Learning the Ropes [Willow/Devil]

Discussion in 'Southern Hyrule' started by WillowtheWhisp, Feb 2, 2015.

1. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "We should probably be leaving in a moment hear, I suppose." Dogath said, standing from his nice and warm seat, stretching like a cat waking from a nap. He grabbed his own empty bowl and Samanosuke's, before carrying them both off into the kitchen. Meanwhile, Yousef walked back out the door, presumably to wait for the two outside. It wasn't long before the three had rejoined with the main group, with Yousef introducing them to the four others. Alia, Ban, Jared and Elizabeth were there names, apparently. They'd have time to become acquainted with each of their strengths during the ride over, but a few things were apparent right off the bat. Alia was equipped in a light breastplate, and though the footman's spear was a simple weapon, it was more than apparent that she was quite skilled in its use. Ban was like a walking armory, wearing full plate with a sword and shield, with a crossbow strapped to his back just in case. Jared and Elizabeth both wore leather cuirasses, each with a longsword at their belt and a shortbow on their backs, with hip mounted quivers. Dogath, Yousef and Samanosuke would all pile into the wagon, while the three of the others mounted separate horses, and the last acted as a driver for the wagon. They set off immediately, the gentle bouncing of the wagon sending Yousef quickly to sleep.

------

It was some time later, in the early afternoon, when Yousef woke back up. He looked around a bit dazed and out of sorts, before realizing where he was. Dogath passed him a canteen of water, letting the man whet his parched mouth. Ban looked back from his driver's seat to see that their leader was now awake, before calling for a halt. Now would be a good time to take a moment's rest to stretch, eat, and see a bush about a man. Dogath climbed out from the wagon, shaking out his sore legs from sitting for several hours.
  2. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

At some point during the trip Samanosuke had dozed off while thinking about battle strategies now that he had met the others in the group. They had four people that would be guaranteed in the middle of things: Alia, Yousef, Dogath and himself. Ban, Jared and Elizabeth could provided ranged support with their bows creating openings for the melee fighters. With Ban being in heavy armor he would also be capable of defending Jared and Elizabeth if one or two decided to turn their attentions to them. That was the main formation that the young Hylian had come up with and focused on before having dozed off. As the wagon came to a halt Samanosuke would be pulled from his light slumber somewhat jarringly.

Looking around with his hand tightly on the hilt of one of his swords he would quickly calm down as he realized that they weren't under attack. Shaking his head the boy would laugh to himself as he climbed out of the back of the wagon. Sliding his swords back through his belt he would look around. Spotting an unoccupied bush Samanosuke would follow the lead of a few of the other males in the group. Once finished he would return to the wagon and look around at the group his formation coming back into mind. Stretching for a moment as he waited for the rest to get back he would pull one of the small wooden charms from the pouch on his hip. Crouching down he would start making a rather rough sketch of his formation idea.

While he wasn't sure what the enemy camp looked like so it was just a simple box with around a dozen or so small x marks inside of it, one of the x's being significantly larger than the rest to stand for Rubyscale. On one side of the box were the letters A, Y, D, S, B, J, and E. The A, Y, D, and S were the closest to the box that represented the enemy base while the other three were in a small triangle with the B in front of the J and E. These letters were the first letter of each of their names and the crude diagram depicted the boys formation idea. He wasn't sure what the others would think of him coming up with a full formation since he was the newest of the group. Yousef and Dogath had history, that much was apparent. He was unsure if Dogath knew the others, but Yousef was sure to have know the other four since they came with him. Samanosuke was the newest member of the group, and didn't truly know anyone's strengths, weaknesses, or preferred tactics. Although he was able to gather a small amount of information from their weapons and armor. Of the entire group Ban was the most likely not to like the formation he had come up with. Having the guy in the heavy armor in the back using a crossbow wasn't the most common play after all.
  3. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    A shadow would be cast over Samanosuke's drawing, as Yousef approached him. "I see you've got some ideas. Mind if I take a peak?" Yousef asked, though he was already leaning over and taking a look. He smiled and nodded as he looked over Samanosuke's drawing. "You've got some tactical training then?" He asked offhandedly as he continued to look over what Samanosuke had done. Yousef pointed over at the D, which he already assumed to be Dogath. Yousef shook his head at the placement. "Dogath will want to be somewhere in between each group of three. He'll be firing on the camp just as we begin, along with Jared, Elizabeth and Ban. Our group," he pointed at the three markings for himself, Samanosuke and Alia, "will then begin its approach. After a few more volleys, by the time we have closed our distance with the camp, Dogath will be running down to join us. Jared and Elizabeth will provide fire support on their back ranks, until they can no longer do so safely, and will also come to join the fray with Ban." Yousef elaborated.

Dogath looked over at the mention of his name, but otherwise remained where he was, which was sitting on a boulder and enjoying the sunlight.
  4. Devil-Steel

"The Gerudo trained me both physically and mentally on varying aspects of battle. Of course this is the first real chance I've had to use most of my knowledge. Most of the training battles that I was taken on was a 'Do as your told and don't ask questions.' situation." With a little rubbing of his thumb the D had been erased and moved between the two groups. Now he started to draw some arrows from each of the letters. Those for Yousef, Alia, and his own were straight towards the base, as was the new D for Dogath and Ban's. Jared and Elizabeth's on the other hand were going opposite directions to circle around the base so that they could potentially flank an enemy or two. As he drew the final two arrows he would speak back up. "I think having Jared and Elizabeth attempting to flank after they stop shooting would be a good idea, they may also be able to line up a few extra shots from a far once they have changed position."

