Forest temple (TP) [Razgriz, BP and Tsubori]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Tsubori, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

Laurel frowned at Kalik's action. There was a much easier way to light the torches, one that didn't involve first walking away from them and then risking to light the entire room. "People can be such idiots," she muttered as she unsheathed her rapier, raising her hand a bit to cast magic.

"If any of you has magic restoratives, now would be a good time to share them," she said to her companions, before tapping her hand on the blunt part of her sword and sticking the tip into one of the braziers next to her. Immediately, the oil caught flame and she pulled the weapon back, repeating the process with the third brazier but running out of mana after that.

The monkey started screeching and pulling on her hair, pointing off the platform when she had Laurel's attention. "What is wrong with you?" the Hylian called out in frustration, "I can't do more, this low on magic! Don't make me stab you!" The monkey screeched a little harder, giving a nasty tug on the bluenette's hair. "Oww! Stupid ape!"
  2. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Keiliegh picked up Kalik's spear, using it light the last of the torches before smashing a chill seed on it, making the fire go out. Upon her doing this, a wooden bridge raised up, allowing them to go into the next room. As she walked up towards the door, she missed the treasure chest next to her. Inside it was the dungeon map, but she was too excited to see it. She pushed open the door and proceed through into a large canyon. A bridge spanned across the gap, so Keiliegh hurried onto it excitedly, failing to notice that the others hadn't caught up yet.

When she turned around, out of nowhere, a boomerang ripped through the bridge, taking out the ropes. The kokiri started sprinting back towards the cliff, but it was too late. The bridge snapped, dropping to the darkness below. Keiligh's hover boots let her run a few meters extra, but it wasn't enough to get her all the way back. She fell down, clutching onto the ropes. She knew she couldn't hold on for long, but she clutched for her life. "Help! Kalik! Laurel!"
  3. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Kalik calmly flew back to the centre platform and gave Laurel an odd look, why didn't she light the last brazier? He didn't understand the magic she was using to begin with, but was it that powerful? or did she just lack the magical power to use a basic spell for a longer period? Whichever it was, she had run out of power here and was spell-less for the moment. Still, he hoped it was the former of the two.

That train of thought broke as he knelled down and picked up the javelin. The fire had warped the tip and weakened the wood, while the ice had caused it to split. The weapon was useless and was abandoned as such.

Even though hadn't spent long with the weapon, Keiliegh had already moved on, leaving Kalik and Laurel behind. As he jogged forward a scream reached out from the canyon, one that could only have been a little girl's. Racing forward he leapt feet-first off the edge, catching a plank below the one Keiliegh had caught. "Grab on!" barely escaped his lips as the ropes began to split above them. Barely having time for the girl to climb the bridge fell with a seemingly booming snap.

His had come in handy once more as the Rito and his cargo safely ascended back to the start of the bridge.
  4. Blonde Panther

While Keiliegh rushed outside and Kalik inspected his javelin, Laurel finally gave in to the monkey's ceaseless crying and pulling her hair and jumped down from the platform. Her own scream coincided with that of the Kokiri as she was immediately snapped at by a Deku Baba.

Her rapier wasn't really the most suited to slashing, but she lashed out with it, cutting through the stalk and causing the head of the Deku Baba to fly through the air and wilt before it even hit the ground. The stem itself wilted as well, shrinking into nothingness and relinquishing, strangely enough, a small jar with a greenish liquid in it. The monkey hopped down from Laurel's shoulders, but instead of grabbing the jar, she went under the platform, from whence it started screeching... along with another ape.

Laurel groaned, picking up the jar with the strange substance and removing the lid, sniffing it. "Magic restorative!" she cried out, downing the foul, beyond bitter liquid in one gulp. She felt some power returning to her- far from all of her power, but at least she'd be able to Arcane Bolt stuff into oblivion again.

Suddenly, she was thrown forward when the female monkey leapt onto her shoulder again. However, by the time she regained her composure, a SECOND monkey leapt on to the other shoulder, slamming her into the ground as she wasn't expecting it. Apparently her primate companion had freed her buddy and told him Laurel's back was comfortable. As Kalik and Keiliegh came back into the room, Laurel scrambled to her feet, climbed back onto the platform and crossed her arms.

