Master Marksman

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Devil-Steel, Nov 4, 2022.

1. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

This is a major treasure(?) denoting any marksman (archer, crossbowman, cannoneer, etc) as a true master of his craft. As such they are capable of pulling off even the most difficult of shots with relative ease. Be it ricocheting shots off walls, or hitting a Lynel running at full speed from a great distance as if they were standing still. Their aim is by all means perfect.
  2. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Not sure about this. We don't really do "hard coded stats" on this site, and this seems like just maxxing out your aiming ability. Straight Shooting allows you to line up your shots, but it doesn't physically improve your character in this way. Let's say you were writing your character to be someone who tries to make shots like this, you'd typically take Straight Shooting and describe yourself aiming at the wall in a specific way as if you were lining up a billiards shot. You can write yourself failing or succeeding as much as you like, but know you could absolve all of that tension by getting this as a treasure kind of shakes up that entire concept. Something magical doing this, for example, would be to make a homing shot or just a magically bouncing shot. We do have Bouncing Arrows, and even the Yaka Whistle if you really want to control your shots. Now, those concepts compared to this concept is not exactly the same, so I can't really say we're adding a duplicate treasure with this even then. But the same reason we don't have comparable majors for P and W like a "Strength Paragon" or a "Sorcerer Supreme" is probably ultimately the reason we wouldn't implement this.
  3. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Yeah I agree with Geebo on this. There's a number of ways you can accomplish this with a combination of some treasures, writing out how you do it that way, and so on. I'm gonna have to say no to this one.
  4. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

That's fair. I didn't think about that.