Inauspicious Conditions

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Saria, May 2, 2015.

1. Saria

Saria Severely Acute Radical Syndrome reg

Spaghet knew exactly why he was here. What a stupid, stupid reason. The Bokoblin shook his head. He covered up his face as he walked towards the temple, his bare feet sinking into the sand with each step. A small groan escaped his mouth. A lot was on his mind. He had been leaving his dog with his neighbor so often recently. It was... distressing. Wiki had been obnoxious as usual and her father had been incredibly short with him in his letters. There was also the fact he had been trying to figure out exactly how to approach the idea of his dreams actually well, meaning something.

"Absolutely not," Spaghet growled, crossing his arms. "Abs... absolutely not." The moblin's nails clattered onto the steps of the temple. He had opted for looser garments today to better allow any stray wind to cool his skin. He appreciated any bit of breeze he got.

Suddenly, he smelt something on the wind. He knew that smell, distinctly Hylian, and with not much else around he could pick it out quite easily. The Bokoblin would quickly obscure himself behind one of the columns of the desert temple, making sure to keep himself out of sight before the man approached. When the man was close enough to him to be heard and far enough that a sword being pulled out on him wouldn't kill him, he cleared his throat spoke.

"... Mr. Surgate."
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius walked along the sandy dunes once more. He couldn't tell where he was at this point; nor exactly what he was looking for. Still, though, he was comfortable enough; thanks to the Dodongo Hide hidden underneath his Zora Mail. He couldn't have thanked Sienna enough to have given him it before he had headed out. Normally, anyone else likely would be sweating and dehydrated; but Julius was quite comfortable. Nearly in any environment now, he thought to himself, feeling the light white fur rub against his bare skin. How useful it was to know such a skilled armorer.

It was his time to revel in another's gift, he supposed; after Sienna had received that blade of his, he could have imagined the look of sheer... pleasure-- ugh, a chill shot down his spine -- plastered onto her face. He was still somewhat uncomfortable around her. It was only natural, he supposed; given that she was one of the most psychopathic, sadistic beings he'd ever met.

Soon, Julius happened upon a structure of sandstone. It was circled with pillars of all different shapes; erosion had taken its toll on these stone monuments, it seemed. Intrigued, Julius wandered closer to the building, wary of what may lurk inside. He had been in this desert before, and he knew what monstrosities could lurk far beneath the desert sand.

As he passed by a pillar, he heard a somewhat familiar voice ring out. "Mister Surgate," it spoke. It was the tempered voice of the lawyer, Spaghet Yettin -- whom he'd shared a dream with not long ago. He turned to face the Moblin; he could have been said to be his favorite monstrosity thus far.

Julius responded with a kindly statement. "Ah, Spaghet. It is good to see you. I am glad to see that apparently whatever prophecies we dreat up haven't happened yet, but... I remember seeing this place in a dream shortly after I managed to slip the grasp of whatever spirit had invaded our dreams. At first, I had thought it to be a different location, but I'd never seen the other in the day before. Either way, I intend to explore here. What of you?" He asked Spaghet. He knew Spaghet was... admittedly less than equipped for such an expedition. Perhaps it seemed that Julius would have to defend him once more.
  3. Saria

Spaghet listened to Julius with mild disinterest. He wasn't trying to be rude.. Its just that he was trying to recall the dream he had recently with this man. When he was asked a question, the moblin suddenly perked up.

"Hmm?" he responded. "Oh. Ah.. Yes. I'm ... well.." he didn't really want to talk about it, that much was clear. He blushed and scratched at the back of his head. He then looked up at Julius. A sigh escaped him and he spoke again.

"... I'm here for two reasons, actually. One I.... Don't want to talk about. The other is, well...." he sighed. "I owe a favor to my sister. She needs .. Well, it's nothing important." he shook his head
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
  4. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius shrugged, hearing that the Moblin had no desire to talk about his first reason. He could guess well enough; he went on his own wild ghost chases often enough, at any rate. "Well, if you intend to go inside for... whatever it is you need to obtain for your sister, I assume, then feel free to tag along." He didn't mean to offend Spaghet, but... he had seen how he conducted himself in a fight, and he knew such a place would be crawling with all different kinds of monsters. In fact, why was he heading inside, anyways? As far as Julius knew, there wasn't exactly much to gain other than sight-seeing and the mild chance of death... in other words, his typical day.

