Spirit Temple OoT [Samusbot5]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Ultra5, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Hot air rushed by Jacob as he rode Eysseth across the skies above the scorched desert sands below. Although very high in the sky the wind created by Eysseth was no cooler than the wind at ground level. Jacob wipes sweat off of his forehead. "Jeez. This heat's horrible. Hey Eysseth. What was tha mission again?"

Eysseth twists her neck around to where she is looking at Jacob. "Have you already forgotten? How did you survive this long without me being able to remind you?" Eysseth snorts as she turns her head back to the direction she is flying. "Two Gerudo witches have been seen in the Gerudo Spirit Temple. The Commander ordered a Rank and File here to investigate and we are to help him."

"Thank ya Eysseth. Yer a real life saver. Look there's tha temple. Put us down on tha pad in front o' it." Jacob points to a large brick pad in front of the entrance to the Gerudo's Spirit Temple. The Goddess of the Sands, a large woman carved into the face of a sheer cliff, serving as the focal point and entrance of the temple. Eysseth descends and lands with a loud thump on the pad. Jacob jumps off and starts messing with the saddle bags on Eysseth's back reading any supplies he may need and waiting for the other Guard he was supposed to meet.
  2. samusbot

samusbot Member new

Kieran was beyond relieved. All week long he'd been trudging through the sands of the desert, traveling only during the night, so as not to become dehydrated and collapse, which would surely spell his doom. His feeling of relief was the grand visage of his destination: The Gerudo Spirit Temple. However, as he began to approach the temple, he saw something that cause him to pause. His confused gaze rested upon the form of his fellow Guardsman, and his Wyvern mount. Even more unusual was the strange sense of familiarity from the sight. Thinking back, he remembered rumors of a high ranking Guardsman, a Captain to be precise, who happened to posses a Wyvern mount. After a quick moment to steel himself, he continued forward and shakily greeted the Captain. "H-Hello. A-are you the guard sent to assist me?"
  3. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "H-Hello. A-are you the guard sent to assist me?"

Eysseth perks up and stares down the newcomer. Jacob closes the bag he is looking through and turns to the man as well. Eysseth slowly walks over to the man. This Hylian is about as tall as Jacob, maybe an inch shorter but looks smaller by a lot. Eysseth thinks to herself her eyes never breaking contact with the man as she walks closer. "You wear Guard armor, but I smell..." Eysseth sniffs the man before backing up a bit bearing almost glaring at him. "...fear. What is your rank soldier?"

Jacob sighs walking forward. "Eysseth. Enough. Aye I am if yer Kieran O'Halley. Captain Jacob Temple, Hyrule Castle Town Guard 5th Airborne Mounted Unit 79th Division." Jacob extends a hand. "Normally ya'd be salutin' me, but I ain't one fer formalities in tha field. I assume ya were briefed on tha mission objective?" Eysseth snorts and shakes her head as she steps back from Jacob and the new Hylian.
  4. samusbot

samusbot Member new

Kieran watched as the Wyvern turned towards him."You wear Guard armor, but I smell..." Eysseth sniffed at Kieran before backing up a bit bearing almost glaring at him. "...fear. What is your rank soldier?"
    Upon hearing the Wyvern speak, Kieran's eyes widened in surprise as he took an involuntary step backward.

'WHA!?! No one ever said the Wyvern talked!'

"Eysseth. Enough. Aye I am if yer Kieran O'Halley. Captain Jacob Temple, Hyrule Castle Town Guard 5th Airborne Mounted Unit 79th Division." Jacob extended his hand. "Normally ya'd be salutin' me, but I ain't one fer formalities in tha field. I assume ya were briefed on tha mission objective?"

After taking a few moments to calm himself once more, Kieran turned to the Captain and shook his hand firmly "Er... Yes sir, I am Kieran O'Halley. The mission is to investigate sightings of two Gerudo witches in the Spirit Temple." Kieran looked back toward the Wyvern. "...Though I have to say I wasn't... made aware of the presence of your... companion beforehand."
  5. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Eyes widening, stepping back. You are scared of me." Eysseth stands taller and spreads her wings wide making herself bigger for intimidation before Jacob stops her by holding his arm out between the two. Eysseth lowers herself and closes her wings. "Aw. Jacob. You're no fun."

"We're on assignment Eysseth. Now shape up!" Eysseth jumps a bit as Jacob barks the order. " My 'companion' is Eysseth. Call her by her name and please don't call her 'the Wyvern' she hates that and as I'm sure you've noticed she can talk. Don't worry she's ma battlemount an' was trained just like I was. She ain't gonna try anythin' as long as I'm 'ere. Now, ya look like yer equipped ta go in there, so give me a sec an' I'll get ready." Jacob lowers his arm and walks over to Eysseth again. The Wyvern lowers herself so Jacob can access his shield and sword attached to the saddle.