"This is so not my day."
  5. Tsubori

Keiliegh held on until Kalik extended his hand to help her, which was when the girl clutched on, pulling herself up and onto solid ground. She panted heavily for a few moments, remaining sitting down for now. She then nodded to Kalik, beaming. “Thank you so much Kalik!” The young girl then brought herself from the ground, brushing off dirt from her clothes. “That was scary! I don’t even know where that boomerang came from… Oh well, it looks like we’ll have to find another way around… The wind seems to be picking up and Laurel and I can’t get over there… Where IS Laurel?” She said, looking around. Upon looking back through the door, she saw the Hylian coming with not one, but two monkeys on her back.

“B’AWWWWWW!” Keiliegh let out upon seeing the monkeys. “Look, they like you!” It then seemed as if one of the monkeys was pointing to the right, making Keiliegh look towards the door it was pointing to. “Do we have to go over there? Omigosh! There are probably plenty of monkeys around here!” The girl then dashed ahead, using her hover shoes to clear the gap and go through the door. She was about to continue further when she came face to face with a massive spiderweb, making contact with a bit of her hair. “Ewewewewew!!!!” She exclaimed, swatting at her hair to get the web part off of it, and then stopping. No way was she dirtying up her clothes or katars by going through that nasty stuff!
  6. Razgriz

Kalik followed the Kokiri using his wings, landing calmly on the platform opposite his take-off. He shot a quick glance back at the Hylian, he might have been able to fly with her on his back, but the monkeys sure would weigh him down. "The monkeys have to cross too." he yelled back "Just do follow them and do what they do." Without waiting he then turned away from her and toward the door. He didn't wait for a response not because he was trying to be rude, but because he knew she might not able to climb or swing as well as the monkeys, and didn't want to see what happens after.

As he moved through the door, he too saw the web and tried to cut it, but his Kukri got stuck in it and he almost couldn't pull it out. They'd have to burn it out, and for that they needed the Hylian after all.
  7. Blonde Panther

Well, wasn't this just lovely. Keiliegh had the latest in practical shoe fashion, and Kalik could fly. Laurel did see a rope being spun between the platform she was standing on and the ridge the other two were on, but did she look like a mountaineer? "Urgh... now what?"

"EEEEK!" One of the monkeys had screeched and now hopped off her shoulder, her feet grabbing on to the rope, leaving her hanging upside down and clapping. The other monkey leapt towards her, grabbing her hands and letting her swing and throw him onto the other platform. He landed on Keiliegh's head, following his mate's example and clapping his hands eagerly.

"...no. Hell no." Laurel crossed her arms. "Do I look like some sort of jester?" The monkeys screeched in unison. Laurel pinched the bridge of her nose. "...fine. If I have no other choice." She then gave herself a bit of a running start, jumping to the monkey and letting herself be thrown onto the ridge.

"Now what?" she said, not giving either of them a chance to comment on it, "Not more spiders I hope." Enchanting her rapier once more, she touched it to the spider web. It immediately caught fire, burning up before the group's very eyes. "You're telling me you seriously couldn't have done that yourselves? Pfft."
  8. Tsubori

Keiliegh was first startled by the monkey landing on her head, but then let out a big “Awwwww…” While starting to cuddle her face against it’s hair. At… least until she could have sworn she saw something move underneath it. And she felt the scuttling of a bug brush against her. Ew. She let the monkey sit there, but no more snuggles. When Laurel burned the web, Keiliegh rushed through, apparently having learned nothing. “Well I didn’t wanna get my stuff all nasty with webby stuff!”

Upon getting into the next room, the monkey on Keiliegh’s head jumped off, bouncing up and down near the door to the next room. Keiligh attempted to follow, happy to have Mr. Bugbottom off her head, but as she stepped forward, a deku baba shot up, almost taking the girl out. She had dodged at the last second though, and with no more than a side swing, she cut the vice the Baba used, more or less letting it go free. She crushed it’s dreams of freedom though with another two cuts that killed the thing though. “You know, there’s a lot of plants in here.”
  9. Razgriz

Kalik raced into the next room after Keiliegh, but couldn't do anything in the fight as she had killed the thing too quickly, so he merely continued forward, jumping across the platforms until he landed on the other side, and opened it's door. "Come on, hurry up, let's kill this thing soon!" he screamed back at his companions, although they could likely only just make it out over the howling winds.

He was outside now, the winds around him made flying impossible, though thankfully there was a platform connecting him to the next door. As he walked forward, a strange ornament spun, 'what odd taste' he silently commented to himself. Suddenly, the platform spun 90 degrees and the winds died down, 'who makes this?' he wondered 'what is this supposed to do?'. Then turning his arms into wings, he flew to the other side, landing just as the wind picked up again and the platform turned back.
  10. Blonde Panther

The Deku Baba killed by Keiliegh relinquished the same contianer of magic restorative the other one had, so Laurel thankfully picked it up and consumed it. She really had to watch her mana in here. Then following the other two outside, she was immediately thrown off-balance by the wind, much to the displeasure of the monkey on her back.