But, given the recent turn of events in Julius' life, it seemed to just be life, at this point. He would get up, wander out to some archaic ruin, fight off a bunch of monsters, and come back with practically nothing to show for it. It was... beginning to become mundane, to say the least of his journeys. There are only so many demon-possessed swords you can fight, so many dragons to slay, before it all becomes relatively... the same. It was mind-boggling.

Julius took a step forward, past the ring of pillars surrounding whatever statue stood in the center. Its features were worn, rugged, and near unrecognizable; whatever beauty it once had, it held no more. It had two outstretched hands beyond itself, and other than that, it seemed to mostly be a mess of jagged sandstone. What looked like chests were held within its palms, but whatever treasure it held had to have been taken long ago, Julius thought to himself. It was likely to be a rather... unfruitful delve, if you'd asked him. But no one did, so he did it anyways.

There was what seemed to be an entrance under the statue; it was just as badly worn as the statue above it, but it had seemed to hold fast. He stepped through it, and into similarly sandstone-colored surroundings. Two serpents stood before him, and presumably Spaghet as well, with a staircase between the two. Runes of ruby seemed carved into their undersides; it surely would have been magnificent, at a point, were it not for the structure's immense age. He began to head up the stairs, before looking back at Spaghet. "You may want to be more on your guard here than there."
  5. Saria

"It's not an object I have to retrieve for my sister," Spaghet sighed. "I need to obtain my sister.... for my sister." Spaghet's lip curled. He was so tired of playing their games. He was also tired of being everyone's errand boy whenever they needed to contact a deceased relative and ask them something. And of course Plum would be selfish enough to demand that her ashes be scattered somewhere obnoxious like a temple in the desert.

The Bokoblin would follow Julius into the temple. He trailed behind the man, sniffing occasionally for the path he had taken a few years ago. Nothing familiar. He had been here before, sure, however he always had a brother or two to accompany him. Admittedly, this was his first time coming alone and he was happy for the company. It was odd how he would run into someone so well equipped on a coincidence... but Spaghet wasn't going to complain about it. However, when Julius spoke, Spaghet let out another sigh.

"... You don't think much of me, do you Mr. Surgate?" Spaghet said as his sigh escaped him. When he realized how self deprecating and rude he sounded, he quickly continued. ".. I didn't mean to be rude, just please don't assume that I'm ignorant to the dangers of this world. I'm not afighter, yes, but--" he sniffed the air when they reached the top of the stairs. Three doors stood beforethem. "-- I'm certain you also know not to open the door on your left."
  6. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "It's not that I don't think much of you Spaghet; I just think you to be a bit out of your element. Here," he began removing a segment of his armor. Underneath was his bare, pale skin-- a long scar stretched over it, still somewhat fresh. "That happened..." How long ago? Julius thought for a moment, recounting the days in his mind. "That happened almost a month ago," he spoke, showing it to the lawyer. "All I'm trying to say is that I don't want you to wind up dead." He certainly hoped the Moblin wouldn't, at least.

With that said, he approached the door Spaghet had talked about. With a shove, he forced open the passageway. He looked at Spaghet. "It looks like that did the trick," he said, peering into the room. It was somewhat lit; there was a large torch in the center of the room. It was dim, though, and didn't allow him to see much as he headed into the chamber. He walked to the torch, unable to see the walls of the room. A crunching came from beneath his boots; he assumed this to be the sand, but the cause was much worse than he would have thought...

