Smash Bros. Exchange Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doc Genz, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    We've seen Brawl's online come and go. But now after a lengthy wait, we will finally have a new Smash Bros. online scene. What better than to have one for HC, a small but devoted Nintendo fanbase nonetheless.

Hyrule Castle Super Smash Bros. Exchange Thread

Post in the thread first with the following info and I will add you to our list! Preferred playstyles (for fun, glory) will make it easier for members to seek out opponents. Maybe you even like both!

(Check back at a later date, we might link this thread to a competition, ladder, etc.)

Username: Friend Code
    Mains, For Fun/For Glory/Both

List of participating smash siblings:
    Lightascetic: 4570-9352-1148
    Peach! No items.

Doc Genz: 4081-5508-8152 Wii U: dr.genzo
    Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Wario. For Fun and For Glory.

Blonde Panther: 4270-0958-9582
    Marth, Lucina. For Fun and For Glory.

Double_r111: 2578-3975-1403
    Palutena, Robin, Dedede, Link. Anything goes.

Guy: 3DS: 0877-0665-3997 Wii U: DekuSamurai
    Mario. For Glory & For Fun.

SenpaiPancake: 4227-1220-9555
    Mr. Game & Watch. Both For Fun and For Glory.

WillowtheWhisp: 3239-3393-6898
    Link. Fun & Glory, but I don't generally like items in 1v1, so more Glory if it's 1v1.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  2. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Shit.
    Yes.

I'm terrible at these kinds of games but what the hell, if it's amongst friends I can take the losses.

Blonde Panther: 4270-0958-9582
    Marth, probably by proxy Lucina, may add more in the future. For Fun only.
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

This is the sequel to the only game I've played over 2000 hours, so, I expect to be smashing constantly after its release. Feel free to hit me up whenever, because I'll probably be willing to play if I'm able to play.

I thought For Fun & For Glory were only for "With Anyone" matches? Well, I'll do either. My preference is For Glory, but eh, items can be fun.

I don't know who my main will be. I'll probably bounce around between a lot of characters, anyway.

Guy: 0877-0665-3997
    Unknown main, For Glory & For Fun.
  4. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    It's more that for fun and for glory are now canonically recognized playstyles, so it's a quick way to say "I'll only play with you no items, omega stage, stock" or any other combination of competitive nuance. Saying you'll play for fun likewise implies you're fine with items, stage hazards, etc. It will help us pick opponents in this thread in the long run.

I'm okay with either, of course. My current favorite stages are Magicant and Ω Flat Zone 2. I also have 9 mains. . . You can expect anything when you play with me.
  5. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

Yay Smash :tpr:

I'm cool with either For Fun or For Glory, and my main is, as always, MR. GAME AND WATCH! I also hope to main Lucina, Robin and ZSS, but it depends on how well I manage to play them when I get Smash.

SenpaiPancake: 4227-1220-9555
    Mr. Game and Watch for now, both For Fun and For Glory
  6. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    3239-3393-6898

Fun & Glory, but I don't generally like items in 1v1, so more Glory if it's 1v1.

Link is a potential main, but for now, things are pretty up in the air.
  7. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Question of curiosity: Will there be a separate thread for the Wii U version? Or are too few people on this site getting that one to justify a thread?

Also, confirming that Marth is my main and Lucina is right behind him. I have like nine or ten others that I can use to some degree but not to the point where I would call them mains.
  8. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Considering how insanely active this thread is, we might as well use it for both.

So far at least, Mario appears to be my best fighter. I guess you could call him my main, but, I bounce around between about 40 different characters anyway. U:
  9. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Changing my rules preference to For Fun and For Glory. The latter's grown on me.
  10. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

Squee: Light returns!

And he's here with a friend code and stuff:

4570-9352-1148

My main is Peach (as if you couldn't tell from my avatar), but I also dabble with Zelda. Fun and glory are fun and glorious, too! Not keen on items, though, unless it's super casual stuffs, like trying out new characters =)
  11. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Double's back too! I'll go for fun and for glory. And my mains are Palutena, Dedede, Robin, and Link. I also dabble in Jigglypuff in what started as a gag character, but since has actually become one of my better characters. Don't include that as a main though.

My friend code is 2578-3975-1403
  12. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Give old genzo a second as we edit all that in.
  13. Saria

Saria Severely Acute Radical Syndrome reg

tfw no smash bros

[​IMG]
  14. Guy

Guy Admin admin

So, unless Genzo declares otherwise, I guess we're using this for the Wii U version as well? I'm the special sort of obsessive loser who has both versions--and would probably buy a third of they made it.

It seems to use Nintendo Network IDs. Mine is DekuSamurai. I have the same preferences/mains, of course.

(I still haven't been able to get my hands on a GameCube Controller Adapter. :tpr:)
  15. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    We have our first volunteer! Wii U version is "a go."