Hyrulean CYOA

Discussion in 'Sandbox Role Plays' started by Guy, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

(What. Why is Guy actually posting.)

I have decided to try my hand at a choose-your-own-adventure, or CYOA. If you don't already know what that is, I'm a douche, but google is your friend.

The initial setting is a Hyrule somewhat resembling that presented in A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time, albeit somewhat more advanced and diverse than the worlds presented in those games. A "boy in a green tunic" has become something of a legend, and no 'Link' presently exists as far as anyone can tell. I have other ideas in store--but we'll see if this actually lasts long enough for those to matter.

In this CYOA, I will periodically ask questions of "you"--which basically is everyone other than I who has access to this forum combined into one hideous creature. Whenever such a question is posed, I will grant an an amount of time (the length of which is "whatever the fuck I feel like") for anyone and everyone to answer the question. Each member can only give one answer; I will always take the most recent they provide. Once an adequate number of answers exist, I will use a RNG to determine which answer to use. As such, if you support someone else's answer instead of making your own, that answer will become considerably more likely to be used.

Before this actually kicks off and anything actually happens, however, we have to decide who you are. The following five questions must be answered.

What is your race, age, and gender? - It must be something of humanoid shape and sentient intelligence.

What are your greatest assets?

What are your worst faults?

Would you say you best personify Power, Wisdom, or Courage?

If you were put in a situation where you had to fight, what would you (try) to do, and what means would you use to accomplish this?
  2. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

20 year old Hylian Female. Her Greatest assets are her blacksmith's hammer, and years of making weapons. Her greatest faults would be acrophobia and a general lack of knowledge about the world she lives in outside of weapons She personifies power, and would run away from a fight.
  3. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    What is your race, age, and gender? Moblin, 39, Male.

What are your greatest assets? Your greatest asset is your vast knowledge and understand of magic.

What are your worst faults? You, at times, are prone to behave a bit unruly and arrogant; this, of course, serves to hamper any kind of social interaction.

Would you say you best personify Power, Wisdom, or Courage? Wisdom.

If you were put in a situation where you had to fight, what would you (try) to do, and what means would you use to accomplish this? You would try any of your spells on the combatant; if and when you find one suitable, you stick with it until it ceases to be.
  4. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

Race, age, and gender: Male Dinolfo - 20 years old
    Greatest assets: Greatest assets are Large Fire coming out of mouth and Strong Claws good for clawing Things To Be Clawed.
    Greatest faults: A general lack of comprehension of most of the world around him and rather poor grammar.
    PWC: Power all the way.
    In a fight I would Blow Much Fire And Insulting Phrases to engulf my enemies in a Blazing Inferno Of Justice(ish). Claws would also be employed as enemies are a Thing To Be Clawed.
  5. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    What is your race, age, and gender? I am Stalfols. I don't know age. I am male.

What are your greatest assets? Strength, endurance, and a large sword and shield.

What are your worst faults? I care not for talking and am anti-social.

Would you say you best personify Power, Wisdom, or Courage? Power

If you were put in a situation where you had to fight, what would you (try) to do, and what means would you use to accomplish this? I hit the other thing with sword until it stops doing anything.
  6. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

What is your race, age, and gender? 25 year male Zora mage, presumptuous and bookish

What are your greatest assets? Book of spells, keen intellect, and glasses that are always in need of pushing up

What are your worst faults? Inability to be anything but the leader, intense paranoia, narcissistic complex

Would you say you best personify Power, Wisdom, or Courage? Wisdom

If you were put in a situation where you had to fight, what would you (try) to do, and what means would you use to accomplish this? I would destroy them obviously, with an aptly chosen spell and my magic staff. Durr. I'm just that awesome.
  7. Guy

Guy Admin admin

You are a: 20-year old Hylian female.

Your greatest asset is: your vast knowledge and understanding of magic.

Your worse faults are: the inability to be anything but the leader, intense paranoia, and a narcissistic complex.

You personify: Power, more than Wisdom or Courage.

