Inauspicious Conditions

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Saria, May 2, 2015.

1. Saria

Saria Severely Acute Radical Syndrome reg

Spaghet listened intently to Julius's tale, and of course held up his hand in protest when Julius asked if he was bored. He liked listening to other people talk, especially when he was trying to calm himself down. He smiled at the mention of a cute woman and grimaced when his race was mentioned.

"I-I'm sorry for your loss," Spaghet said when Julius had finished his tale. He glanced over at the Hylian and quickly continued. "N-Not... about your face, scars... a-aren't r-really an issue but... y-you know." He quickly shifted his gaze away. "... Y-You s-sound quite traveled. I'm sure your grandfather would be proud." Spaghet curled his toes inward. He felt like he should speak and share something about himself after Julius had just shared such an intimate story. He glanced towards the man again and sighed.

"... ... I-If people didn't have to suffer for the sins of their fathers, Julius, I'm certain that I'd be a much happier man," Spaghet glanced up at the Hylian with a curious expression as he spoke. "M-Most moblins are quite lucky. They don't even know their fathers." Spaghet began to pick at some of the fabric of his pants. "M-Mine still has quite the c-choke hold on me even in death..."

"... S-So what I'm t-trying to say is that d-death isn't as permanent as it seems," Spaghet nervously stuttered out. "It might seem like it is, but... but it's not." The moblin's eyes began to dart back and forth. Sweat was beading up under his wig. He still had no ideas what nightmares and death scenes he dreamt about were prophetic and which ones were... well, Spaghet being Spaghet. "... S-So ... I... hm...hhmhm...." The moblin bit at his lip and sniffed the air again. Din, did Julius smell rancid. How was he going to ask this without tipping Julius off to the fact he might have had some dreams involving his death recently? But then again, Spaghet had dreamt about everyone he has met dying at least once.

".... J-Julius d-d-d-d-d-do y-y-y-you have any n-n-n-next of k-k-k-kin?"
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Hm? No, I don't suppose I do." He thought about that sentence for a while. It was likely he was related to a good many people who still remained in the south, but Julius himself had no brothers or sisters. He was the last of his line. And that was how it was going to remain, it seemed.

"Well, I suppose we've spent enough time mucking about now. If you don't feel well enough to continue, Spaghet, I'll likely be right back." Julius got up, put his helm back on, sheathed his blade, and continued across the thin catwalk to the door opposite the one they'd entered through. As he turned the door aside, he peered into the next room, which seemed, at the very least, to be better lit than many of the rooms they'd entered.

That was because the room itself was... outside? To some extent, at least. There was a blue sky overhead, and sand at his feet... There was even a tree! He took a look around himself before looking back. There was no exit.

He began to dig through his Adventure Pouch, searching for his Lens of Truth. He found it easily enough, and saw what the room really was. It was... to put it lightly, it was a graveyard. Mummies surrounded him, ensnared in sarcophagi, hung by the ceiling, crammed into every nook and cranny. It would have been a tad unnerving, had he not visited what was essentially a torture chamber not too long ago. Then, something came up from... the floor? The sand? Julius had no real idea any more. Whatever it was, it knocked the lens clean out of his hands-- and he saw whatever had come from below.

It was like a replica of himself. It stood at the same height. It was the same width. It even looked to be wearing the same general armor -- complete with a rectangular shield about the size of his torso. His blade was nearly the same as well, though it looked to be made of steel rather than Mirror Silver.

Extending his blade carefully, Julius pushed at the figure. He expected some kind of response -- anything, but as his blade grew closer, the only thing the figure did was stand there, still, unnerving, unmoving. When his blade finally made contact with the helmet of the figure, only then did it begin to move. First, it appeared as a jitter; a weird twitch, coming from the armor itself. Then, it grew to swinging its blade. Julius was in for yet another fight, it seemed.
  3. Saria

Spaghet watched as Julius got up and left. He found it rather rude that the Hylian had just abandoned him like that. And what did he mean by "likely" be right back? The moblin sighed. He didn't want to deal with this right now. Why couldn't people be more direct with him... and also not abandon him in a dark room alone with the sounds of ReDeads lingering on the walls. The man shivered and wrapped his arms around himself. He definitely did not want to be here right now.