Samanosuke would start tapping the small charm over and over in a nearby spot as he looked at his drawing. "Hopefully there are a few decent sized rocks near the camp so that they can have a mixture of cover and a height advantage while firing. While it would be slightly helpful, it isn't a necessity either. Although it would help cover our approach up until the first shot." Pausing for a moment the boy would reach out and circle B, J, and E. "I think we should give the first shots to our archers. A few silent attacks could take down some unaware enemies, potentially causing them to group up to figure out what happened. That would be the perfect time for Dogath to strike. Better chance of him doing more damage to them." Oh god. It was happening again. Samanosuke was getting overly focused on planning even though he still didn't have any solid information to go off of. That being said, the plan was rather solid and it seemed as if Yousef had mostly agreed with it aside from Dogaths initial positioning.
  5. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Yousef nodded. "The land around the camp is mostly level plains, and the bank of the river itself, so we'll have to leave behind the horses and wagon here." He pulled out his map, pointing at the area he was speaking of. Thus far, they'd mostly been heading straight north, if the sun was any judge of things, which would put them east of the river and camp. They'd likely end up leaving their mounts just as the sun began its descent, and would have to hoof it the remainder of the distance. "I'm assuming you didn't pack too heavily, since you've made no mention of having your own horse or mule, which is good, since we'll be walking the rest of the way from there. Dogath will be leading the approach when night falls, since his eyes are well-adjusted to the darkness. He'll give the signal to assume formation once we near, so be prepared for that. We have to do this hard and fast, or we'll be risking our lives more than we need to." Yousef concluded, putting away his map.

Dogath strolled up at that point, having kept an ear on the conversation. Apparently, he'd lifted the basket from Malory from the wagon, and had brought it over. He'd opened it, and had taken a piece of dried fruit out from it as he walked it over to Samanosuke. "You know, my land doesn't have anything sweet like this." He shoved the piece into his hood, likely into his mouth, while held the basket out to Samanosuke. "These so called fruits are strange, but good." Dogath scratched at his head. "You'll want to eat these before we park the horses, since we won't be able to bring them on the walk. It's liable to get in the way, and the scent might tip the enemy off, so eat them while you can."
  6. Devil-Steel

Samanosuke would stand up from his crouch and lean against the back of the wagon. "Everything I own I have with me right now, so I'm prepared to walk." Looking towards Dogath he would take the basket when it was offered to him, pulling out a piece of dried fruit for himself before offering the basket to Yousef. "I don't think we can eat all of this ourselves so feel free to have some of it." While he may have been looking at Yousef, he was talking to everyone in the group. It wouldn't do if any of them were lacking on energy. Turning his attention back to Dogath he would chuckle a bit. "I'm glad that you have found some of our foods agreeable, without the need to add hot coals that is."
  7. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "Eh. It's usually just the soup that tends to be bad. Besides, the coals add a nice.... smokey flavor. I would recommend you try it sometime, but, well..." Dogath blinked a few times at Samanosuke. Yeah, that wasn't going to be happening any time in the near future. He looked over to Yousef, who seemed quite well rested. Good, they were going to need his presence on the field. Dogath hadn't had any experience with the other four, but if they were anything like Yousef, then he knew that they were in good hands. Yousef had climbed into the back of the wagon and had pulled out his own weapons, along with a steel cap helmet. A shield and a mace, and though they seemed quite ordinary, Yousef's skill was not. Dogath nodded towards Yousef, when he spoke again.

"He was part of the Castle Town Guard, for quite some time. A lot of them use swords and a shield, but Yousef, well, he preferred there to be no danger to a culprit's life. He never once drew a blade, instead using a steel baton and a shield. And despite a baton's shorter range and relative inferiority, he never once lost in a fight." Dogath paused for a moment, admiring Yousef's mace, which was inlaid with silver, which crawled up the dark patina of Cold Iron. His shield complemented it well, matching that silver. "When he joined up with the army effort, considering his past success and position, he was awarded with two weapons made to his specifications. A Mirror Shield, and his mace, which is composed of Litonium and Cold Iron, fittingly dubbed Magebane. You'll enjoy watching him, later tonight." Dogath mused. Yousef merely looked over at the Subrosian, raising an eyebrow.
  8. Devil-Steel

So he had been right about Yousef being part of the army after all. Although since he had been holding a royal decree it wasn't such a surprise. Looking over at his weapon and shield as Dogath spoke of Yousef's skills he couldn't say he was surprised. He was impressed that Yousef had such a great weapon and shield, he could only think about the day that he might have such a weapon of his own. Maybe he should become a Weaponsmith some day so he could tinker around with his weapons until he came up with a set up that he liked. One day maybe, but that wouldn't be for some time he was sure. "Well I'm glad to be going into battle with such great warriors at my side." While it was a bit of an assumption he had to assume that those that came with Yousef, and the one he had specifically sought out had to be close to his level of skill. Samanosuke was only worried about being able to keep up with them at this point. He never once slacked in his training in the fortress but this would be his first battle without a group of Gerudo waiting to step in if things went south. If things took a turn for the worst in this upcoming battle he would have to deal with it on his own, there was no safety net this time. He was just glad that he had at least some practice again Lizalfos in his time training. It would keep his confidence up at the very least.
  9. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "Well, I suppose we've rested enough. It's about time we get on the move again." Yousef called for the rest to prepare. It wasn't long before they were mounted up again--in Samanosuke, Dogath, and Yousef's case riding coach once more--and headed out to their battlefield. True to Yousef's predictions, they came to a halt as the sun's deep orange glow was beginning to turn to a cool purple. Yousef and Dogath filed out of the wagon, each donning a small pack of emergency supplies. A similar pack waited for Samanosuke, and he'd notice that the other four also carried one on their back. If anything did go wrong, at the very least they'd have enough to survive off of for a few days, maybe longer. The seven formed up into a circle, finalizing their plans.

