One Hell of a Party (U5 + Squish)

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Squishy, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Lamont sighed, carving another stick-figure in the table with his dagger. He was, again, in desperate need of money. Right now he was wasting his last rupees on drinks. Or rather, had already wasted his last ones, he realized when he counted the empty mugs on the table. The waitress wasn't going to be happy when she'd return...

He tossed his dagger aside, burying his face in his hands and groaned. The alcohol was giving him a headache, and his worries about money and his impending doom at the hands of the angry waitress didn't help anything at all.

He needed a plan, and he needed it fast.

The first step would be getting out of the inn unseen before the waitress returned. Which was already going to be a problem, especially when a large shadow loomed over Lamont.

"And what have you been doing, mister?"

Lamont gulped loudly and turned to look at the gigantic woman towering over him, face turning white as a sheet.

"I- uh, well... I'm-" He stammered, eyes darting around the inn, searching for the quickest escape route. "I'M GONNA RUN!" He screamed, jumping out of his chair, over the table and ran straight out of the door, all the while being chased by the now fuming waitress.

"GET YOUR SORRY ASS BACK HERE, THIEF!"
  2. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Relerin walks through the streets of Hyrule Castle Town not really doing anything or thinking of doing anything. Suddenly a paper smacks Relerin in the face knocking the necromancer back a step. Peeling the paper off his face Relerin sees that the paper is for a party in the Noble Estates. All these rich people gathering to look at some other rich person's collection. Something caught Ba'al's attention very quickly. A picture of a very jagged orange crystal.

The pentagram in Relerin's right eye flashes and Ba'al starts speaking through Relerin. "A Hell Stone? Here? How did a filthy Hylian get his hands on one of those?"

Relerin's eye flashes again. "A Hell Stone? What is that?"

"A Hell Stone, Whelp, is a discarded...well you Hylians would call it a claw from a Demonkind. It is said to have vast power of whatever Demonkind it came from. Whelp. You are going to crash a party."

"B-but...I do not wish to Ba'al. I am trying to NOT be hated by everyone I meet...well almost everyone the point is I'm not going to crash a party and steal from the Noble Estates."

At about this time Relerin hears a woman shouting, "GET YOUR SORRY ASS BACK HERE, THIEF!" A man runs past Relerin. In the split second that the man is beside Relerin Ba'al moves Relerin's staff to trip up the man. "Ba'al!" Relerin turns to the woman who was chasing the man. Holding his arms out in front of him Relerin tries to stop the woman. "Excuse me ma'am, but you look like you work at that inn over there. What did this man steal? If possible I will pay for it." Relerin digs some rupees out of his bag and holds them up to the woman.
  3. Squishy

Everything happened very fast. One moment Lamont was running for his life from the fuming barmaid, the next he was on the ground spitting out a mouthful of dust and dirt, looking up at a small kid. He stared at him in disbelief when he offered to pay his debts, but when he tried to protest he could only cough and spit out more dirt.

The barmaid eyed the kid suspiciously, trying to judge if it was a scam or not. But when he took out a bag of rupees her eyes lit up.

Well then, if you’re sure.” She muttered, and said an amount of rupees that was significantly higher than what Lamont really owed her. But somehow it didn’t seem wise to go against that now, he didn’t want to be chased around town again.

After the woman was gone Lamont declared the streets safe again and got up, wiping his mouth and holding out a hand to the kid.

“Uh, thanks… Now I guess I owe you all that money.” He laughed a little nervously. “Problem is, I don’t have any… So, uh, I’ll have to repay you in some other way.”

Then he noticed the paper in the boy’s hand.

“Oh? What’s this?” He snatched it from his hand and studied it. “A treasure? Wait- …a treasure on display! Oh man, with this I could pay off all my debts and-” He side-eyed the child and laughed again. “Well i- it’s not like I’m planning to steal it or anything, you know. I mean, I’m not… Oh for Din’s sake. Look kid, I’m dirt poor at the moment, and this,” He held up the paper. “is my ticket out of this mess. Even only one of those shinies’ll solve all my problems. I get one of them, you get your money back. Double the amount I owe you. I promise.”
  4. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Relerin slips the few Rupees he has left back into his bag as the man takes the paper from his hand. Relerin simply watches and listens as the man talks of robbing people at the party. Relerin opens his mouth to protest the man's decision as the pentagram in his eye flashes and Ba'al makes Relerin's mouth curve into an evil smile.

