O, to be a dragon...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ultra5, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Warning picture very large.

As you look through your things one day, you find a small dragon statue. It has the look of a tacky souvenir, but the eyes appear to be real gems. As you pry them out, the statue comes to life - it announces itself to be Tiamat, mother of all monsters, and now that you have given her freedom she will return the creatures of mythology to the world. As a reward, she offers you the ability to turn yourself into the greatest of all monsters: a dragon. Tiamat tells you too choose well what sort of dragon you wish to be - you will not be the only one in this new world.

You can change from human to dragon form, or vise versa, once a month. Once you have changed you will remain in that form until the following month, when you can change again. Aside from being immortal, you are no different in human form.

CHOOSE ONE FROM EACH CATEGORY​

Size and Shape

-- Drake: Drakes are the smallest variety of dragons, roughly the size of a truck, and are physically weaker than average. They are uniquely multichromatic, meaning they have two different colours rather than one - possessing the strengths and weaknesses of both (if an immunity and a vulnerabily contradict, they cancel each other out).

-- Dragon: An ordinary dragon, similar in size to a large house. They are stronger than drakes but not as conspicious as the behemoth. Ordinary dragons take most strongly to the traits of their colour, both the strengths and weaknesses are more extreme.

-- Behemoth: A gargantuan dragon, as large as an entire castle. What it lacks in subtlety it makes up for it in raw strength, the behemoth is the strongest living thing that ever was. Don't expect it to fit into buildings or caves.

-- Coatl: Feathered serpents - though larger than regular dragons, their extra size comes from length rather than bulk. They are more agile than other dragons, capable of quickly moving their body to evade or attack, and can coil round opponents to constrict and crush them.

-- Wyrm: Long, bulky, and with underdeveloped wings, wyrms are poor at flying, but are natural burrowers. They are stronger than most dragons, and secrete an acid from their mouths that gives them a highly potent bite and allows them to quickly carve out tunnels and caves. They can also "swim" through deep sand as though it were water.

-- Shenlong: The longest dragons. Despite their size, their thin frame gives them below-average strength. Shenlong have a minor position in the celestial bureaucracy, which gives them the power to command weather, animals, and mythological creatures lesser than them (but noth other dragons).

Colour

-- Red: The most common variety, red dragons breathe intense flames. Dragonfire is hot enough to melt through almost anything, but difficult to control. Red dragons are virtually immune to heat and fire, and can rest comfortably even in molten lava. They are weak to cold temperatures.

--Blue: Blue dragons breathe jets of super-pressurized water, strong enough to cut through metal. They are noted for their swimming abilities - while most dragons are unweildy at best in water, blue dragons are as good at swimming as fish. They are weak to fire and extreme heat.

-- Black: Black dragons have no breath attack, but possess extremely thick armour. Other dragons are all but immune to small arms fire and can even survive direct hits from heavy weaponry, black dragons are twice as durable as even this. However, they are also much heavier, and as a result much more slow both on the ground and in the air.

-- White: White dragons breathe extremely cold blasts of gas, which can freeze almost anything in an instant. Unlike other dragons, they are comfortable in extremely cold conditions, and can freely live at the poles. They are weak to electricity.

-- Bronze: Bronze dragons breathe bolts of powerful lightning. They are the best fliers among dragons and are capable of flying much higher than any other kind, almost into space. They are weak to water and can not swim.
    Wyrms cannot take this option.

-- Skeletal: Undead, scaleless dragons, animated by some strange energy. They possess the ability to "breathe" this energy out from their jaw - it is poisonous to other living things, sapping their strength, and causes the dead to rise as undead servants of the dragon. Due to their condition, skeletal dragons are flimsy and far less durable than other kinds of dragon.
    Drakes and Shenlong cannot take this option.

Immortality
    All dragons are immortal, but this comes at a price

-- Gold: You must amass a hoard of valuable metals and jewels (gold, diamonds, etc.) and sleep on it occasionally in order to prolong your life indefinitely. The hoard needs to be at least as large as you are. Be wary of Burglars.

-- Worship: You must convince a fair number of people to worship you as a god (a few thousand should do) to continue your eternal life. Their devotion must be sincere, and you'll need to keep the numbers up as members die or leave.

-- Maidens: You must ritually consume one fair maiden (or any sort of virgin really) each year to maintain your immortality. Expect this sort of behaviour to anger people.

Aspect
    Even by the standards of other dragons, you have something that sets you apart

-- Majesty: You are a particularly majestic specimen of dragon. Humans and dragons alike will naturally regard you as a superior being, worthy of some respect. The weak-willed will feel naturally inclined to obey you.

-- Terror: You are a particularly intimidating specimen of dragon. People will feel instinctively frightened of you, even other dragons will think twice about getting on your bad side. Unnerves your opponents in a fight.

-- Sagacity: You are a particularly wise and compassionate specimenof dragon, or so you look anyway. People are much less likely to regard you as a threat or try and attack you, and will generally instead want to befriend you.
    Skeletal dragons cannot take this option.

*You are not Marduk, however much you want to be, and even in dragon form it is pointless to fight Tiamat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are you?

I am a Black Behemoth who has immortality through worship and the Sagacity aspect.
  2. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    White Shenlong surviving on Worship, while imbued with Sagacity :tpr:
  3. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Red and White Drake that requires worship and has sagacity. I am the seasons.
  4. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

A majestic, black Wyrm who achieves immortality through worship.
  5. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I am a Blue Shenlong that likes to spend its time winding through the air and exploring the wonders of the seas. I maintain my immortality through gold, which I find in merchant and pirate ships that have long since sunk to the ocean floor. My aversion to conflict and my desire to empathize and understand others gives me the sagacity aspect.

