Get Outta My Swamp

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Squishy, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

The first notes came out shrill and trembling, the Deku too nervous to play properly. But with her rather... intense audience, she was too nervous to really screw up. And so on the second try the song was clearer, and even recognisable as a song instead of a series of shrill noises.

At first, the air in the swamp remained as still and putrid as it had been for hours. But then, Leskar noticed bubbles appearing in the middle of the lake. Bubbles quickly growing bigger. Bubbles bursting as an enormous structure rose from the water, gunk and and mud from the bottom of the lake oozing off it. It did not improve the smell of the swamp.

"Ah. There it is." Leskar stated. "You have our thanks."

As soon as the structure stood, a stone walkway slowly sliding out towards the little group, the Deku dropped the pipes, quaking in her tiny boots. She seemed to be very tempted to just give up and run.
  2. Saria

Saria Severely Acute Radical Syndrome reg

"Yeah, thanks," Wiki said, obviously bored with this woman. "Scram." When the other scrub didn't immediately get up and run, Wiki was quick to take off towards her. With multiple angry shooing motions the woman chased the scrub down and away from the group. It's not like the other woman really had to be chased off so violently, of course, she was more than willing to get out of there. Who would really want to be stuck with such a mismatched and strained squad?

Spaghet bit at his lip and held his nose, waiting a bit before unplugging it. He was not appreciating these intense smells and shifts in smells. Wiki whipped around and looked at him. Spaghet looked towards Leskar, and then back towards Wiki. Wiki knew exactly what she was supposed to do... and was dragging ass on it.

"What?!" Wiki said, looking at Spaghet. He shrugged slightly and made no comment, instead opting to examine the wide gap between them and the temple. Even though there was a walkway, he didn't really appreciate the opportunity to be pushed off. The Deku crossed her arms before uncrossing them again in a huff. She started off towards the temple, making sure to bump just ever so slightly into Leskar.

"Come on, you said there was some great evil? Or? Some other exaggerated purpose for your quest?" Wiki said sarcastically, looking behind her and smirking slightly before running across the bridge. Spaghet stopped looking around and watched Wiki cross.

"... I-I'm .. I don't want to apologize for her, since.. but.. ... ugh.." Spaghet said, cutting himself off, defeated. His shoulders slumped as he waited for Leskar to walk across the bridge first, not out of fear 10% fear but out of politeness.
  3. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

That was the last drop.

Leskar ignored Spaghet's mumbling, flying after the insolent Deku, hand outstretched. He yanked Wiki off the ground by her collar, letting her feet dangle in the air as he stared her down, absolutely furious.

"You will not make light of my duty, you hear me?" He hissed at her, fingers twisting in the fabric of her cowl. "What is sealed in that temple is a danger to us all, you insolent little-" But the Fairy's words were drowned out by a mighty rumbling of stone, as the entrance to the temple was revealed by a sinking slab of stone. Leskar startled, looking past Wiki into the gaping darkness of the entrance, unceremoniously dropping the Deku on the ground. He was close now, he could sense it. The Fairy glared down once more. "Fortunately for you I am not at my full strength. But know this: cross me again and I will make you regret it."

As Leskar headed inside, he almost regretted not jumping into the water around the temple. Four arms would make wrangling that Deku so much easier. But there were more important matters at hand. The inside of the temple was dark and stuffy. Where there had been a sigh of a breeze every now and then in the swamp, here was nothing but stale, warm air. It was suffocating. Leskar frowned, waiting for his eyes to get used to the dark.

He was standing at the edge of a gaping chasm, black clouds billowing down below. There were various large, pale flowers growing around the chasm on tall stalks, not unlike the deku flowers outside. On the other side was a platform, and what Leskar guessed was a door.
  4. Saria

Saria Severely Acute Radical Syndrome reg

Wiki hissed as she hit the ground. What a fool, what an idiot, what a dead man. He was dead, surely. He was on the list, and no one should be on Wiki’s list. No one. No one, unless they wanted to be dead.

Wiki was quick to dash into the temple, her eyes having no problems seeing in the dark. Spaghet followed slowly behind, glancing around as he did so. He disliked going into Woodfall, it brought back bad memories for him. Plus, it always had a strange smell to it that overpowered Spaghet’s senses in the worst of ways. And today it was especially foul.

“M-Mr. Leskar,” Spaghet stammered, doing his best to navigate without his eyes fully adjusted. “P-Please do not stray far.” Spaghet did his best to stay close to both him and Wiki, but he was having some difficulties that he was mustering up the courage to admit to the pair. “I-I have very poor eyesight, b-but very good smell, and f-frankly n-neither of them are doing me any favors right now.” Spaghet began to shake slightly. Something didn’t feel right, something didn’t feel right at all. “… and please ignore my client. She’s a rather rude woman who really does need to learn some manners.”

“Shut up Spaghet,” Wiki hissed. She stopped suddenly. Her words weren’t said just in response to Spaghet’s remark. She glanced around the spacious room. She had smelt it too. It wasn’t right, the familiar smell of Woodfall was, well, different. And she definitely had been here enough times to notice.

The room was dark, but thankfully Wiki could see in it. Unfortunately for Spaghet, he could not, and he especially could not see the tangle of vines that were quickly making their way towards the trio.

“Watch out!” She yelled, rushing towards the moblin and grabbing him by the sleeve. She yanked him further inwards towards the temple’s center, the vines themselves coming from the walls where they had entered from. The moblin was unaware of the danger, instead choosing to heed Wiki’s warning – besides, he’d be a little bit of a fool not to take the advice of a Deku in Woodfall