Get rid of Cbox?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Strawberry, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Strawberry

Strawberry New Member new

Cbox is pretty bad when it comes to chatting it up with other users, it's almost similar to using a guestbook with a blog.

How about getting something a little better? Like an IRC chatroom possibly?
  2. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Yeah, it is pretty antiquated. Ours does have auto refresh, which makes it nice, but I'd be open to upgrading.

Do you have any suggestions on a good one to use?
  3. Lich-Kun

Lich-Kun New Member reg

If the cbox goes, I go!
  4. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    It's literally this site's and its predecessors' legacy. Why do you want to remove it?
  5. Strawberry

Strawberry New Member new

Unfortunately, I don't know any good ones.

:(

Not necessarily remove it, but upgrade it? I'm all for community related programs, but Cbox is pretty old.
  6. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Sorry Berry, but the Cbox is a big thing for a lot of reasons. It works well for us and I can understand why people are reacting so negatively. I disagree with your suggestion as well, but I'm just warning you to expect heavy opposition. People here feel pretty strongly about the Cbox.
  7. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Berry's suggestion isn't getting rid of cbox the function, but cbox the program (i.e. replacing it with a better chat program).
  8. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    I wish that cbox would pop out like a chatroom (or the ones I've frequented) did. Too often I have a lot of tabs open, and even opening cbox in a new tab, I have to make the window so large that it's pointless to have it in a smaller window.

I think that if there is something better out there, it should at least be looked at. It never hurts to look into options.
  9. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

I've thought about it, and decided if there's something better then I'd be for switching. After all, there's no use in holding onto the past if it's no longer the best answer.

And Strawberry, just saying, sorry if you feel like you've received a degree of hostility for suggesting the idea. The Cbox has been around forever, and people have grown attached by it and would probably feel uncomfortable with getting rid of it, even if it is to upgrade it.
  10. Aurelia

Aurelia unreliable and clumsy new

3DS Friend Code:
    3325-1925-7295
    I do t think its any that bad. I mean I seen and met up with worse but I think it goes well everyone loves it and why change what everyone is used to?
  11. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

I wouldn't remove it, but I wouldn't say no to a better-working program, if there is one.