"So you are planning to rob the patrons of this party? Well maybe I should inform my mother, Lieutenant Summer of the Castle Town Guard, about your plans hm?" Ba'al turns Relerin away and begins to walk before stopping and saying back to the man. "Unless...you help me get something I need. The main display. The orange crystal, not that you'd know anything about it. It is very important to me and my...research. Get me in and get me that stone then I won't turn you in to my mother." Ba'al turns Relerin back around and walks back over to the man. "You will still have to pay me back though...times two and a half. Do we have a deal...Hylian?" Ba'al smiles a very large very evil grin and extends a hand.
  5. Squishy

The sudden change in the boy’s expression and voice was unsettling, making Lamont shiver in fear. What the hell was up with this kid? Then he heard the ‘deal’…

“I beg your pardon?! Times two and a half?! That’s ridiculous!” He shut his mouth, thinking about the mother the boy had mentioned. “Well, you’re not going to give me a chance to negotiate with you, are you? Just don’t turn me in to any guard… please?” He added in a squeaky voice. No matter how much he wanted to protest, it seemed wiser to just go along. Whatever was up with the kid, it gave him the creeps. “I’ll get that crystal, whatever you need it for, and pay you back, then we’ll part ways and we’ll all forget this ever happened, alright?”

He shook the boy’s hand. Something seemed terribly wrong about the boy calling him ‘Hylian’, as if he himself wasn’t one, but he quickly shook it off. He would focus on the mission, get the loot, and then get the hell out of town and onto the sea again.

“My name’s Lamont. Lamont Liesmith. …And you are?”
  6. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Good choice taking my deal. My name? You may refer to me as..." As Lamont shook Relerin's hand his eye flashed again as Relerin spoke.

"Ba'al! I said I would have no part in...Gah!" Relerin lets go of Lamont's hand and clutches his head as Ba'al gives Relerin a massive headache and yells at him inside his own head. "N-no Ba'al...gah!" Relerin falls to his knees clutching his head tightly. "Ba'al...stop...please...I'll...I'll do it." Relerin instantly looks to be better as Ba'al stops his yelling. Relerin collects himself, stands up and dusts himself off. "I am Relerin...Relerin Ba'al. It is a pleasure to meet you Mr. Liesmith."
  7. Squishy

Lamont did not have a good feel about the kid. As soon as he grabbed his hand he suddenly grabbed his head and started talking to himself, or to someone invisible. Nonetheless, the creepy-vibes were getting a little too intense for Lamont and he took a step backwards, letting the kid fight with himself before he stood up and dusted himself off.

“Oh please, don’t ‘mister’ me! It makes me feel horribly old! Just Lamont’ll do the trick.” He tried to say it with a smile but somehow it came out a little strained.

He did not like the kid. First he had tripped him up, then threatened to turn him in to the guards and then forced him into a deal he didn’t like at all and which any sane person would’ve turned down. But for now, Lamont was stuck with him.

“So, uh, Relerin. I suppose we should start making plans for the party tonight. Do you know the place where it’s held? Not to mention we should get some fancy clothes to get in, I doubt they let me in like this.” He gestured at his ragged clothes, which were in desperate need of a wash.
  8. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Okay Mis...er Lamont. Right. Well my robes are a bit fancy, so I might be able to get in. You...hm...hold on a second please." Relerin takes off his back pack and sets it on the ground in front of him. He opens the bag and looks inside. "I know it's here somewhere. Where is it? No that's not it. No not that. What the? An octopus? No that's not it either." Relerin is digging through his bag. "Found it!" Relerin pulls out a nice looking black three piece suit from his bag. "For some reason a one Harry Massey was weeks late on picking up his suit. Not quite sure why I have it again, but maybe it'll fit you." Relerin offers the suit to Lamont.

"I am terribly sorry Ba'al has gotten you into a horrible deal like that. That is not very fair at all, but that is what you get with demons. Oh dear...did I say that out loud? That is not going to help my case at all."
  9. Squishy

Lamont had accepted the suit with a quiet thank you, letting the fabric slip through his fingers. He was amazed by the fineness of the fabric, in all his life he had only worn coarse cotton, tough leather and scratchy wool, but the soft silk was something completely new. He had to try his hardest not to giggle like a child and immediately put on the suit. Stripping down in public didn’t seem like a very good idea.