"As discussed, you'll be at the front, Dogath. I'll follow up the rear, with Jared and Elizabeth, and Alia in the center. Ban will keep forward with Dogath. Samanosuke, you're more than welcome to stand anywhere you'd like in the column." With that, each began to take their positions. Although Dogath and Ban were quite heavily equipped, their journey wasn't quite so far. It was expected that they would arrive when the moon hung directly up in the sky, even at a slower pace, so there wasn't much concern about not arriving before dawn. Dogath would look back at the ranks behind him, before starting their march.
  10. Devil-Steel

Stepping out of the wagon Samanosuke would don the pack of emergency supplies that had been prepared for him. As Yousef went over the plan one final time the boy would just nod. "I guess I'll be in the center next to Alia then." There wasn't any real deep thought to his choice of positioning. Maybe it was because it was closest to the position he had determined in his earlier formation. Adjusting the swords that rested on either side of his hips he would tighten his belt slightly just before the group set off on their march. A few hours would pass before the enemy camp came into view. It wouldn't be long now before the fight was in full swing. All that was left was for Dogath to fire the first shot sounding the start of a bloody battle.
  11. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Dogath held up a fist, signaling their halt. He circled back, causing the group to reform into a small unit. By now, thankfully, everyone's eyes had time to adjust to the darkness, though his were that much better. "Good thing we're downwind. There's a complication. The Wolfos they've been using to track caravans are apparently being bred here, so there's at least five or so from what I could see. They seem to be collected in a central pen right now; I'm guessing they haven't been trained completely, else they'd be patrolling the area." Dogath hunkered down low, taking a quick check back. They were far enough to escape notice from the main camp, but that didn't mean any patrolling men wouldn't see them.

"I count seven out there, three Moblins, two Stalfos and two Lizalfos. No eyes on Rubyscale. Judging by the number of structures, there's at least a dozen like we thought, so the other five or so must be wandering about, in one of the tents, or the small barracks." He pointed to the little cottage-like structure that appeared to be their barracks. He pointed, then, to the largest tent, which appeared to be an officer's. "I'm willing to bet that's Rubyscale's, but he may not be in there. Elizabeth, Jared, in your first volley, see if you can't get some of the men meandering about the camp. As much as I'd like to fire on the command tent, I'll focus my first few shots on the barracks: with luck, it'll go down, and we'll have caught them with their pants down. The next arrow volleys should be to keep anyone away from that pen of Wolfos. We can't be dealing with those, and the men. The second volley will be your queue to charge, you three." Dogath nodded to Yousef, Samanosuke and Alia. With that, the seven broke formation, forming up to carry out the plan Samanosuke had drawn up earlier.

Hoisting his cannon up, Dogath loaded a bomb into its front end, before aiming it towards the barracks. Stabilizing it with his left arm and knee, he took aim. He turned to nod to Elizabeth and Jared, pulling the cord at the back end of the cannon. With a resounding boom, the bomb took flight, the deafening sound drowning out the high pitched whine of the arrows following it. It crashed into the side of the barracks, a thankfully large target, and exploded, sending wood and shrapnel scattering. The arrows from the first volley came close to their marks, the first taking a Moblin in the shoulder and the second falling just short of a Lizalfos, but such was the curse of the first arrow from a bow. Now that they'd gauged the wind and distance, their next shots would be that much better.

The wounded Moblin squealed in pain, but that was mostly drowned out by the clamoring and shouting of the rest of the camp. A second bomb hit the barracks, just as one of the men inside managed to stagger out, the blast sending him sprawling to the ground. The wood crackled and snapped as it crumpled; two more arrows flew, one taking the prone newcomer--a Lizalfos--in the back. The second, though, was taken by a Stalfos that had thrown itself in front its comrade, the arrow punching into chainmail but not doing much else. With a shot, he pointed in the direction from whence the arrows came.

For the forward three, it was showtime.
  12. Devil-Steel

As the second volley was fired Samanosuke, Yousef, and Alia dashed forward towards the camp that was now in disarray. Yousef charged towards the Stalfos that had taken an arrow for his ally, his shield up and his mace ready. This particular Stalfos was one of the four-armed variants. It was clear that he also had nightvision since he had been able to spot the group to point them out after taking the arrow. The Stalfos would attack with both of his right arms his scimitars threatening to leave Yousef in pieces. The veteran warrior would block the Stalfos strike with his shield causing it to recoil and giving Yousef an opening to strike. With a high leap into the air and a front flip Yousef would flip up and over the Stalfos, his mace flying towards the back of its skull. Before he could make contact though the Stalfos would break apart and fall to the ground. The head of the Stalfos would start bouncing around to keep away from Yousef, but he had already found himself otherwise pre-occupied with the Lizalfos that the Stalfos had protected. The Lizalfos had aimed his ball and chain at Yousef the moment he landed. Luckily Yousef had spotted him while still in the air and was able to get his shield up in time. The impact would force him to slide back a few feet as well as leave his shield hand a little numb. He wouldn't be able to finish off the Stalfos, and could only hope that one of the ranged members of the group would be able to finish it off.