"Now that you have given [Tiamat] freedom it will return the creatures of mythology to the world." Poor humanity won't last very long, with all the incredibly powerful and often-times hostile things unleashed into the world ._.
  6. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    We still have all of our technology, and apparently survived before WITHOUT things like guns. (Or even steel, for that matter.)

Black Behemoth with Sagacity and Worship.
  7. Miss Kaguya

Miss Kaguya Member new

If I can be... I'll be a blue coatl since it reminds me of a Dragonair. Might as well be worship and be majestic.
  8. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Terrifying White Behemoth that hoards gold in the middle of the arctic, or Majestic Red Behemoth that inspires worship... I like the latter more. Easier to hide gold as a Red, though. Set foot within a hundred feet of magma without proper protective gear and humans die.

Or who knows? I could do the latter and switch off whichever method for immortality I want every few hundred years.

So yes, Majestic Red Behemoth inspiring worship.
  9. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    I am a Red Wyrm that is immortal through Worship and terrorizes everything.

I am... THE SPICE TRADE
  10. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

I laughed too hard at this because my mom is a history teacher, and this was one of her topics. :XD:
  11. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

But Knight, how will anybody worship you when nobody can get near you without dying?
  12. Quill

One word:

Internet. :P

Or even just "dragon of the volcano." Worked well enough in olden times, ya?
  13. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

My call is that those "new-age gamers" choose: white/bronze, coatl/shenlong, worship, sagacity. It's a very hipster mentality that may indicate the want to be different and "the best". Young gamers choose: 80% skeletal/20% bronze, 80% behemoth/20% shenlong, terrifying maiden-eater. This view is driven by the desire to "look cool" and get with virgins, ie., tags and emblems on CoD. My dragon type is a red dragon who hordes gold and inspires terror. This view is driven by a sense of the classical and adherence to old ideals. This type of person may hold themselves with a "holier-than-thou" attitude and has a high probability of exhibiting a Narcissus complex. Ooooooooooor, this could simply be a fun exercise meant for nothing more than entertainment value. Why do you even let me post my ramblings?!
  14. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

I like your rambling! Tell me what my decision of Red and White worship sagacity Drake means! :tpr:
  15. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    HH your rambling is very entertaining. Can you read my choices as well as Double's? :haa:
  16. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

I shouldn't do that! My interpretations were intentionally negative so I intentionally tried to choose combinations that hadn't yet been done. Except for mine, but I judged myself there so it's okay! Lol, I'll put up my thoughts on every individual characteristic from a very pragmatic point of view if you want. Since you asked though...Alright, your choice of drake indicates one of two things, either you are indecisive or you are willing to sacrifice power for versatility. Probably a little of both. A deeper analysis says you've bought into the idealistic view that power is weak and versatility is key. This is a view that most of us take when we are younger and most introverts feel that this is the best option. While I subscribe to the belief as well and like versatility, I believe that when one is young, he wants the power, the brute wins (the id reigns/TRIFORCE OF POWER). As we grow into pubescence, our ego tells us that versatility (agility, dexterity, finesse) can triumph over raw power (the super-ego kicks in/TRIFORCE OF COURAGE). When we move to top and self-actualize, we begin to put our thinking in perspective. The need for power again becomes relevant and we realize it to be necessary but our super-ego also tells us that versatility can win out where power doesn't. Our ego intervenes and harmonizes the two (ego/TRIFORCE OF WISDOM). This is where we are presented with a quandary as it becomes unclear whether the middle ground is sprouted from the level-headedness of the ego or the decision is a product of the super-ego scrapping power for versatility........I could go on but...I don't even want to whack at the other parts right now...

Edit/Disclaimer: These are merely ramblings down one narrow-minded tangent, they are probably not true in any way. But by opening up possibilities, I can learn when the truth might actually be. Good times, right? Please don't take any of these thoughts too seriously, they're merely possible links to truths that may or may not be locked away deep in the psyche.
  17. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

a) If I live in a place too extreme for humans, is that not proof of divinity?
    b) I could trade off the method every few hundred years or so.
    c) I probably would trade off for gold a few hundred years later.

I might write some sort of story with a premise like this. Would be fun, I think.
  18. Coin

Coin New Member new

Me and a couple of people are working on an updated version, which will have more body types, elements, aspects, and methods to immortality. It'll have more description and flavour text too.

In the current list, I'd be a Skeletal Wyrm of Majesty, inspiring worship. Build a wonderful city underground and use my undead to provide labour for the citizens, leaving them to explore the arts and sciences. If they ever consider revolt, I just take away the undead, and the very foundation of their society crumbles. Not that they would ever consider revolt, I think.

Alternatively, become a Blue Behemoth of Terror, and essentially be Dagon.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, in a certain little group I was a part of, I decided upon being a Bronze Shenlong of Sagacity. Fly around in near-space, being Rayquaza and whatnot.
  19. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

The one I'd LIKE to be is Quill's dragon, (or really any combination of Blue/Bronze Coatl/Shenlong Gold/Worship Sagacity/Majesty) but honestly?
    I'm most likely a White Wyrm of Worship and Sagacity.
    I like being underground, and I love the cold. I have no real interest in amassing wealth, and I don't like the idea of consuming people. However, I like the idea of people worshipping me, as, well, most humans would, and as a magic dragon, I can think of quite a few ideas as to how I could create a religion. As an Aspect, I would hate being feared, I don't like lauding it over people (well, not people worse off than me), but I do generally have (and spread) knowledge to my peers.
    Seriously, though, this concept would make a GREAT play-by-post game, assuming a competent GM.
  20. Quill

I'd be down for a Sandbox of this :O