Forest Temple TP [UltraLuxray525]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Ultra5, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

Relerin sits atop a stump in the middle of the forest. His face is buried deep in a book titled 'The Art of Death', one of his personal favorites. His bag and staff leaning on the stump next to him a pile of books next to his bag. Strangely there are no animals making any noises anywhere around. Relerin is used to this, but Ba'al is unsettled.

The pentagram in Relerin's eye flashes as Ba'al uses Relerin to speak again. "Whelp. It's quiet. Too quiet. Something is wrong here. Stay alert."

Relerin's eye flashes again. "Thank you Ba'al. I will be careful. I am rather used to animals avoiding me though." Relerin looks up and around. The stump he is sitting on is right next to the entrance of an abandoned temple. Relerin closes 'The Art of Death' and sets it in his lap face up as he stares into the temple's entryway thinking intently. "Although the temple does make me feel...something..."
  2. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Autumn dropped the deceased rabbit into Amayla's outstretched hand. "Wow, nice catch, girl." Amayla chuckled as she stroked the dead animal's gnarled body. "Looks like we have our lunch." Amayla hoisted the rabbit over her shoulder and rose from a pile of leaves she had been reclining in.

The dog gave her master a wide grin and leaped towards the bushes a few times, knowing that the two of them were about to travel. "Yeah, that's right. We're going somewhere." It was a warm summer day in Faron Woods, perfect for movement over long distances.

The thief started walking, but her dog was already several kilometers ahead. Amayla picked up her pace. Now jogging alongside Autumn, she looked back at the venue receding behind them.
    "Yes...we're going somewhere...but where exactly?" She thought as she and Autumn hurdled over a log.
  3. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

"Hm. Curious." Relerin finally snaps out of his stare. "Oh well." Relerin drops 'The Art of Death' into his bag. He then stands up and hops off the stump and begins to pack his bag with the books.

Relerin smiles a bit to himself fitting all the books back into his bag. "Good. Well now it is time I...dog?" Relerin sees a dog running through the forest with what appears to be a girl following it. Looking confused Relerin grabs his staff just in case, not that he really needs it for his spells. "Excuse me! Hello?" Relerin calls out to the dog and the person readying an Arcane Bolt in his off hand just in case either turns out to be not so friendly.
  4. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Amayla and her dog didn't stop. There was no way in heaven or hell that they would stop their travel for someone who might as well be some puny traveler in need of directions. Instead, Amayla barked back, "Go away!" and picked up speed. As Amayla watched the young man ebb from eyeshot, she remembered something. "Autumn, stop for a minute!" Amayla ordered. The black dog obediently skidded to a halt. Motioning with her head towards the darkness, Autumn whined loudly. She clearly wasn't liking their abrupt pause.

Amayla sunk to Autumn's level and scratched her behind the ears. "Now, now, girl. What do you say we see what this guy has to say to us after all?" A wretched grin crawled across her lips and she winked. Autumn's ears shot up. She knew what her owner was talking about by that. Autumn commended Amayla with a lick on the face.

"Yeah, yeah...that's right..." Amayla whispered with a chuckle. "Okay, let's go!"
  5. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

Relerin watches as the girl and the dog runs past him. "Go away!" Is all the girl yells before running off. "Well that was rather rude." Relerin dispells the Arcane Bolt and lays his staff next to his bag again. "Well I guess it's back to town for me. And hopefully mother is home. I'm out of rupees again. Oh well." Relerin slings his bag's straps over his shoulders and grabs his staff again.

Relerin walks out a bit admiring all the trees and plant life when he notices the girl stopped running and is talking to her dog. "...What do you say we see what this guy has to say..." Relerin barely picks that up as Ba'al speaks in the Hylian's head. Whelp. That could be a bad thing. Be ready. If you die I swear I will damn you straight to the Ninth Level of Hell.

"I know Ba'al. I know." Relerin charges up the Arcane Bolt again hidden in his hand.
  6. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

"Hey, wait up!" Amayla shouted in the sweetest tone she could manage. "Where ya going? Slow down!" From behind Amayla could see that the boy was a redhead garbed in several robes. Autumn ran ahead, nosing the boy in his leg and making a whining noise in an attempt to grab his attention.

