Gasha Seed

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Darth_Slaverus, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Darth_Slaverus

Darth_Slaverus Member vet

Haven't seen anything like this in the Library, plus it has a canon basis, so... Let me know if I've overlooked something. :tpr:

Name: Gasha Seed

Fields: Seed, Single-Use (Or PerQuest with a supply), Forest, Healing

PWC Type: N/A

Appearance: A sky blue, teardrop-shaped seed.

Function: When planted in soil, the seed will grow into a small tree over the course of a few minutes. This tree produces soft-shelled nuts which heal anyone who consumes them. Curiously, the healing effect grows stronger for every monster the planter personally slays, and also gradually increases over time. Attempting to consume a nut immediately would be only marginally better than bandaging a wound, while one that has fully developed can heal a moderate wound. After the tree's nuts have been plucked, it shrinks back down into the earth, never to be seen again.

Limitations: Has to be planted in dirt, effects are minimal if used immediately, and the trees can be destroyed/harvested by a clever enemy.

Feel free to tinker with the exact specifics of the function. Could be just cracking the nut open instead of consuming it. Gasha Nuts in the Oracle games could also contain rupees or magic rings, but I figured healing would probably fit best in the RP. I'm also not sure how many nuts should be produced by an individual tree, I'll leave that up to you.
    Cloud likes this.
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Fun fact: Gasha Seeds were an item on Hylian Shield. They were implemented horribly. :tpr: I implemented them.

Anyway, just making them heal is probably a much better solution. The only other real possibility would be some kind of PerQuest effect that gives rupees, or something, which is already a thing several times over. It also works well with future-Botanists, since Gasha Seeds could work as a healing-based material (assuming these could be used as a material, like most other seeds).

I don't think you specified one thing--or maybe I'm just dumb and can't read--but... In the games, the effect gets stronger depending on how many monsters you slayed between the seed's planting and it becoming a tree. If this seed grows in a few minutes, though, that doesn't give much time to kill monsters. So, what would be the benchmark, exactly? The number of monsters killed in a day?

Personally, I think it would be kind of cool to make it so the plant took a few hours, more like in the games. You plant it outside of a dungeon, go in to kill everything, then come out to get healed (hopefully, if no one stole the seed). That would make it (even) more distinct from the typical healing treasures like Rejuvenation or Life which have the normal few-minute limitations. What do you think of that?
    Cloud likes this.
  3. Darth_Slaverus

Darth_Slaverus Member vet

Whoops, should have been more clear on this. My bad. My intent was that the effect would still grow stronger even after the tree was fully-grown, as long as you kept slaying monsters, so you effectively had unlimited time until someone plucked the nut. But, at the same time...

... I am totally fine with this :haa:

And yeah, I agree that Gasha Seeds should be focused on healing, what with the abundance of PerQuest rupee treasures. Using them as a healing ingredient for Botanists is a cool idea, too. I approve of this~
    Guy and Cloud like this.
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin