Nicholas Muller

Discussion in 'Accepted Characters' started by Gizmo95, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Gizmo95

Gizmo95 That one nice but occasionally creepy guy. new

Name: Nicholas Muller
    Race: Hylian
    Place of Origin: Refugee of the Western Caves
    PWC: 2/2/4

Treasures & Rupees:

Rupees- 85

Treasure(s)- Song of Healing

Racial Perks- Sense, Message, Business

Profession: Outfitter Lv. 1

Equipment: Bow, quiver (full of arrows), dagger, canteen, leather armor set (vest, forearm and shin guards, boots, fingerless gloves,) flute, thin bed roll, journal, quill and ink, rupee wallet, roll of rope, satchel.

Pet: n/a

Appearance: (Look at profile pic to help picture his face). Standing at 5’10”, Nicholas is tall and lanky. He has blue eyes and red hair that he lets fly everywhere and ties into a ponytail. His skin is fair and he has two distinct red markings on his cheeks underneath his eyes. He wears a white sleeveless tunic underneath a leather vest he made himself. The leather is dyed black and has a worn but sturdy look. His pants are as also black and are held up with a brown belt that is secured tightly to his person. On this belt he keeps his dagger and canteen. His forearms and shins are covered with leather protectors as well.The forearm protectors stretch from below his elbow right above his wrist allowing a full range of motion. His shin guard merely cover his shins, allowing him to bend his knees with ease at the cost of having his knees and thighs unprotected. His boots are leather as well and are similarly dyed black to match the rest of his leather armor. Personality: Marcus is a caring person who loved hearing stories of past legends and heros. He is also know as a bit if a jokester he would often poke fun at others in jest and play harmless pranks. He dislikes violence when it isn't necessary and prefers to talk his way out of tough situations if possible. Nicholas loves to spend time among others and doesn’t fear other races, more often than not wondering what aspects of their lives are different from Hylians. He loves to play music for others and is easy to get along with. Nicholas dislikes bitter foods and hasn't developed a taste for alcohol. He hates bandits and thieves that steal from the poor or disadvantaged. Money means little to him as he values experience over material objects. While he tries to avoid conflict he won't back down from a fight if someone is in danger and can at times he courageous although he doesn't have much strength.

Background: Growing up Nicholas would try to learn as many stories as he could and even dreamt of writing his own one day and made it his goal to live out his own adventure and chronicle it all in his journal. This was his way of escaping from the harsh reality of growing up in the Western caves and hiding from the monsters that burnt down his home town. He was fortunate in that his whole family managed to escape unharmed. While growing up he also developed a mischievous side that often got him into trouble with older children and adults. More often than not he managed to talk his way out of trouble but when all else failed he never gave in to bullies. Needless to say he often came home with black eyes and grazes but he always had his pride intact. As he grew older he became a bit more rebellious and scoffed at authority. This disregard for authority eventually turned to his distrust of the Royal family. He felt that if they were so important and powerful then they should have protected his home town. In his young teen years Nicholas was given a flute and fell in love with the music he could make with it. He carried it everywhere with him and was taught a magical song that soothed those around him. At the age of seventeen Nicholas convinced his parents to let him go with their blessing. Nicholas gathered his few belongings into his satchel and set out to see what trouble he could get into.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  2. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Hey, good start on your character, but you appear to be missing a few things! You've got a few more PWC points to add to your character, plus you need to detract the cost of Song of Healing from your 100 starting rupees. You can also pick three racial traits from here.

You can also find more treasures in the library, if you're interested, but you don't have to.

Character creation template and information found here.

(Also, tiny detail, but the personality section appears to list his name as Marcus instead of Nicholas?)
  3. Gizmo95

I've edited the name slip up, I wrote him originally as Marcus but felt the name was too serious, and detracted the cost of Song of Healing. I thought it read as newcomer my base stats of PWC only allowed four until I become a regular? Also I have a small list of treasures I wish to acquire on my journey already. ;)
  4. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Ah, when the guide references four points for PWC, that is on top of the base amount any given race has. In your case, a Western Caves Hylian has a base of 1/1/2, which is what you have, to which you can add four more points to! This, thankfully, means that you will probably get to pay a lot less for the treasures you start off with. Also, sorry for the relatively delayed response. Let me know if you have any questions, or feel free to personal message me, as that routes to my email (and I should get to it faster, probably)!
  5. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Well, I don't see a third racial perk, but you don't actually have to use up all three. So, unless you'd like to pick a third one, I'll go ahead and mark this as accepted! Happy roleplaying :tpr:

Note that if you do want a third racial perk, go ahead and edit it in, and post here letting us know what you've decided on.
  6. Gizmo95

I misunderstood that I could get a third racial perk. I chose Business and went with the crafting profession of Outfitter.