As he neared the torch, he looked down at its base. It was the skeleton of a man. Immediately, he was taken aback; there was a trail of remains throughout the chamber, including where he had walked into the room. He drew his blade. Whatever had caused these men to die may still be lurking. He looked back at the entrance of the room. "Spaghet," he said loudly, "be careful if you come in. It may be dangerous in here."
  7. Saria

"Please, Julius, I'm a moblin. I grew up with quite a few broken arms and ribs." Spaghet chuckled a bit as he spoke... but then his laughter faded as he remembered a recent injury. "... but I appreciate your concern." He couldn't help but notice the scars on Julius when he pointed them out. The Bokoblin didn't want to end up dead either.

"P-PLEASE, JULIUS," Spaghet yelled. He had told the man not to go through that door. He had explicitly told him not to go through that door. This was the life he lived, dealing with people who ignored his requests and advice. As soon as he had open the door, Spaghet felt sick to his stomach. And then extremely uncomfortable in other places in his body. He hated Julius so much right now.

Hylians never understood it. Why had he expected him to? The moblin covered up his nose as he wandered through the room. He didn't want to explain why these men had died. He blushed profusely and grabbed onto Julius, urging him silently to please follow him back into the other room. There were other doors. Why had he chosen this one. Why. For what purpose?!

But it was too late. The door firmly locked behind them with metal bars as soon as Spaghet had found his way to the center of the room. The moblin began to shake before grabbing onto Julius, and then falling onto the floor and clutching his stomach. Obviously something was quite pungent to Spaghet that he could smell and Julius couldn't. At least not yet.

"I-I t-t-told you e-e-e-explicity."
  8. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "...Ah, piss, you told me to not go through this door?" Julius was dumbfounded. It seemed his age was showing. "That was... my mistake." He admitted.

The Captain of the Hyrule Guard, everyone.

Still, he had felt the murderous intent from the moment he'd entered the room. Things he had fought before -- he thought back to the battle which had earned him the scars he'd shown to Spaghet -- knew how to suppress it. Those things were truly a fight -- not being able to tell where your opponent is has that effect, after all.

Finally, Julius cast his gaze to the ceiling. There was a being wreathed in darkness. There was a single, dim reflection -- a green gem, located in the center of the creature. It looked down at them with a gaping maw. Julius could feel the energy from this thing -- almost as bad as the monstrosity he'd fought in this same desert. "Spaghet," he said, backing away from the torch, "I want you to be very careful in this fight." The thing leaped down at him. It was unimaginably fast -- and just as vicious. Whatever this thing was, it craved life force, souls, whatever you wanted to call them. It fed upon the living.

It carried a scythe that seemed to be made of darkness as well; it was topped with the skull of a Stalchild, but Julius couldn't tell whether it was a legitimate child or simply a monster. It was a pointless detail, as he was now fighting for his (and Spaghet's) life. It swung its scythe once -- projecting a wave of black energy, almost like a Power Beam. Julius slashed back at the creature, reflecting whatever magic it had used; whatever it was, it probably wasn't good news. It slammed back into the creature with little effect.

So, dark magic doesn't work on it, Julius thought, scoffing at how typical it was. It was probably made of the same energy as that being... who was surrounded by Bad Bats, Julius realized. Two can play at that game, he thought, summoning up a Keese. He knew Bad Bats to be akin to a Keese's older, meaner cousin -- but perhaps it would help distract the entity. Julius closed in onto the creature, keeping his mind off of Spaghet. Maybe he could make himself useful.

Julius then realized he had no information on Spaghet to begin with, really.
  9. Saria

"W-What else was I going to be?!" Spaghet snapped back with more malice than he ever intended. Again, he had explicitly told Julius not to go into this room. But did he listen? No. Of course not. As the monster dove, Spaghet remained on the floor, rolling out of the way. The man had developed his talent of rolling with an instrument case on his back, a talent that is actually quite hard to cultivate.

The moblin shakily rose from the floor, doing his best to keep his lunch inside of him and ignore whatever he was smelling. Spaghet glanced over to Julius who had fully engaged himself with the monster. He grimaced. Of course the Hylian would be unaffected. He probably just noticed an awful stench in the air, the lucky bastard. Spaghet glanced towards the monster.