Eysseth eyes Kieran and smirks bearing her teeth a bit as Jacob gets his weapons. Obviously still to mess with the man, but she makes no moves towards the Hylian. Jacob sheaths his Goron Iron broadsword in it's sheath checking the strapping and attachments on his left hip. On his right hip he attaches a lantern and his Bomb Bag thoroughly checking both. Next comes Jacob's shield which he simple puts his left hand through the straps and keeps it on his arm. Lastly Jacob reaches into his armor's chestpiece and pulls out a Pictograph and smiles slightly looking at it.
  6. samusbot

samusbot Member new

"Eyes widening, stepping back. You are scared of me." Eysseth stood taller and spread her wings wide, making herself bigger for intimidation before Jacob stopped her by holding his arm out between Kieran and Eysseth. She lowered herself and closed her wings. "Aw. Jacob. You're no fun."

"We're on assignment Eysseth. Now shape up!" Eysseth jumped a bit as Jacob barked the order. Hm... I'd better shape up as well. I'm a guardsman for Din's sake, not some cowering noble! Kieran stood to his full height.

"My 'companion' is Eysseth. Call her by her name and please don't call her 'the Wyvern' she hates that and as I'm sure you've noticed she can talk. Don't worry she's ma battlemount an' was trained just like I was. She ain't gonna try anythin' as long as I'm 'ere. Now, ya look like yer equipped ta go in there, so give me a sec an' I'll get ready."

As Captain Jacob proceeded to equip himself, Kieran ignored Eysseth's attempt to intimidate him and gave a last check over his equipment. His sword and shield were kept in good shape, for they were his most prized possessions: A symbol of his acceptance by his brothers in the Guard. He pulled his bomb bag out of his travel sack and tied it off to his belt, then proceeded to reattach the drawstring to his longbow. Having completed his equipment check he stood ready, calmly observing Captain Jacob as he finished equipping himself.
  7. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob smiles a bit before slipping the Pictograph back into his armor and turning to Kieran. "Alright. I'm all geared up. Eysseth! Guard tha entrance. No one in er out. Understood?"

Eysseth stands up tall. "Yes Jacob. Nothing will get by me." Eysseth nods her head.

"Let's go O'Halley. We got a temple ta clear. Move!" Jacob unsheaths his sword and extends his shield out in front of him. With slow deliberate steps Jacob makes his way, sword held at the ready, into the temple. After entering the threshold of the temple's entrance a giant room greets the old soldier. Two carved stone snake statues adorned with old Hylian text on each side of an elaborate staircase leading up to a large elevated area with two Armos Statues and two branching pathways.

Jacob scans the room for any present threats. Noting the Armos Statues may be the attack variant Jacob sees no immediate threats. "All clear. O'Halley move up." Jacob calls back lowering his shield making his way to the right snake statue at the base of the stairs.
  8. samusbot

samusbot Member new

Following Jacob, Kieran also scans the rooms for threats and sees only the two Armos Statues. "All clear. O'Halley move up." As they both moved toward the snake statue on the right, Kieran's quick eyes caught movement: Two unassuming pots in front of the sides of the stairs lifted into the air, then swiftly moved towards them.

"Look out!"
  9. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Look out!"

Jacob instantly drops behind his shield as the words start to come out of Kieran's mouth. The two pots shatter upon impact with the shield. After both hit and shatter Jacob peeks around the shield ready for something else. Nothing moved as Jacob rose again. "Thanks O'Halley."

Jacob examines the script on the snake statue. "Huh...ta enter in tha future...return wit tha Power of Silver...from tha past? Got any idea what it means O'Halley?" Jacob looks confused as he strokes his chin thinking of what that could mean.
  10. samusbot

samusbot Member new

"I don't know about the future or returning from the past, but the Power of Silver could reffer to the fabled Silver Gauntlets. Perhaps there is some test of strength? We should see what the other statue has to say."

Kieran walked around the shattered pottery, making his way to the other statue. "Tch. I can't make out these runes. They're pretty worn down."
  11. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Maybe. I hope we don't need a pair o' them Silver Gauntlets. I ain't got any. da you?" Jacob chuckles a bit as he walks over to the other Guard and tried to read whatever was left. "You ain't kiddin'. All I see 'ere is...let's see 'ere...enter past...pure heart...a child? An' I thought Hylians were bad 'bout cryptic bullshit."

