Get Outta My Swamp

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Squishy, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Woodfall Temple

Starring:
    Wiki (Saria)
    Spaghet (Saria)
    Leskar (Squish) + MMMOONEEEYYYY

Rewards coming up later :kermit:

----

Night had fallen over the swamp. Most of the birds and insects had retreated for the night, leaving a ghostly silence only disturbed by the occasional buzzing of mosquitoes.

Leskar swatted one away. It had been buzzing around his head for the past few minutes, and it had started to drive the Fairy insane. In fact, the entire swamp was already starting to get on his nerves. The warm and sticky air had made him discard his cloak earlier on, leaving his remaining pair of arms, and the scabs where the other pair had been clearly visible to all, bugs and other creatures had been hampering Leskar's travels all day and on top of all that, he had gotten lost. Not that he would ever admit that. Oh no, his pride was far too great for that, but the Fairy wasn't quite sure how to get to his destination.

Or rather, how to get his destination to come to him.

Leskar could vaguely remember there once having been a temple in the middle of the lake he was looking on, but apart from a few wooden platforms and walkways, it was empty. Not a single stone or sign of any building in sight. It was the right lake, it had to be as it was the only one in the entire swamp, but the temple had mysteriously vanished. Though it might have to do with the fact that most of Leskar's knowledge of the world was ancient, and a lot could have changed by then.

Where the Fairy had swatted the first mosquito away, another one had appeared, plaguing him with even more buzzing. Silent regretting having given up two of his arms, Leskar followed it with his eyes, ready to strike it out of the air.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  2. Saria

Saria Severely Acute Radical Syndrome reg

"Now Spaghet," A croaky voice rang out through the swamp to speak to the moblin that was far away from the source. "Now that you've finished sucki--"

"Wiki, Wiki please," Spaghet sighed as he crawled his way across the swamp's walls, the obnoxious set of horns the Deku forced him to carry giving him a bit of difficulty. He didn't want to get his clothes wet, but he had managed to be convinced to carry these things. He couldn't even play them. Wiki hopped effortlessly across the water. "You're lucky that your father likes me enough to lend me his horns. Now shut up so we can find a Mad Scrub to play th--"

Spaghet sniffed the air and quickly skittered towards a tunnel, when Wiki reached the entrance he urgently shushed her. "I smell... I smell something..." He ... couldn't quite put his finger on it. Strange. Wiki of course ignored his advice, running through the tunnel.

"It's just another lost Hylian in the swamp, Spaghet," Wiki said as she approached Leskar, who she could only guess was what she had mentioned. "Don't shit yourself."

Spaghet quickly ran in towards the pair, bowing profusely.

"I-I'm so sorry for my c-clie--"

"Friend"

"-- Client, s-she speaks without thinking s-sometimes."

The moblin adjusted his glasses and then the horns he was carrying. Wiki looked furious.
  3. Squishy

Leskar whipped around, staring down at the two... things that had spoken. He was suddenly very aware that he had nothing to cover up the giant scabs above his arms, and neither had he retreated the glowing orbs above them in time. And yet they seemed to think him a Hylian. Well, even though it stung his pride to be mistaken for something as simple as a Hylian, he was not going to correct them. At least not for the time being.

The Fairy started slowly, lowering himself slightly so he could stand on the ground. Even when not hovering he still towered over the Deku and the- what even was the other one? Some kind of tiny Moblin?-

"You two." Leskar started. "Do any of you know about the temple here?"
  4. Saria

"Hey, HEY." Wiki began. Spaghets attempt to shush her were futile. "I don't let scummy weird scabby orbby floating Hylian men treat me li---"

"W-Wiki" Spaghet finally interupted. "Please ignore her sir she...she doesn't know what she's sa--"

"I do know what I'm saying!"

"WIKI."

Finally she was silenced. But not for long of course, knowing Wiki. Wiki thought he was a Hylian. Spaghet however did not. He knew what Hylians smelt like, and this man wasn't one. It just wasn't worth it to try to convince Wiki of something like that right now. Especially when he had damage control to do considering her rudeness.

"Y-yes, actually. I know quite a lot about the temple," Spaghet said, adjusting his glasses. "I... Ah, my client and I were on our way there now."
  5. Squishy

"...Hm."

The Fairy narrowed his eyes at the Deku, hands balling into fists at his sides. The little fury was already starting to get on his nerves. Perhaps he could knock some sense into her... His hands were itching.

