Kiran- Blind Prophet

Discussion in 'Retired Characters' started by Blonde Panther, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Name: Kiran Pacem.
    Race: Hylian.
    Place of Origin: Northern Civilian.
    PWC: 1/5/3.

Note:The coming four things don't actually have any bearing on his power or his abilities or anything. I just like adding pointless fluff to my profiles.
    Class: Prophet.
    Associated Element: Light.
    Alignment: Lawful Good.
    Theme: Cursed Shinsu Field II by Masami Ueda (Okami OST)

Mastered Abilities and Spells:
    - Rupee Riches (Free; +50 Rupees after character creation)
    - Magic Proficiency (Free; +50 Wisdom Rupees)
    - Gift of Prophecy (-30 Wisdom Rupees
    - Prophet’s Bargain (-15 Wisdom Rupees)
    - Sense (-60 Rupees)
    - Tune of Echoes

Inventory:
    A basket in which he carries Lowen around.
    Rupees: 115 remaining.
    Rupee/Treasure history (open)
    Character Creation:
    Character Creation +100 r.
    Magic Proficiency +50 r.
    Gift of Prophecy –30 r.
    Prophet’s Bargain -15 r.
    Sense -60 r.
    Unused Wisdom Rupees -5 r.​
    Roleplaying spoils:

Residence:
    Kiran resides inside the village temple, wherein he is sheltered by a small group of priests. It is all he knows and he doesn’t venture far outside of his bedroom often. He knows the entire temple by heart, though, and can navigate it without walking into anything.
    Companions:
    Lowen (Pet): A white
    angora rabbit that Kiran has owned for a few years now. He’s very docile and quiet in nature, and Kiran’s only ‘real friend’ who expects nothing more than cuddles out of him.
    Acquaintances:

Height: 5 foot 4.
    Weight: Unknown.
    Appearance:
    Kiran’s is a highly unusual appearance. Quite short and skinny for his age, his build betrays his frailty. His skin is rather pale due to him not being allowed outside, and it’s not helped by his long, pure white hair. His eyes can be startling to those who are unprepared. His irises are normal brown in color, but his pupils appear filled with a white mist, signalling his total blindness; Kiran is unable to perceive even the brightest light. He refuses to wear a blindfold, not wanting to draw attention to it. As all Hylians, he has pointed ears, supposedly to better hear the whisperings of the goddesses with.

Kiran is expected to wear his priestly robes at all times, except when he’s sleeping. They’re custom-fit to his build, hang to the ground and are pure white in color, trimmed with gold. In the middle of the front, the white is split in half by a vertical, tan band decorated with a black motif. The robe is hooded, and covers up all other clothing Kiran wears underneath. Said clothing is usually an in comparison very simple set of white pants and tunic.

Personality:
    Being a child of the Order of Light, Kiran has been brought up with its ideals. He is a modest and patient young man, mature beyond his years, and quite smart and inventive- he learned to recognize and interpret his dreams on his own, as well as how to feel the changes in the air around him if he were approached by one with hostile intent. However, Kiran has a deadly degree of naivety, a weakness he has in common with many of his order. He wants to see the good in everyone, even when it’s just not there.

As a result of being sheltered, Kiran is very ignorant of the world around him. He only knows of Ganon because his mother has asked him several times if he could tell her anything about his future moves, but was never given any information on the man himself or the troops he commanded. In fact, Kiran doesn’t know anything at all about the currently raging war between the King of Hyrule and the King of Evil.

Kiran has finely honed his four senses to make up for his lack of sight. He doesn’t really miss the light of day since he has never seen it, and he appreciates certain scents and textures much like seeing people appreciate certain sights. His favourite texture, out of the limited number that he has access to in the temple, is Lowen’s fluffy fur.

Backstory:
    When Kiran was first born, his biological father had found himself in a real jam. His father was a Light Priest in service to the small, but well-regarded temple of Backwater, a village so small it’s not even marked on most maps of Hyrule. He was not ranked high enough in the hierarchy to marry, let alone produce children, and a short slip-up on a whim resulting in a child was to be detrimental to his career. Kiran’s mother, on the other hand, was a little young to be having children- at least, his maternal grandfather was not at all pleased with his approach.

The circumstances were perfect for Kiran to be murdered upon birth or to be born into a life of misery. However, fate, coincidence, or maybe the Golden Goddesses themselves interfered.

Kiran was born blind, with the pure white hair that he retains even today, and the priestess that had aided in his birth saw something on him. On his lower back, he bore a birthmark. If one tilted their head into just the right angle, and with a little imagination, one could interpret this birthmark as resembling the Triforce. Kiran was dragged off towards the high priestess, who agreed with her lower-ranked Sister and declared the child a divine creature, though not as great and powerful as the Golden Goddesses, but a gift from them.

Of course, Kiran knows nothing of all this. As a result of this ‘declaration of divinity,’ he was not only spared but given a place in the temple and the order. He has come to regard the high priestess as his mother and has been told that his father was a knight, fallen in battle with the forces of Ganon.

Over the course of his life, Kiran has found himself admired by many, especially in Backwater and surrounding villages. This only became greater after he became conscious and able to speak, and he revealed that he often dreamt of future events, some of which had, in retrospect, actually occurred within mere days of him having the dream. The fact that he knew nothing of how to interpret them and that he could not summon them at will were happily ignored by the order, much to his frustration as he was now asked almost daily to report his predictions.

In order to avoid becoming worshipped as a Golden God himself, Kiran has decided to just not tell anyone that shortly after turning fifteen he started having visions during the day as well. He’s managed to keep it hidden, and reporting nonsensical dreams that mean nothing even when he HAD dreamt something meaningful has started proving successful in keeping his admirers off his back.

Another thing he has kept from those around him is his recently developed ability to foretell the intentions of all who approach him. How or when he learned to do this, he doesn't know, but he can taste on the air whether anyone close to him is friendly.

However, there is still something that bothers him. He is not allowed to leave the temple, in part due to his blindness. The high priestess tells him that it is too dangerous for him to go outside, because he cannot see the people who would do him harm and he has no means of protecting himself. As a result, Kiran knows nothing of the outside world, as those who would tell him about it are warded from him at all times.

Still, the desire grows within the blind prophet to go outside, even if only once, to hear, feel, and smell the world outside the temple.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Sorry for the wait. This checks out fine. It started feeling a little Mary-Sue there in places, but I think the overall effect is good. I shied away initially, especially when I got to the Triforce mark, but it looks like you emphasized a "this is not actually a Triforce they imagined it." As long as it does not turn into a Triforce mark, I'm fine. If it does, then it pushes Kiran into the Mary-Sue area and eeeeeh let's not go there.

I can see RP potential in this character; nice job! [1/2]
  3. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    It is certainly not a Triforce mark. At most, it's my making fun of how religious nutjobs overexaggerate everything that could be taken remotely as a sign of [insert god here].
  4. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

I feel obligated to remind you that religion is a sensitive topic that the staff keeps a closer eye on, especially since a few of us are what you might classify as "religious nutjobs." It's just a sensitive area, and jabs and condescension in an OOC context (for or against) are kind of rude and not appreciated. I don't think this was your intention with your comment, but I just wanted to make that clear.

At any rate, everything in the character passes, and it shall be moved accordingly.
  5. Guy

Guy Admin admin

This character has been reposted and reapproved in the thread linked here. As such, this thread will be moved to Retired Characters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.