Fire and Brimstone (Mag/Eev)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Magnere, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Temple of Fire

Marina Davell (5/2/2 ) - Outfitter Levels 3 &4 -(70 Roop) +13r + 10r from Rika.
    Rika and Wollo - (1/5/3) - Dodongo Hide (-20r), Skulltula Silk (-10r) +10 roop

Marina had been planning for weeks for this job, planning attack routes and repairing her cheap leather armor for the fight. A Wizzrobe by the name of Blaaz set up a base of operations on the mountain nearby the village, and the villagers were admittedly terrified. Maniacal laughter, huge heat waves, as well as Fire ChuChu suddenly existing where none had been before. Some of them even theorized he was trying to use his infernal magic to transform the previously peaceful mountain into a volcano. Obviously, for their peaceful farming village, this was unacceptable. Not just their lives, but their entire livelihoods would vanish overnight if a volcano erupted nearby.

She believed she was up to the task, gripping the base of her trident with a grim look on her face as she ascended the mountain range. It was never easy killing witches, warlocks, and errant magical creatures for a living, but it was worthwhile. No one else she had met specialized, or at least offered services of this kind. Sure, mercenaries existed who attacked rampaging Moblins or smoked out Keese nests, but most would be a fool to think they could simply waltz into a Wizzrobe's lair all on their own and come out victorious, let alone alive. Marina didn't think of herself as a fool, but she was still determined regardless.

A few nearly harmless Fire Chuchu stabbed and slaughtered later, she was much further up the mountain. The door to the lair was massive, a huge gaping hole into the side of the cave that was seemed to be formed from Obsidian and other kinds of molten rock. Perhaps it was left huge and unguarded entirely to invite unknowing explorers to their deaths? To be fair, however, if the Fire Chuchus and the burnt vegetation on this entire side of the mountain, surely the black hole of death would make people run away.

However, before she could even get within one hundred feet of the hole she noticed something strange. A small figure in purple robes stood near the gate, staring inside. Was that the Wizzrobe? It was much... smaller than she expected. Just before she could confront it, however, she noticed the second figure beside it. An Octorok, entirely ordinary asides from the fact that it had some kind of greenery above its mouth. Now just more confused than before, Marina ascended the mountainside as fast as possible.

Finally, up on the same level as the gateway and the strange figures, Marina stretched out her trident as she quickly reached around to grab her handcuffs. Even if she couldn't get them around a magical individual's hands, simply touching them with it was good enough for a short while anyway. "You there!" She called out, trident pointed directly towards them. "I'm not in the habit of making friends. State your business or move aside. I have a Wizzrobe to slay." It was at the point where she was certain he wasn't the Wizzrobe, in any case. The strange rabbit-eared hat tended to make her assume he wasn't exactly evil, at least.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  2. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

These purple clothes were positively vile. They were notably effective at halting electricity from coursing through his body, but their practical aspects were far less important than... the color. Wearing anything less than red was simply vile- and worse yet, it was not by choice. That cursed purple ink, that had to be the impish doings of a Wizzrobe of some kind. While he could simply change clothes, it would prove far more useful if he could revert the color while still keeping the same beneficial properties, which left Rika one option: seek out how to change his clothes. If a Wizzrobe potentially changed his clothes, then a Wizzrobe specializing in the red-aligned fire magic may possess a similar secret, but towards fire affinity. Thus, Rika sought out the home base of the Wizzrobe, Blaaz.

. . . Of course, Rika would never do something so convoluted to accomplish something as simple as dyeing his clothing. In reality, Rika took any chance he could to take down a Wizzrobe; for one, they often held numerous magical artifacts and scrolls he could either take or sell. Most importantly, however, their weak wills and corruption of magic were an insult to him as a mage, scholar, and living being- to Rika, that was more than enough motive for him to hunt them down. The fact he had been terrorizing nearby villages and towns, causing endless death and destruction to countless innocent people's lives, only furthered this corruption.

Thus, Rika found himself standing aside the gaping, ornate hole that was the entrance to Blaaz's home. Rika was unsure if this seemingly open invitation was arrogance that no one could defeat him, or ignorance that no one would even consider attempting such an act. Knowing Wizzrobes, it could very well be both. Just as he pondered going in, Rika heard a voice cry out from behind him.

