Post Counts and the Forum Games Section

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Double_r111, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Lets face it, the vast majority of posts in the forum games section aren't anything of real substance. I've seen other forums online where posts in game sections don''t count and I'd like to propose we do that here.

Don't get me wrong, I like the games subforum as much as the next guy, heck, it was where I made the post that boosted me up to leever. However, you have to admit, most posts there lack substance, and while good for some quick fun, also artificially inflate post counts very easily. By not counting posts from there, we'd prevent that inflation of post count, which would go up mainly for posts in actual discussion subforums, and we'd still have the fun of the forum games. What do others think of the idea?
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    It is a very good idea that is worth looking into imo.
  3. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

The only issue, I think, is whether we can make the post count exclude that forum. I don't know how the forums work, but hopefully Adad can pull it off.
  4. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

Right, I just set it to no longer increment post count in those forums for all groups. Could someone go test that and make sure it works correctly? I somehow lost the password to the host so I can't go in and run the MySQL snippet to go through and resync people's posts counts but that should be happening soon.
  5. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

I posted in the thread, and my post count stayed the same, so it should be working correctly.
  6. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

This may be a problem with the new forum software, but I think posts in the forum games section are being integrated into the total post count once again.