As the moblin watched Julius reflect the monster's attack back, he couldn't help but be impressed. Spaghet figured the thing didn't have ears and there was no way he was going to get close enough to use his sword, so he had to try something else. He had initially learned this trick because he kept losing his knitting needles, but he figured if these needles were good enough for a Hylian who was trying to mug him, they were good enough for this creature.

Spaghet watched Julius's Keese get slashed in half by the creature's scythe. Poor thing. With a flick of his wrist, the moblin summoned a long needle into his palm. Like a school girl readying a softball pitch, Spaghet aimed and then threw. Unlike a schoolgirl's softball pitch, his throw was accurate. He quickly summoned another needle, but before he could throw it, the creature faced him and unleashed the same attack as it had on Julius. The moblin dove out of the way just in time. But as the attack hit and exploded near him, Spaghet covered his nose. Said dissipation of the attack unleashed the most unholy scent mixture of death and decay the moblin had smelt in a long, long time. He was going to be sick. No, he was sick, he was just doing a really good job of keeping his lunch down.
  10. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius watched his Keese get slashed in half in an instant. It was exactly what he was expecting to happen; he wagered his chances with the creature in an instant, and decided to stay back. It was very obviously not man; Julius had no idea what it was, really. Possibly something similar in nature to Death Blade, or...

He didn't have time to think about it; its scythe was coming towards him with increasing speed. He parried it with his blade, but couldn't necessarily counter his opponent. They were going to have to find a way out.

Julius increased the distance between the two of them again. He kept the being his body's length away from himself, not wanting to get caught in one of those... waves of energy, or whatever the hell it was. All he knew was that it was some form of magic-- given his sword's ability to reflect it. Another wave passed by him-- at Spaghet! His eyes tracked the wave, himself being too far away to make a difference. Thankfully, he wasn't hit, but the attack did seem to explode-- another reason to not be hit. Great.

He sensed around the room, feeling for whatever life he could. He knew he couldn't match the creature directly in a fight-- being whatever it was, it obviously had some control over... life? It was hard to tell, but Julius knew that it would be a hard fight.

That was when Julius made his first mistake. He tried to block the scythe with his shield -- caught a bit off guard by a sudden juke -- when the scythe suddenly passed through his shield and armor into his arm. It wasn't particularly deep -- but he felt a whole lot weaker, now. If that was what this thing could do, then... There was no facing it. They had to escape.

"Spaghet! Find us a way out! This thing is..." Julius struggled to find the right word. 'An abomination,' 'mightier than I,' 'stronger than anything else I've fought'. He didn't want to scare Spaghet too much. "This thing can go right through my armor!"
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  11. Saria

Spaghet's face immediately soured when Julius shouted at him. If there was a way out, Spaghet probably would have taken it by now. He scanned the room, seeing nothing but the locked door. Great. The beast seemed content to deal with Julius for now. The one nice thing about being a moblin was that you usually weren't the first one on a demon's chopping block. Usually.

Seeing no other option, the moblin quickly popped his case off of his back and took out his violin. He glanced at Julius. The man had no idea what sort of family drama he had just complicated. He looked up at the demon and sighed. As soon as he began to play, he just knew he would be targeted. And of course he was correct. But Spaghet had played this song thousands upon thousands of times, and he certainly could play it while moving. He stared at the demon, half daring it to attack and half praying it didn't. It did, of course, and Spaghet managed to side step its ranged attack quite easily. As soon as the beast began to charge at Spaghet, the moblin had finished his tune and was running away in the opposite direction.

Moments later, a form very similar to the one frantically running around the room appeared, although transparent. The Bokoblin ghost yawned, noticed her surroundings, and then scoffed.

"P-PLUM," Spaghet screamed as he did his best not to get chopped in half. "T-THANK DIN. A-ASSISTANCE, PLEASE."

Without a word, the ghost disappeared. Spaghet thought for a moment that his sister had just left, but sure enough the bars on the door they had entered through suddenly raised. He was so happy he could cry, nay, he definitely felt some tears at the edge of his eyes. Without saying anything to Julius and with no time to grab his case, he sprinted towards the door. Hopefully the Hylian would follow.
  12. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius looked behind himself for an instant, seeing the light flood into the otherwise dimly lit room. He kept his senses focused on the being, however, before feeling... sick. Like his energy was actively being drained away from him. He wanted to vomit; he wanted to grip at his esophagus and tear it out with his bare hands. He wanted to die.