While Yousef started his encounter with the Stalfos, Alia had gone after the ground Lizalfos. Jumping high into the air, higher than most Hylian's would be able to, she would aim her spear down and would plummet downward hard and fast. The injured Lizalfos was too busy trying to reach the arrow in it's back to see the attack coming and paid the ultimate price. Pulling her spear from the corpse of the Lizalfos her eyes would land on the Common Moblin in front of her. It stood somewhere close to seven and a half foot tall, maybe a bit taller, and it was already rushing towards her in a mad blitz! Although the female Hylian hadn't been talked up as much as Yousef, she was no slouch. With her enhanced jump Alia would jump over the charging Moblin and land safely on the other side. It was at times like this she had wished she had learned Helm Splitter like Yousef. Gripping her spear tight she would keep her eyes focused on the beast in front of her.

Samanosuke had gone the opposite direction of Alia and had headed for the Goriya that had taken an arrow to the shoulder. As he approached he would grip the hilt of each of his still sheathed weapons tightly. The Goriya would swing his club at the boy with its good arm, but the young Hylian would drop to a slide drawing his blades as he did so. The Goriya's club would barely miss his head, while his two swords would cut into the thighs of the beast while he passed between it's legs. Standing up he wouldn't look back and would leave the heavily injured Goriya to his ranged companions. His target was the second Stalfos who was taking aim at Alia with a crossbow! He would focus on the sword in his right hand as he closed in of the Stalfos before unleashing a Gerudo Dragon at the skeleton's arm. The Stalfos hadn't seen it coming and thus his right arm would be cleaved at the elbow, the crossbow tilting upwards as it fired a bolt off. The bolt would soar high into the air, but it was of no danger to anyone with the angle it was fired at. Releasing the crossbow with it's left hand as a dark purple, almost black in the dead of night, mist sprayed from his hand. Samanosuke would immediately retreat from the miasma, coughing and stumbling as he did so. His stomach was turning and he felt as if he was going to throw up, but he knew he would have to fight on. The boy didn't have much of a choice actually, the Stalfos he had attacked had drawn its scimitar and was coming straight for him! As the scimitar came down to cleave him in half he would swing his sword up and to the side wildly. It would knock the scimitar off course, but his left shoulder would still be grazed by it. He would let out a cry a pain as he stumbled further back and out of the miasma cloud.
  13. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    As Dogath had suspected, Rubyscale had indeed been within that tent. Two other lizard-men stepped out from it with him. Yet, Dogath was sure he'd made the right decision in bombing the barracks. One of their enemies had already been eliminated, a Lizalfos, and only eight were readily apparent, one of which was injured. The Subrosian estimated that at least two more had been within that building, maybe more. Still, when he saw Rubyscale appear, he sucked his breath in sharply with apprehension. That deadly Dinalfos immediately began to bark out orders, his presence having a noticeable affect on the organization and concentration of his men. Dogath had to disrupt him some how.

"Let's get going!" Dogath yelled out to the three behind him: it was apparent that their help would be needed, and soon. They each ran off in a dead sprint, Ban running ahead with his Pegasus Boots, despite his heavy armor. Dogath loaded while he sprinted forward, a feat manageable only due to his Power Bracelets encircling his wrists. Taking no time to aim, he pulled the cord of his cannon, sending another bomb flying. He needed it to only be accurate enough for his purposes, and though it came nowhere near striking Rubyscale, the explosion nevertheless blasted nearby the small group of three. His voice momentarily drowned out by the explosion, Rubyscale decided that remaining where he was at was no longer wise. He, and his two men, decided to join the fray, though they were mildly dazed from the explosion. Though Rubyscale and one of his bodyguards seemed to have no trouble running in the correct direction, the other bodyguard, an Aeralfos, seemed to be having slight trouble with taking to the air, having had been closest to the explosion. He lagged behind, taking several moments of clumsy flapping before he wobbled into the air.

Meanwhile, Ban had his crossbow raised, closing the distance with the Goriya that Samanosuke had wounded. Unable to move as quickly, legs hampered by his wounds, the Goriya looked up too late to see a bolt, the projectile lodging into his head. He hit the ground, dead, as Ban tossed aside his crossbow and drew his longsword, sliding to a halt just in front of Samanosuke, shield raised to absorb a blow from the Stalfos attacking his comrade.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth had her bow raised, sending a running shot at the Lizalfos currently engaged with Yousef. The Lizalfos was attentive, leaping backwards at the approaching whine of an arrow, but the momentary distraction gave Yousef an opening. The man charged forward quickly with an underhanded stroke, and though the Lizalfos managed to raise its arms defensively, he felt the satisfying crack of the lizard's ribs and forearm. Still, the beast's scales had done wonders to prevent the blow from ending its life, and in desperation, it threw one of its claws down heavily at Yousef, forcing him to leap back defensively.