He sniffed the air - Julius's disgusting scent was easy enough to pick out. He was still in the room adjacent to this one. The moblin decided to follow. He opened the door, noticing he was outside? How strange. He cocked a brow - Julius had just told Spaghet he had no next of kin. So who was this?

He didn't have time to ponder the question, as the knight decided to raise its sword and swing. But Spaghet twitched. He... still had no idea which was which. He sniffed the air. They both ... smelled rather disgusting. The entire enclosure smelt disgusting. It was certainly messing with his sense of smell...

"J-Julius?!" Spaghet yelled. "P-Please say something!"
  4. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius looked as Spaghet entered the room -- a mistake, as his double's balde managed to hit him with relative ease. It was strange -- like he wasn't wearing armor, almost. Maybe it was some kind of trick. Maybe it was something else; he didn't know, and disregarded the lawyer as he yelled at the two of them. He was too focused, too engaged, to bare a response, as he finally gave a lick to his double.

His double was less his double and more like... a physical copy, like how you can have a hand, and so does another person -- but the people attached to either hand is different from the other. It was like that -- his double was like him, physically, but very much lacked his experience and expertise. Julius caught his double with a blow to the face from the pommel of his blade, and then another strong blow to the double's chest with his shield. It was off-balance, off-kilter, and could not stand for long. Julius cast his blade deep, hard, and quickly into his double, piercing the imitation armor remarkably easily. Was it even real? Maybe it was an illusion. Maybe it was all an illusion. It was so hard to decide -- he knew what was really in this room, but his senses needed him to think otherwise. It was quite confusing -- but as his double faded into nothingness, he found himself planted into a very real room, with many very real mummies inside as well. He turned to Spaghet after sheathing his blade.

"I apologize for leaving so abruptly, but the room was mostly empty. Even if it necessarily wasn't, I don't believe you were in any danger, at least. You're more capable than you realize." He had to give the Moblin some points for that rather impressive takedown earlier. With some training, maybe he would even be adequate one day. He knew spaghet would never agree to the prospect, however.
  5. Saria

Of course Julius wouldn't say anything, who ever listened to Spaghet? No one. So of course the moblin felt entirely useless as a sword found its way into a piece of armor. Spaghet watched the duel take place, keeping one hand on the door he had just entered in. No doubt the moblin was prepared to flee if it turned out the one who ended up winning the fight wasn't friendly. His body tensed as a body fell, but soon relaxed when it was Julius's voice who spoke and not a guttural growl or other hostile noise. When the environment of the room shifted Spaghet didn't seem to mind, in fact he even seemed a little excited.

"... I-It's not that..." Spaghet began. How could he say this politely? He probably couldn't. Instead of speaking his mind, Spaghet pursed his lips and bit his tongue. The man was quite good at holding his tongue and his own opinions. Besides, he looked around the room again. The moblin had bigger concerns.

"... J-Julius, a..ah...." the moblin spoke. "C-... C-Could you wait a moment, please? I..." Spaghet's eyes darted around the room as his tongue flipped across his lips. He slowly moved towards one of the coffins. He ... really didn't want to open up every single coffin in this room one by one. In fact, he didn't want to open up any coffins. But he figured what he was looking for was valuable enough that someone would probably ask to be buried with it. This room was exactly what he was looking for.

"... ... C-Could you... c-could you help me open up some of these coffins?" Spaghet said with a nervous smile. He was glad his sister opted to be burned when she died, he was pretty sure he would probably start crying if he opened up a coffin and she was in there. "... ... I-I'm.." Spaghet began to sweat. He probably should inform Julius why he was so intent on disturbing the dead. He gulped "... l-looking for ... a book." Oh dear...
  6. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Normally I'd be disgusted by such an action, but considering my recent journeys, I don't think I can hold that opinion any more," Julius said as he moved to one of the many coffins in the room. "What book is it?" Julius asked to the Moblin, searching through the remnants of a corpse. All of the corpses were real... he had looked upon them with his Lens, of course; but something else in the room gave a frighteningly sinister atmosphere to the room. "Uh... Spaghet, I'm not sure if we should keep doing this," the Guardsman spoke, looking around the room.

