then you will be disqualified.

Q: If I have been inactive for a long while and just came back can I enter the sweepstakes?
    A: Yep, but just like a newly registered member, you need to be active to qualify.

Q: But what if I have to be off the forums for a while, or I forget about you guys for a month?
    A: If you are going on a summer trip or something like it and it may cause you to look inactive, then post that you are going to be absent for a while in the intro/farewell forum in the temporary departures thread. If you go inactive without notifying us then you will be disqualified until you return to activity.

Q: How active is active?
    A: If you visit the forums often and post then that is active. This doesn't have to be every day, just as often as you would in any other discussion forum. If you go inactive for a month then you will be disqualified until you return to activity.

Q: I live in a different country than the United States, if I win, will I be able to get a prize?
    A: To be honest, I'm not completely sure. However, I will do my best to get a EU or whatever other localization's copy of your desired game and send it to you. If you do win and I am not able to get you a copy of the game then we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Q: Can I get an entry even if I don't post in this thread?
    A: Yes, but only by posting 50 quality posts in the discussion forums or by recruiting someone. Posting here qualifies you for a free one so definitely do it!

Q: You say that you will send the game as soon as it's released, but you also say the sweepstakes lasts until October 31st, 2013. What if the game is released before then?
    A: If the release date happens before the 31st of October, then the sweepstakes date will be adjusted to match it.

Q: From what date do you count the posts in the discussion forums for the extra entries per every 50 post?
    A: The posts will be counted from May 4th, 2013 onward.

Active Members with Entries in the Sweepstakes (as of October 2nd, 2013)

Blonde Panther (1 free entry, 8 entries for posting in discussion forums)
    Squishy (1 free entry, 3 entries for posting in discussion forums)
    Double_r111 (1 free entry, 1 entry for recruiting a new member, 7 entries for posting in discussion forums)
    Quill (1 free entry, 11 entries for posting in discussion forums)
    Ultra5 (1 free entry, 2 entries for posting in discussion forums)
    Tsubori (1 free entry, 1 entry for posting in discussion forums)
    Razgriz (1 free entry, 1 entry for posting in discussion forums)
    darklink28 (1 free entry, 6 entries for recruiting four people (two extra for the June bonus), 5 entries for posting in discussion forums)
    Fcgfyv (1 free entry, 9 entries for posting in discussion forums)
    Gouf (1 free entry)
    Eternis (1 free entry, 1 entry for posting in discussion forums)

Not-Active Members with Entries in the Sweepstakes (not including post count)
    Adad64 (1 free entry, 1 entry for recruiting a new member)
    tlozbj (1 free entry, 1 entry for recruiting a new member)
    Clank (1 free entry, 1 entry for recruiting a new member)
    frigis (1 free entry)
    Black Stalfos (1 free entry)
    Mew_101 (1 free entry)
    Lich-Kun (1 free entry)
    Samusbot (1 free entry)
    Tanto (1 free entry)
    Doc Genz (1 free entry)
    Hyrulian Hero (1 free entry)
    spark (1 free entry)
    Strawberry (1 free entry)
    TroyProctor (1 free entry)
    maythe3forcebwithu (1 free entry)
    Kienamaru (1 free entry)
  2. Clank

Clank Can we please kill the overuse of AJAX? reg

Awesome, this sounds like a great idea, even though I spend little time on here due to not being in to RPing...
  3. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Hey Clank! Good to see you here. We understand that there are a lot of fans out there who don't like RPing, so that is why we are trying to make Hyrule Castle a dual site for role playing and discussion! That is why we have started this sweepstakes, it is an effort to grow our discussion forums to balance with our role play. So if you stick around and post in the discussion forums, you can earn more entries and help us accomplish our goal!
  4. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Hmmmm. WW HD is a pretty tempting gift. Don't know how much I'll actually be doing, but I'll give it a shot.
  5. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Well remember, you have from now until the end of October to gain a lot of posts, so there isn't a need to rush them or anything. Just be active in the discussion forums and you'll get some extra entries!
  6. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    As tempting as it is for me to enter, I imagine you've got/are getting the US versions to give away and I believe Nintendo still region-locks their systems... so for convenience's sake, it'd probably be best if you removed my name from the hat.

EDIT: After deliberation with Toko, consider this post null. I'm in.
  7. BlackStalfos

BlackStalfos New Member new

That new Zelda 3DS looks pretty amazing! I have been a fan of Alttp since the day it became my first Zelda game, and I'm psyched for this new one!
  8. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Alright, I'll enter, and in the very small chance that I win, I'll hope to find some solution to the region lock problem :tpr:
  9. Mew 101

Mew 101 New Member new

Does this also apply to members who haven't been active for quite some time?
  10. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

It does as long as they become active during the sweepstakes. You don't have to role play if you don't want to, just become active in the discussion forums.
  11. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

Well I'd better make a post just in case this applies to me :P I'm fairly active in the discussion forums, even if I haven't managed to RP for some time.
  12. frigis

frigis New Member new

I'm new, am I allowed to enter?
  13. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Sure are!
  14. frigis

frigis New Member new

Alright, then I'm entering. :)
  15. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

So everyone knows I added an FAQ and a list of entrants to the first post.
  16. Lich-Kun

Lich-Kun New Member reg

Gyahaha! I am here for the loot!
  17. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

WHOO-HOO!
    Although I really feel bad about taking advantage of this awesome 'site,
    SIGN ME UP FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES!
    Edit: Although, given that I live in Australia, if I do win, it'll probably be too difficult to get it to me anyway...
    Can I grant my sweepstakes bit to someone else?
  18. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Unfortunately no. If you win, I will try to get you a PAL copy. If that doesn't work, another user will be chosen.
  19. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I'd like to enter, if that's alright.
  20. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Not that I expect to win anything ever I absolutely can't if I don't enter right? So I guess I'm in.
    -Ultra5