Rude. Rika was used to adventurers popping up just as he was to enter some tomb, crypt, or dungeon- in fact, it was almost expected at this point, - but he had arrived first. To treat him like the intrusion was simply irritating. Grinning, the Kokiri spun around, replying, "Well, no worries, no friends here." Then his smile broke. Facing her, he could get a better look at the figure that had called out to him. Feminine, and Hylian in nature, though he could not be certain- blueish skin, webbed fingers, and gill-like contraptions behind the ears were not typical Hylian traits, after all. Certainly peculiar, and in another situation, Rika's interest would have been piqued; but he had already been slighted by this woman. "What other possible reason would I have to be standing outside the lair of a crazed Wizzrobe except to end him and plunder his treasure of spells?" Rika spoke loosely, rather unconcerned with her allegiance- though she had just mentioned wanting to slay him, there was certainly possibility that it was merely a trap. However, the idea of a creature as bizarre and inane as a Wizzrobe having allies felt positively asinine.

His grin washing back on his face, Rika called out, "Unfortunately, you have already stated your business, so I suppose you have only one option: to stand aside."

--

Wollo hated going into fire dungeons, because one way or another, his moustache always got singed. At the very least, there seemed to be a newcomer, a new friend for the Octorok to make. There were so many friends around, at least Wollo had something to be happy about. Everyone was friends with one another, they had even already started talking! This would be a good day, Wollo knew.
  3. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Marina couldn't help but stare for a few seconds at the young man standing before her. In spite of his size and apparent youth, he had a fiery tongue on him. She couldn't help but grin ever so slightly, yet her firm expression remained. This kid had some fire inside of him, especially to be so confident in his words. It was amazing to her just how much she was running into kids lately, but she let that slide as nothing more than a simple coincidence. Fate be damned.

She pulled her trident back from a threatening position to simply hold it in her hands at her side, slowly walking towards him. "Look, I'll make this nice and clear for you. I'm here to murder whatever is in there. Plain and simple. I'll give you credit where credit is due, though. You look like you know what you are doing." She was finally a few feet from them, letting the butt of the trident rest on the rocky ground beneath her feet.

"You would be surprised the fools I come across, however. Many times I have rescued fools from their own curious nature. Delving into magic they do not understand or care to understand." Marina finally took a better look at the individual. The last adventurer that she had met who was but a child, he was talented with his blade even if it was a foul sentient magical sword. Hopefully, the poor kid was doing alright.

This child mostly intrigued her more than anything else. He had the fire and quick wit she would expect of one older than he appeared, a fact she mostly dismissed with him likely being more mature for his age. Still, their choice of traveling companion, an Octorok, was only sealed as even more curious with the grass mustache it wore. A sense of humor, maybe? She didn't quite know, and asking might simply ruin the joke. If it was one, anyway. It certainly looked good on him anyway. Regardless, she quickly began to speak up.

"You can pillage and plunder all you want, but I'll just make it clear here and now." Her gaze steeled a bit, hand instinctively resting on the binding stone handcuffs on her side. "Those who would use a Wizzrobe's spells or magic for themself is playing with fire. Don't let your confidence encourage you to believe you can handle darker magic than any mortal man should ever touch. I'm sure you already know, so I doubt details are required." She quickly looked away, glancing down into the massive hole into the side of the mountain itself.

"I don't know who you are, but the name is Marina, witch hunter. And it seems we have at least a mutual goal, if nothing more. To slay the wizzrobe." She would finally turn to look at him once more. "I doubt you would stand aside even if I threatened you again, huh? Just... Try not to get hurt. I can patch up armor that can repel fire with ease, but I can't patch up a body burned to a crisp. Alright?"
  4. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Finally, someone who understood the significance of being in his presence. The typical fool adventurer he stumbled across saw him as nothing more than a child- which he would shortly prove wrong, - but this woman was different. She was able to see his ability at a glance, and even condemned the typical fool type she came across. They were certainly birds of a feather, in that regard. Her magical lecture was obnoxiously ignored, but Rika could let such a small transgression slide due to her previous words.

. . . Marina, though. A witch hunter, she says? Not exactly a common profession, as most would prove too cowardly to face off against the wild magics the crazed Wizzrobe wielded. Guts, then, he would give her that, though whether it was misplaced he would have yet to see.