No, Leskar reminded himself. That was not why he was here. He had come here for the temple, rumours had been going around that some evil creature deep inside had awoken. And it was his duty to put an end to it. Hitting plant-people was not.

The Bokoblin drew the Fairy's attention away from the Deku, slightly calming his temper. If they were going there, they had to know how to get there.

"Very well, then. I will follow you for now. I have business there."
  6. Saria

"Whoa, whoa, haha, no, wait, hold up there buddy," Wiki began. Spaghet once again tried to shush her, but she continued regardless. "I don't just let guys follow me around to a sacred Deku temple."

"... Wiki..." Spaghet replied, adjusting his glasses "We... we both know you don't care about anything your people worship."

"Who cares. It's about principles," Wiki said, putting her hands on her hips and sarcastically imitating the unknown man. "'I will follow you for now. I have business there.'" she crossed her arms. "Who even says shit like that and expects someone to think they're worth hanging around with?" She carefully watched the man's movements, ready to jump out of the way in case he decided to swipe at her. She was being a jerk and enjoying it, but pushing buttons was never without its consequences.

Spaghet sighed and scratched at his nose. It was a bit odd that the man hadn't introduced himself. Or asked for their names. And had just decided to tag along. With a moblin in a wig and an obviously deranged Deku. Well, at least he wasn't being attacked.

"... Ignore my companion, sir," Spaghet said with a tinge of annoyance. "... She's more bark than bite." - half true - "You're welcome to come with us. I have no issue with it."
  7. Squishy

Leskar's expression quickly went from stern to slightly annoyed, to downright furious.

"I am the Great Fairy of Justice!" He seethed, completely ignoring the Bokoblin. "And you will respect me. My duties bring me to the temple."

The Fairy did not elaborate on his reasons for being in the swamp any further. Instead, he crossed his arms over his chest and stared down at the Deku. If it wanted a battle of wills, it would get one.

"Now, you said you knew the way there."
  8. Saria

Spaghet pursed his lips. Yet again ignored by what was someone claiming to be a Great Fairy. But Spaghet could believe the man's claim. He thought he recognized some sort of oddity in his scent. Wiki probably could believe it too, since.. well, why not? But right now disagreeing with this man and being an obstinate little prick seemed like the better idea. The Deku made a rude noise before laughing.

"Oh wow, alright, 'Great Fairy of Justice'," Wiki said while making air quotes. "Your duties bring you to Woodfall. Congratulations. You're looking at it." She triumphantly showcased the nothingness before her. "There you go buddy."

Spaghet sat down on a nearby log, setting down Wiki father's set of horns before putting his hand to his cheek. He really hoped that Wiki didn't piss off this man enough to get killed. Her father would be so angry at Spaghet.

"You know tha--" he tried to speak, but was interrupted.

"-- The only reason why I let Spaghetti come here is because he's a good pack-mule. But this place is some sacred bullshit that I don't really care about. Deku Scrubs only screw around with other monsters, right? If I needed to respect you I'm certain you would have proved it by now." Wiki crossed her arms. "All I've seen is some cheap tricks, gross scabs, and disgusting looking hair. Besides, you've been ignoring my friend. The heck man. You have something against moblins or something?"

The moblin sighed. He rather liked the man's mane. He... also didn't really know why Wiki was sticking up for him all of a sudden, but it was probably just to get a rise out of the man instead of her actually being a good person for once. A pity.

"... I'm not really offended, Wiki. I'd rather just get an errand out of the way, Sir, and if you have ... a duty... then that's fine, I suppose. But please, if you decide to come along, ignore her," Spaghet said with a sigh. "If you do, she'll probably just tire herself out eventually."

Wiki screeched something incoherent at him before running over to him. She jumped onto his lap and began shaking him.

"Y-YOU'RE GONNA LET THIS GUY PUSH YOU AROUND?!" She screamed "W-WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!" She chose to ignore the hypocrisy in her statement. She grabbed the horns from the ground, situating them on her body before walking off, fuming mad. Spaghet put his hands to his cheek again after standing up. He looked up at the man who towered over him.

"... S-She doesn't even know how to play them," Spaghet said, tapping his claws together. "N-Neither of us do." He looked up at the man, and then down at the ground again. "A-Ah u-uhm, t-the temple, you n-need to uhm, play a song to access it. W-We were... j-just going to try to convince another scrub to play it for us."
  9. Squishy

The Fairy was not quite sure he had ever been insulted like that. Most of the time reactions were the complete opposite.

"D-disgusting?! Why you little...!"

