Forest temple (TP) [Razgriz, BP and Tsubori]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Tsubori, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

It was a rainy night, and while most would be panicking and scrambling for shelter, a single kokiri walked along normally. In fact, she was the one who'd summoned the rain with her song of storms. The girl stopped, leaning on a tree. "Leronah? How much further is it? My feet hurt..." Keiliegh's fairy then flit around, mocking her.

"Well, I don't care much. If your feet hurt now, they'll hurt much more later once you get in there. The cave should be just around here anyway..." Through the forested area she tread, and when she finally saw the cave, she looked at Leronah questioningly. "Why do I have to go in there again?" She asked nervously, not liking the look of the cave.

"There's something weird in there. The forces of light that usually radiate in the area have stopped. I felt it a few days ago. Now quit being a little bitch and get in there to kill some evil." Leronah said, going under Keiliegh's hood right next to her neck.

"Yeah, aren't you nice..." But she couldn't argue with the fairy, and she walked into the cave. Oddly enough, it was lit, with lanterns and torches lining the walls. It was still forested despite being in a cave, with trees all over the place, along the walls. She got chills for a moment but started walking forward. "You'd better thank me for this..."
  2. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Re: Forest temple (TP) [Razgriz and Tsubori]

Kalik approached the mysterious cave, something radiated from it, something he hadn't sensed before. He could scry nothing about this aura, good or evil, hostile or friendly, treasure or monster, it all remained entirely unknown to the lone hunter. The rain hindered his flight and caused him to fly much slower than he normally could, but at least the wind was at his back, helping him slightly. The incessant cold was a constant hindrance here, why was this land-country so cold?

The thought escaped his mind as the cave came into sight, an eerie light leaving it made it look almost as if the maw lead to hell itself. Even as he landed, the supernatural aura didn't lessen in the slightest. The lanterns meant someone or something was in there. He had hoped to avoid fighting whatever is in there, but that might be against Valoo's direction. In an instant he was behind a rock, footsteps had alerted him to someone's presence, and there he sat, listening and waiting.
  3. Tsubori

Keiliegh began drifting into the cave, her hover boots giving her a strange drift that almost made her seem ghostly, especially with we cloak and hood. When she looked ahead, she saw a monkey in a cage being tormented by two Bokoblins. Suddenly from right next to her, a deku baba sprung up, taking a chomp at the Kokiri girl. She managed to dodge it narrowly, drawing her slingshot and a chill seed, firing it at the stalk of the baba. The entire plant straightened out when she hit it, and Keiliegh merely drifted over, slashing at the frozen part with her katar, severing the head from it's roots. 

Unfortunately, this made too much noise and as she turned her head, she was immediately met with the back of a makeshift Bokoblins sword. The blow hit her in the stomach, and when she winced, the second one pushed her down on her rear. "Ow! Jeez... You should learn to be more courteous to women!" She said, a hand on her stomach. The bokoblins didn't really listen much as one merely did a practice swing with his sword, getting ready to kill the intruder.
  4. Razgriz

Remaining covered behind the rock and with two flicks of his wrist, Kalik produced two slender needles in his hand, careful to remain unseen and unheard. Leaning out slightly, he careful aimed both at the monster's throats, hoping to kill them quickly and interrogate the hovering girl. He threw them with the intended precision. The first hit it's mark, however, fortune was not on his side as the practice swing happened to cut the second needle out of the air.

As one of the cruel monster crumpled to the ground, clutching his neck in a vain attempt to save his life, Keileigh and the other became aware of the Rito intruder, unclear if she could trust him.
  5. Tsubori

Keiliegh saw the first bokoblin fall down dead, then the other looked around confusedly and the girl used this chance to slice the achilles tendon, making her attacker go to his knees, squealing in pain. She quickly silenced it with a slash to the neck though. Whoever the person was that threw those needles, they helped her. 

"Hello~?" She said joyfully. "You can come out now, there's no more bokoblins."

