Ki Stone

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Cloud, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    So this'll basically be a treasure that draws upon '''''''spiritual energy''''''' to do a thing.

basically, it makes your weapon sharper, or whatever. '''''''spiritual energy''''''' is different from magic separated by some kind of idk inherent property or something. magical knowledge = w, spiritual energy = c? idk.

anyways we'd probably have to price this so that it's not just another 'oh hey I can throw this onto x' though that'll probably happen regardless.

really, I'm just bearing witness to a typo that I thought would make a super neat addition to our treasure system. thoughts?
  2. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

I like the idea. Could help expand characters a bit and give the low wisdom characters something else to work with for their own form of magic.

While most beings in Hyrule have the ability to use magic, not everyone is born with a talent for it. Still from time to time you hear about someone achieving a great feat even though they had no magical prowess. It is rumored that those people had a Ki Stone in their possession allowing them to draw up upon a different source of power to fuel their powerful abilities. Some people claim that it this Ki Stone allows the holder to use their spirit as a source of energy, while others claim it draws upon their will. Others even doubt the existence of such a stone even in a world full of powerful and mysterious treasures. Whatever the truth is, one thing is certain. These Ki Stones do exist and any who can get their hands on one can only benefit from having it.

A possible description for it. Haven't wrote anything in awhile and after reading about it I just got a random bug up my ass and started typing. Don't know if where my mind went will be accurate or even of any use in fleshing this out more but I just wanted to throw something out since it has been so long since I have.
  3. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    yeah idk

the main reason I suggested this was so that PCs who are more materially skilled than magically skilled was so that they could strike various poses (basically taunts as in Super Smash Bros.) then they'd get a boost or something, but idk what that boost would be. maybe a sharper, sturdier blade? but not as sturdy as, say, stainless steel because any sword made from that'll break. but we have Goron Iron, so I guess it doesn't really matter.
  4. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

Then maybe come up with a few different possible effects that people could chose from.

Sharper, sturdier weapon. Weapon weighs less (I know we have a material for that already as well just dont remember the name off hand). Maybe alter the weapons size mid battle; short sword to long sword that that little extra reach or the reverse for those indoor situations where a longsword can't be swung effectively. Could also be used on armor as well to make it sturdier, or a shield larger to block a larger attack. Maybe even a few minor physical boosts to the holder. Something small like 25% strength/speed/agility or maybe even mental acuity to help them react faster for a limited time.

To be able to use multiple effects they would have to buy Ki Stone multiple times, and have a different pose for each different effect they own.