Julius couldn't put his finger on it, but something felt... off. He looked around the room. The corpses were... shaking? No, they were -- they were getting up. Standing up. Alarmed, Julius threw the coffin he was still holding at one of the newly awakened creatures, the wooden box crashing into its skeletal structure, destroying -- pulverizing -- the majority of it. Yet still they came. Julius drew his blade, immediately unleashing a vicious Spin Attack; next, he kicked in the ribs of a smaller skeleton, halfway between being the size of a child and a small adult, before the remnants caught fire. "Spaghet! Hurry up! I have no idea how many there are!" It was entirely possible that the entire room was now coming alive, all to punish them for disturbing their slumber. They had made a bad decision this day, it seemed.

Julius brought his blade down into the skull of another Stalfos. It collapsed into a pile of bones, but only time would tell if it would remain that way...
  7. Saria

"Err..." Spaghet responded. He had no intention of letting this man know his awful secrets. "...it's a.. novel." If course, if Julius found the book, Spaghet would have to admit the title regardless. That thought didn't cross his mind. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

"Mmm.... Nonsense Julius," Spaghet said as he looked through one of the caskets. He began to hum a little as he bent over and searched the corpse thoroughly. Nope, not here. He sighed, and then felt something grab at his shoulder. "Hmm?" That... that did not feel armored. Spaghet slowly looked up to see that the Gibdo he was plundering was suddenly awake. He smiled, not the proper reaction, and then pursed his lips. He felt like he deserved this in some manner.

The moblin heard it. As the corpses began to shuffle around the room, the distinct thud of a book landed itself to the floor. The moblin whisked his head over to it. Gold trim. Red cover. There was... there was definitely a chance. He gulped. He half wished it wasn't it, suddenly realizing that Julius wasn't a fool. He could read. He would find out what it was about if he bothered to open up the inside cover - at least the author was discreet.

"F-Forget about m-me! T-the b-b-book, p-p-please!" Spaghet cried out to Julius. He wasn't even sure if it was the right novel, but damned if he wasn't going to risk it. Or at least have Julius risk it. While he had his innards pulled out by mummified men. Spaghet winced as the creature dug into his shoulder - realizing now that it had pinned him to the coffin with its other hand. The moblin struggled a bit and looked up, seeing the monster begin to crawl onto him. Oh dear.
  8. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Another Spin Attack tore into the corpses surrounding him. He looked on to see the book fly through the air, though Spaghet was quickly overwhelmed by more of the various shambling forms that populated the room. He looked over at the book, and then back at Spaghet He may be somewhat capable, but not capable enough to handle this... hoard. He began to cleave through the creatures, one, by one, by one. Progress was slow, and unrelenting; he could only do so much so fast. Still, as he cleaved through the body of each of the mindless beings, more and more only seemed to take their place... They needed to leave, and fast.

Julius was finally close enough to grab Spaghet -- but not before piercing deep into the creature's stomach with his sword, causing it to stumble back, away from the pair. He felt a creature grab onto his shoulder from behind -- a strong kick backwards ignited the creature, and sent it flying into the rest of the masses. Soon, the aged bandages of many of the other undead were lit aflame -- along with their heavily preserved bodies. The room was filling with toxic fumes -- they definitely needed to escape, now. "Spaghet!" Julius shouted, preparing and unleashing another Spin Attack within a second. "How important is that book?" He asked, nearly bisecting a flaming corpse. He pushed the Moblin into the crowd of corpses. There were so many now that he wasn't sure Spaghet could get to the book unfettered or not. "I'll cover you! Get that book!" He cut into more corpses, trying his best to move along with the corpses. A snap of fingers, and a Keese appeared. In another five seconds, so would Lexi. He kept moving alongside the Moblin -- anything would help at this point. They would simply have to survive until something happened.
  9. Saria

Spaghet couldn't help but reflect on his life choices as he struggled to escape the corpse that had begun to scratch off his flesh. He winced. So this was how he went out, getting his flesh ripped off slowly by a dead man in a temple while looking for a novel. It wasn't the.. worst way to go. After fully accepting his impending death, Spaghet found himself grabbed by Julius and yanked away from the creature. A feeling of relief washed over the moblin. He had no interest in dying today. Julius kicked a corpse to ignite it and Spaghet sniffed the air. Oh no.