Had Wiki not run over to Spaghet, Leskar would very likely have taken a swing at her. The ring on his finger gave off a faint glow, but at the last second he reminded himself that they were very likely the only creatures that could get him into the temple. Hitting one, no matter how much she deserved it, was not going to help him in the long run. At least now now.

Luckily, the Deku had decided that she had had enough of them, and walked off. The redhead glared in her direction for a moment, until he heard Spaghet speak up. He turned his head, trying to turn his glare into a more neutral expression. At least the Bokoblin had been polite to him.

"A song?" Leskar gave Spaghet a puzzled look. " That is... peculiar. And how is she going to convice the scrub? Shout at it until it obeys?" He made a sound somewhere between a chuckle and a grumble. "Perhaps I can help with that, in case her... charms fail. It is of the utmost importance that I reach the temple."

He started off in the direction Wiki had gone, feet hovering mere inches above the ground.

"There is something in there. Something that must not get out."
  10. Saria

Spaghet looked sheepishly down at the ground as he followed beside the man. He absolutely believed that Wiki's plan was to yell at another scrub until it played for them. Spaghet would have just asked nicely... but knowing scrubs, that wouldn't have worked either.

"... When you say something.. what exactly do you mean by that, Sir?" He asked. He didn't know Woodfall very well, but through the mist he could smell Wiki. Although he instinctually followed her scent, the swamp wasn't very difficult to navigate and he probably didn't even need to. Spaghet's ears picked up when he heard Wiki's shouts coming from a distant platform. He counted to three in his head... and immediately after smelt charred wood on the air. A sigh escaped him and he looked back to the man traveling along with him.

"... I will ask you kindly for your help," Spaghet said, looking nervously towards the source of the smell. "My companion... will not even admit she needs it." He looked down at the ground again. "A-Ah, where are my manners, my name is Spaghet Yettin. I-It's nice to meet you, Sir." He didn't expect a name in return - he never did - but offered all the same. He calmed mildly when he stopped smelling the familiar scent of burning wood-flesh - Wiki probably pushing the body into the swamp - but he was certain that if he didn't find his companion soon he'd be smelling it again shortly.

"... S-So, Ah, S-Sir, do you know how to play the h-horns?"
  11. Squishy

"That I do not know. I can sense something inside, something dangerous. All I know is that it is a threat to the peace of this land, and that it is my duty to eradicate it."

The Fairy's lips twitched upward ever so slightly. While on most people it would have been considered a neutral expression, for him it counted as a smile- a very small one-, pleased with the Bokoblin's politeness.

"I am called Leskar. Though most will know me by my title." The words left a bitter taste in his mouth. Nowadays, the people he met seemed to not know him at all, all having forgotten him during his long slumber. "I am afraid I have never touched Deku horns, I have heard of them once, long ago."

The scent of something burning drifted past on the wind.

"Perhaps if you can calm your companion, you could request any Deku to play them. Or I could try to persuade them."
  12. Saria

Spaghet nodded. He supposed it was an honorable enough quest. The moblin however wasn't really concerned with honorable quests. Spaghet was more interested in winning rupees in a court room or reading a book alone in his home. He could save the noble quests for men who seemed interested in them. Spaghet blinked as the man continued. If most would know the man by his title, then why hadn't he had spoken it? "... err.. ah... hmm..." Spaghet was suddenly quite concerned, which wasn't unusual for the moblin. Spaghet began to rub his lips together. Calm? Wiki? Absolutely not. That left the second option.

"I-I'm sure I could ... quiet her, momentarily. B-But I ..." Spaghet spoke, stopping for a moment while he attempted to think about the correct phrasing of his next sentence. "... I would be.. ah.. quite impressed if you could persuade one.. ah.. hmm.. S-Scrubs are difficult creatures to convince. E-Especially when it c-comes to ... well..." Spaghet looked the man over again. ".. outsiders." Spaghet pursed his lips. He had his doubts on whether or not this man could convince a Deku Scrub to let him into a sacred temple. Spaghet knew that he personally couldn't. But then again, Spaghet wasn't very good at convincing people outside of a court room.

"... B-But y-you seem like the.. influential type." -- he was seriously curious about the man's title now, but he wasn't going to be rude and ask for it -- "I... I'm sure we'll find a way," Spaghet said with a slight smile before continuing on. He sniffed the air again, looking for his companion. When he got her scent, he continued to follow, however, it's not like he could have gotten lost at this point anyways, it seemed like a straight shot to the temple. Winding platforms to a bigger platform, probably where their journey would end once the group couldn't convince another scrub to let them in. Spaghet gulped. He... didn't appreciate these negative thoughts of the future.