Alia remained engaged with the moblin, circling it and trying to gauge its skill and strengths. The moblin, now slouch itself, did the same.

Meanwhile, the Stalfos that had lurched away as a collection of bones was reforming itself, attempting to take Dogath by surprise. The Subrosian had been prepared though, his enhanced eyesight not missing the tell tale signs of rustling grass, and fate ivory. As the body reformed, it was swiftly met with a blow from Dogath's cannon, which he'd now grasped by its front end with both hands, in club-like fashion. The sheer weight of the metal pulverized the bones, sending them scattering back to the ground. Stepping over the corpse newly returned to its natural state, Dogath loosed a battle cry, charging to battle with his ridiculous weapon.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  14. Devil-Steel

Jared, unlike Ban and Elizabeth hadn't run straight into battle. No he had made his way around the outskirts of the battlefield an arrow already notched in his bow. He was watching and waiting. Waiting for a clear shot on the Moblin that Alia was facing off against. As the two of them circled each other Jared would smile as the Moblin began circling towards him. Pulling his bowstring back he would quickly line up a shot before loosing his arrow. The high pitched whine of the arrow would get the Moblin's attention, but he wouldn't be able to avoid the it. The arrow would lodge itself deep into the elbow of it's main arm, causing it to drop its weapon, and giving Alia the opening she needed!

Indeed, the moment the weapon was free of it's owners grasp Alia would charge in with her already bloody spear. Pulling her weapon back she would thrust it forward with all her might. The blade of her spear would pierce the throat of the Moblin, before she pulled it out and took a step back. The Moblin would fall forward dead and lifeless as Alia took a moment to catch her breath.

As the Stalfos beared down on him again the young swordsman would bite his lower lip knowing he wouldn't be able to get his arm up in time to block. That was when Ban stepped in and blocked the strike with his shield. Not wanting to waste the opportunity that had just presented itself he would swing his left arm with all of his might at the spine of the Stalfos in front of him from below Ban's shield. With the shield obstructing the Stalfos' view of Samanosuke he never saw his impending doom approaching and was cut clean in half, his bones falling to the ground lifelessly. "Thanks Ban." Coughed out the young Hylian as he got to his feet. He would spot the Arealfos take to the skies and curse under his breath, but before he could decide what to do next his attention would be drawn to the final Moblin. The Miniblin was standing next to the Wolfos pen, a wicked smile on his face as he unlocked the cage and opened the door releasing the pack of five Wolfos into the mix. "HEADS UP WE HAVE MORE COMPANY!" This was all that Samanosuke could do at the moment to try and warn his friends of the newest threat. Luckily everyone was currently paired up with at least one other fighter, except for Dogath.
  15. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    As the Aeralfos ascended, it pulled out a wooden wand, though the shape and length were difficult to identify in the relatively dark night. What was important, though, was that it was putting its advantage of height to use. With a few flaps of its wings it had flown fairly high into the air, taking a birdeye vantage of the battle. It was fairly apparent that their forces were quickly falling, but with Rubyscale entering the fray, it did not expect that to last for long. With two quick swipes of its wand, it shot off a ball of Fire and a Magic Bolt in quick succession, while a third flick imbued the other bodyguard, a Dinalfos, with the power of a Fire Enchantment, its glaive glimmering a dangerous crimson. Momentarily exhausted by its quick expenditure of magic, despite its highly developed Magic Power, the Aeralfos had to concentrate most of his energy on hovering in the air, to lend continued support when needed.

Elizabeth was too distracted to see the Fire bolt descending down upon her, her bow trained on one of the swiftly advancing Wolfos. Yousef, thankfully, was more aware, though he could not pinpoint the source. Nevertheless, he threw himself in front of the projectile, shield raised in a hairsbreadth of time. The ball of flames impacted with the shimmering surface of that shield, before it shot out once again, hitting the wounded Lizalfos square in the back, who, after Yousef's bone-crushing blow, was midst retreat. Elizabeth's bow twanged, the arrow whizzing out and taking her target in the skull. The straggler Wolfos hit the ground hard, before sliding to a halt.

Meanwhile, the rest of the pack had chosen an easier target; the lone robed figure, striding onto the battlefield with a rather unwieldy weapon. And against such agile foes, it truly wasn't ideal, Dogath thought to himself. Without hesitation he dropped it to the ground, which only spurred the Wolfos on further. The four had split into pairs, approaching Dogath from each side. These must have been nearing the end of their training, thought Dogath to himself, for they were apparently fairly well coordinated. He reached into the depths of his pockets, grabbing a sphere in each hand, and sliding to a halt just as the animals neared.

A Wolfos from each pair lagged behind the other; the leading Wolfos of each pair darted around to Dogath's sides. Meanwhile, the two laggard leaped from where they stood, fangs bared and slavering. Dogath grunted in annoyance; Wolfos were smarter than most other beasts, but they were always far too eager. He fell backwards, as if in fright from the approaching death, before his Backshift Cape took control. Flying backwards, he simultaneously removed his hands from his pockets and threw the bombs into the ground, right at the point that the first two Wolfos were converging. The explosion sent their bodies flying into the air, the proximity tearing into flesh and singing hair.