". . . Then, Rika." He introduced, before glancing down at the Octorok. "This is Wollo." His eyes turned back to face the fish-like woman. "I am no witch hunter, but I have my own motives for delving into its lair. So long as you do not get in my way, I have no qualms with you coming. Do know this, though- witch hunter or not, I will not hesitate in my use of magic." He brazenly stated, pausing for a moment before adding on, "Though, fire resistant equipment, you say?"

Truth be told, that would be a great boon for him- after all, restoring the original color to his clothing was part of the reason he had sought out the Wizzrobe. Protection from fire would also prove incredibly effective. "Then, I propose a deal." Rika called out. "In exchange for my accompaniment and protection, you are to imbue my clothing with this flame resistance and restore it to its original red hue. Should you do this, I will see to it that the flame sorcerer Blaaz meets his end." He contemplated for a moment, before adding, "Any necessary supplies can likely be found within his lair, should you not have them on your person already. I assume you know the necessary materials?" He arrogantly spoke, both in that she would recognize and need his skill, and in that he spoke as if she had already accepted. Still, though perhaps worded condescendingly, it was a favorable deal that would result in the both of them getting what they wanted.
  5. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Rika and Wollo. An interesting pair of names for an interesting pair of adventurers. Watching him introduce the Octorok as if it was just another person however, certainly intrigued her. Most people wouldn't look twice at an Octorok before assuming it might have malicious intent. And yet, she found herself sympathetic to the little guy. If he traveled around with this young man, surely he couldn't be too bad.

His statement was intriguing. If she helped make his robe enchanted to resist the burning elements within, he would assist in ending the horrible sorcerer within. Once again, she found herself resistant to the idea. He was a child, or at least she assumed him to be from his size and stature. Then again, the last child who had tagged along with her handled himself pretty decently. Plus, Rika seemed to scream experience from the very way he spoke. No child unsure of themself would even suggest such a deal. At the very least, his own magic would protect him from harm. Still, the idea of him even attacking with magic made her stomach churn uncomfortably at the thought. Regardless, she made up her mind.

Nodding her head, she would reach a hand forward to shake his own, assuming he allowed her too. Upon even touching her skin, Rika might notice that her skin was impossibly smooth to the touch, ignoring the calluses that had formed upon her hand. "Sounds like a deal to me. And any armor-smith worth their weight would know Dodongo Hide has heat protective qualities. There's bound to be at least a few hides hanging about somewhere."

She'd pull her hand back, gripping onto her weapon of choice a bit tighter before pointing into the cave with her trident. "Have you investigated the beginning of the dungeon, or have you simply just arrived yourself? I'd rather not make any foolish assumptions before we begin."
  6. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Excellent. Rika was so satisfied that they had reached an agreement that he actually extended his hand to shake hers, something he normally despised doing. She even seemed to actually know what she was doing, too! "Then, perfect." He responded, before turning his attention to the gaping opening that was Blaaz's lair. "Not yet. I arrived a handful of moments before you did. True to his title, you can feel the sweltering heat pour out even from the entryway. Regardless, standing around will accomplish little, so let us proceed. Be cautious of traps, Wizzrobe tend to favor them." With those words, Rika drew his scythe, turned to face the maw of the fortress, and slowly slid inside, hover boots to help avoid potential traps.

"uhh. . . hello. . ." Wollo squeaked to the new fish lady they had made. She sure was different from the normal kinds of friends he came across, but Wollo didn't judge others based on their appearance- any friend of his was good. She already seemed to be getting along with Rika too, which was something most rare. Maybe their new friend will stick around now! Wollo was excited just thinking about the possibility, as he waddled in next to her.

. . .

Spread across the room were steady streams of magma rained down from the ceiling like goop, dropping into bubbling puddles that seemed to flow through small channels leading throughout the cavernous lair. If one could withstand the unbearable heat, it was almost like a spring resort. Rika could not yet, though, so all he felt was the intense heat that emanated and licked at his exposed flesh. Spread outward from the center of the room was a massive, stone platform, with smaller, circular platforms about five feet in radius spread throughout the room. They were all connected using narrow steel bridges, which eventually extended to reach a network of tunnels spread throughout the walls at various heights. Additionally, a single, lone bridge lead from the small platform they had entered on to the wide platform from which all the other bridges were attached. For a normal person, this tunnel network would likely prove to be an elaborate and complex maze with many dead-ends- though, Rika was skeptical if it was by Blaaz's design and not simply a madman's error, - but for a Kokiri it proved simple to navigate.