Leronah rammed into Keiliegh's forehead. "Hey, this isn't a job for a team of people, there's only really supposed to be one person. Plus we don't know whoever threw those, I doubt they're trustworthy at all!"

Keiliegh swatted her fairy away, taking note of the blood on her cloak. "Oh, eeewwww...." She bemoaned. "That's so hard to get out of this material... Nasty..."
  6. Razgriz

Gazing into the battle as it continued, Kalik wondered what those two were, or what they were doing there. The child managed to identify an opening, strike quickly and decisively before the monster could even react, all a calm and cool fashion. The last comment esspecially troubled him, worrying about fashion in such a situation left him confused, were they psychotic, or just dumb.

Still, it seemed their objectives overlapped and he could use an ally. Reveiling himself, he said nothing, merely moved forward, further into he maw of this wretched place.
  7. Tsubori

When the kokiri girl saw the Rito come out from hiding, she put away one of her katars, extending a hand. "Hi there, mr Rito. I'm Keiliegh L'Archa, from kokiri village. How are y-" 

She was cut off by Leronah flying up rather close to the new man's face. Analyzing him. "Who are you and what's your business here? This is the temple of the forest, hardly a place for someone like you. I'll have you know that I was specifically told to bring her, so I somewhat doubt you can be trusted with this." 

Keiliegh shrugged behind her fairy. "Sorry about her... She's kinda mean."
  8. Razgriz

Kalik, initially confused at the girl's ability to fight, now had his answer. He had heard of Kokiri back on Dragon Roost all those years ago, while he knew they appeared as small children and were impervious to age, he knew little else.

Reaching out his own hand before being bombarded with questions, he responded calmly, but with a hint of aggravation, "I am Kalik, and as you know a Rito. I am here because there is a strong aura emanating from this place, one that is neither of yours." Looking at Keiliegh he adds "At least it'll be good to have an ally here..." shifting his gave almost violently to Leronah, "...Even only one."
  9. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

"Coryyy~! ...tch. Where IS that Goron when you really need him?" Laurel crossed her arms and pouted. When travelling through the woods, she and her manservant had been assaulted by small creatures she knew to be known as Bokoblins. They had scared Marich, causing him to rear and throw her off before fleeing, and after punching their guts out, Cory had just gone ahead and curled up into a ball to chase after the animal.

Leaving his mistress in front of this... architectural failure.

Laurel had lasted for ten minutes, but now that more Bokoblins showed up and had to be trashed by her Arcane Bolt, she decided to go inside. The winds were starting to pick up anyway. With little patience, she turned around and entered the cave. "Psh." More architectural failure. "Torches and lanterns in a-forested- area? Yeah, that'll work."

She saw moving figures further ahead and summoned the power inside her in case they were hostile. She then increased her pace -thank god she wore her riding boots instead of her heels- and caught up with them. "I don't take it the two of you have seen a white horse and a Goron coming through here? Not necessarily together, mind you... there's no way that oaf could outrun a fullblood..."
  10. Tsubori

Leronah scoffed at Kalik. "Yeah, be a dick. We're not the ones slinking around in shadows, we don't know we can trust you."

Keiliegh then piped up, a smile on her face. "I trust him! He saved me back there."

The glowing orb turned towards the kokiri. "Nobody asked you. Now, you can come, but the second I see something I don't like, you're out of here." She then began circling Kalik. "And I assure you, I see everythiiiiing."

Keiliegh then heard the hylian woman come in, asking about a goron or a horse. "Err... no, I haven't seen either. But If you want, I could keep my eyes open while I go fight the evil auramajig." The new woman seemed strange, but Keiliegh didn't mind her. "By the way, I'm Keiliegh! What's your name?"
  11. Razgriz

Another person?! Kalik was surprised to find one person here, much less the three and likely soon to be four that were. Still, he fretted, he was never very good at introductions and didn't want to lose allies as he may have just done with Leronah. That had gone so bad that she actively distrusted him and was supposedly constantly watching; that could easily distract both of them in a fight, obviously not good.