The other two Wolfos, who were coming around the sides to flank Dogath, found themselves once again approaching him from the front. Still, as he flew backwards, they attempted to take advantage of his relative immobility in the air. The Subrosian had placed his right hand back into a pocket, grabbing a sphere of a different sort. The Wolfos leaped at him two, this time one from below and the other from above. Not missing a beat, Dogath aimed a swift kick with his left leg, despite the fact that it would lack power from his being off the ground, his other leg positioned behind him and ready to touch the ground. His other hand had been removed from the pocket, pulling out a cannonball. With a mental command, he summoned his Iron Boots. He was suddenly forced back onto the ground with their weight, his swift kick turning into the blow of a hammer: it cracked against the skull of the Wolfos. Meanwhile, his right arm came down with the ball of iron, taking the fourth and final Wolfos square on the bridge of its nose, shattering its nasal passage and grounding it.

Of course, while this happened, the Dinalfos with its enchanted glaive, as well as Rubyscale, were approaching Alia, who cautiously began to back away. The Miniblin was headed towards Ban and Samanosuke, as the Magic Bolt was soaring down towards Samanosuke.
  16. Devil-Steel

While Samanosuke hadn't been prepared to combat magic in this fight, it didn't mean the boy didn't know what to do. With a quick roll to his right he would avoid the magic bolt that had been aimed for him, while Ban would step back to avoid it. Looking over at him, then up at the Arealfos that had taken flight, and finally down to the Miniblin that was heading their way the young Hylian would only smile as he stood up and sheathed the katana in his left hand. While he preferred dual wielding, his would need to save his left arm for the fight against Rubyscale. Besides who needs to use two swords to take down a Miniblin in single combat?

"Ban, go find your crossbow and see if you Elizabeth and Jared can't turn that Arealfos into a pincushion."

Ban would smile as he nodded to the young swordsman and ran off towards the Goriya he had grounded earlier. His crossbow would be someone in the vicinity of of it's corpse. As Ban ran off Samanosuke would focus his attention on the Miniblin, glad that most spell had some glow to them which would let him spot any fire balls or magic bolts that would come flying his way. He held his right arm down at his side, the tip of his katana less than an inch above the ground. The Miniblin on the other hand held it's spear pointed up at the Hylian. Their attack range was similar thanks to the Miniblin using a long weapon, this fact gave the small creature confidence to attempt the first strike. It would quickly thrust it's spear towards Samanosuke's chest, but the Hylian would quickly side step it as he reached up and took hold of the spear behind the spear head with his left hand. His right arm was already flying forward in an upward stroke. Flames coated the blade of his weapon as he unleashed a Gerudo Dragon, slaying the small creature.

Turning around he would sheath his second katana and shift the spear to his right arm. He would lift the spear up next to his head, and pull his arm back before throwing the spear at the stumbling Lizalfos. The fire ball that hard struck it in the back had created just enough of an opening for the young Hylian to throw the spear at it. While he wasn't trained with throwing weaponry, he was a warrior nonetheless. The spear would fly true, striking the Lizalfos in the stomach causing it to drop down to one knee and let out a horrendous cry of pain. The Lizalfos wouldn't be left to suffer for long as Yousef came up behind it bringing his mace down hard on the top of it's head putting the creature out of it's misery.

With that all that was left was Rubyscale and his two bodyguards. Alia had made her way around one of the tents, allowing her to circle towards Dogath. She wasn't too keen on taking on a pair of Dinalfos by herself and had kept her distance. Yousef and Samanosuke were moving to back her and Dogath up and Ban found his crossbow and had started signaling Elizabeth and Jared about their flying foe. The battle was quickly coming to a close, and neither side was going to give an inch.
  17. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Yousef ran ahead, passing Dogath, who'd bent to pick up Sharon once again. Hefting the cannon, he, too, ran forward to meet with Rubyscale and his bodyguard. Alia and Yousef exchanged glances briefly as he passed her; Alia pivoted on her feet, turning just as Yousef's back passed her. Yousef charged forward, taking the first blow of the glaive wielder, whose flame enchanted weapon exploded with fire against his shield. Yousef's knees bent beneath the strength of the blow--was there some other magic the Dinalfos had?--before swinging up with his mace. The Dinalfos, who was quite distant already with the range of his weapon, merely lifted his glaive once again to take a second swipe, this time from the side. He was fast, and knew how to use the length and weight of his weapon to his advantage, but Yousef was just a touch faster.

Stepping forward with his lead foot, Yousef brought his shield to the side, its corner taking the edge of the glaive and sending it to the side. Alia, from the other side of Yousef, had stepped out to thrust in a swift jab at the Dinalfos. It wouldn't be ended that easily, though, as the weak spear hit grazed against chainmail as the Dinalfos twisted to the side. Hopping back, it loosed its Fire Breath downwards, hoping to at least burn Yousef's legs: he'd seen the shield reflect the Fire from before. No such luck, as Yousef dropped to a crouch, reflecting those flames, though they largely canceled out with each other. The Dinalfos grunted with dissatisfaction, taking a few small steps backwards.

Dogath, meanwhile, had started to engage Rubyscale. "Samanosuke!" Dogath barked out, hoping the Hylian would join him to take down the leader of the camp. He dragged the cannon through the air, swiping it to the side to take the Dinalfos in the torso, who, other than the metal spikes embedded on the end of his tail, appeared to be unarmed and unarmored. Dogath hadn't had time to ponder that, though he now knew, as he watched the Dinalfos duck beneath the blow with incredible agility and flexibility, the lizardman's hands brushing against the bottom of the cannon and pushing upwards.