"You called us, didn't you?" Amayla said, doing everything in her power to appear innocent. She threw her hands behind her back and clasped them together. "So what is it you wanted to say?" Autumn returned to Amayla's side and sat down beside her, trying to appear just as harmless.
  7. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

Relerin watches the girl closely. Perhaps this was not a very good idea. Still keeping the Arcane Bolt in his hand hidden Relerin speaks without making eye contact. "Well I was wondering what you were doing with the dog there. I was wondering if I should have helped you catch it or not, but it seems that the latter was the case." Relerin quickly glances over to the girl hoping that she doesn't notice the pentagram in his eye even though she is standing on the same side as the afflicted eye. "With a closer look you do not look that much older than I am, so now I am wondering what you are doing here. I am Relerin, by the way. Relerin Ba'al." Ba'al is growling in Relerin's head not trusting either one of the newcomers.
  8. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

EDIT – 3.26.2013 2:59 PM

“Oh, no worries—the dog is with me. We’re trying to get somewhere, is all.” Amayla continued to inch closer to him, until she appeared right by his shoulder. She slung an arm around him. “Soooooo, where are you headed? Nice staff, by the way.” She resisted the urge to slip a hand inside an opening in his robes. Amayla was about a inch taller than him, and never had she felt so happy about it before. She felt she could dominate him easily if a fight ensued in a few seconds.
  9. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

Relerin shifts uncomfortably trying to wriggle out of the girl's grasp. Something seems very wrong to Relerin when she mentions his staff. He doesn't want to, but he might have to use the Arcane Bolt he is hiding. "I am terribly sorry. I greatly dislike contact. I was heading back to town."

Meanwhile Ba'al is yelling in Relerin's head that the girl is up to something. Relerin tries to ignore the demon in his head. "I was out here to catch up on my reading and my studies. I really must be going though. I am sorry to have wasted your time." The girls arm is still slightly around Relerin's shoulder as he tries to walk away.
  10. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

“Wha—hey!” Amayla yelped. “Don’t leave yet!” Autumn barked and frantically pulled the back of his robe to get him to stay. That’s when Amayla quickly raked something against her stomach and dropped to one knee. “Please…I’m hurt.” Although Relerin hadn't noticed it, she had stealthily taken his dagger from him just as he staggered from reach, and used it to cut herself. Amayla coughed dramatically and trembled. If there was anything Amayla was thinking at that moment, it was that her acting skills needed more work.

Autumn played along by whining and nosing Amayla's face.
  11. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

"Wha-you were fine just..." Relerin dispells the Arcane Bolt and feels for his dagger, which isn't there any more. Relerin's eyes widen as he realizes what happened. Relerin drops his staff and his bag as the pentagram in his eye flashes. He walks over to the girl and kneels down acting like he is looking at the wound.

Ba'al's demonic voice issues forth from Relerin's mouth. "This doesn't look too bad...compared to what you will have for stealing from me bitch!" Ba'al wraps Relerin's hand around the girl's neck and points his free hand at the dog another Arcane Bolt charging in the hand. "You took me for a weakling right? You think you can steal from me and get away with it?" Ba'al squeezes his grip, which is stronger than it would look it should be. Purple flames start to form around Relerin's hand around the girl's neck as a sadistic grin forms on Relerin's face. "Say hello to the Ninth Circle for me will you?"
  12. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Gagging on her own spit, Amayla coughed, "L-Let me go! For Din's sake, I'm sorry! I'm sorry, goddammit!" Autumn moved away, barking and whining at the same time. "Release me you PSYCHO!" When Amayla didn't feel fresh air rush to her throat, she raised both of her legs and with the last of strength, put her feet against Relerin's chest and pushed off. She hit the soil with a harsh thud.

Gasping for air, Amayla looked up at the boy towering over her. His fists were bursting with radiant purple flames. He was no longer the weak child she thought he was. He was something possesed. He was like a demon.
  13. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

"I'm not one for doing good, but maybe I should off you and save the rest of the world the trouble." Ba'al laughs, the Arcane Bolt still aimed at the dog. "I promise it will be slow and painful. Or maybe I kill your dog here and have IT kill you instead. Such irony. Thick like clotted blood." Ba'al laughs an incredibly demonic laugh making Relerin lick his own lips. Ba'al grabs the girl again by the throat smiling as wide as ever.

Bringing her face an inch from his Relerin's eye flashes as Relerin speaks again. "I do not wish to kill you, but if you try to steal from me again I may just lose control of Ba'al." Relerin lets go of the girl letting her fall to the ground again. He keeps the Arcane Bolt up as he reaches down and retrieves his dagger. "Now I will be getting my bag and I shall be on my way with no more incident and we never met yes?"

Relerin dispells the Arcane Bolt from his hand and turns to find a monkey running into the temple with his bag. Relerin runs over to where his bag was and grabs his staff which is still there for some reason. "That monkey has stolen my bag." Relerin turns his head towards the girl again as his eye flashes. "You will help me get it back. Right little thief? Or do I kill your dog?" Relerin charges up the Arcane Bolt again aimed at the dog.
  14. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Amayla had no choice. She couldn't lose Autumn, her only friend and her only family. But at the same time, she hated the thought of helping someone who nearly choked her to death. Amayla frowned, but nodded. "Fine. I'll help you get your stupid bag back, but once we get it back, I'm out of here." She snapped and stormed off into the direction of the ancient temple. Autumn hustled after her, tail between her legs and ears drooping. Amayla soothed her dog with insults about the boy.