"I-I mean it's not worth losing my life ove--" Spaghet began, but was unable to finish as he was suddenly shoved into the hoard of corpses. He probably would have screamed if he wasn't already terrified of being burnt alive. For once, Spaghet was suddenly very pleased he was born a moblin. He could have been born a creature made out of wood. He summoned a knitting needle and chucked it into a flaming corpses head.

He looked behind at Julius and pursed his lips. Sure, the man was trying to help... but he was big, bulky, and Spaghet had to him behind if he was going to get out of here without suffocating. Why did Julius continue to introduce such horrible, horrible smells to Spaghet's nose? The man was cursed, surely. Without input from the guardsmen, Spaghet quickly jumped onto all fours and scurried off into the crowd of burning corpses. Most of their legs weren't on fire, so it was easy enough for him to find an opening while they dealt with Julius.

The moblin let out a yelp of pain when he felt an intense heat on his back. He whipped around, noticing that the back of his shirt had definitely caught on fire. And was definitely being held by one of the corpses. His eyes widened. So this was how he died - burned alive in a temple while looking for a novel. But then he saw it again through the sea of legs - that stupid book. That stupid, horrible, wonderful book. Without hesitation Spaghet ripped off his cotton blouse and made a beeline on all fours for the novel. The corpse could have his shirt, he was on a mission.

"J-Julius! I have it!" Spaghet yelled while returning to an upright position. He looked around desperately for the door and the Hylian. However, the only thing he could really see were a few burning corpses headed in his direction. He smiled nervously. He was definitely regretting his decision to scurry away from the man with the giant sword and combat experience.
  10. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Damn it," Julius muttered under his breath as the helix-shaped blade tore into the crowd of undead once more. It was mostly Stalfos and Gibdos, now that he thought about it, but that didn't make them any easier to deal with. They were unhappy that they'd been disturbed, and it was rather apparent that it was a bad idea in Julius' eyes.

Either way, they needed to escape, and fast, if they were to live. He heard Spaghet shout about having the book -- in a moment, he tore through another mass of undead, which were slowly filling the room. There was also the fumes coming from the burning bandages -- he wasn't sure how long they could stay in here and be safe. He looked around the rather expansive room now, and noticed a door some distance away. "Spaghet! Straight ahead!" Julius yelled, smashing his way through the hoards of the dead. His shield smashed into the rib cage of one, and in a moment, he rose over the crowd, smashing the skull of another and landing into a Spin Attack. He looked around himself -- they were almost in the clear, and Spaghet was close to him.

Hefting the Moblin by the scruff of his neck, Julius cradled the creature into the arm he held his shield with. Another Spin Attack. The door was right in front of them. Hurtling towards the door, Julius slammed into the solid stone and wood frame before tossing it open, with Spaghet and then himself following through. As the door slid shut again iron bars slid vertically and horizontally, locking the room behind them. Thankfully, this room was rather well-lit, and free of corpses...

"Sorry about that, Spaghet. I'm not sure how much longer we could have lasted, though."
  11. Saria

Spaghet sighed. He was going to die before he even got to read this stupid thing. He heard Julius's voice and looked in the direction he directed. He ducked under a hand that attempted to grab him and scurried away to an opening in the crowd. A door? Fantastic. But before he had a chance to go there himself he felt a sharp pain on the back of his neck. He let out a very pig like squeal before he was hefted into the air.

"...I-I'M NOT A CAT," Spaghet screeched as he was lifted. That hurt - Julius had no idea how to tenderly and delicately handle the flesh of a moblin (Spaghet was not about to give lessons but that was beside the point). He didn't have much of a choice as he was run out of the room, but he was grateful to be out of that mess enough that he didn't mind. Plus... he had his novel. In the light and away from Julius's eyes he flipped through the pages. This had to be it. There was no doubt.

"O-Oh Julius! D-Don't be sorry, you... you!" Spaghet nearly squealed as he looked over the novel's cover. He could hug this man, nay, he was hugging him. The moblin couldn't be happier with his arms (attempting) to wrap around the suit of armor that contained Julius. A moment later, his eyes shot open. He realized what he was doing and quickly pushed Julius away. He scratched awkwardly at the back of his neck and waited for his blush to fade.