And then came the fear. The overpowering, mind-shattering fear; it made him run, far away. Farther than he would have otherwise; he feared for his life, but at the same time he didn't. It was strange; what had happened? Perhaps, when he rushed out into the room to meet with Spaghet, he would ask; but before then, he nearly dropped his blade. He wanted to cry at this point; to scream bloody murder. But something, something prevented it.

It was a fear he'd never felt before, in all his years as a guard; it was something he wasn't supposed to feel. Not normally, at least. Then, it started burning; he entire body felt like it was on fire, the pain pulsing out from the wound on his arm in waves. He had to leave. Now.

He rushed out into the antechamber behind Spaghet. He tore of his helmet as he slammed the door shut behind him, his face dripping with sweat. He threw his shield off of his arm, and started taking off the armor over his arm. As he peeled off a piece of armor, he finally saw what had happened: a sick green ooze seeped from his wound. It was spreading over his armor. In a fit of fearful panic, he began to cry, exasperated, panicked, and fearing for his life, "Oh Din, oh Nayru," over and over again. Finally it came to an end with a scream, followed by: "Why couldn't you have been a fucking doctor?" He grasped the wound, attempting to place pressure on it. He had no idea what was happening. He had no idea why. What the hell was that thing?
  13. Saria

Spaghet covered his nose. Whatever was seeping out of Julius smelt just awful. His eyes darted from side to side. He... wasn't really sure what to do at this point. He was mildly insulted by Julius's remark, but just slightly.

"... Y-You know if you had... just... listened to me..." Spaghet nearly whispered. He wasn't helping, he knew he wasn't helping. He coughed, forced a smile, and continued talking. "I-I'm sure you'll be fine! J-Just p-peachy!" He glanced at the green ooze and felt his stomach churn. He looked around the room - wait, was his sister still here?! No, of course not.

He put down his violin and began shifting through his pockets. Of course he had no medical supplies on him - this was supposed to have been a quick journey. Pop into the Spirit Temple, resolve some family conflicts, get in, get out. Now he had to deal with possibly having to hide the body of Julius Surgate and convince people that he hadn't been the one to kill him. His body froze. No one would believe him.

"... A-Alright Julius just... just calm down," Spaghet said. He glanced towards the other doors. "M-Maybe there's something further in the temple that can help you." Or a more viable place to stash a Hylian body...
  14. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Urrrrgh!" He hissed through his teeth. It burned. He tried to listen to Spaghet, taking in his advice to calm down. He was right. He wasn't of any use to anyone like this. "R-right," he said, struggling to let the pain go. He put his armor back on, before strapping his shield onto his arm again.

He struggled to pick himself up from the ground. It stung, but it was beginning to fade. He just needed to get his mind off of it; he was sure he'd be fine. At least, that's what he told himself. In truth, he had no idea how he'd fair; or if he'd even live to see the end of this place. He nodded to Spaghet, reexamining the doors. "So... which door do we go through?" His blade sat in its scabbard, still, thankfully.

"I... Give me a second, please," Julius said, hanging over the railing for a bit. If Spaghet listened, he'd be able to hear Julius vomiting onto the floor below, and the stench that emanated from it more than normal. He walked back to Spaghet after spitting out what remained in his mouth. "That was unpleasant. Well, assuming there aren't any more 'forbidden rooms', let's get going, shall we?"
  15. Saria

"... I only knew something smelt awful behind that door, not what lurks behind the others, Mr. Surgate," Spaghet said with a hint of anger. He would give the Hylian his moment, the man looked like he needed it.

Spaghet grimaced as Julius vomited. Of course he could smell it, the man was practically a walking stink bomb at this point. At least if they came across any other creatures who could smell as well as Spaghet in here they would avoid the pair like the plague. As the man approached again, it was quite obvious that Spaghet was upset. After the initial panic of someone nearly dying in front of him, what Julius had complicated in Spaghet's life finally dawned on him. He was lucky that his sister answered his call in the first place, twice in one day was out of the question. She wasn't going to respond to the song again, at least not for a few weeks. Plum took the idea of 'eternal rest' quite seriously.

