Petition to raise the maximum number of rupees per quest.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Razgriz, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

The current limit on per quest rewards seems a little low, especially in light of the sudden interest in the demon slayer quest. This effectively limits the number of people to a quest to 4, as few people want to compromise or forfeit rewards for characters. This is especially true under the current limits as 3 players playing a combined total of 8 characters, so the limit doesn't really seem to limit characters so much as players in a specific quest. This change to the rules has been implied by several players and listed as a viable option by Quill. My suggestion would be to raise the limit to 300 or a little over that. That way 6 people could participate and receive the full reward for it, some could even play 2 or 3 characters (though I'd say any more than 6 would slow the posting on the thread considerably).

For clarity, this is to change the group rupee limit, and wouldn't affect the per player maximum or the number of rupees received per character/player.

Please post your opinion in a reply as well as any additional thoughts.
  2. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Re: Petition to raise the maximum number of rupees per quest

First off newbies don't have lesser say than anyone. HC is a great community where the staff actually listens.

My personal opinions on the system is probably a controversial one. I personally don't feel like you should just get a guaranteed 50 rupees regardless what you do on the quest. What is the incentive for me to write in long paragraphs with proper grammar and tell an intuitive story when I can get the same rewards for doing the bare minimum.

I feel like the mods should use discretion in their rewards with maybe having a bare minimum you can make, for doing the bare minimum.

Personally I don't understand why the 200 rupee max is in order. If I have 20 characters and Tsu has 20 characters and we throw them all into a thread together because we are cynical SOB's we should reap the full rewards of the characters not some preset limit that is only there to deter creativity with large parties.
  3. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

First off; I did not "outright recommend" this, I only listed this as an available option. :P

But, it's good that you're asking questions. It's much, much better than simply saying, "oh, that's the way it is," and moving on. Only through close examination can the rules improve, after all. I would say through fire, but we're on the Internet. Fire springing forth from my computer would be scary :O

Second, everyone's opinion is respected. Your position doesn't automatically make your opinion correct/incorrect; all facts, evidence, and related details will be noted, regardless of position. It's just that the Moderators have the final word, that's all. Assuming Toko doesn't step in, of course. Then he would have the final word :P Besides, the only non-Moderator Veteran (who's actually active) is Guy. And he's... well, Guy :tpr:

The reason for this rule, I believe, is to prevent a group of people from RP'ing a quest, and then pooling their earned rupees to buy one, singular treasure. This happening is highly unlikely; they could split into multiple RP's first to gather the rupees, then pool them later, and besides; what in the Library costs over the 200 rupee limit? Only two things that I can think of. The Great Deku Flying Machine of Guy's, which isn't actually in the Library yet, but which he's actively saving for (or so I've been told by a third party), and the Major Treasures' P/W/C 1 cost.

So, it doesn't seem that this line of reasoning is particularly strong. However, it is perfectly possible for there to be another reason that I have overlooked, or I could have missed relevant facts with this reason, or I could just be plain wrong. It has happened before, and it will happen again.

Anyone who has anything to add, please do.

EDIT: To Chaos' post. First off, doing so would mean that we, the Mods, would be rewarding rupees based off skill level. That's a pretty big change, and one that probably deserves its own thread. Second, creating good, long, beautiful sentences should be your incentive in and of itself, not any amount of rupees. Third, if we do that, we'd give rupees at the end of quests, and you'd actually have to buy a treasure at the next thread. Which is not really that big of a deal, it'd just take some adjusting to.

Also, Chaos, please don't make assumptions without proof. Saying that a rule is only there to do something negative is most likely not true; rules are not generally present to give people a hard time. There is almost always a reason behind the rule. We must simply wait to hear what that reason is, and then make a well informed, intuitive, rational decision, based on the facts.
  4. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898

FYI, Quill, it has been several months since Guy has been active, and this honestly won't be changing any time soon.

Anyways, I'm honestly fine with this change. I'm pretty sure that 200 rupee cap was put there so that a) we wouldn't have a billion people in a single thread, which would honestly make it pretty easy and b) that we wouldn't have threads with a lot of people that never finished, since it gets more difficult to finish a thread the more people there are within it. If you guys feel like you guys can finish a quest with 6 people, then the more power to you.
  5. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick

(I think the only feasible roadblock to the completion of this quest is myself considering the posting rates of everyone else)

(but I'm practically done with my post so what do I know)
  6. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

I actually have completely different reasons to write here. A). I like the community. and B). I wish to improve as a writer. But I've wondered several times what the point was for me to write when I am getting the same rewards as someone who writes a sentence or two or someone who writes an essay(*coughWILLOWcough*) :p (But besides the point lets get to the point at hand)

I was a mod once I know what it is used for and in my opinion what I said was correct and factual.

I said it was only there to deter creativity with large parties. We as roleplayers are deterred from having large parties which is inevitably cutting back on our creativity. Since it is taboo to have more than theoretically four people in a thread my creativity is limited only to what I can imagine with these four people at a time.

I'm not stupid and I know the original point is not to do the above but it was the option that looked best when the rules were made. They didn't want to limit us to only four people a thread because they wanted everything open. But I feel like as few times as anyone actually wants a party over 6 it should be allowed.

So don't get me wrong I understand the reasoning behind the rupee cut. I just feel like it is cramping our ability to tell the stories we want to.

While we are doing the limits on groups. lets talk about limits on characters. A player gets a reward of 40 rupees and each character gets 10 rupees their after. I LOVE this. It was well written, understandable and great.. However it also has a max of 80 rupees. I personally don't roleplay with my characters together too often but I did have plans of an entire family that would travel together. The 80 rupee limit doesn't kill my idea because I could figure out a way around it but it would be a more optimal experience if they could all roleplay together with each getting an extra ten rupees. :U

This I personally think fits into the topic since they are both max on rupees. I can see the reason for them to be there. To make roleplaying more enjoyable to everyone that you roleplay with. Example. I may be roleplaying with Quill and he may hate that I have seven characters and may make it confusing. Well I understand that but an easier way to deter from that is to let the roleplayers decide how many characters each person can use.
  7. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

First post edited for correctness and clarity.
  8. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

So, Will, what's your final verdict? I know that you said that we could, but it'd be nice if you gave a definite answer. I mean, is the rupee cap rule waived for this thread, is it eliminated completely, is there some sort of revision that you'd like to make, or should we just not follow the rule? I mean, I would list the option of appealing to a higher power, but with Guy and Toko inactive, you're the highest here .:U

So, Will, what do we do?
  9. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898

The rupee limit is waived for this thread. I'm going to leave doing these kinds of things up to the grading staff member; it should be fairly common sense if this should be allowed. Obviously, trying to abuse this should not fly; conversely, people who are active, good members, should have the limit waived, as judged by a staff member.

To supplement this, I'll edit the rupee thread with a note along the lines of "If you want to have more than (x) number of people in your thread, please have a moderator check and approve your quest before actually doing it".