In his excitement he had completely forgotten that Hylians had such an issue with other beings touching them. How embarrassing. Coming from a race of creatures that solved most of their problems through physical conflict meant that Spaghet's space bubble was a lot smaller than Julius's. And Spaghet was always a little bitch a lot more emotional than the rest of his kin. And Julius had no idea how important this stupid novel was to him. He looked over Julius again. Spaghet wasn't even wearing a shirt.

"T... Thank you. And S-S-Sorry."

He looked towards the door that had locked.. and realized that the other door adjacent to it was locked as well. Spaghet's body stiffened. Nothing was here. There was nothing here. This was not how dungeons were supposed to work. He was pretty sure he couldn't squeeze through those bars and was unsure if Julius could break them.

Well starvation was also a nice way to go. At least he had his book.
  12. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius stood there as the Moblin gave his best effort at hugging what was essentially a wall of muscle encased in steel and other metals. It was somewhat humorous to see the comparatively miniscule attempting to wrap his arms around Julius -- Julius himself was even pretty sure he may have been wider than Spaghet was tall; well, perhaps not quite.

Julius chuckled to himself as he looked around the room, drawing out his Lens of Truth after the Moblin had released the hug. There didn't seem to be--

Suddenly, a wicked bout of laughter broke in the room as a haze settled in the air. Though not normally visible, Julius could see them quite well. Two green-skinned witches levitated in the air on flying broomsticks, both of them looking nearly alike. "You fools!" The two voices shouted in unison. One was dressed in blue, the other red. "Do you not know where yet you tread?! This is a forsaken place, an eerie place indeed! You've awoken those who must slumber, and now, you shall know their pain!"

Julius wasn't sure what they were talking about, but he guessed it had to do with what had happened in the room prior to this one. It was apparent -- to him, at least -- that it was some sort of burial ground. "Who are you two? More importantly, why are you floating around on... broomsticks?" Julius was utterly confounded by the two strange creatures in front of him. He had heard some myths of green-skinned Gerudos, but... No, he sincerely doubted they were truly humanoid.

They turned their sticks to look at each other. Their eyes bulged out of their heads; they looked like some cobbled-together patchwork people. "Sister! The one in black can see us!"

"Why yes, that is strange! What do you think we should do?"

"What do we usually do, dear twin? We kill them, both!" With a blinding flash of light, two beings merged together into... a more normal looking being, at the very least. It was a true humanoid figure, with proportions on par with that of a normal Gerudo; however, the green skin remained.

"You look like a toad." Julius commented, drawing his sword and pocketing his Lens of Truth.

"Silence!" The figure responded, sending out a wave of heat from its location. "You will know my fury!"
  13. Saria

"... Y... You were... already... intending on killing us," Spaghet responded to the voices. It was clear to him that he was not really suited for this fight, considering he ... couldn't actually see anything. He looked towards Julius. He was planning on playing his violin and crumpling up into a heap into the corner -- wait this was an awful idea. Good thing Spaghet had no time to execute it, considering something appeared in front of him and he just had to dodge its attack. He shivered as he looked back to it from the other side of the room. What a gross creature.

Ah screw it, he was doing executing his previous plan anyways.

"M.. M-Mr. Surgate!" Spaghet yelled towards Julius. "P-Please pass me m-my violin!" Spaghet said. He was planning on ollie-outting watching this fight from the comfort of pretending to already be dead. If he timed it right, he was certain he could jump in front of a heat wave just close enough to look like he died, convince everyone, and get away with doing nothing and surviving until the fight was over.

This was definitely going to work. This was probably not going to work.

He still wanted his violin, and he readied his cane sword from the other side of the room. But the thing in front of him seemed content to occupy itself with Julius for now. Was it a ... woman? He sniffed the air again. He was not going to give that thing a moniker.
  14. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    A blast of fire roared out from the witch, an enormous orb of flame launching towards Julius at near break-neck speeds, closing the distance in nearly an instant.

Thankfully, Julius; or his sword, as it really may be, were prepared for this. The blade, gleaming in all its glory, sliced deep into the fireball, reaching its core; it turned tail without a second thought, launching towards where the monstrosity that lurked inside the dungeon walls lurked -- or once had. "Spaghet! Be on your guard; it's difficult to tell where they are." He reached into his pouch -- not for Spaghet's violin, still tucked away safely, but for his Lens of Truth. Using that, Spaghet could stay safe, and tell him where the witch was... not that it was hard to tell, given the effect her(?) presence had on the temperature of the room.