Adding bad hair day to the reasons she hated today, she got back to her feet just as Kalik flew over to the next door at the other end of a chasm. Fortunately there was a bridge connecting the two doors. Before she hopped on, though, Laurel spotted the windmill on top of it. Not feeling like waiting half a day if the wind picked back up again, she threw an Arcane Bolt at it, smouldering the windmill and leaving it unable to turn.

When the wind picked back up, the bridge remained in its position connecting the two platforms. "Much better," she said. "Come on, Keiliegh. Before he gets a big head."
  11. Tsubori

Keiliegh beamed at Laurel's idea of how to stop the platforms from spinning. “Yeah! Good plan! And you made an a-splosion!” She raised her hands over her head and ran across the bridge, going with Kalik through the door. Once she got inside, she saw a chest and sprinted over. “Oh! Lootins!” She said, opening the chest, finding 25 rupees and a small key. She tucked them both away in her pack and looked at this room.

There was another rotating bridge in the middle, but it was turned so that the adventurers couldn't reach it. This place was windless too, so there was no change of the bridge turning. That was only with groundbound adventurers though. “Kalik! Kalik! You can get over there and turn it!” Her yelling got the attention of two bokoblins on the bridge, and they were soon glaring at the team, mentally inviting them over.
  12. Razgriz

Kalik sighed at Keiligh's suggestion, who was this girl and why was she so excited to send him into a life-or-death situation? Still she had a point, they had to be taken care of, and the bridge moved. Turning his arms into wings, he ran and flew off the edge of the platform before flying around the room a few times to pick up speed.

Finally, he dived down at the first Bokoblin and changed his wings back, hoping to catch it off guard and kill it in a single blow, but the beast raised his weapon in time, forcing Kalik to shift his weight and go into a barrel roll (just like an odd voice in his head told him) and struck to the right of his target, forcing himself and the Bokoblin into a roll. This of course, was just another advantage; untucking the roll just as he was beneath the second enemy, he drew his Kukri and slashed at the legs, hitting the ankle. The man-thing went down in a howl, ichor oozing from it's leg, before a javelin ripped through it's neck and stole the screech from the air.

The first one had already gotten close to Kalik, too close for a javelin. Instead the man charged, lunging in between his opponent and it's sword before jumping and kneeing him in the chin, with a follow-up strike that forced it from the bridge.

Kalik then went about the trivial task of retrieving his javelin and using it to turn the windmill-esque device on top, in turn rotating the bridge.
  13. Blonde Panther

Keiliegh was sure bursting with energy again. Laurel, on the other hand, felt herself getting more tired every minute. "Keiliegh." She put her hand on the Kokiri's shoulder. "Do you think you could stop... bouncing for a little while? You're making my head hurt."

She wasn't sure though if it was the Kokiri making her head hurt. It might be something in the wind. Bad winds often made her head hurt. Her mother said it was because she was a mage, and she happened to be a little more sensitive to bad winds than others were.

When Kalik turned the bridge, Laurel wasted no time in crossing it, dragging Keiliegh with her. "Can we go back inside somehow?" When she looked up, she saw a rather huge baboon-like creature with what seemed to be a boomerang hopping into a hole near the top of the structure.
  14. Tsubori

Keiliegh shook her head while giggling at Laurel's request. "Nope! Imma stay bouncy! I haven been this excited since I was like this chosen of the Deku tree and I went in him and my hair got frizzy and I got a cool gem thingy then I got bit then I went out and fought a BIIIIIIG bug. And kicked it's ass." She then smiled sweetly and ran onto the bridge with the Hylian, going into the room beyond it. There was a massive chasm, and on the other side, a large door. 

"Over there." Leronah said, looking at the exit. "The energy is coming from that door."

Keiliegh looked over at Kalik. "Kaaaaaaaaalik~ You should carry us over there."
  15. Razgriz

Kalik sighed as the Keiliegh suggested he carry all three of them across the chasm, "I hope the source of evil isn't also across a cliff, or a forest or this entire continent." he muttered under his breath. He wasn't exactly the fittest Rito, and ferrying these three was quickly turning into a chore.

