Quick Question

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Knight_of_G, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

I've been wondering. Assume a Hylian male and a Gerudo woman had a child together. Is there any chance at all for the child to not be a Gerudo? If so, is it possible to have a half-Gerudo?
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

That'd be a normal Gerudo baby. Gerudo only get one male born to them every century, so they have to mate with Hylian men to have their babies. Gerudo blood must be more dominant than Hylian, otherwise the race would have died out long since.

Does that help?
  3. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Yeah, unless we made the distinction between Hylian and Human, I don't think there's really any racial combination that you could get a half-breed from. Quill's right that the Gerudo gene is considered the dominant one, so when they have their babies they, presumably, all turn out as "Gerudo." Besides just the Gerudo, though, I don't think I'd be comfortable any other multi-racial breeding. You wouldn't see a half-Rito, half-Hylian, for example. Unless we add more races, purebloods will probably be all you find in Hyrule.
  4. Quill

Ribs. You just ruined my plans for a Goron/Zora mix with a dash of Rito ancestry (for the wings). Seriously, wibs, watchu doin? :/
  5. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

QFT. There go half my character ideas.

Essentially what I was going for was sisters that were a hylian and a gerudo child. Now, I understand that I could do so with a Hylian who'd had a daughter before and a gerudo who'd had a daughter before getting hitched, but that wouldn't work the same way. And a gerudo just wouldn't be the same.

Anyway, that's my question answered, thanks a bunch.
  6. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Actually, I have another one. The Gerudo Dragon ability. Can it be learned by another race provided that race has been in contact with a Gerudo warrior/Gerudo warriors since childhood?
  7. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

According to its entry, for another race to learn the Gerudo Dragon, they need to be a Gerudo themselves at the same time, and the treasure acquired normally like you would any other treasure.
  8. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

So, that's a no, then.
  9. Ribitta

Yeah, if you wanted to get it in character creation. There is, actually, one other option for the Gerudo Dragon...

viewtopic.php?f=159&t=1175

If you feel inclined to roleplay in those parameters
  10. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Oh, good, I didn't think to hope that one was still active. Well, should be fun.
  11. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Wait, that one is still active?! We can still do that?! Count me in KoG!
  12. Quill

They're ALL still active :tpr:
  13. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Consider placing those threads in the Quest Bureau. That's where I go when I'm looking for RPs.
  14. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Once she's accepted I'll put it up in a second.
  15. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    The only reason there hasn't been an update in so long is because no one's done anything to require an update. There's no where for the plot to go until people start participating, which I've been trying to encourage since it started but was met with many harsh words.

That said, I'd love to have Lucian participate in a thread or two with Lysis when he gets posted and accepted as well.
  16. Ribitta

That's a good point. I've relocated the Current Events subforum