Julius dropped into a form he was already more than intimately acquainted with -- as one of his commanding officers had said when he was still but a recruit, "Memorize this technique. Know it. Be it. By the end of your career, you'll have lain with it." Of course, it was his go-to for any fight -- and as he felt the snap of cold immediately behind him, he loosed the energy he'd stored in a Spin Attack. As far as the technique itself went, Julius may very well have been a master of it -- the slicing wave of energy cascaded into the environs; he was sure he could feel the air itself being torn in half. The edge on his blade may not have been Splinter Crystal, but as far as other materials went, it was damn sure sharp enough.

Julius turned, the odd magnifying glass still in hand. Of course -- she was standing right in front of Spaghet. Thinking quickly, he summoned a Keese -- but not before already running towards her, closing the distance as quickly as he could.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  15. Saria

He stomped his foot once in frustration. He felt like a small child being denied his toys, but frankly not having his things were making him quite upset. That was his violin that Julius had, and Spaghet wanted it back! This was not appreciated. He also did not appreciate the fact he was being lifted by his skin into the air. Well that was just great.

The moblin struggled and suddenly felt himself disarmed as well as the book he was carrying drop to the floor. He gasped, but suddenly felt himself unable to breathe. He gripped at the invisible arm the held him as his puny legs attempted to scratch and claw at whatever was in front of him. The moblin heard cackles as he barely grazed the skin of whatever was in front of him with his feet.

However, he realized his hands were still free. He summoned a knitting needle and stabbed it into whatever was in front of him. The woman screamed and threw Spaghet against the far wall. The man crumpled and felt something in him snap. That ... was unpleasant. Tears began to well up in his eyes as memories of Wiki's visit childhood flooded his vision. He.. he definitely broke something.

He glanced over towards his book. At least that was still intact on the floor.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  16. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Spaghet!" Julius yelled, leaping into the air, and coming down hard on the creature whom had just thrown him against the wall. He probably wouldn't be of any more help in this fight, or at all, really. Hopefully this would be the last peril of this dungeon -- but you never knew.

As Julius landed on his feet from his Helm Splitter, he saw that the woman was still standing. For an attack that could destroy steel, it seemed peculiar that she seemed to take so little damage -- but the witch was already cackling again.

"Fool! Do you really think such things would work on ME?! How ignorant!" A ball of frost launched from wherever she'd teleported to, flying towards Julius quickly. Not nearly as quickly as her previous spell -- but still quick enough that he'd only just barely managed to reflect it. It flew back into the witch -- impacting her violently, judging by her reaction. He looked at the witch -- she'd definitely taken some damage, but he couldn't tell where.

Julius looked towards the Moblin, who was laying against the wall he'd just been thrown at. Julius' Keese was still flying around, somewhat aimlessly -- idly, he banished it, back to wherever it'd come from. It seemed all he could do now was anticipate her attacks, as they seemed to be one of the few things that could hurt her. He backed up, slowly, to where Spaghet was lying, knocked into a mess. "Spaghet, can you move? I want you to reach into my Adventure Pouch and grab your violin. I think that if you do whatever you did in that dream, we might be able to distract her long enough for me to close in and deal some damage." It was impossible for Julius to tell how much punishment she could take, but it seemed like an enormous amount to him. He only hoped that they would both last through the fight.

The witch gave a twirl, as she prepared some other spell.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  17. Saria

"... M... Mr. Surgate your subordinate sta... stabbed me in the chest in that dream..." Spaghet said as he coughed on the ground. No, coughing hurt. Coughing hurt a lot. He was absolutely not allowed to cough anymore. The moblin winced and glanced over to the witch. It didn't really look like she was hurt at all. He felt an immense pain on his side and looked down, realizing his right side was turning a color from the rest of his body. Injuries. How pleasant.

Spaghet attempted to stand up, he really, really did. But he found the pain in the bottom half of his body too immense and only got up to a sitting position. The moblin shakily inserted his paw into the man's adventure pouch from his position on the floor and grabbed the violin. He shivered as he pulled it out. Adventure pouches were just too weird for him. Just where did all of those things go?