She stopped at the temple's entrance and looked back at Relerin. Although she hated to admit it, he had really scared her with that sudden transformation and freaky eye. Thinking back on it made her want to cry. Amayla fought back tears as she waited for Relerin to catch up.
  15. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

"Fine. I'll help you get your stupid bag back, but once we get it back, I'm out of here."

"And if I ever catch you stealing from me again I rip your dog apart then use it to kill you." Relerin's eye flashes as the Arcane Bolt is dispelled yet again. Walking over to the entrance of the temple just a little behind the girl Relerin can hear a few of the insults she is trying to sooth her dog with.

Relerin actually chuckles at a few of them. Upon reaching the entrance Relerin turns to the yet unnamed girl. "Excuse me. I know that any small talk is most likely the last thing you would want, but might I have your name or at least something to call you besides what Ba'al keeps yelling in my head? Although Ba'al is, I am not a complete monster. I am sorry you have been tangled up in this, but you really should not steal or judge anyone based on their appearances."
  16. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

"My name is Amayla Ashdown, O.K.? And I will continue to steal from people based entirely on their appearances. Risk is essential when you're a thief." She replied, haughtily stroking her black hair back with a gloved hand. "Who is this Ba'al guy you keep mentioning, anyway?" She glared her dark blue eyes into his, stepping a few feet closer to the entrance.

In the corner of her eye she could see Autumn messing with something on the ground. She was curious to know what is was, but wanted to hear Relerin's response.
  17. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

Relerin stares back the pentagram in his right eye pulsing with an orange glow illuminating Relerin's other brown eye. "Okay Ms. Ashdown. The Ba'al I keep referring to is the literal demon inside of me." Relerin looks away from Amayla and slowly walks into the temple. "When I was but a year old I was to be sacrificed to the Death Demon Lord, Ba'al. The ritual was interrupted by the Hylian Guard and Ba'al was caught between this world and Hell. To save himself he took a vessel. Me. He gives me my powers and he is forever bound to my soul. So I am cursed to never be alone, even in my own body. As I am sure you have noticed Ba'al is not a very pleasant person to talk to. But he does look out for me if only because I am the only thing keeping him alive. That is Ba'al. My second half as it would be. I hope I sufficiently answered your question. And I thank you for helping me retrieve m bag, even if Ba'al had to threaten your companion to make you agree."

The inside the first room is rather plain. Tree roots from the ceiling to the floor. Wild grasses and flowers growing everywhere and a wall where a ladder used to be that was overgrown with vines and covered in Skullwalltullas.
  18. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Amayla whistled for Autumn and they walked into the temple after him. She eyed their surroundings. Vegetation, vegetation everywhere. The girl didn't have anything against plants, but damn. "Wow, there's so much flora in this place." She said as she began walking toward the wall that Relerin had been eyeing. Through the thick foliage she could make out an old ladder. "I'm assuming we go up this first."

Just as Amayla took another step towards the object, a Deku Baba lurched from the soil underneath her and knocked her to her feet. Amayla immediately found her footing and she skillfully kicked the monster in the face, before back-flipping out of its reach. "That was a close one." She mumbled, brushing herself off. She finished off the Deku Baba by punching it hard in the face and flipping away again.

"I can already tell these things will be a pain..." She said as she watched the Deku Baba's head wither and die.
  19. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

"Yes. Deku Babas are an annoyance. Not good for resurrection either. Neither are Skullwalltullas." Relerin charges up and fires an Arcane Bolt at the little spider. The bolt hits it squarely in it's thorax sending sparks all through it. It falls to the ground legs curled up dead. "Easily dispatched though. I wish there was a full sized Skulltulla to use my magic on." Almost as if on cue a large spider descends from the ceiling. "I should really watch what I wish for."

Reaching the ground the Skulltulla targest Relerin for killing the Skullwalltulla. The spider extends it's fangs and rears it's front four legs up before leaping towards Relerin. "Not good." Relerin barely escapes being pounced by ducking under the massive spider. Relerin holds his staff out in front of him as the spider rears it's front legs up again.
  20. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Apparently the Skulltula brought a friend along. Amayla was watching Relerin fight a Skulltula when she felt something gooey yet stringy wrap around her arm. "What the...?!" Amayla looked to her right to see another Skulltula encasing her in silky web. Amayla burst free from the web and swung her fist just as the spider leapt for her. The Skulltula hissed loudly upon receiving the punch, but it was not dead yet. Before the Skulltula could recover Amayla crouched down beside it and slammed her fist in its face, being sure to damage all eight of its eyes.

That did it. The Skulltula flailed its legs in the air for a few seconds before it relaxed and died. "Yes, please do." She got a running start before dashing a few feet up the wall, taking some Skullwalltulas with her. She took turns crushing each of them with her boot when she landed on the ground.