Still, he supposed he would let Keiliegh and the new one introduce themselves and try to emulate it when it was his turn. That would've happened anyway, had a slight noise not spooked him and forced his hand up, just above his shoulder; the classic call for silence.

Gently and quietly drawing his Kukri, he crouched and moved slowly inward, trying to head off the danger.
  12. Blonde Panther

No luck here. "I am-" Laurel was interrupted when the Rito stuck up his hand. Bratty though she may have been, Laurel wasn't stupid. She unsheathed her rapier, magic still dancing at her fingertips more powerfully and obviously now. The spell itself had not yet been determined, so she could go either way...

She walked on quietly, passing by the Rito and scooting closer to the enemies he had sensed. They looked to just be Bokoblins... nothing to be afraid of really. She stepped forward, launching her Arcane Bolt ad frying one of them, before running her rapier through another one. She then got attacked in the back, a Bokoblin ramming its club into her side, so Laurel gave it a kick.

It was unimpressed, but it had been more of a distraction than anything else and another Arcane Bolt took care of it. "Was that all?" she said, before walking back to the others, "How bothersome. As I was saying, I am Laurel."
  13. Tsubori

Keiliegh looked at Laurel after her display of ability. “That was awesome! Leronah Leronah Leronah! Can she come too?!” Leronah flitted around again, getting more frustrated at the Kokiri. “Keiliegh! It’s supposed to be JUST you! I’d certainly rather take her than…” She turned towards Kalik distrustfully. “…Him… But…. You know what, screw it. Fine. Get a mob. Torches and pitchforks. A militia. The damn Hylian Army. I don’t care anymore. Do it your way.”

Keiliegh ignored the frustration from her fairy. “Yay! Laurel, will you join me and…. Err….. Mr Rito into the place here to beat evil stuff? My rude, rude, rude fairy told me there was evil stuff. Omigosh! This is gonna be like an adventure! I’m so excited!” She then turned towards Kalik. “Oh, by the way, Mr Rito, do you have a name you’d rather I call you?”
  14. Razgriz

"Kalik", the Rito responded calmly, without hesitation or pause but unsure of what to say next. After a few moments of awkward silence on his part, he finally blurted out: "Now that that's done, it's best if we move forward and kill this thing before it knows we're here." and once again without delay, flew up onto the platform in front. Immediately confronted by a large stone door, it was obvious he needed help, and merely waited and thought.

'Why send two more people to help me, Valoo?' he prayed, half to himself. 'A child and a snob, could they really help me, or am I also to keep them alive?' He knew he was exaggerating this, he had seen them both fight, and they were good. Probably even better than he was when it came to swords, but that didn't stop the feeling that the evil that dwelt within wasn't the only reason he was sent here.
  15. Blonde Panther

Kalik and Keiliegh... and some sort of 'thing.' Today was turning out to not be her day. She had intended to find Cory and Marich and get away from here, but now that her attention had been drawn to it, she supposed she did sense a disturbance in the flow of power that fueled her own. And it was not pleasant.

She put her hand on Keiligh's hand when the Kokiri started flipping. "Listen, Keiliegh. Today has just not been going my way whatsoever, and I'd appreciate it if you got off your sugar rush." When Kalik flew off, Laurel crossed her arms. "Well isn't that just dandy. One hyperactive kid, a fairy with a serious attitude problem and an antisocial Rito." She sheathed her rapier. "Seriously, Cory? Where are you when I need you?"

She scanned the wall next to where Kalik had flown up, and spotted some vines. "I think we can climb up there." She knew well that her skirt would pose a problem in that. "You go first, kid."

ooc (open)
    For pacing purposes, feel free to bunny Laurel clambering up the vines.
  16. Tsubori

Keiliegh first noticed how sad the cute, little, pretty monkey was in the cage, so she took her katars, chopping away at the cage bars until a suitable hole was there. The monkey then jumped out, chattering towards the two women before jumping on Laurel's back and pointing towards the door. Keiliegh giggled and started climbing the vines. "Look! She wants us to do something!" When she reached the top, Keiliegh opened the door, but it was surely more funny than she'd expected.