The cannon flew up, blown by some great force, while Rubyscale took the opening he'd created and continued forward. Dogath's eyes widened in surprise, then pain, as Rubyscale's gloves fists made contact with his leather cuirass beneath his robes, sending the Subrosian sliding backwards. Taking in a shuddering breath, he couldn't feel any blood or broken bones, but his muscles would be heavily bruised. "Magic." he hissed out, eyes narrowing. Not only was Rubyscale apparently adept with Melee Magic, but he also had some kind of strength or power, capable of blowing his heavy weapon so off course. Dogath looked Rubscale in the eyes, who returned the glare. The Subrosian was glad he had called for Samanosuke's help on this one. Hopefully, between the two of them...
  18. Devil-Steel

Ban, Jared and Elizabeth each readied their bows, crossbow in Ban's case, and aimed up towards the Aeralfos who had managed to slightly recover from his earlier rapid expenditure of magic. Not a moment too soon either as the Jared unleashed the first arrow with a twang. With a flick of his wrist a fireball would be unleashed from his wand directly in the path of the arrow incinerating it. Elizabeth had shuffled two steps to the right and loosed her arrow, the Aeralfos would fly up higher to avoid the second arrow not wanting to repeat his earlier expenditure rate. Unfortunately for the flying beast Ban's crossbow didn't have the tell-tell twang of Jared and Elizabeth's bows. No it was a much lower mechanical sound that had gone unnoticed by the Aeralfos. The result was the bolt ripping through one of the Aeralfos' wing. While the bolt hadn't made a fatal strike it would be enough to ground their opponent.

The Aeralfos would try it's best to glide downwards with his wounded wing, but the ground was approaching far quicker than he had wanted it too. Landing hard on his other arm he would feel and hear his bones crack as he skidded along the ground away from the group of archers. Standing up the Aeralfos would swing his arm, the one with the wounded wing, at Ban. From the tip of his wand.....wait....where was his wand? In the heat of the moment the Aeralfos had forgotten that the sharp pain in his wing had caused him to drop his wand. The quick descent that followed had made it impossible for the creature to see where his wand had fallen. The mage was left unarmed as Ban and Jared began their approach. Ban had his sword and shield at the ready, his crossbow laying upon the ground once more. Jared began circling around Ban his bow still in hand, an arrow already resting on the string of his bow. The moment the Aeralfos dropped it guard it would find an arrow lodging itself in its vitals. While the boys handled the grounded Aeralfos, Elizabeth had turned her attention to the two Dinalfos. Just like Jared was circling Ban, Elizabeth was circling Yousef and Alia with her bow in hand. She was just waiting to get a clear shot to help her friends down the fire breathing menace.

As Dogath slid back Samanosuke would run past him, his weapon still sheathed, as he headed towards Rubyscale. The lizard would hiss as it threw a punch towards the young Hylian, but Rubyscale would find that he wasn't the only one that was quick and agile as Samanosuke sidestepped the punch. The boy's right hand had found it's way to his the hilt of his weapon, and in one swift and fluid motion the blade had been drawn and was flying towards the unarmored lizards chest. Spinning to his right and leaning down Rubyscales tail would fly upwards and strike against Samanosuke's blade, sparks of magic flying from the impact of the metal tail clashing with the blade. His sword arm would be flung backwards from the impact as he winced at the bright flash from the magic. Samanosuke had almost been disarmed from that clash of power, but he knew the fighting tactics of Dinalfos all too well. As Rubyscale came back around the flames were already leaving his mouth in an attempt to cook the Hylian alive, but Samanosuke had been prepared for the flames and had already stepped back out of range, stopping next to Dogath. "Tch. He's better than I thought, if a little predictable. We're going to have to work together, and I have an idea." Looking down at Dogath a worried smile on his face as he looked towards the cannon before his eyes went back to Rubyscale. "Do me a favor and load that thing. I'll create an opening, don't waste it." It was a risky plan, but he trusted Dogaths aim. While Rubyscale may have been a smaller target than the barracks, he was also a closer target, so the young Hylian had faith that the bomb would be on target.

Drawing his other sword with his bloodied left hand he would hold the weapon down at his side and his extended his right arm out behind him. It was an unorthodox stance to say the least, but that was the stance Samanosuke was taking as he rushed in once more. Rubyscale wouldn't stand and wait knowing that it was a battle of speed and agility against the Hylian and he was intent on proving that he was the better of the two in those aspects. As the two closed in on each other the lizard would swipe at the Hylian's face only for the bottom of his gloves to be impacted by a flaming sword knocking his arm up and away. Realizing his compromised position he would pull his head backwards and quickly take a deep breath. Throwing his head forward he would exhale flames at Samanosuke who was still rushing forward! As the flames threatened to engulf him the young Hylian would only smile as he quickly executed the Spin Attack he had already begun to prepare for after his Gerudo Dragon had finished. The waves of force would push the flames away from his body and cause them to spin around him like a vortex. The heat was causing him to sweat and causing small burns all over his body, but there was more danger to Rubyscale than to Samanosuke. The slicing wave from his sword had cut into the lizard, but had been weaken after forcing it's way through the flames. With a hiss Rubyscale would stumbling off to his left as Samanosuke took a few steps to his left as well. "Now Dogath!"
  19. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    It was a solid plan. With the size of his own weapon, and the length of Samanosuke's, it would have been unwise to try to fight Rubyscale simultaneously. The two had never worked together before, so they would likely have posed just as much a threat to each other as Rubyscale. Dogath nodded; this would be Samanosuke's fight, and to be honest, the Subrosian was interested in how the young man would operate against difficult opponent. Dogath tracked the fight between the two carefully, waiting patiently for Samanosuke to present him a good opportunity to fire his loaded cannon. He circled them quietly, until the moment the Hylian called out. Without hesitation, Dogath pulled the firing cord.