He looked up at Julius, realizing that he was probably going to die sitting on this floor. He was going to have to spend an eternity with Plum, listening to her recount her old adventures. Spaghet shook his head. This simply would not do. He finally managed to rise up to a standing position... just as the witch cackled and launched a spell at the pair. Spaghet yelped and jumped back down onto the floor, even though he really didn't need to, since Julius would have reflected it. What a dolt.

The moblin's heart raced in his chest, pain surging from the sudden movement. He tried his best to fight through it as he rose again, adrenaline helping him ignore the stabs in his chest. How long would this take? Ten, fifteen seconds? He could do that. No problem. He had played his violin in worse condition before. He needed the witch to focus on him anyways if his awful plan was going to work. He painfully positioned his violin and bow began to play a somber melody, hoping that the woman would choose to ignore his lifeless body when he was done with it.
  18. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius was focused intently on defeating the witch at this point -- be he was still somewhat aware that Spaghet was not truly dead. He was barely there, yes, but he knew he was still alive.

After all, what kind of wimp would Spaghet had to have been in order to die from something which... didn't really seem all that major? Still, he supposed there could have been more complications than he realized, as he slashed back a burst of magical ice.

"Is that all you've got?" He screamed pointedly at the mage. It was clear who presented the threat here -- after having bounced three of her spells right back at her, Julius knew she would stop trying to attack Spaghet, soon or . . . eventually, at least. All they had to do was last until she presented another opening to the two of them. Or him, whatever.

Spaghet was not a factor in this fight, that much was sure. It took some of the burden off of his shoulders. It meant he could focus entirely on fighting the witch, without having to babysit a Moblin who was bad at being a Moblin.

The with teleported rather close -- which didn't surprise him, in all honestly. Perhaps she thought to make the range between the two of them so short that he couldn't possibly deflect a point-blank spell; however, when Julius quickly charged and unleashed a Spin Attack, she knew the mistake she had made. As she launched that fireball, Julius was already tearing into her with his blade. The energy that reflected back onto her, however, was what made the final stroke.

And, as quickly as she'd come, the witch was gone. Dead. All that they had to do now was... well, get out. He looked over to Spaghet's body. "You can get up, you know." He knew Spaghet wasn't dead. "Well, regardless of whether you can hear me or not, I'll start finding a way out."

It would take him a while, but eventually he'd clear some kind of path to the outside. The bricks weren't sealed together like he thought they'd be, nor was the wall particularly thick. Eventually, the desert sun shined upon both of them again. "Well then. If you'd like, Spaghet, I will accompany you back to Castle-Town." The sun was setting. Just how long had they been in there?

(This is my last post probably. Sorry for the shit thread. I don't think I mentioned an ability or anything anywhere that Julius doesn't already have, so . . . He's spending his entire reward from this CD (40r) on Profession Lv. 8, and then an extra 45r from his savings for Lv. 9 . . . which are immediately added right back to his total rupee count.

So, in short, Julius gains:
    • Profession Lv. 9
    • 45r
    and he lives to see another day.)
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  19. Saria

Spaghet watched the fight through Julius's eyes, feeling his passion, his courage, his tenacity. These emotions only deepened Spaghet's feelings shame after the fight. He canceled his link with Julius, stood up, wiped off his pants, and looked down at the ground.

He watched the man clear a path, not bothering to help. One, he was much too preoccupied with checking to make sure his novel was alright. Two... he was still quite mad at Julius. The man just cost him another broken rib once he got back to his sisters with an unresolved family conflict. He gulped. Maybe he wouldn't ... no he was absolutely getting another broken rib. He sighed. Maybe he could delay it by spending a few days wandering around? A bad idea, surely, but Spaghet wasn't the brightest man.

"... If it's alright with you, Mr. Surgate. I'd... prefer to find my way back alone."

((Speaking of shit thread sorry for a shit post to end the thread

Spaghet gets 40R from the dungeon minus Needle Storm (-25roop) and plus 4 from Botanist Lv 2 = Needle Storm + 19 Roops))
  20. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    These two are a weird but good pair. I find this agreeable. Take yo' roop