Super Hyrulean Heroes

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by Tsubori, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Okay, as is no longer a secret, I’m planning a fighting game based around HC using characters and it’ll be awesome. My intention is to first make the battle mechanics and characters, then release that here for you guys. Possible campaign mode or other modes will likely come later. Obviously I’m going to need help from you guys, be it for the art or planning.

Here is the current list of characters, though Saps (Double’s character) was added to the roster after the fact. Please please please don’t just have your suggestions be characters who should be added >.> I’m looking for ideas for arenas and items and such, as well as any special stuff.

My planned combat system will be fairly basic, with a WASD directional input and IOP as Block, Normal Attack, and Special Attack respectively. Each fighter will have specials similar to Smash bros, where P, ^P, vP, and >P are all special moves, though the arena would be more Street fighter style, with flat terrain and straight up fighting.

Each character also has a fatigue bar, with blocking being the thing that reduces it. With a full to half bar, damage is blocked. With Half to Quarter bar, a quarter of the damage gets through, and with quarter to no fatigue, it’s half damage makes it through.

Another system will be the Triforce Edge attacks, which are unique attack that are gotten somehow, maybe through a bar that fills for combat variety? That way fatigue kills the turtles and Triforce Edge attacks kill the spammers.

So what’re your thoughts?
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    oh my god WASD and IOP is terrible for a control scheme, change it to the arrow keys and ZXC.
  3. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    No Nicholas :P Worst. Game. Evar.

But like I said, at least I can play the crap out of Dante and Sexton.

Guy isn't in the game cause he'd wreck too much shit.

Anyways, onto my suggestions.

Arena-wise, probably want to look at Zelda staples. Volcano Ruins like the Fire Temple in OoT, perhaps a boat deck with Dragon Roost Island in the background. Castle Town Square with the castle in the background.

Maybe for items you could create either simple-ish drops, like Bombs and such. Or, you could create a "Load-out" of items, with some items limited to certain types of characters, and at the select screen you pick your two load-out items that can be used in the match.

Like say, I might select a "Bomb Bag" and "Boomerang" as my two items, giving me an explosive projectile and a ranged interrupt. Or I could go "Bombchu" and "Bow" if I want to attack at range, or "Roc's Feather" and "Hookshot" if I wanted higher jumps and the ability to close the distance from my opponent by hooking them like Scorpion.

^ Inspired by the GB Zelda games, where you could select two items from throughout your inventory to use.
  4. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

I'm with Cloudy on the keys. Definitely use the arrows and ZXC. Other than that, I don't have much to say.