Summon Forge

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Devil-Steel, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

Similar to Squish's summon teatime, this spell would be useful for weaponsmitihs/armorsmiths to summon a forge while on the go to help maintain weapons and armor of their party, as well as create any new pieces before a big battle. I feel this should be a set cost treasure not based on PWC scores as there could be smiths based on any of the three and it costing more for some than others.
  2. Devil-Steel

Summon Forge

Type: Utility Spell
    Fields: Summon, Transform

Cost 30 Rupees?

After a few seconds of concentration the caster manifests a complete forge, with anvil, at a designated space within arms reach.

It’s appearance is unique to the caster and will remain the same with every summoning. The set consists of: a forge, an anvil, water trough, coal and a hammer.

Limitations:
    • Lasts for 15 minutes, or the caster dismisses the set.
    • Can be cast 3 times per day? Or some cooldown inbetween casts.
    • Individual items vanish when more than 5 feet from the forge, everything vanishes when more than 9 feet from the caster.

It really is just an option to make, or repair, weapons and armor in the middle of a dungeon.
  3. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Hey I certainly like this idea and you have the right idea not basing it on specific PWC! My first advice before we get too deep into this is we have several different crafter types on this site and it would make a lot of sense to have a separate crafting station written up for each type. For example instead of "armorsmith" it could be a more general separate treasure called Summon Outfitter Station or something along those lines. Since they use a wide variety of materials to make outfitter creations. The same would be said for something like a Summon Botany Lab for our botanists, you get the picture. Then of course these would all be written up differently to explain their components.

Next there's the time limits. A typical smith can take hours to make something significant and it's usually a major part of their day. Maybe something closer to three hours of summon time and then once per day. The same could be said of other crafting stations too, it's probably more something you'd "set up for the day" and then keep on the afterburner for the next day. What do you think?
  4. Devil-Steel

You actually have some really good points and i think youre right about it. Summon for a day or until dismissed and then cooldown for at least a day afterwards. I also like having different ones for each of the crafters.
  5. Devil-Steel

Summon Outfitter Station (open)
    Summon Outfitter Station

Cost 30 Rupees?

After a few seconds of concentration the caster manifests a complete outfitter station, with anvil, at a designated space within arms reach.

It’s appearance is unique to the caster and will remain the same with every summoning. The set consists of: a forge, an anvil, water trough, coal, a hammer, and various other materials to craft with.

Limitations:
    • Lasts for 1 day, or the caster dismisses the set.
    • Can be cast 1 time per day, then must cooldown for a day
    • Individual items vanish when more than 5 feet from the forge, everything vanishes when more than 9 feet from the caster.

It really is just an option to make, or repair, armor in the middle of a dungeon.

Summon Weaponsmith Station (open)
    Summon Weaponsmith Station

Cost 30 Rupees?

After a few seconds of concentration the caster manifests a complete weaponsmith station, with anvil, at a designated space within arms reach.

It’s appearance is unique to the caster and will remain the same with every summoning. The set consists of: a forge, an anvil, water trough, coal, a hammer, and various other materials to craft with.

Limitations:

It really is just an option to make, or repair, weapons in the middle of a dungeon.

Summon Botany Station (open)
    Summon Botany Station

Cost 30 Rupees?

After a few seconds of concentration the caster manifests a complete botany station, with lab, at a designated space within arms reach.

It’s appearance is unique to the caster and will remain the same with every summoning. The set consists of: beakers, planters, etc

Limitations:

It really is just an option to make potions, or cultivate seed supplies in the middle of a dungeon.
  6. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

I discussed this with DS and I like the idea, but thought it could be made more general to apply to a variety of professions, rather than specifically smithing or a craft. I made this generalized version, let me know what you think and if there's anything you'd like changed:

Summon Workspace
    Cost: 20 Rupees

After a few seconds of concentration the caster manifests a complete workspace, based on their inner nature. This "inner nature" can be reflected in different ways; for example, if the caster is a proud blacksmith, their workspace would be a forge, complete with anvil and tools needed to craft. If they were a chef, however, they might spawn a functional kitchen, complete with cookware and campfire. Regardless of this, a caster may only have -one- specific workspace, decided when this treasure is obtained. Its appearance is unique to the caster and will remain the same with every summoning.

The properties of any objects created by the casting of the Summon Workspace spell(but not any items crafted or made using them) share all the physical properties of those items for the purposes of crafting or for their intended purpose, but do not provide functional use outside of that. For example, a blacksmith's forge may burn hot for the purposes of smithing a sword, but provides no succor from the cold, nor could it melt a frozen wall in a dungeon hallway.

Additionally, the caster can designate multiple living beings as participants of their workspace. These participants should be within 9 feet of the caster at the moment of summoning. Afterwards they can move around freely, but any parts or contents of the workspace will vanish if they are more than 3 feet away from the perimeter of the workspace, and the entire workspace will vanish if the caster moves more than 9 feet away from where the workspace was summoned.

Summon Workspace will last until the caster dismisses it at will. This spell can be cast 3 times per day.

Augment:

Additional Workspace
    Cost: 10 Rupees

The user can gain the Additional Workspace augment simultaneously with the original treasure for an additional cost, or as a separate treasure at a later time.

For each time this augment is obtained, the caster gains the ability to create a different type of workspace. This may or may not be reflected on their inner nature, but regardless is decided when this treasure is obtained and may not be changed. The two workspaces are independent, but only one workspace may be created at a time. The caster also gains 1 additional casting of Summon Workspace per day.
    Doc Genz likes this.
  7. Devil-Steel

I like this write up and concept better than my original idea. Has my approval 100%
  8. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin