I'm new in town

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Muramasa, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

Hello. I'm new.
    You can call me Muramasa :lol:

question, though, I've only been to one other role play, that was a Star Wars one, Starwars RP Chaos.
    They had a thing where you could make subaccounts from your main account, and those would be your character accounts. Is that the same here? If not, how are you supposed to make new characters?
  2. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

Hello, Muramasa! Welcome to the forums. :)

To answer your question, you just make all of your characters on your account. If you haven't read the rules, guidelines, FAQ's, etc. for the RP, make sure you do because it can an will answer a lot of questions. But basically, you should only have one of your characters per quest, and you choose which character will participate in a quest. If for some reason you decide to/are able to (I don't know if you're allowed to?) have more than one character, look to someone who has more knowledge of RP here. :lol:

I hope to see you role play sometime.
  3. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Hello Muramasa!

I'm Bitoko, Administrator/Web Master of Hyrule Castle, and I wanted to personally welcome you to HC!

As for your question, there aren't really sub accounts. The way we do it is we create characters by posting a thread in the character creation forum. Before creating your character, I suggest clicking on the tutorials link at the top which will take you through a little beginners guide for RPing at HC. Its not perfect yet, and I have a lot of work left to do on it, but its a good start. It will guide you on what you need to know and everything.

(You can roleplay with more than one at a time, btw Fcgfyv.)

Here is a link to the tutorial (save you some time from looking at the top, lol): http://hyrulecastle.org/tutorials/

Here is a link to the character creation thread: (Its a little outdated, but the general information is in there. For the history of Hyrule and the Map, don't follow those links, but click on "Lore" and "Maps" at the top.): http://forums.hyrulecastle.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=49

Anyway, I hope that answers your question. I am in the middle of consolidating things and refining new member FAQ's and stuff, but its not done yet so I'm sorry if things are a little confusing at first. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM!

It's great to see you here, though. How did you find Hyrule Castle?
  4. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Hi Muramasa! I'm Double, a longtime member here! I hope you love it here and decide to stick around a while!
  5. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Howdy. Name's Ultra5, U5 or Harry. I don't mind which you use.Welcome to Hyrule Castle. May your time here be enjoyable and long lived.
    -Ultra5
  6. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

Thanks for your answers. Sorry for all the questions; I'm horrible at instructions.

Since I'm a newbie, does this mean I can have only one character?

Also, I read some of the character creation thing. Is there a template I can use for my character?

One more thing for now; the reason I was asking about the subaccounts is because that made it really handy to distinguish which character I was talking to/using. How do you guys do that? I See a little "Characters" thing underneath your title, but I'm not entirely sure how that works.
    Thanks.
  7. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

:sweat: Also, why is it so hard to get a profile picture to work?
  8. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    No you can have as many characters as you want/can handle. As for the avatar thing they can be a bit finicky. I believe there is a file size and actual picture size. If that helps any.
  9. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Oh, we don't mind questions. We're a pretty nice group of people.Anyways, I'm not staff or anything, but I'll try to answer your questions anyways.

First off, no, you can make multiple characters even as a newbie. However, the races you can choose are slightly restricted. Look at the first post of the character creation information thread here for more info on each race and which ones are available to newbies.

Yes. The template is in this post here.

Also, we usually decide on the participants of our RPs in advance and sort of keep track ourselves. Some people assign a color to the speech of each of their characters, and that could be helpful if you were using multiple characters in one RP, though it's not required.

For example, say you were going to do an RP with me. We'd decide on a quest either through PMs, a thread to discuss it, or even on the Chatbox (Cbox is in the community section on the top. Drop in there if you ever feel like saying hi and talking to other members, though it's not required to use it by any means). Once everything is decided you make a thread in the Quest Bureau with all the details of the quest. Alternatively you can make a thread there right away after deciding on a quest yourself, and waiting for others to respond saying they're interested in joining you on the quest. Again, describe details like how many people you want as well as other quest things and people should come. From there, we know all the details and can begin the RP!
  10. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

Thank you very much. I'd friend request you, but I don't see how to. :XD:

Once I've got a handle on everything, I'll be an expert in a few days. :lol:

What did you mean, file size and picture size?

Also, how do Rupees work? I didn't get that. And what exactly is Honor?
  11. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

And I'm assuming Treasures are like Items?
  12. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Have you read the information under the tutorials tab? A lot of your questions can be answered there.

Also, honor is just an option for those that want harsher grading of their characters. It is explained in the character creation thread.