"... W-We should ... p-probably try to find someone to help us before we find Wiki." Spaghet said. "It seems ... wise." He sniffed the air again. He was certain that Wiki was probably skipping flowers that seemed dormant. She was too hot headed and too angry to check systematically for any sleeping Scrubs.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  13. Squishy

"I am the Great Fairy of Justice, surely they will obey me." Leskar said with a hint of pride.

He followed Spaghet's advice, hovering over water and land alike to inspect the various flowers. Most of them seemed empty- some a little charred and trampled- but eventually he came across one that had some leaves sticking out of its centre.

The Fairy stared at it for a moment, not entirely sure how to proceed. Was one suppoed to pull it up from the ground like a weed? He cleared his throat, hoping for a reaction.

Nothing happened.

With a sigh, Leskar grabbed the little bunch of leaves, pulling the flower's inhabitant out into the clammy air.

The Deku shuddered in his hand, large orange eyes snapping open. It stared at the redhead quietly, as if it was not entirely awake yet. But Leskar had never been one for a polite 'good morning'.

"You there. You are an inhabitant of this swamp, are you not?"
  14. Saria

Great fairy of what? Spaghet looked a little confused as the man said it, but nodded regardless. He wasn't going to be rude... but he really had no idea what the man was saying. He had never heard of that title before. Maybe he could ask Wiki about it later. She was always into weird history. But even then there were plenty of facts she didn't know or lied about knowing just to try to impress him. He learned long ago to fact check everything Wiki said.

The moblin followed the man, looking at Wiki's destruction. What a horrible creature she was. Finally, the pair approached a flower that wasn't destroyed. Spaghet hung back, watching to see what the man would do. He said that they would obey him - did he have some sort of mind control power?

The Deku was quick to react - a quick nut spit into Leskar's face. Spaghet's eye twitched and his mouth fell agape. He knew that would happen. The creature in the fairy's hand wiggled its feet around, desperate to be free. Spaghet began to solemnly shake his head. He didn't have much hope for this one, but maybe the man was more persuasive than the moblin gave him credit for? But for now, it really didn't seem like he had much in the way of social skills.

"... S-Sir I... Hmhmmm..." Spaghet said, beginning to doubt this man had any sort of powers he described.
  15. Squishy

It took Leskar a few seconds to process what exactly just happened. Then, he grabbed the Deku's snout with his free hand, absolutely fuming.

"How dare you?!" The Fairy hissed, finger tightening just tight enough to avoid cracking the wood of the Deku. "Do you have any idea who I am?! One more act of disrespect and you will rue the day you were born, let that be clear."

The Deku, however, was not entirely impressed. It eyed the raging redhead with an empty stare, before the leaves on its head started spinning, forcing Leskar to let go. It lifted off, all he while staring at the royally pissed off Fairy as it flew higher and higher, until it was out of sight.

Leskar breathed deeply through his nose, arms twitching. Perhaps it was a good thing he had lost most of his offensive powers, or else he might have handled this the same way Wiki was handling it, judging by the smell of burning wood still hanging in the air. He did not turn back to Spaghet, instead speeding on to the next flower, still looking furious.

After a few more empty flowers, the Fairy's feet touched down on one that was still occupied. Its inhabitant nervously peeked out of its little hidey hole, quaking in terror. It seemed this Deku was a lot meeker...
  16. Saria

The moblin watched the scene in silence. He realized how often he witnessed acts of violence that he never brought up again. He nervously looked at the ground before following Leskar silently. The moblin cleared his throat as they approached the next flower. He inhaled sharply, taking stock of the situation. The man was decent at telling what others were feeling by the way they were smelling.. and he certainly sensed that he was going to speak before this angry man did, that was for sure.

"A-Ah, hello," Spaghet said quickly, "We want to get into the temple. What we can do for your assistance?" He began to sweat. The moblin tried to be short and to the point when dealing with Deku Scrubs. It tended to work out the most in his favor when he was. Spaghet thought ahead and he tried not to show all of his cards right away, another thing he learned while dealing with scrubs. He wasn't sure what he could offer outside of rupees, and frankly if the scrub was interested in them they would probably ask for them and in that case he could begin to barter price.

The Deku Scrub poked its head out of the flower before diving back in. Spaghet frowned before scratching his chin. He looked up at Leskar before looking back down at the Flower. The moblin was at a loss, the scrub seemed more meek than the usual Dekus he met. He sighed and crouched. Life wasn't without risk and reward. He sniffed the air again.