"Alright, but you ride with the monkey" he said pointing to Keiliegh "And it had better not pull my feathers or it's going to need to quickly find it's own way to get from half-way to the other side."

"Laurel, seeing as you're the least likely to accidentally kill me, you're first". Kalik then crouched and allowed the girl to climb on, before running and jumping off the edge, transforming his arms into wings and flying across, dropping her off and returning to carry the others.
  16. Blonde Panther

"Whoaaaa. Slow down there, Top Gear..." What Keiliegh rattled down made no sense to Laurel whatsoever. She decided not to question the Kokiri 'going into the Great Deku Tree' and decided she was being a squirrel on a sugar rush. And her head just kept hurting. Definitely the winds of magic being wispy and playing with her mind.

When Kalik came back over to where the women were, she was woken up from her musings. "Oh- right." There was a chasm to cross. Climbing aboard the Rito's back, Laurel tried to make herself comfortable.

By the time she reached the other side, though, she knew whose back she preferred, the Rito's or Marich's. The horse was much more comfortable and a lot more used to carrying people. Laurel rested her hand on the door, although she pulled it back immediately, her head feeling as if it was splitting in two.

When Kalik and Keiliegh came around, she turned to face them. "Something's behind this door," she said. "Something strong. Something evil."
  17. Tsubori

Keiliegh jumped eagerly onto Kalik's back, the monkey also following. She then patted Kalik's back and shouted. "Onwards, sky pony!" 

Upon landing on the other side near Laurel, Leronah came out from Keiliegh's bag. "Yeah. It's evil, but... It feels more... Strange. Like its more of a corruption than it being evil spawn. So if you're in a kind and loving mood like I never am, try to focus on breaking the corruption moreso than killing it. Or butcher it. I really am indifferent."

Keiliegh nodded. "Okay. Let's go then!" She ran inside the door, seeing several large pedestals. As she walked into the room, she was suddenly taken into the room and swept up by a gust of wind, rounding her about as the kokiri screamed. 

She ended up spinning into one of the pedestals, knocking her over onto her back. The girl then saw the source of the attack. A wind enchanted boomerang being wielded by a baboon-like creature. "'at'll teach ya' t'be invading on my turf, thinkin' y'so tough!" It turned around and slapped it's rear towards Keiliegh. "Kiss my ass, girlie!" Of course, to everyone else, the baboon was just grunting and cheeping.

Keiliegh sat up, blocking her eyes of monkey butt. "Ew! How RUDE!"
  18. Razgriz

Why did it always turn out like this? Now they were facing a possessed butt-monkey with magical artifacts, so why was this so difficult? Whatever the case, Ganon has one hell of a sense of humour, and now they had to deal with it.

The Rito was unsure how to fight this thing, it was agile enough to dodge his needles and javelins and tough enough to survive if the odd one got through. They would have to attack all at once, or deceive the thing somehow. This wouldn't be easy, and there was a much stronger presence lurking below them.

As the Boomerang curved around for a second time, Kalik thought that maybe he could knock it off balance, or take away it's boomerang, but even as he jumped to the side the boomerang returned perfectly. There had to be a weakness to this thing.
  19. Blonde Panther

A large, rude, unclean baboon with a big, enchanted boomerang. Wasn't this just dandy. Kalik had no success in trying to take its boomerang away from it, and Keiliegh seemed too upset to really do anything at the moment.

Laurel stepped back, assessing he situation. Her head felt about to split in two. The baboon was certainly the source of her headache, or at least the thing that had made it such was.

When the beast threw its boomerang again, this time at Keiliegh, Laurel threw an Arcane Bolt at it. Her spell connected with enough impact to make the ape stagger, and when its boomerang returned to it, it knocked the baboon off the pillar it was standing on. "Now! Seize it!" Laurel herself drew her rapier and started to close the distance between herself and the baboon, but she was fairly sure it would get up before she could reach it.
  20. Tsubori

Keiliegh recovered from her landing and leapt up with fiery passion. "That damn monkey..."

Leronah drifted over, quickly analyzing the thing. "Okay, it's covered in a shockingly tough hide, the only place it's weak is where there's no hide."

"You mean...? Eww..." She pulled out her Katars and dashed at the stunned beast, clawing at it's rear with her blades. After a few pretty solid lacerations, the thing got back up, kicking Keiliegh in the face to knock her away and returning to it's pedestals. 

Keiliegh felt her forehead, sitting back up and pulling out her slingshot. "This thing's DEAD. With a capital D on both ends."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.