Pokemon X and Y

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bitoko, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

2. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

I'm not going to lie, I feel like this is too early for gen VI. Maybe it's just me, but it still feels like gen V is too young to already end. I would have preferred if the announcement was something like a remake or something else in gen V. I get the reasoning from a business standpoint (Bringing the main series to 3DS), but it still feels too early to me.

Don't let my complaining make you think that I'm not excited though. I'm really excited for these games. They look really great. I'm just being grumpy and complaining about stuff :tpr: .
  3. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Well Gen 1 was released in 98 (NA) and then Gen 2 in 2000. Then Gen 3 in '03 and gen four in '06. Really Five was the odd one out waiting 5 years to release in '11. Now in '13 its back to a more traditional time frame so I think it fits just fine. Unless, of course, some of you are too young to have been around for the Gen 1 and 2 releases (meaning being old enough to enjoy them when they arrived).
  4. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

I really liked how 3D turned out in Pokemon Coliseum, so I'm interested in seeing how it goes. A new hoard of Pokemon is always a little disappointing to me, though.
  5. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I love Pokemon C. If this is like that, I'm definitely interested.
  6. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I'm very afraid they're milking the series out. Black 2 and White 2 was too soon for me, but what the heck- I'm getting a 3DS anyway, I might as well follow the news on this one. I must say the quadrupedal presumed legendary pokemon looks awesome, and it appears we finally have a good-looking Fire starter again, too.
  7. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

YES! The fire starter!

The fire starter is something I've been paying attention to. I really hope they don't mess this up somehow with the evolutions, because it may very well end up being the first time the fire starter is my favorite starter. It might have some competition from Chespin depending on how the evolutions go though. I didn't like Froakie from the second I saw it, and unless they pull off a miracle with the evolutions, I don't see that changing.
  8. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

> implying the Charmander line isn't the best fire starter.
  9. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Valid point, but after Chimchar and Tepig, this one doesn't look anywhere near as bad.
  10. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

@ BP

What went on other the hood here was that Black 2 and White 2 were pretty much just pure milking done by a side team in Gamefreak, being incredibly cheap to make. Meanwhile, ever since they got the 3DS development kit, they've been working on this project. This plus the gap between Black and white sort of plays with people's heads into seeing the space between releases differently, the gap between Black and White to X and Y is an acceptable length looking back on the normal gaps between generations.

Now, on the starters, I find the Fire type probably the most generic and bland fire starter other than Charmander, though I can't fault charmander. The fighting type crazy was silly, but they weren't bland in how they looked. I will probably like it as it evolves, but these are probably the best starters yet in despite of Fennekin. Otherwise it doesn't settle me that it's Budging it's way in to Eevee's and Vulpix's space as a fennec and a firetype fox, then there's Zoroark as a Trickster fox, I really can't see Fennekin as anything special right now.

Chespin is adorable, and BenFroaklin, otherwise known as Froakie, is probably has the most potential, as well as looking like the most serious fighter of the three base form pokemon.
  11. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

I think Gen 6 looks super cool. I loved Gen 5 and BW2. I'm not all nitpicky like some Pokémon fans (I'm not referring to anybody on this website) and I love each gen equally for what they introduced.

Too bad I don't own a 3ds. P:
  12. Zoraman

Zoraman New Member new

The only complaint I have at Pokemon as a hole is that Legendary means nothing. I'm 19 and love pokemon with BW2 being black sheeps in white bunch, they seemed just like a rehashed Black and White and it felt like it had no soul behind it.

Now when I saw Gen VI I wasn't to invested until they released 'A new Pokemon with a familiar look' that got my intrest because it looks like Mewtwo, and I remember when Mewtwo was new. I've played at least 1 game from every Gen and now I can say I hope X&Y don't disapoint me.
  13. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

So, guys, they just announced a bunch of new pokemon

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

According to Serebii, the bear is a fighting type called yamchan (All of these Japanese names of course), the bird is called yayakoma and is a normal/flying (I did NOT see that coming!), the goat is called Gogoat, giving it one of the best names in pokemon, and is a grass type, and the weird lizard dog thing is an electric/normal type named Elikiteru.

So, what do you guys think? Personally, my favorite of the 4 announced is currently yamchan (Although evolutions may easily change that), and Gogoat is a close second. I like Yayakoma a lot too though. And Elikiteru is... Interesting to say the least.
  14. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Serebii also says that you can supposedly ride Gogoat around like a bike.
  15. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

I forgot to mention that, but I saw it. It looks really cool! I wonder how the riding is going to be.

Wait. I just had an idea. What if the riding thing is a new HM! Like instead of a bike we ride our pokemon with this HM! (Or maybe if not for speed riding like a bike, riding for some other purpose) That would be awesome.
  16. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

I kinda like the goat, though I feel it looks a bit similar to that deer pokemon from last generation.

The other, huh, I guess they look okay, except for the panda. I really don't like it, it just looks so lame to me. D:

Also, I saw there's going to be some sort of customisation option for your trainer? It'd be pretty rad if they went with that.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
  17. frigis

frigis New Member new

Honestly I hope HM's are removed from the game. Instead just have TM's teach the HM moves and have certain moves generally have out of battle use. Instead of coming across a bush and only being allowed to use cut to clear it, maybe be allowed to use any cutting move such as fury cutter or slash. It would allow your pokemon team to have more move variety and you wouldn't be forced to have HM slaves anymore and you aren't stuck with HM moves being semi-permanent on your move list.
  18. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

That's... A really cool idea actually. I'd be in full support of that.
  19. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    I almost always like the grass starter.... even though they are a pain in the ass because most hit like a wet noodle... I do like Chespin though. He's kinda cute, and seems like he could have some cool evos. Froakie and Fennekin are decent looking too, I guess. But I happened on this disturbing comic of fennekin, lol.

[​IMG]
  20. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Good news! English names have been announced for the recently announced pokemon, as well as a few other details!

Gogoat is remaining Gogoat. I'm very happy with them for keeping it the same. I was worried they'd change it to something considerably less awesome. Anyways, Elikiteru is called Helioptile, which is a cool name for a not cool pokemon (Seriously, just look at the thing!). Yayakoma will be called Fletchling. Yeah, I don't have any comments on that one. And finally, Yancham will be known as Pancham. Yeah again, not much to say here.

On top of that, rollerblades appear to be in the game, though it's not known whether they serve a purpose, or are just an accessory. Some details on trainer customization were announced (Just info on presets so far)

They also released a picture and a bit of info on the region which I will make a spoiler to avoid giving spoilers to people who may not want them.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

The suspiciously France shaped region will be known as Kalos, and the English name of Miare city will be Luminose City.

While I'm at it, it's also been confirmed you can pick up new outfits and accessories for your trainer too. They also announced English names for a couple moves, but there are lots of those and I never have much interest in finding out about moves beforehand so anyone who wants to know that can look it up.