Oh God, what the fiery fudge [CLOSED] [LAVACLAW]

Discussion in 'Great Sea' started by Vedrfolnir, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Vedrfolnir

Vedrfolnir Bang! new

Related thread: A Call for Heroes

Cast:
    - Rungne. (1/5/1 Rito) [Rungne]
    - Vedrfolnir, Bomb Maker. (3/2/2 Rito) [Vedrfolnir]

Rewards:
    - Vedrfolinr: Fist of Pacci, +50 rupees.
    - Rungne: Fist of Pacci, Ice Enchantment + Augment: Distant Enchant

After a short glide around the back side of Dragon Roost island, the male Rito finally found what he had been searching for with his brother. The other had not believed him when Vedrfolnir spoke of a cave that had opened up in the back of their island. Vedr had the inkling that it had something to do with Valoo, but that was neither here nor there. Finding a spot to land, the male did so and turned to face his brother. The heat radiating from the gash in the earth was a bit unnerving, but Vedr did not show that he felt that way as he spoke to Rungne

"See? I told you there was an opening over here. Its a good thing they where passing out these robes though. Seems pretty hot in there. Anyways, lets go!"

Without a chance for his brother to reply, Vedrfolnir jumped feet-first into the crevice that had fractured within their home town. The males concern only grew as the heat drastically increased just from what little he had ventured in. Something was deeply wrong here. To better compose himself, Vedr stopped for a moment to wait on Rung.
  2. Rungne

Rungne New Member new

"..."

The shorter of the brothers had to concurr, a crevice had indeed opened. It was hard to judge it's significance and to set a priority of action. Before Rungne could suggest they told others, his brother had already entered. As stories went, having comrades would usually prove of the utmost necessity and rarely did a character leave the party before anything had happened. Flying down to the ledge, shedding his wings, he ran after Vedrfolnir. After all, if not him, then who else?

Reaching inside the cave, Rungne took care to check the layout first. They'd entered the middle part of what seemed a three story room. A fountain of lava ran out of the wall to their right, down into a pool on the floor. The pool then again ran into rivers, creating a small island out of a small height in the center of the room. On both lower and top floor, doors could be seen - but both seemed to have no way of opening. Fire keese were flying around, among other beastly inventory.

"Now what?" Rungne half-shouted at his brother, the various sounds from the flowing lava, monsters and mountain itself making for a noisy experience.
  3. Vedrfolnir

Vedrfolnir Bang! new

"Now we..."

Vedr was quickly cut off by a swarm of Fire Keese that had taken note of their presence. Brandishing his blade, Vedr readied himself. The first of the Keese dropped down and was swiftly dispatched by a well placed thrust of the males blade. Seeing the next two coming down, Vedr focused a bit of energy into his blade before swinging it in a quick arc. The resulting power beam was sufficient enough to take out the two Keese.

While dispatching the Keese, Vedr had failed to notice the few that had flanked him and now headed for his brother. To caught up in dispatching the Keese attacking himself, Vedr would only have to hope that Rungne would hold them of on his own. Quickly dispatching another with a mighty thrust, Vedr panted a bit. This heat was no laughing matter.
  4. Rungne

Rungne New Member new

Rungne made a sound akin to something between a gulp and a squeal. Putting both his hands out towards the incoming keese, he imagined a spherical shield inbetween him and his attackers. Circles of light appeared before dousing into a hazy sphere, the impatient keese crashing right into it. As they sought to power through, the Slow spell brought them down to a mere third of their speed - holding them a good fifteen seconds before breaking through on the other side.

Though he were no man for meelee and with little ability to disperse enemies, Rungne had been convinced by his brother to bring a sword. Before drawing it, Rungne took out and equipped his spectacles of agony. As the background before him changed color, a light began to emmanate from the wings of the keese - strongest at where a shoulder would be. Using the remaining seconds he had, Rungne moved a few steps down the ledge. He brought his arm into the air and cleaved down just where the keese would be in a second. Then he released his spell.

The fiery bat screamed in pain as the blade hit its mark. Rungne couldn't cleave the thing, but left it an ugly gash. The creature fell to the ground, spraddling around with it's one undamaged wing. The other keese had missed its mark due to him moving, and soon went into circling back out for a second attempt.

Feeling his breath picking up, Rungne called out to his brother. He could likely only dodge or parry the monster a few more times before it would get to him. He would need time before being able to bring out his Slow spell again. This heat was a blasted curse that didn't help his physical condition or his concentration.
  5. Vedrfolnir

Vedrfolnir Bang! new

The sound that came from his brother's mouth elicited a small chuckle as the male began on his way to his brother. As the male hastily traveled to his brother, Vedr concentrated a bit more of his willpower into the blade of his sword. Stopping between his brother and the oncoming attacker, Vedr held his blade out and released a shot of energy the size of his blade in a straight line. The blast shot the Keese from the sky and ended its life. Making his way over to the wounded one, Vedr sunk his blade down into it to end the Keese's suffering.