As for friend requests, the forum software is pretty old, and the friend feature here is really lackluster. However, good news. We will be updating to a new forum software within the next month or so, which will allow us to have a more robust set of community features.
  13. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

To friend request, you go into your user control panel (At the top right of the screen. From there hit friends & Foes. Use manage friends to add friends and manage foes to add foes. Just a warning though, there isn't much point at the moment, and it isn't used very often. We're going to be getting some new forum software soon, and it might become more relevant and important then. As of now, people don't use it much.

Also, rupees are used to buy treasures. Everyone starts with 100 rupees to spend as they choose. The prices of treasures depend on your characters PWC. say for instance your character has 3/2/1. You would buy a treasure for the amount of rupees labeled next to P, W, or C. If there was a P, and you had 3 P for instance, you'd buy it for the price labeled next to P3. Same with W2 and C1. This is kind of a confusing concept I understand, so you can read more about it in that character creation thread I linked in my other post.

Honor is a system where you can place restrictions on your character on purpose to add to the challenge of RPing with them. It's not required by any means, but if you'd like, read up on the types of honor and decide if you'd like to use it or have a normal character (Neither is better or worse, honor just has more restrictions placed upon it and is more difficult.) I don't use it myself.

I'm not sure if I'm the best one to explain the file size/picture size thing. Basically, try to find a picture that's about the size of an avatar. Don't go for something really big/really small.
  14. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

Do I lose P/W/C if I spend it on treasures?
  15. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

Sorry about all this, I am reading the character creation stuff, but I understand stuff better if it's explained to me. I dunno.

By the way, what is this peahat thing above my head?
  16. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

You don't spend PWC on treasures, only rupees. Again, you should refer to the tutorials link at the top. In there it discusses in depth our systems of P/W/C, Rupees, and Treasures. One of the bullets it lists is this:

"Treasures are bought with rupees."

And then on the P/W/C page (linked to in the tutorials section) it states this:

"P/W/C, or Power/Wisdom/Courage, is the way we determine pricing of the treasures in our Zelda role play. It is set on a scale between 1 and 5, with 5 being the height of proficiency in that area. Essentially, the higher the score, the easier it will be for a character to obtain a treasure associated with that virtue. While it is acceptable for you to use P/W/C as a sort of personal stat system, please bear in mind that its primary function is to determine a treasure’s prices. Each treasure has five prices, one for each level of virtue."

So from this, it should be gathered that P/W/C is the way you find out how much a treasure costs, and the rupees is what you buy it with. The P/W/C page is found here: http://hyrulecastle.org/tutorials/power-wisdom-courage/

Again, I highly encourage you to read and study the tutorials page, everything you need is likely found there! :n_n:

Also, the character creation page is a little outdated, go by the Tutorials page and the CC page as a supplement. Its not really feasible for us to explain every minute detail to every new member, so we are trying to get these pages made so that people like yourself can get every answer there. If you have suggestions for it, please PM them to me!

The Peahat thing is your rank, and will change as you post more in the forums.
  17. Miss Kaguya

Miss Kaguya Member new

Welcome Muramasa to our tiny humble hyrule castle.
  18. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

Okay, I think I'm getting it. I'm in the Library of Treasures, and I think I'm starting to get it. So if I wanted a Horse, and was a Hylian Guard, (could I be an ex-guard, rather than a current guard? Possessing the same P/W/C, just not in that employ anymore?), I would spend 80 rupees on it. If I had more, then I would spend less. Is that correct?

By the way, what are the things next to the items in the character template?

Thank you for being so patient.
  19. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

You could be an ex-guard. That's just your "origin", if that makes sense. It's basically your character's background, so you could definitely be retired or whatever you wish.

As for P/W/C, if I understand your question, you have it correct. Here is another excerpt from the PWC page:

"For example, the Command Melody treasure has this price system:

C5: 45 rupees
    C4: 60 rupees
    C3: 90 rupees
    C2: 120 rupees
    C1: 240 rupees

You can see the importance of having a high score in Courage when purchasing this treasure. It is advised that you consider what treasure types fit your character most before setting his P/W/C."

So if someone wanted to buy this, if they had a Courage score of one, it would cost them 240 rupees, a Courage of 2 would cost them 120, rupees, Three would be 90 rupees, and so on. So if you want a treasure, look at the P/W/C you gave your character, and figure out how much that individual treasure would cost for that character.

Also, the [ b] and [ u] things are text modifiers. They make your text bolded and underlined, which helps your character sheet look better. It also helps us find each category specifically because it makes the text stand out, so instead of

"Name: Dargus"

It would be:

"Name: Dargus"

See how that makes "name" more visible? It makes it easier for someone who may be roleplaying with you to find your personality, backstory, or whatever else they are looking for.

And no problem, we're here to help you!
  20. Muramasa

Muramasa New Member new

Hmm. You're going to have to teach me how to use that.

And is there any way to make more P/W/C? I'm almost to the point where I've got the information I want.