He hesitated a bit in reacting to Relerin’s apology. Just now he had forced him into one of the most unfair deals he had ever heard of, and now he was apologizing to him. The fact he talked about that Ba’al as if he was a completely different person and the mentioning of demons didn’t make it any less weird and creepy.

“Hey, Relerin, not to sound weird… But, uh, are you two different people or something? Who or what is this Ba’al?”
  10. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Relerin looks a little hesitant. "Well...Ba'al has roped you into this deal, so I suppose I can tell you..." Relerin sighs digging through his bag again and pulling out a book. The book has a black cover with orange runes that are unrecognizable. Relerin opens the book and flips through the pages until stopping on one and shows the page to Lamont. "Ba'al also known as Death Demon Lord Ba'al was once the head Death Demon in Hell. When I was but one year old my parents were killed and I was supposed to be a sacrifice to Ba'al. The Town Guards, under the command of my adoptive mother Lieutenant Summer, stopped the summoning as Ba'al was halfway in our world. The half that was already here was transferred into me. Yes Ba'al is another person. I am not one person, but two."

The page in the book shows a terrifying picture of a demon tearing people apart and explains who Ba'al is. It is very detailed about Ba'al and his demons telling about their physiology, their social hierarchy, and even their place in Hell's Hierarchy. The book is extremely detailed and seems to be like it wan't meant for Hylian reading.
  11. Squishy

“I had no idea those stories were real. I thought parents told their children that to keep them well-behaved. But I guess that makes us both a bit of an outcast, huh?” He smiled at Relerin, feeling a little sorry for him. It had to be hard to live with someone else in your head.

“So, anyways, why don’t we go see if we can find an inn that won’t kick me out or whose staff won’t attack me on sight, so I can get dressed and we can plot our plans for tonight?”

He started walking again, gesturing for Relerin to follow.

“Do you have any idea if they have a guest list? Or perhaps if the building has a backdoor? We need to know what the building and the surrounding grounds look like if we want to walk around unseen. And the number of guards and where they’re stationed.” Lamont went on and on, listing everything they had to check or know before they could even get near the party.
  12. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Relerin almost drops the book in shock. "Y-you are an outcast too? But you look normal and don't have a demon inside you. You aren't just saying that are you? D-do you genuinely know what it's like to be hated by everyone just because of something you could not control? To be mocked, ridiculed, or almost killed for being someone who is different?" Relerin says not in a mocking way, but is a curious way. There may be someone else who knows his pain. This makes Relerin extremely happy. He might not be alone. There may be someone else he can somewhat relate to.

Relerin shakes his head after being lost in thought before he puts his book back into his bag. Relerin heard Lamont say something about going to an inn to plan. "Yes...I think I have...aha! I do have one...my last one." Relerin digs in a side pocket of his bag and pulls out a Silver Rupee. He smiles before putting the rupee back in his bag. After zipping the side pocket back up Relerin looks up to see Lamont walking off gesturing for him. He runs to catch up to his Hylian companion. "Yes. An inn. I would suggest not the one you got chased out of. Hm. Oh I know of one follow me."

Relerin runs ahead of Lamont to another inn. He stops dead in his tracks as he sees Guards at the entrance. A tall slender woman wearing very nice Guard Armor with brown eyes and long red hair tied up in a bun stands in front of the other Guards giving them orders. "M-mother..." Relerin says quietly to himself as the woman glances over. Relerin jumps a bit then hides behind Lamont.
  13. Squishy

Lamont stared at Relerin.

“Well, I was orphaned when I was still a little boy. The only way to survive was to steal, and let me tell you, that won’t make you loved by society. All my youth I’ve been shunned and abused by society simply because I had the misfortune to lose my parents to disease.” He smiled sympathetically at the boy. “Can’t say that’s the same as having a demon in your head, but I can relate to your pain, if that’s any comfort to you.”

Relerin reminded him a bit of his younger brother, if a lot more innocent and a lot less rouge like.

When they arrived at the inn Lamont was surprised to see guards in front of the door, and even more surprised when Relerin hid behind him.

“That your mum?” He whispered to the kid, before turning his attention to the guard. She had seen them, so running away from her would only make her suspicious. He would have to find another way to get Relerin in unseen. Or come up with a very good story why a savage-looking pirate like him was running around with a rich-looking kid.