If you are put in a situation where you have to fight: you hit the other thing with your sword until it stops moving.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You arise from beneath a pine tree, your head aching horribly for reasons you can't recall. It takes a few seconds for you to come to your senses, but you find you've somehow ended up in the mountains. Looking into the partly cloudy sky, you discern it must be late morning... chilly enough for snow at this height, but none of it in sight.

Although you can't remember how you ended up here, that doesn't much bother you. Of course you can remember who you are--it would be difficult to forget. A young woman's hand slides forth from your robes, reaching for the comforting and familiar hilt of ganon's fang, the magical longsword sheathed at your left hip. As you recall, you left your home village of Kakariko several years ago... almost entirely because you despised every incompetent, lazy hylian being in it. Perhaps the wizzrobe powers you wield will someday enable you to raze it to the ground. Time will tell. For now, however, you raise the scarlet hood of your robe, masking your mild good looks, and step forth across the dewy grass.

It's no surprise that there is little else on your person save your robes, the chainmail vestments beneath it, a pair of black leather boots, your weapon, and a few spare rupees in one pocket. You're accustomed enough to foraging and hunting for survival; the numerous spells now etched into your blood make that particularly easy for you.

Examining your surroundings, there is a thicket of pine trees around you--loose enough that you can see through the forest, but tight enough that there could be creatures hidden within them. The northern path leads higher up the mountain, it seems, while the southern leads down. It is not inherently clear what lies at either end. In the eastern distance, you spy a dark opening which could be a cave. Westward, there is the jagged and abrupt edge of a cliff perhaps no more than a dozen paces from where you currently stand.

What do you do?
  8. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Head eastward, perhaps illuminating the cave with some sort of spell.
  9. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

Jump off of the cliff, using Feather Fall to land safely below :haa:
  10. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Go higher into the mountains.
  11. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

I second Senpai's decision
  12. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

I- Oh. Chie beat me to seconding the cliff jumping. Well I third it :haa:
  13. Guy

Guy Admin admin

(Oh, right, this was a thing. :wtf:)

You decide to: jump off the cliff, using Feather Fall to land safely below.

Deciding to go for a joyride for no explicable reason other than because you're a goddamn wizzrobe and you can, you abruptly sprint towards the west cliff. No more than eight long strides later, you leap dramatically from the edge with arms outstretched...

...It's only now that you realize just how high up on that mountain you must have been. There are clouds beneath you, and what looks to either my tiny building blocks, or a village. Although you do intend to cast feather fall before hitting bottom, of course, you figured you could enjoy a quick sky-diving trip first.

You give a slight wave towards the birds next to you as the wind passes across your robes, fluttering fluttering through the air. As your body begins to pick up speed, you find yourself rushing downward--your body straightening only to further enhance your acceleration downwards. Your eyes squint as sky and clouds pass by you as swiftly as arrows...

...The village below, as you can now see more clearly, seems to have somewhere around a dozen average-sized buildings. Before you look too much longer, however, you realize it would likely be best to cast the spell now rather than when your face is two meters underground. The spell is simple, so casting it only takes a shout--you feel your magical energies depleting slightly, in the same moment, your body's descent rapidly decelerates. You almost come to a completely safe speed, until a bird moronically whacks into your body and breaks your concentration, sending you spinning awkwardly through the air before crashing through someone's roof.

SMASH!! WHAM!! SCREECH!!

...Screech? You pry your head from beneath a pile of rubble, and you quickly realize your head is now even more sore than before, your body covered in bruises. Thankfully, you broke a bed on your way down, and feather fall did slow you down mostly... so you aren't too worse for wear, aside from being pissed off and frustrated with avian creatures everywhere. Oh look, here's one now.

As you pick your head up, you see what appears to be a middle-aged rito woman standing in the doorway of the apparent bedroom you currently occupy. You can safely assume she is where the 'screech' sound came from. On her face is an odd mixture of fear, concern, and shock--she appears to be speechless. You have already decided she annoys you.

What now?
  14. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Knock her out, steal her money, and run. It's not YOUR fault you went crashing through her roof, and besides, she's so annoying that it's probably justified. :D
  15. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    I second Double.