"See? I told you it was a good idea to bring it. This is just the beginning of the cave to. I would be willing to be the monsters are going to get stronger. You sure you are up to this, brother? We can turn back if you want and I will come back by myself if you don't want to go further."

The male turned back to face his brother. Vedr knew his brother was far from the type to use melee attacks, but he may have to if they continued down into the cavern. Vedr was concerned for the males safety. The Keese, even the fire variants, where easy to take care of. What if this where a group of Moblins though? What if they where some thing worse? Gods help them if they came across a pair of Darknuts. It would take everything Vedr had to fight one, let alone keep a pair of them at bay while protecting his brother.

It's not that Vedr saw Rung as a hindrance, quite the opposite actually. That is why he asked for the male to come with him. However it was becoming increasingly apparent that there would be much close quarters fighting. Vedr was beginning to have second thoughts. However, he was not so overbearing that he would insist his brother go home. Rungne had passed the rite of the Rito tribe just as Vedrfolnir had. Rung was a man and was able to make up his own mind on if he should stay or not. Vedr would not contest the males choice should he press on.
  6. Rungne

Rungne New Member new

Panting a bit, while keeping his sword raised, Rungne was still on-guard. His brother had dispatched the remaining incoming threat without much trouble. "I'-I'm good. These are just the kind I can't outrun easily." It was partly true, what with the keese not being stumped at all by their ability to fly. It was a bit sad to have to be an extra liability for his brother, but he knew the cooky fellow meant well. Rungne released his unconscious bite on his lower lip.

"Though, I wished I brought something like a bow or even a slingshot. I'm sure there's one at home." At worst, he could leave for home and come back after. The round-trip would take about ten minutes, plus the time to look up the item(s). If Vedr thought they might need something extra, this could be a good opportunity to make sure they had everything they needed.
  7. Vedrfolnir

Vedrfolnir Bang! new

"Tell you what. You go back and grab some stuff for us. I will clear the way ahead for us to move on a bit while you are gone. Make sure to grab whatever useful stuff you can think of. Sound good?"

Vedr smiled to his brother in reassurance. Partially he was happy his brother was thinking ahead and twords their ultimate goal. The other half was knowing he could fight without worrying about his brother while Rung was gone. Besides, it would be better if Rung went to go get the supplies anyways. Knowing Vedr, he would most likely end up with just snacks. Oh how he enjoyed Hyoi Pears.
  8. Rungne

Rungne New Member new

Rngne nodded and made his brother take out a water-filled bottle. Focusing, he cast Rejuvenation on it. "This will last ten minutes. I'll try be back by then." He then swept past his brother, back towards and out the entrance. His hands slipping into their sleeves, wings soon spread out into the sky. Diving off the ledge, Rungne used the gravitational pull to gain speed before arcing back up and into flight. Not much later he'd be back home.

"What do you mean my slingshot broke years ago? I had it just... well, I guess it has been a while." The mother of two children, one harder to raise than the other, let her son know that the neighbour had offered to lend them some items as thanks for helping with yard work. Controversial as controversial came, the old man had failed his rite of passage and lived out his life as an adventurer to repent. Rungne helped himself to a pair of bows and small quivers, some rope and a worn out iron shield.

As he ran past his childhood home, his mother caught him up with a tray of tapestries right out of the oven. "Now, take one for your brother aswell." Rungne rolled his eyes, before running up to her picking two off the tray not heeding his mothers warning of their warmth. Interesting enough, they didn't burn as they should have, thanks to the robe he wore. Putting one in behind the shield strapped to his back, he leant in to let his beak scrape along his mothers cheek, going up close and ending it in a hug. "You're the best, mom."

The other piece of baking safely in his beak, Rungne was flying back to the entrance. He looked forward to share a lunch break with his brother. Though it had been fifteen minutes, five without any healing water - he believed Vedr would still be safe.
  9. Vedrfolnir

Vedrfolnir Bang! new

"Thanks Rung, hurry back."

After the male watched his brother, the Rito turned back to face the cavern. With a few small cracks of the neck, a smile spread across the males face. It was time to see exactly what this cave could throw at him. Without much though, the male began to sprint further into the caverns. This was a mistake.

Within moments the male was surrounded by a horde of moblins. When had they even entered the cavern? The male stuck his head out from the rock that hid him to count their numbers and see what it would take to bring them all down. 10, no, 11 moblins. The male could probably take them all if he rushed in, but a better plan struck him as he saw a row of bomb flowers around the center of the room. A storm of a plan brewed into the males mind as he dove from behind the rock.

Quickly making his way behind the row of bomb flowers, Vedr took in a deep breath. The moblins where hot on his trail now and closed in quickly. Focusing his willpower on his breath, Vedrfolnir exhaled a plume of flame that set all five bomb flowers off. The moblins didn't stand a chance in the face of such a blast. What Vedr had failed to see was how close he was to the bombs. These where not like the bombs he and his father had made but much more powerful ones. The blast picked Vedr up and slammed him into a nearby wall.

