Suggestions for the Suggestion God

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Saria, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Saria

Saria Severely Acute Radical Syndrome reg

Hi I have two suggestions:

• Please update the news forum it is not summer

And here is an item suggestion blatantly stolen from the Yaka Arrow in Marvel lore:

Whistle Arrows are a simple spell which, with a bit of practice, can be cast almost instantly and repeatedly. After a piece of ammunition is summoned, it leaves the caster's hand she and the caster then uses this spell to take control of the arrow's direction via whistling. Species who are unable to whistle have somehow acquired the magical ability to do so (thus the spell's name), but the feeling of whistling is usually foreign and uncomfortable for them. The caster cannot use this spell when they cannot breathe (obviously).

The arrow disappears as soon as it hits a target.

Powerful Arrows Augment
    Arrows get stronger/faster flavor text

Gotta go fast sanic augment
    Arrows no longer vanish when they hit a target, cutting out the time the user needs to summon them.

Power Acquisition Augment
    Arrows only fly as fast and as well as the user's practiced archery skill, not magic skill, effectively allowing them to fire their arrows without a bow.

---
    Just please update the news forum at a minimum thank u :tpr:
  2. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    The news forum gets updated when large events take place. The last event that took place was in summer and we've not had anything big in winter yet. That's why it's not been updated. We quite simply don't HAVE anything to update it with.
    Cloud likes this.
  3. Saria

Alas. Thanks.
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Oh, you were serious about the Announcements thing? I thought you were joking, for the reasons Blondie highlighted. There hasn't been anything very significant to announce (mostly because I've been preoccupied with work, and no one's been minding Will's events as much as they should be).

On Whistle Arrows...

...uh, what?

It would be easy to make Yaka Arrows based on the link you provided: "Once the user fires an arrow (or piece of physical ammunition), the user can change its trajectory via whistling. Different frequencies and patterns are used to adjust direction. Extremely skilled users are able to turn the arrow back in the opposite direction. It is impossible to cause the arrow to accelerate, or to turn in excess of 180 degrees." It would probably be Courage-based, in the Lower cost category, with the Projectile and Control fields.

However, what you described as Whistle Arrows sounds like something completely different. There's also several confusing points.
    1. The spell apparently creates any kind of ammunition at will, unlike Yaka Arrows? If so, why not just make this an augment of Summon Ammunition?
    2. The spell apparently shoots arrows (or other ammunition) from the caster's hand with magical force, unlike Yaka Arrows where the ammunition needs to be fired normally?
    3. Although the spell fires arrows magically, the Power Acquisition augment suggests it doesn't fire them as fast as normal arrows? (In which case, why wouldn't you just fire them normally anyway?)
    4. Do both the first and third augments basically amount to "the arrow shoots even faster/harder"? Treasures try to avoid exact specifications of power or damage, instead leaving that up to the role-player's imagination--except when necessary. Arrows themselves already fly damn fast when fired from a longbow, anyway. How exactly would the Powerful Arrows be more powerful?
    5. What is the purpose of the gotta go fast augment? Based on the description you gave, whether or not the arrows vanish after striking a target does not seem to affect how quickly the user can summon new ones.

...I'll just add Yaka Arrows if you want (or call them Whistling Arrows, whichever). If you want me to add what you described, though, then please try to describe it more clearly.
  5. Saria

Thanks, sorry my arrows were a bad idea. I was just trying to supply things so it wasn't a complete rip off.
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Sorry if I came off as, you know, an asshole. Frustration is unbecoming.

Anyway, for anyone who might care, Saria and I discussed it a bit more in private. Yaka Whistle is now a thing.