Jacob turns and walks up the stairs walking up to the Armos Statues. Jacob swings his sword hitting the statue. As Jacob's sword makes contact the statue comes to life and lunges towards Jacob. "Contacts!"
  12. samusbot

samusbot Member new

Seeing Jacob approach an Armos Statue, Korean pulls out his longbow and quickly preps two bomb arrows.

"Contacts!"

"Get clear!" Waiting barely a moment Kieran fires off the first bomb arrow at the active Armos. As intended, the arrow exploded on contact and sent the Armos into it's death. "You alright Jacob?"
  13. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Get clear!"

Jacob's eyes widen as he hears the arrow fly and the lit bomb on the arrow. As quick as he can Jacob brings the shield in front of him and it takes most of the blast, but Jacob is still blown back a bit.

"You alright Jacob?"

"Been better. Next time don't use bombs on somethin' right in front of me understand?" Jacob orders in a voice that is not really mad, but not happy either. "Go ahead an' take out tha other one while I'm 'ere if yer gonna do that again."
  14. samusbot

samusbot Member new

"...Sorry. It won't happen again." Kieran turned toward the remaining Statue and fired off the second bomb arrow.

*Boom*

Kieran looked at the two paths branching off from the room. On the left there was only a small tunnel at the base of the wall, large enough for a kid to pass through, and on the right was a large block with a crescent moon filling the path. "What the hell!?! How are we supposed to get past THAT?"
  15. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob looks at the block for a little bit. "Hm. I don't know." He sets his shield and sword down propped against the wall as he tries to push the large block. Jacob heaves and heaves, but can only move the block an inch or two. Breathing heavily Jacob says to himself and to Kieran. "Stubborn...bastard...gimme...some...help...will ya?" Jacob starts to push on the block again waiting for Kieran to help him. Jacob wasn't about to let a block stand in the way of him and his mission.
  16. samusbot

samusbot Member new

Kieran approached the block and synchronized his pushes with Jacob's. Working together, the block inched forward at a agonizingly slow pace. After a minute of this work, the block inexplicably dropped into the ground. Surprized, Kieran fell forward onto it, barely stopping himself from injuring himself.

Breathing heavily, Kieran regained his footing. "Huff... That was tough!" Kieran shortly recovered his breath. "Okay, I'm ready to move"
  17. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob still pants resting his hands on his knees. "Gimmie...a...break...I'm...an...old...man...yeah?" Jacob stands up still breathing hard a bit Jacob stands up and walks back to retrieve his sword and shield. His breathing returns to normal as he gets back to Kieran. "I ain't worked that hard in...hell I don't even know how long."

Jacob walks into the next room. It is circular with a Beamos statue in the middle and some floating silver Rupees around the room spinning slowly in place. "Tha hell?" Jacob walks over to the closest one. As his hand touches it a weird chime sounds and the rupee disappears. "Uhh..." Jacob is very confused and his face shows it.

(Can't quite remember if this is the room with that, but never said we have to exactly follow the dungeon from the game right? :haa:)
  18. samusbot

samusbot Member new

"Uhh..."

Kieran walks to another another Silver Rupee and lays his hand on it. Like before it disappeared on contact and the strange chime sounds out, though at a slightly higher pitch. "Huh. Maybe they do something one they are all collected?"

Kieran starts walking to the other end of the room toward another Silver Rupee, completely oblivious to the direction of the Beamos' gaze.
  19. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob notices Kieran walking directly into the gaze of a Beamos. "O'Halley eyes up!" The Beamos' eye turns to Kieran and blinks readying to fire as Jacob pulls a bomb out of his Bomb Bag and throws it. The Beamos prepares to fire it's eye lazer as the bomb Jacob threw hits it causing the body to explode launching the eye into the air. The eye hits the ground a few feet away from where the body was before exploding itself.

"O'Halley. Sitrep. You okay?" Jacob runs over to the other Hylian his shield ready for anything else.
  20. samusbot

samusbot Member new

"O'Halley, eyes up!"

Kieran's attention returns to his surroundings, particularly the highly unerving sounds of a Beamos preparing to fire! He quickly jumps around with shield at the ready, bracing for the inevitable impact of the laser. Instead of a Beamos' laser, he is completely knocked off his feet by the explosion of a bomb.

O'Halley. Sitrep. You okay?"

Kieran is dazed from the expolsion and doesn't respond for a few seconds. "I think I'll be alright... Just give me second." He spends another few seconds lying the ground before rolling over onto his arms and legs, grabbing his shield as he stands up again. "If this keeps up we're going to end up blowing each other up before the hour's out!" Kieran notices a new Silver Rupee floating in place were the Beamos used to lay. "Huh."