Getting ready for an adventure

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Legit Violet, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Legit Violet

Legit Violet Tourist of Hyrule new

Hey, guys! My character has been accepted so now I'm planning to start a RP with her. If you read my character's profile (Vayrin Kandar) Her motive is to find her lost father, so that's what she will be doing at the beginning of this RP. If any of you want to join in, or want to discuss a possible plot, I'd love to hear it!
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Well...

One possible thing I've been thinking of is that she's just kind of exploring around Castle-Town (it's the biggest town in the North, and probably the easiest to acquire any form of information in) and I was thinking that Julius, while on patrol, could notice her (she would probably stick out like a sore thumb, being armed and all). After inquiring about what/who (as the case may be) she is looking for, he suggests better equipping herself for her journey, and offers to lend his services to that end, since he is... pretty much the only Weaponsmith on the site, come to think of it.

That could potentially play out well, I think. Julius would probably have the idea to go off into one of the many abandoned mines, where rare materials (like Mirror Silver, or Splinter Crystal) could be found at, and essentially go excavating. The thread would probably end with Julius forging her a new weapon or, or maybe a shield.

Anyways, let me know if this idea interests you.
  3. Legit Violet

So your idea is to dive into some mines and find rare items to better equip herself for a long journey? That sounds like fun! Anyone else interested in joining?
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  4. Legit Violet

Or, maybe while they are looking in one of the abandon mines they find an old dungeon? Then we just pause the thread and move the RP onto a dungeon thread and find whatever rare materials at the end of the dungeon?
  5. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    I was gonna go into some long-winded schpiel about how roleplay works here, but I think you corrected yourself so that lets me avoid the whole thing.

Anyways, Julius is a . . . level 3 Weaponsmith currently, gaining up to level 5 at the end of this thread, meaning that you can choose any material from this page and he can make it into a weapon (or shield) for Vayrin to use.

So he could easily make a weapon with a built-in enchantment, or a Splinter Crystal weapon, or something made of Goron Iron... Really, it's up to you; I'm just happy to have a possible venue for increasing his Crafting level.
  6. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Disclaimer: The following is based on my personal understanding of how the site works, and should be considered of minuscule authority compared to: Guy, any other admin, any moderator (such as the magnificent clooby), and the vast majority of regulars. Should any of those disagree with my interpretation of things, they are probably correct.

... Because I'm significantly more pedantic and paranoid, I will go into detail;
    The way RP threads work are:
    Classic dungeons are for normal exploration of Zelda dungeons withing the Zelda universe. They may or may not be canon in your character's timeline, as you see fit, but they're kind of 'repeatable sidequesests' if you will, where they needn't majorly influence your character's storyline.
    Quests are used to perform adventures outside the mainframe of the zelda universe; battles, wars, investigations, explorations, or major events in the Hyrule castle forums AU. Both end up with rewards, but Quests result in a change in your character's narrative, where classic dungeons generally just result in increased resources.
    Now, that isn't stopping you from performing the idea mentioned in your most recent post, Soulvis, which I find quite intriguing and would love to involve myself in, but I feel the need to point out that it isn't necessary;
    Altercations with some mine-exploring moblins, a cave-in and a close shave of a literal cliffhanger (or similar events) would suffice for trials when it comes to rare ore rewards, if that's all you're looking for. If you're going for trials in both the mine and the old (classic) dungeon found in the excavation of the mine, if I know my rules right which I quite possibly don't, would earn you rewards for both the quest thread and the classic dungeon thread.

Now that I have thoroughly embarrassed myself with a barely coherent let alone cohesive paragraph or two, I would love to involve Darius Smidyon (armorsmith) on this journey, no matter which direction you decide to take.

Additional point now that I think about it; if the mine is ONLY the entrance to the classic dungeon, and no more, then you can simply make the whole thing a classic dungeon thread and specify that it directly affects your character's storyline.
  7. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Eternis is pretty much right about all that, yeah.

Anyways, I'd actually prefer if we did not run a Classic Dungeon, simply because I've done so many that I'm... honestly quite tired of them, at this point. But, if you're insistent on running a CD as opposed to a Quest (or both), then I suppose I'll tag along nonetheless.
  8. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Alternatively, if you want to do a Classic Dungeon I could offer one of my characters. That way Clooby won't have to do something he doesn't want.
  9. Legit Violet

Well thanks for clearing that up for me. Don't think that my opinion is the deciding factor, though. I just put the dungeon idea out there to make it a little more exciting, but I am still fine with hacking and slashing my way through a mine to find what we are looking for. Also, thats great that we have another member for this thread! Just come up with a way as to how he enters the RP. And if he's Joining Vayrin on her quest to....wherever. (Still need to come up with a good plot) Make sure that his motives are clear to her, otherwise she may have a hard time trusting him.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  10. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Well, Darius would probably be all about finding them rare ores in the mine, and I wouldn't really be surprised if he decided to accompany her for the purpose of experiencing more of hyrule; All he's known has been Hyrule Castle Town, pretty much.
  11. Legit Violet

Alright, though I still need to think of where she is going to go after Castle Town. She will need to find some info about her father pointing her in the right direction, although I am still thinking of how she will obtain said information. Any ideas?
  12. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Perhaps a description of her father is in one of the journals of Gardinia (The master smith Darius studied under), and Vayrin recognizes his smith's mark as the one on her father's favorite sword or something?
  13. Legit Violet

So it's implying that Gardinia has some sort of connection to Vayrin's father, or he just made a weapon for him? Sounds interesting...From there, his journal would give a hint to where her father travelled next?
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  14. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Exactly;
    Perhaps the journal mentioned that the sword he made for the fellow was crafted with some fire crystals, because he requested a good sword for cold climates?
    I'll leave it up to you as to whether they're connected by more than just the making of one sword, and the degree of connection if there is one.
  15. Legit Violet

Fair fair, or the Journal just simply tells that this particular 'fellow' said where he was going. Or in the general direction.
  16. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius would probably be a good source of information as well, considering he's a guard of rather high repute, and... really, one of the only weaponsmiths that I could think of without having to fall back to an NPC. He's also pretty old, too, so I don't really think there would have been a time when Vayrin's father could have passed through and then left without Julius really knowing about it.

It would also lend credibility to his belief of Vayrin not being equipped or trained well enough to follow in her father's footsteps, too, now that I think about it.
  17. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Hm...
    That sounds really cool, especially if it just so happened that Julius and Gardinia knew eachother (due to being weaponsmiths or whatever).
  18. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    He... probably would, actually, given the amount of time he spends in the slums whenever he's not really doing anything. Hell, it easily could have even been Julius who taught Gardinia about smithing at first.
  19. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

... Woah. That would make Julius REALLY OLD.
    Because Darius,my character, studied under Gardinia for at least a decade?
    Which would mean.... Hm...
  20. Legit Violet

I'm fine with anything, we just need to figure out how Vayrin and Julius (He may or may not have met Vayrin by this point in the RP) end up meeting Darius.
  21. Legit Violet

And also, I'm currently doing a dungeon with BP so the RP won't start til after, seeing as it fits with my Char's Storyline