"... Ma'am..." Spaghet said, guessing the scrub's gender from the way that they smelt. He was... usually right. Usually. "Please.. I .." the moblin looked at Leskar, unwilling to pledge the man to his next sentence. "... desperately need your help. What can I do to earn it?"
  17. Squishy

The scrub's eyes nervously darted from Spaghet to Leskar, and back. The leaves on her head trembled slightly, but she remained silent. That is, until there was another frustrated cry in the background, following by a 'woosh' and the smell of burning wood. The tiny Deku cowered and cried out.

"Please just make her stop! I'll do anything, please!" Two orange eyes peeped over the edge. "I really don't want to burn..." She added in a small voice.

Leskar crossed his arms, looking down at Spaghet. As much as it hurt his pride to admit it, perhaps the Moblin was better at getting them help than he was. At least when it came down to diplomacy. Or perhaps this scrub really just was terribly meek. Whatever it was, the sooner they got into the temple, the better, the Fairy decided.

"I'll stop her." He said, simply. And then he went off, zooming over the water to where a small plume of smoke rose.

It did not take long from Leskar to find Wiki, following a trail of singed and smoking flowers. When he found the fuming Deku, he landed lightly behind her.

"We've found a scrub. But she will only help if you stop setting everything on fire."
  18. Saria

Spaghet sighed. Of course. He nodded and looked at Leskar as he darted away. The moblin began to shake slightly. He knew how well Wiki dealt with being told to stop.

Wiki whipped around. Augh, this idiot again.

"First of all, I wasn't setting everything on fire. If everything was on fire, I would be dead," Wiki scoffed. She rolled her eyes dramatically. She straightened her back, realizing she was hunched slightly as she was looking at the remains of the non compliant scrub who was now a non compliant pile of ashes. "Whatever. I'll stop, but see? Probably wouldn't have gotten her to agree to help if I wasn't here." Wiki stretched. "Yeah, yeah, no need to thank me."

Wiki crossed her arms and looked back at Leskar. She looked him over again. He was... well, strange. He was obviously capable of flight but she wasn't sure if she really bought his Great Fairy claim. Part of her really wanted to poke the hornets nest. But before she made a decision on whether or not to listen to that part of her mind she was going to make her way back to Spaghet first, following her trail of destruction.

"So uh, what was it, Great Fairy of uh, Justice?" Wiki began to speak to Leskar again as she approached just within earshot of her moblin companion. "You got a name or a way of introduction that doesn't rely on claims you haven't been able to live up to yet?" Had this guy given her his name? Who knew. If he had it wasn't important enough for her to remember.
  19. Squishy

"Leskar." Leskar ignored Wiki's dabs at his title, as much as it tried his patience. "That is my name." He would show her. In time. If she was worthy of his powers. Though looking at the way things were going at the moment...

The Fairy remained an inch off the ground as the rejoined Spaghet and the cowering Scrub. He gestured at Wiki with one arm, only barely in time remembering that the other arm on that side was no more. The Scrub eyed Wiki nervously, even more jumpy than she had been mere minutes ago. Though that was not all that surprising, considering the smell of burned wood still lingering in the air- and around Wiki.

"She's stopped. Now, as what you promised us..."

Leskar quieted, looking expectantly at Spaghet. He could only hope this Scrub actually knew how to play the horns. And the correct song.
  20. Saria

"... at least your name is shorter than your ego," Wiki yawned. She threw the horns onto the ground, figuring out quickly that they had found an unwitting scrub to do their dirty work. Spaghet flinched as the horns tumbled. They were durable, sure, but the way Wiki always treated things that were her fathers ...

The scrub quickly scrambled to grab the horns. The other scrub across from her tapped her finger against her cloak. When the other scrub didn't immediately begin to walk towards the proper platform, Wiki quickly approached her. The scrub froze and her shaking increased. Spaghet was too quick to stop the Deku from initiating physical contact, but alas, Wiki pushed the scrub towards the proper place.

"Get a move on!" she barked. "I have no time for squeamish run of the mill scrubs."

"Wiki..." Spaghet mumbled. He cleared his throat. "I apologize for my companion."

"Stop apologizing!"

The group shuffled along quickly to follow the new pace of both Wiki and the scrub. It was clear that no one really wanted to be together for very long. Spaghet scratched at the back of his head as he watched the small scrub position herself and begin to play. Wiki sat down beside her, close, too close. Both Spaghet and the small scrub shook.