When she tried to push the door with all her strength, it moved very easily, more than she'd expected. This meant that the girl fell flat on her face. And... out from the door, she felt a strange fuzzy thing touch her hand. She looked up startled and... immediately let out a scream as she was looking straight at the mouth of a giant skulltula.
  17. Razgriz

Kalik was suddenly startled as he snapped back to reality, realizing that he flew up the platform, but his new found companions could not. This fright was only compounded by the crashing coming from below, as if Valoo had sent him companions, he surely would want them to survive.

Kalik ran to the edge of the wooden boards, and was greatly relieved to see the noise only caused by the child freeing the caged monkey. Further calming him were the strong vines on leading up, giving his companions access to his level, even the monkey was following them; or more like being carried.

Helping Keileigh up and beginning to aid Laurel, he noticed the Kokiri trying to open the stone door. "You won't b-" is all he could say before the door fell open and Keiliegh fell too. Seeing the Skulltula leaning over her, Kalik immediately let go of Laurel and threw a javelin at it's open mouth. As the javelin hit struck true, he charged with his Kukri, aiming for mandibles.
  18. Blonde Panther

"Hey!" Laurel's climbing was interrupted by a monkey deciding her shoulder made a fine chair. "Don't bother people when they're climbing! We're not all used to monkey business- if you poop on that dress there will be hell to pay!" Or at least her tailor.

She finally made her way up to the door, only to find Keiliegh under attack of a large spider she recognized as a Skulltula. They came in a ton of varieties, she knew, and different sorts of them had to be tackled in different ways. This particular one had an incredible ability to shield its front with its claws, if she remembered right, so her best bet was to...

She rushed past Kalik and Keiliegh, the monkey screeching on her shoulder, while she weaved magic between her fingers and spoke words of power that would warm up her sword. She couldn't remember if these retained the seemingly universal trait of having a tough shell everywhere but their face and their belly but if it were the case...

She pierced her flaming hot Rapier through the shell, using both the thin-ness of the blade which made it suitable for piercing armor and the heat suitable to melt pretty much anything toe pierce through the armor. Sadly the Skulltula caught on and turned around, now turning its claws and fangs on her.

And Laurel, frankly, absolutely hated arachnids.
  19. Tsubori

Keiliegh heaved a sigh of relief when the others helped her, though Kalik's javelin had been blocked by the arms, and Laurel wasn't having the best luck either. Throwing herself back to her feet, her hover shoes made her slide back, all the while the girl pulled out her slingshot and fired a bunch of chill seeds at the arachnid's mouth, preventing the skulltula from eating anyone. 

Once it reared back, likely with a brain freeze, Keiliegh dashed forward, gliding under the Skulltula's legs and reaching up, placing two long cuts with her Katars along it's belly, making it collapse after she was safely on the other side of it. She gave two small jumps, complete with raising her clapping quickly. "Yay! We did it!" She then walked over to Laurel, petting the monkey. "Are you three okay?" She asked, her voice still cheerful and excited.
  20. Razgriz

Kalik grabbed his deflected javelin from the ground in front of the creature. He had seen spiders before and never liked any, but this was something else. It's hide, mandibles, size, aggression... and something else, it just didn't make a spider, even scaled up. He wondered if there were more like this; and what other horrors they'd fight.

Shifting his gaze up, he saw the room beyond the door, open and with a raised platform in the middle; smaller ones off the walls. Casting a smile at the girl, he moved forward into the new area, and slowly ascended the platform. Four raised bowls were at the top, each in a corner, each filled with oil. They were braziers, meant to be lit; but as a signal, a warning, a prayer? No... a switch. Flying to other side, he lit a javelin on the burning braziers there, and threw it to the other side, skimming and lighting one of the four.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.