Shadow Clone

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Devil-Steel, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

Shadow Clone is a major treasure, and essentially a courage variant of Ring of Deuce. Key differences are if the shadow clone is killed, nothing happens to the caster other than absorbing any knowledge or experience the clone gained during its time alive, the shadow clone is much easier to defeat than the copy create by ring of deuce (any physical injuring being enough to get rid of it), the shadow clone does not gain a copy of magical treasures held by the creator, but can use spells/techniques known by the creator.

Maybe create an augment Multi for it increasing the number of clones from one to say....three? but that limits it to the once per quest without consuming a green potion/magic power levels.
  2. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    I like that you didn't include copies of magical items, that's a balancing issue that could get ridiculous if left unchecked. Having three clones is also a good hard cap, so I approve of it being the augment. We have references to a lot of media on this RP, so I approve of making it similar to Naruto although we may want to change the name of the technique. That said we have "Fusion Earrings" so there's no precedent for absolutely having to rename it. I'd leave that detail up for discussion.
  3. Devil-Steel

I think that we may also need to add that they can't use major spells/techniques now that i've read your response. 4 mages launching Din's Lance all at once would be overkill.
  4. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Yeah now that you mention majors, I think a more fitting restriction would be to have all clones take from the same magic pool. That also rewards people for taking multiple levels of magic power because then they can channel multiple casts through more clones. It might be something to think about.
  5. Devil-Steel

That's a good idea as well.
  6. Devil-Steel

{Major Utility Spell} Fields: {Summon} Price = C {Higher Cost}
    Summon Clone is a summoning spell, which can be cast by channeling a users magic for a moment before making some form of gesture or pose. Upon casting an exact clone of the caster will appear within arm's reach of the caster. This clone will be lacking any physical treasures held by the caster, but will be able to use any spells or techniques known by the caster. The use of these spells and techniques by this clone share restrictions with the caster, and the clone is unable to cast any known summoning spells itself.

The Clone will remain until it dies, or the caster dismisses it, at which point it will immediately vanish. Once the clone vanishes for any reason other than dismissal, the caster cannot summon another one to replace its specific slot for at least 1 minute. This does not prevent the caster from summoning more Clones if he would otherwise be able, nor does it prevent him in any way from summoning other creatures.

You always have at least one summon level. The number of summon levels you have represents how many summoned creatures you can simultaneously maintain. A summoned Clone occupies one summon level, until it dies or is dismissed. In this way, the Clone "fills" one of your summon levels. While your summon levels are completely filled in this way, you cannot summon any more creatures. You can gain more summon levels through the Summon Power treasure.