At least he could still accomplish his second errand. He sighed, pulled out a piece of old parchment from his pocket, inhaled deeply, and then sighed again. Nope, he couldn't smell the faint smell of parchment he could on the air before, not with Julius around at least.

"... This way," Spaghet said. He half knew where he was going from what he had smelt before Julius disregarded his advice and nearly got both of them killed. He opened the door to a very dark, very long hallway. Spaghet sighed and began walking down it, assuming that Julius would follow along.

"... ... You know, you... you've done a lot more damage than you ever intended to do today, Julius," Spaghet said as he walked. His tail flicked in annoyance. He was much angrier than what he was showing, and if he wasn't about to boil over such a nasty remark wouldn't have slipped out of him in the first place.
  16. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Yeah. Yeah, I have. That was my fault," he said, moving up to the center door. "But something about this palce isn't necessarily right, Spaghet." He moved the door open, bringing a huge chamber to face: it sloped down to the center of the room, almost perfectly, where a dozen spikes hung deep below, covered with corpses already.

Julius just barely managed to catch himself before stepping into the room. He looked around at the edges. There was enough space to walk; but ReDeads frequently dotted the edges. They wouldn't be able to close in, Julius knew; they'd have to take the advantage of range before continuing on. He pulled forth his Hookshot from his Adventure Pouch, aiming it at the first ReDead. He fired once, the hook boring into its skin, ripping chunks of flesh from it. He repeated it thrice, until it tore the head of the ReDead off of its corpse, which lay in tatters.

They were able to move forward now, making it to where the ReDead lay, black blood splattering over much of the sandstone surface, ready to take on the next ReDead. He looked behind at Spaghet, before moving his focus back to the ReDead. It was already moving closer to them. Without thinking, he pressed the trigger, still trained on the ReDead, before it pierced clean through its torso. The Hookshot, instead of unlatching, started to draw Julius to the ReDead; thinking quickly, he posed his blade in such a way that even were he stunned, it would slice the thing's head clean off.

He neared the abomination, and predictably, it screeched the usual bone-chilling scream, having the same effect it had always had on his nervous system. He froze, still, but he kept coming. His sword impacted its neck, tearing through whatever stone-like face it seemed to have. It continued, its impressive weight tearing through the thing's head. By the time Julius had come to move his body again, its head hung on by only a sliver. Surely, the creature was dead.
  17. Saria

Spaghet was happy that Mr. Surgate didn't join the corpses. He needed to get a pictobox so he could just document everything. Farore, he was paranoid. But he was also impressed with how Julius handled himself with the ReDead. He made an audible grunting noise of approval, but he was unsure that the Hylian would understand the moblin colloquialism. He suddenly felt quite embarrassed. This is why he hated unscripted social situations, especially for long periods of time. Except

"J-Julius..." Spaghet said. He didn't feel good. He felt.. really strange. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but he just didn't feel right. The Hylian was... well, he had his doubts, but mostly he just didn't want to believe him because he was quite upset still. "I don't... f-feel good." Spaghet swayed as he walked. He felt as if he might drop his violin. He felt weak all of a sudden, and really needed to lie down.

"C-Could y-you possibly carry my... violin in your... po..." Spaghet didn't have a chance to finish his sentence as he walked towards Julius. He passed out, someone definitely caught him... He would come to ten full seconds later, enough for a ReDead to begin to approach the pair from the shadows behind, scream, paralyze both of them.. and then grab onto Spaghet.

"N-NO," Spaghet screeched as he felt the creature grip onto him. No that was not where dead people were allowed to touch him. Absolutely not. ABSOLUTELY NOT. He let out another screech, summoned a needle from his hand, and shoved it into the creature's head repeatedly from behind.

He dropped to the ground, panting heavily. His eyes darted, he gripped the ground, he shook.