“Hello! Nice day, isn’t it?” Lamont quipped with a smile.
  14. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Summer gave her squad a run down of the mission to protect a party in the Noble Estates. She speaks with a soft yet commanding voice. "...and that is the situation as it stands right now. Any questions Guards?"

The Guards salute and shout in unison, "Ma'am, no ma'am!" The Guards drop their salute and march in unison into the inn. Summer sighs looking around rubbing her neck. She looks down an alleyway leading to the inn. She looks past two people then gives a double take thinking she saw someone...her adoptive son Relerin. Summer's brow raises as she walks towards who she thought was Relerin and a rather scruffy, older looking boy.

“Hello! Nice day, isn't it?” Summer nods to the older boy and replies, "Yes. It is." Summer looks around the older boy directly to Relerin. "Relerin?" Relerin tries to scoot a little more behind Lamont, but he can't. Knowing that he was caught he looks up at his adoptive mother his right eye being the first one that Summer sees.

"Y-yes mother." Relerin hesitantly looks fully up at his mother remembering the night he ran away from home.

Summer gives a very stern and almost angry looking face. "Relerin..." Summer breaths out heavily before her facial expression softens and she hugs Relerin tightly. "...you had me worried sick. Where did you think you could run off to? Why didn't you write or visit or something? What were you thinking running away from home?!"

Relerin looks very shocked. "M-mother...I...I'm sorry. I...I..."

Summer lets go of Relerin and smiles. "It's okay. You are here now and you are safe. That is all that matters. Who is your friend Relly?" Summer points to Lamont with a questioning look on her face.

"He is a Mister Lamont Liesmith. We...uh...I met him a while ago and we were just walking around the Castle Town mother."

"Mhm. Hello Mr. Liesmith. How long have you been a friend of my little Relly?"
  15. Squishy

“Oh, uh, for quite a bit really. Couldn’t leave him out on the streets on his own, you know? Not with all the thugs and monsters hiding out after dark. I’ve been looking after him for a bit.” Lamont said with a smile, patting Relerin’s shoulders. “He’s almost like my little brother.”

Telling Summer the truth didn’t seem such a good idea. Lamont had no idea how she would respond to her son, who had apparently run away from home a while ago, suddenly hanging out with someone like him. Not without getting suspicious. He didn’t like to lie, but merciful caretaker sounded better than desperate broke pirate. A lot better.

“We were just going in for something to eat and drink, but, uh, perhaps you have some important family business that needs to be taken care of? In that case I’ll just… wait here.” He said, taking a step backwards and shoving Relerin forward.

Something about the way Summer had reacted to Relerin gave him a sour taste in his mouth. He had never had a mother to worry over him, to scold him or tell him things would be okay. For a moment his smile turned into a frown. He was, in fact, feeling a little jealous of Relerin. When he caught himself with this thought, he straightened up, coughed into his hand a little embarrassed and did his best to smile again.

“So, err, what’s next?”

He’d better not be getting jealous of a kid with a demon inside his head. That would not end well.
  16. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Relerin's eyes widen a bit as Lamont steps back pushing him forward. Relerin slightly looks behind him before returning his eyes to his adoptive mother. "Yes. We were hoping to purchase some food and drink from this inn. I was going to break my last silver rupee."

Summer smiles. "Don't sweety. I'll get you two some food. Let's go." Summer rather forcefully pulls Lamont and Relerin into the inn with her.

"M-mother...we can walk. Is this really needed?" Relerin asks to no avail as Summer pulls the two into the inn. The Guards that Summer was giving orders to were all about the main floor of the inn. Some at tables, a few at the bar, and a few just standing around. Barmaids walk about the room giving out drinks and food. Summer pulls the two Hylian boys to an empty table and sits them down.

"I'll get you two some food. Stay here. There are some things that we need to talk about young man." Summer gives Relerin a more stern look. She them smiles at Lamont before walking over to the bar.

"Well...that was unexpected. I apologize about mother dragging us in here. I would rather not fight with mother though. Having her with us will make it more difficult to plan for the party, but I can't ask her to leave us alone. She hasn't seen me in many years."
  17. Squishy

Lamont smiled back at Summer and waited until she was out of hearing range, before turning to Relerin.