Rubyscale had momentarily lost his balance, but his tail whipped out, acting as another weight, to stabilize him in the breath of a moment. The Dinalfos was back into a stable stance again, facing Dogath just a breath after Samanosuke had called out to the Subrosian. The lizard had heard Dogath's cannon firing before, and had even clashed with the small man briefly: he knew it was only a matter of time before that cannon roared out once more. He stilled his breathing, eyes flaming with the intensity of his concentration: then, that deafening sound rang out once more.

Dogath could do nothing but stare, slack jawed, in amazement. His eyes could not track the cannonball as it was fire from his weapon, though he certainly smelled the lit blackpowder on the air. It had not misfired, and there was a newly formed crater. But Rubyscale still stood; in that brief moment of the cannonball's flight, the Dinalfos had moved his hands up, gloves pointing at the iron projectile, while he himself swiftly dodged to the side. His movement, in combination with the slowing effect his mysterious gloves seemed to have on the metal, gave him just enough time to move himself out of the way.

Snarling, Rubyscale took no time to set off at a sprint towards Dogath, closing the distance quickly, hoping to take out the stunned Subrosian. It wouldn't be that easy, though he had little room to react. Taking a step back, he activated his Backshift Cape, letting it fling him backwards. At the same time, Dogath kicked up some of the dirt on the ground, throwing it up towards the Dinalfos' face. Reflexively, Rubyscale raised his hands to shield his eyes, and though his hands moved back into position quickly, Dogath still observed a curious phenomena. A few small rocks, and a bit of dirt, had remained suspended in the air briefly. That was the last clew he needed. "It's magnetism!" Dogath yelled out to Samanosuke. In the background, Dogath's ears still picked up the sounds of battle, but from the sound of things, it was going well enough for the others.
  20. Devil-Steel

Ban continued forward towards the injured Aeralfos that was rapidly scrambling backwards away from the heavily armored foe that was fast approaching. With him so focused on Ban, Jared loosed an arrow aimed for the Aeralfos' legs in an attempt halt its retreat away from Ban and its certain defeat. The arrow would pierce through the Aeralfos' thigh a few inches above its knee. The wound would cause the retreating Aeralfos to collapse in pain grasping at the arrow as a screamed out in pain. It would stifle its scream as Bans shadow was cast over it. Glaring up at Ban it would hiss up at him as Bans sword came down and cut deeply into the Aeralfos' chest causing it to fall to the ground lifelessly. The two of them would turn and start making their way towards Alia, Elizabeth, and Yousef to help with the Dinalfos they were facing off against. The quicker they finished it off the quicker the five of them could help Samanosuke and Dogath with Rubyscale.

Samanosuke could only watch as the cannonball missed its mark. Disbelief rushed over his face as Rubyscale rushed towards Dogath. Just how had Dogath missed the mark at such a short distance? He just couldn't wrap his head around how the speeding projectile had missed. Everything became clear as Dogath yelled out about the magnetism. While it was good to know what they were up against he couldn't help but scowl at the news. If he did in fact have magnetic abilities they had to be in those gloves of his which would give him a bit of an edge against his swords. Landing a decisive blow just became far more difficult.

With a quick flick of the wrists Samanosuke had flipped his swords into a reverse grip which was rather unorthodox for the young swordsman. With his new grip ready Samanosuke would charge in behind Rubyscale. Instead of extending his arms behind him to prepare for a slash, but rather lifted his arms up before throwing his arms forward one after the other. As his arms flew forward he would release the hilts of his weapons and send them flying towards Rubyscale. The first sword had sailed just in front of Rubyscale without striking him and causing him to turn his attention back to the young Hylian just in time to spot the second sword flying towards him. With a few quick and simple movements Rubyscale would use his gloves to deflect the second blade with ease.

Samanosuke had been following rather closely behind his thrown blades which had put him within striking distance of Rubyscale after he had deflected the second blade. While he didn't have a third bladed weapon to strike home with he wasn't left totally unarmed as Rubyscale would soon become aware of. The young samurai's right arm flew up with his sheathe in hand. The sheathe would land a solid blow to the side of Rubyscales head causing him to stumble backwards slightly. While the blow had hurt it wouldn't do much more than bruise him, assuming he managed to survive the night. Though Samanosuke wasn't done yet. As Rubyscale stumbled backwards, Samanosuke had stepped forward and thrust his second sheathe towards Rubyscales stomach in an attempt to keep him stunned.

Rubyscale would try to use his magnetic glove to push the strike away only to find that the sheathe wasn't made of metal but rather out of wood. That fact would let the thrust land true and cause Rubyscale to take even more steps back, a maneuver that Samanosuke would actually mirror. The sheathes wouldn't let him land any fatal strikes, but would let him bypass those pesky magnetic gloves, even if they would leave him slightly more vulnerable to Rubyscales fire breath and metal club of a tail.