Vedr was used to this sort of trauma so he shook it of quickly and drank the water his brother had enchanted before leaving to take care of any damage the blast had done. Shaking his body a bit to get the blood flowing, The male smiled.

"That will wake you up in the morning. Now that I am warmed up, lets see what else we can find."
  10. Rungne

Rungne New Member new

Drawing a couple of deep breaths to help calm his breathing. Stepping in, he couldn't see his brother at first. The breath he took to calm himself, ironically stuck in his throat at the thought of what might have transpired since he'd left. His coughing fit made him bend at the middle, almost toppling over. Treading onto his robe, he did.

"Aaaaaaaah!" screamed the returned. He saw the edge of ground shift into a sight of lava, suddenly rising up at him. Realizing he was about to fall into the fiery pit, he sought to bring out his wings and escape. They felt burdened by the robe, and for a second he wondered if his end was to a premature one.
  11. Vedrfolnir

Vedrfolnir Bang! new

The sounds of a shill scream echoed through the cavern and caused Vedr to jump a bit. It seems his brother had returned. Laughing a bit at Rungne's expense, the male began to backtrack to meet up with his brother. Vedrfolnir just hoped his brother would not make note of the new spots of feathers Vedr was missing. Gods know they don't have time for a lecture down here. A sensation in the pit of his stomach assured him that the male would likely be getting a lecture anyways.

Reaching the room the male had shrieked from, Vedr laughed a bit while holding his hand out for the other to grasp and get to safety.

"You know, If I didn't know any better I would have thought there was a ReDead down here with that yell you let out."
  12. Rungne

Rungne New Member new

Rolling around in the air, trying to unfurl himself from the robe, Rungne was descending to demise. Breaching the cloth barrier, the rito got one his hands free to slow his fall into a diagonal one. He thought he'd make it to the lower ledge, until it began passing his legs.

His brothers image appeared and his hand reached out far enough for Rungne to reach. The air that had gone so silent caught up along with the sense of gravity. Slipping out of his wings to grab a better hold of his brother and pull himself in, Rungne felt his heart and breath racing.

Dungeons were scary places.

"Let's just -huff- go." this room had been enough of a bother already.
  13. Vedrfolnir

Vedrfolnir Bang! new

"Be more careful brother"

Vedr laughed a bit at his brother's expense. It was all in good fun though since they where both safe for now. After coming a bit further into a dungeon, Vedr stopped just short of a large door that looked to be unmovable. Vedr turned to Rung and sighed a bit.

"This is as far as I was able to get while you where gone. This door doesn't seem to move when I try and open it and I can't find the mechanism that opens it anywhere. The door is bomb proof to."

With that little bit at the end, Vedr raised his brow to his brother in a way that made Vedr seem like he was in utter disbelief of that fact.
  14. Rungne

Rungne New Member new

Following his brother, the near death-victim muttered his own luck and lack of one. Unlike their hot surroundings his complaining fizzled out into a silence accompanying a rather unfocused stare.

"Mm. Hm." Rungne murred at what information about the door was relayed. Catching his brother's shock about the ineffectiveness of explosives, he trailed the rest of him with his empty gaze. Sure enough, there were patches missing.

"Bottle please." Reaching out his hand, he expected his brother to hand over the more than likely drained vial. Now they would have to refill it before he could enchant it once more. That usually wasn't a problem, but usually they weren't in a dungeon more likely to drown them in lava than water either.

Clearing up any accidental self-harming explosives incidents, Rungne let his brother off easily. The birdman had after all helped save his own feathers just moments ago. "So, we have access to Bomb Flowers. What can we blow up?"
  15. Vedrfolnir

Vedrfolnir Bang! new

"Well, bombs can blow up a lot of things. I wouldn't be surprised if all these walls all around where all bombable. Problem is that this place is rather unsafe. One wrong bomb could bring the roof down on us or open a pocket of magma to flood the room with. We need to be exceedingly careful. "

It was obvious to any who knew Vedr that blowing himself up didn't bother the male really at all aside from the physical aspect of it. However, his brother was another story. Vedrfolnir was quite protective of his brother and would avoid normal means of problem solving if it meant his brother could be harmed from it. The male handed his brother the empty bottle from earlier.

"Sorry, had to drink it earlier. Bunch of enemies caught me off guard. Stupid Moblins."

The male let his voice trail off after the end to add to his frustration.
  16. Rungne

Rungne New Member new

"What's done is done. I didn't bring it not to be used. I'm glad you're safe." Letting the corners of his beak draw up, Rungne smiled at his brother. He guessed they both tended to get into certain emotions, moods or thoughts a bit too seriously before changing over.

He wasn't going to question his brothers judgement on the bomb situation, he was clearly the expert of the two. "I say we continue where you went. If you've cleared out some of the beasts there, it should be a good spot to continue from."

Hopefully the masses would be there to keep something from them. Something that would help them further on.