“Don’t worry, we’ll just wait for a chance to slip away. And besides, after we’ve got the treasure, you have all the time in the world to catch up with her, don’t you? But, you know, I’ve been thinking…” He looked towards Summer, who was still at the bar. “I’ve been thinking about tonight.”

He leant towards Relerin, clapping a hand over his shoulder and whispered:

“All right, listen. Here’s the plan. After dark, you and I go to the mansion, climb in through one of the…” He faltered. That was were the first problem presented itself. Lamont had no idea what the mansion actually looked like or if there even was a way to climb in. “…We climb into the mansion, take the treasure, and then… well, err… Then we run like there’s no tomorrow!”

He nodded to himself and smiled. It seemed like a pretty good plan, if he could say so himself. He would worry about guards and the actually layout of the mansion when they got there. Right now he was going to be damn proud of himself for coming up with such a daring and genius plan.

Lamont leant backwards in his chair, looking as innocently as possible.

“We’ll be fine, trust me.”
  18. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Relerin quietly listens to Lamont's plan. That was one of the worse plans he had ever heard. Lamont had absolutely no clue about the layout of the mansion or of the Guard patterns his mother would place her Guards on. The run like there is no tomorrow almost made Ba'al laugh out loud at it's ridiculousness.

After Lamont leans back in the chair Relerin replies, "Lamont...I have doubts about the validity of that plan. We would first need to know the layout of the mansion and the patterns of..." Relerin glances over at his mother who returns to the table and sits next to Relerin. "...the fungal growth around the body before any solid guesses could be made about it's age. Hello mother."

Summer looks at Relerin questioningly before smiling. "The food will be out in a little while. Now Relerin you have been keeping out of trouble yes? Have you been eating well? Where have you been sleeping? Have you been able to deal with your...condition?"

Relerin blinks a bit at the avalanche of questions that his adoptive mother had launched at him. "Well yes mother. I have been keeping out of trouble..." False. "...I have been eating well..." When I actually have some food. "...I have been staying at various inns..." If Ba'al doesn't get me kicked out. "...I have...tried. I have yet to see any definite results as of yet. What have you been doing mother?" Mention the party. Mention the party.

"Well I have worried about you nonstop. I am on mission tonight thought."

"Oh? Would you happen to be the Guards that were dispatched to guard a party that I have been hearing about?"

"Well I suppose that isn't classified. Yes. My unit is the one guarding the party."

Bingo. "Mother. Might I ask you something?"

"You want me to bring you to the party don't you?"

Relerin acts surprised at his mother's asking, but she had actually done exactly what he wanted and expected. "Well yes. I thought it might be a good way to spend some time together. Since we met and I am sure you would rather not want to have something come between us catching up." Relerin smiles as he ignores Ba'al taunting of his lying and manipulating his adoptive mother.

Summer looks up in thought for a moment before looking back to Relerin smiling. "That is a wonderful idea. You can even bring your friend along if you want to. He may need some new clothes though."
  19. Squishy

Lamont looked at Relerin a little dejectedly.

“Oh well, at least I tried. I mean, I’ve never really broken into a mansion before, save a heavily guarded one. I suppose it is a lot different from capturing a ship, isn’t it?”

He sat straight up when Lieutenant Summer returned, nodding seriously at Relerin as if he understood what he was talking about. Luckily Summer spoke before he had a chance to reply.

Lamont watched the two speak, feeling a bit as if he was intruding on them, and started looking around the inn. The group of guards at the bar were not going to be an easy match, should they have to face them. Protected by thick plate armor and armed to the teeth, it would be wise to avoid them as much as possible. Lamont bit his lip, trying to figure out the weak spots in the guards’ armor. He had little experience fighting people in armor. Sure, he could run and hide from them quite well by now, but it was going to be tricky business should he have to fight one of them directly.

Then he noticed Summer was referring to him.

“Ah, sorry? My mind was… elsewhere for a bit, sorry.” He grinned. “Oh, clothes? Don’t worry, I’ve got some, just need to dress up.”
  20. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Summer smiles. "Well good. We will be leaving as soon as you are ready. Oh here comes the food. Take your time." A barmaid brings out two huge plates full of food and lays one in front of Relerin and one in front of Lamont.

Relerin stares a bit at the food before he starts digging in. He devours the food in front of him eating every bit of it as if he hasn't really had food in a while.

Summer gives Relerin a weird look before shaking her head and walking over to speak with her Guards some more.