Logain Drindim

Discussion in 'Accepted Characters' started by Muramasa, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

Honor: N/A

Name: Logain Drindim

Race: Hylian

Place of Origin: Hyrule Castle Guard

P/W/C: 2/3/2

Treasures: Mount, standard Horse, by the name of "Olligan." Spin Attack. Sense. 20 Rupees

Height: 6'3

Weight: 160 lb

Equipment: Green cape, and katana, as well as sturdy guard's boots and bracers around his wrist.

Appearance: Has charcoal hair down to his neck, and fierce brown eyes, with a stony, carved face. He wears brown pants with a dark green tunic, but his most notable feature is his green cape.

Personality: A man of few words, he generally keeps to himself. He's highly observant, and has a vast wealth of experience, not just as a castle guard, but also as an adventurer. Should one talk to him rudely, he will respond in kind, but he prefers to be around people with a slight level of tact, if not class. He developed a hatred of Nobles and their politics in his days as a castle guard, as well.

Residence: He has a small house in Nabooru, far removed from Castle Town.

Pet: N/A

Backstory:

Logain grew up in Castle Town, and when he was of age, he joined the Castle Guard. Soon after, calamity struck in the south. He heard the news like everyone else; A force for evil had appeared in the south, and had ravaged the land. Then came the three year siege of Goron City. Over and over he petitioned the Royals and Nobles of Hyrule to march down to aid the Gorons. He left the guard soon after, and married his beloved, Arina. The two of them left Castle Town and settled down in Nabooru, where the two of them lived happily for many years.

When Logain was 32, he returned home from work to find his home burned down, and his wife missing. He contacted the authorities and began to search for her, both in the town and in the surrounding woods. When nothing was found, Logain gave up his life in Nabooru, and began to search the world over for any trace of his wife, from Snowpeak to the Tantari Desert, even boarding a ship and searching Dragon Roost. This continued for many years, traveling Hyrule for years and years, until he inevitably returned to Nabooru, weary and old. He rebuilt his home, and waited a time. However, he grew restless, and soon began to travel again.
  2. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Looks pretty good, is your avatar a picture of your character?

There a few things, though that need to be fixed. The first is that you need to include your racial treasures in your treasure list, these are found under the origin description on the character creation sheet. I found them for you, though, here is the direct quote:

"This background's starting stats are: Power 2, Wisdom 1, Courage 1 (2/1/1). Its racial abilities are Sense and Spin Attack.
    "

So you get Sense and Spin Attack. Add those to your treasure list, and take a look in the Library of Treasures to see what exactly they do.

After that, you should add in how many rupees you have left over after purchasing your horse, as this will help you and us (the moderators) keep track of your rupees and how many you have saved up. When you finish a quest and get more rupees, you'll add to this total and be able to purchase more treasures.

Also, I noticed that your residence seems to cut off abruptly as if you were in mid thought and stopped typing, it says: "However, should" ... Without saying anything after that.

Another question, did he leave the guard because no one would go to help the gorons? And is this how he developed his hatred for the nobility? You should add these details into your background.
  3. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

Thanks, Bitoko.

Yes, the profile picture is a picture of my character. I didn't even notice the "However should." I'll change that immediately. Also, I was unclear that the Sense and Spin Attack were treasures. Must have missed that.
  4. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Yeah, there are some things that I need to make clear. I am going to be making a more robust tutorials/FAQ section, so if you have any suggestions on things that should be talked about, or anything like that, I'd love to hear them from you. Just send me a PM containing them.
  5. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

Thanks, if I ever get an idea, I'll tell you. The main thing that bugged me is that there were only a few moments when the tutorial really said, "THIS IS WHAT THIS IS." Most of it kinda assumed you already knew what it was.

Nice Ganondorf pic, by the way.
  6. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Thats actually a nice piece of information, would a short and concise FAQ that said everything concisely be beneficial?
  7. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Looks good to me. [1/2] (This means you need one more mod to look over it and approve it.)
  8. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

Actually, I think so. Have a link in the character creator tutorial, saying, "Read this before you do anything," or just put it right at the top.
  9. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

I only read History of Dawn to Darkness, so I left it vague, not wanting to contradict anything in the plot. I truthfully had no idea if reinforcements were sent or not. I know that supplies were, but I saw nothing on soldiers or additional troops.
  10. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Approved. [2/2]
  11. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o[/youtube]
  12. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

So what's my next step? Can I just Roleplay now?
  13. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Yep, you can. You can either RP on your own, or attempt to join someone else's RP, or start a group one of your own. The best way to go is to start a quest, which is explained in the tutorials section and a thread in the quest bureau itself. If you have questions, I'm happy to answer via PM!
  14. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

Link to Quests section?
  15. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

16. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

So I'm guessing I gain rupees by doing quests...and then I can buy more treasures?
  17. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Yep. Read the thread, along with the tutorials section on rupees/quests/and treasures. It explains it all in those locations.
  18. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

Okay, I get it. So the three of them discussed rewards, picked what they wanted as their reward, and then began to roleplay after the Mod came in.

I think I'm getting it.

You know, this is quite similar to an MMO, rather than just a roleplay. The last roleplay I did was like a large story with many unique characters and backstories, this one is more like an MMO because of the way it's structured. I like it. It gives me a sense of progression, since I can buy treasures and the like.
  19. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Yeah, we wanted to add in some cool RPG elements that make it a hybrid between an MMO and an RP. It still has the story with the unique backstory elements, but adds the progression and item hunt too.
  20. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

Yeah, it's very different. Once you get past the weird structure of it, this is actually pretty cool.