"I-I'm going to throw up," Spaghet whispered. He felt like it. He might. But first he had to hide himself immediately for a lot of reasons. He felt ... highly embarrassed. He had just scolded Julius and then he was the one who nearly died from a monster who nEVERMIND. Din. He looked up at the man. Even though he was probably half his age... he wondered if he would out live the moblin or not. Spaghet shivered. Knowing his luck ...

"... J-Julius I-I'm... I-I'm sorry," the moblin curled his toes inward as he spoke. "I... ... I need a minute.. Ok? A .. A really long minute." Spaghet looked around. He didn't see any more Redeads. He curled up into a ball in the center of the room. He felt ... sick, dizzy and vulnerable. The best combination. Silence. He .. something, anything needed to be said. This was awkward.

"... ... No Spaghet, you need to get up right away," Spaghet perfectly mocked someone that they both knew, Navina. "Otherwise we won't be able to catch the jaywalker in the Spirit Temple!" He smiled at his own joke. Then pursed his lips. Immediately he felt stupid for his Ventriloquism act.
  18. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius caught Spaghet, and his violin, as he began falling towards the ground. He had gotten the gist of what Spaghet was trying to say well enough -- and promptly stowed the instrument in his Adventure Pouch for safe keeping. Just as he was beginning to consider what to do with Spaghet's body, something screeched from behind them-- a section of wall had lifted up, revealing yet another ReDead. He turned, but soon found his body frozen in place; not necessarily with fear, but with whatever the pitch of a ReDead did to a being's body.

He hated how powerless he felt. He hated that he could do nothing, like this. But, as the ReDead began to approach Spaghet, he found himself powerless to do a thing to the undead horror.

Spaghet became unfrozen first, quickly dispatching the monster with whatever technique he'd learned. Julius, still frozen, was forced to look on in a half-turn as the Moblin gripped onto the ground. His sense of motion came back to him slowly, completing the turn at first, before being able to speak to the lawyer. "Uh, of course," Julius said. After all, Spaghet had given him his moment earlier. He grimaced as he still felt the vomit on his tongue.

Then, Spaghet said a rather funny joke about Navina. He thought it was rather accurate; he chuckled at the joke, covering where his mouth was behind his helm with his hand. "Yeah, that impression is dead on," he said, still laughing. "Honestly, I have no idea why she's such a stiff." He paused for a moment, looking around the room. "It might be because some of the worst hasn't exactly hit her yet. Have I ever told you of how I got my scar, Spaghet?"
  19. Saria

Spaghet curled up further as Julius spoke. Unfortunately spending more time with Navina than necessary led to Spaghet knowing about her speckled past. He wondered if Julius had any idea how much of a hypocrite she really was. He shook his head. He shouldn't judge her so harshly.

"... ... I think she's trying to make up for something," Spaghet said in response, probably dropping too much information than what was polite. He glanced at Julius. "And you haven't. I'm certain it's a much better tale than how I've gotten the majority of mine." Spaghet let out a sad chuckle and relaxed his body more as he continued to speak. Most of his scars followed the suit rule. His brothers and sisters preferred gut punches and rib smacks. And Wiki wasn't tall enough to hit his face.

"... We haven't spoken too much in depth, Julius. But at least you speak to me." The moblin pursed his lips again. Other members of the guard were not so kind.

Spaghet was willing to listen to whatever Julius had to say. Mostly because he was fine with sitting for awhile. He... definitely wanted to finish his own errand, that was for sure. But he had waited long enough to find some time for his own adventures instead of his family's. He could take some time to recover from dear death and --oh no. His sister. The moblin curled up again as soon as he remembered. Speaking of scars... Din, he was not prepared to deal with his sibling after he told her that he wasn't able to get that stupid recipe from Plum. He was not ready to endure a broken rib over a fucking pound cake.
  20. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "There's a saying we have, you know? I can't remember it exactly, but it goes along the lines of not having to suffer for the sins of your father. I just think everyone should kind of... get to be their own person, I guess. It's harder to explain than you think." Julius sat at the edge of sandstone walkway. "Anyways, onto the story."

He looked at Spaghet, and took of his helmet. The black metal of his gauntlets traced along the scar trailing his right eye as he spoke, "I was on my way here, to the North. I was born in the South, before it was taken over and everything. I used to live in Kakariko-- apparently, my lineage had helped to found it. Anyways, I cam here because there was a journal I'd found; it belonged to my grandfather. He had helped to found Kakariko, and mapped out a lot of the South. Not by himself, of course; even though he was this hugely accomplished mage and great with a sword or whatever, it was a bit much for him. So he decided to conscript a portion of the Guard -- the organization that I help lead, now. Anyways, his journal chronicled all kinds of crazy, fantastical shit-- it was really amazing. That's why I decided to join, at least.

"Anyways, so there's a caravan heading from Kakariko to Castle-Town, heading through Goron City. Goron City was pretty amazing before it was all destroyed or whatever, by the way. A stunning sight, for sure. Anyways, the caravan was recruiting for guards, and having inherited my grandfather's skill at arms, I decided I'd go. So, we start going, and the trip's all going well. There was a particularly cute woman there, Jessica as I remember her calling herself; she really caught my eye. So, we get to talking, and really take to each other, and before we know it, we're to Goron City already. That was... about a week into our trip, almost, I think. Our supplies were running low, so we restocked, and stayed there for a couple of days. Mostly, I wandered around their forges, picking up a couple tricks of the trade-- I was a weaponsmith then, and still am, honestly.

"So, we leave Goron City without much issue, starting to go into the Northern lands. You could feel the climate shift almost instantly-- it got much colder faster than I'd thought it would. And, of course, being the brash, hot-headed kid that I was at the time, I hadn't brought anything warmer than a few shirts with some short sleeves. I caught cold pretty quickly-- it was hypothermia, basically, spurred on by allergic reactions because I'd never been around a lot of the plants and stuff the north has. Anyways, so I'm there, swearing to Din I was about to die-- I was praying for her to get me through it, shivering underneath a bundle of blankets, and I guess she granted that wish, sort of.

"So, basically, we're riding along, and we see the remnants of a camp site-- what I know now that was left by a band of Bulbins-- and I get up, but don't really recognize it. So, I wrap a blanket around myself, and start to ride alongside the caravan. Then, we hear this horn in the distance, and immediately begin to be assaulted by arrows-- it's a wonder I'm alive, honestly, but that isn't how I got the scar, yet. So, I have my shield overhead-- it was pretty much just wood at the time, since I was trying to travel light. So, my shield shatters after too many close calls, and then I'm left with just my sword. The sword I have now, in fact," Julius said, bringing it out from its sheathe. "So, while everyone else is all freaking out, another one of the guards wounded, and so on, I notice them on a ride just to the north of us. We hadn't necessarily cleared the valley yet, even -- they were there, preying on travelers like us. So, of course, when they notice that I'm climbing towards them, they start lighting their arrows, and send... ten? Maybe more, of their riders to seize whatever it is we're carrying." He looked at Spaghet again. "Tell me if I'm boring you, please. I know you didn't ask for my entire life story."

"So, anyways, there I was on that ridge, climbing my way up. I immediately notice the riders going down to the caravan, so I just drop. It sent a shock through my system, sure-- and then, as soon as I could, I just start dead sprinting back towards my horse, and then rode back towards the wagon. Of course, they weren't having any of that, so about three of the riders start coming towards me. It's night, of course, so I can't really see a whole lot-- I do manage to make out the eyes of their beasts, which have this... glow to them, I guess. That's how I'd describe it, at least. Like a cat's eyes, sort of. Anyways, so we're fighting them off in the dark, and then I see the wagon go up in flames-- and, of course, my first thought was to get over there and make sure Jessica was okay. That was the wrong move, apparently, and I rode nearly right into this one rider's spear. I bring my sword up to parry, but it's a bit too late... and there you have it. I still have nightmares about that night all the time-- thankfully, most of us made it out... okay. More than a few of us died, though." Julius grimaced as he said that. It was clear who had made it, and who hadn't.