A small handful of enemies littered the room- a few Fire Keese fluttered across the ceiling, enflamed, Red ChuChu- which a seasoned adventurer would know to be explosive on impact, - sat on certain platforms, but overall nothing particularly harmful or deadly. On the wide platform specifically rest a single enflamed Red Chuchu.

"I told you of my capability with magic, but you have not informed me of your proficiency. However, rather than tell, it would be more apt to demonstrate, such as. . ." He motioned his scythe forward, "on that ChuChu." His blade was directed toward the lone ChuChu resting on the central platform. The Kokiri was quite curious to see her approach to even a relatively simple foe, and it would give him a good understanding of what exactly he was dealing with. Of course, they had made a deal, essentially making Rika her bodyguard- so should the need arise, he would intervene and slay the enemy. He hoped she could at least handle herself against a lone ChuChu, though.
  7. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    As the octorok, or rather Wollo as she would attempt to remind herself, squeaked, she couldn't help but shake her head with the softest of smiles on her face. It was strange to see a friendly octorok, but she had to admit, when they weren't trying to be aggressive she could see why he traveled with him. He was a bit endearing, in a strange sort of way that she hadn't quite put any thought to before. She'd worry about it later, after the simple matter of slaying a stray wizzrobe.

The room was hot, a bit too hot for comfort. Her gills instantly felt the most of the heat, leaving her gasping for air for a short while. No matter, she told herself, she would force herself to adjust no matter the cost. This errant magic user could not be trusted to live. The room was filled with all sources of heat, both magma and living creatures caught aflame. It was a strange sight, but nothing she hadn't prepared herself to see before. A keese could easily be slain from a longer distance with her trident, but that fire chuchu was going to be a bit of an issue. Explosive, violent, and likely easily angered. Poking them with her trident might cause the explosion to happen right in her face. Not good, but still able to be taken down.

And yet, as Rika spoke, challenged her to fight the chuchu, her face twisted into a bit of a frown. Did he not trust his skills? What child could suggest that she didn't know how to fight, showing up as she did? Although, she was starting to suspect he wasn't exactly a child. Just what kind of magic existed in this world? He certainly didn't act like any immature child, but that was another thought for another time. She didn't say a word, shaking her head as she stepped forwards.

Normally against a foe that she needed to fight at a distance, throwing her trident straight into the chest of a foe usually worked. However, she didn't want to risk the chance of her main weapon getting tossed or even broken by the resulting explosion of the gooey, magma-like ooze before her. As far as she knew, impact alone caused them to explode, all she needed was a proper strategy. Before she could properly come up with something, the chuchu noticed her and began to do something of a mix of a hop and an oozing crawl towards her position across the bridge that connected their two platforms.

She didn't waste a single second, grabbing one of her several daggers and tossed it straight at the beast. She wasn't any expert at throwing knives and while they weren't exactly made for combat, it seemed to do the trick. Stabbing right into the right side of the fire chuchu that was facing her, it suddenly exploded in a blazing burst of heat and flame. Immediately, she held her arms in front of her face to shield it from the ensuing heat wave, her leather-covered arms taking most of the heat and protecting her sensitive gills.

Once most of the blast had settled, Marina let out an indignant huff and just began to cross the bridge to the wide platform the fire chuchu had just been on. She wasn't going to just stand around and play this game of proving her skill, she had better things to do. "I don't like being tested like some schoolgirl, you know. I know more than a thing or two about taking down a foolish man who takes magic for granted." Holding her trident in one hand, her other hand simply reached to pat the very obvious manacles that rested on her hips. "These alone would sap every magical bone in your body until you can't cast a single spell. I don't even need to latch them on, simply tossing them at someone's face would be more than enough for a brief time. Once the magic is gone, there is very little to stop me from piercing an evil wizards heart."
  8. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika let out a soft smile as Marina, despite her obvious displeasure, did as he told her. She dispatched the ChuChu with relative ease, as well, aware of its ability and not engaging it in melee. Good, then- if she could so intelligently handle a Fire ChuChu, she could at least prove more than useless against more powerful foes.

“Relax,” Rika replied, a light chuckle escaping his lips, “I only wanted to see what you were capable of. You have satisfied me, for now- I will not test you again.” He replied, following her to the wide platform. “Besides,” he added, “from here on, there are no tests- fail, and you die. Far simpler, I believe.” He grinned, his childlike demeanor betraying the intense meaning behind his words. As if he had not even said something so dire, Rika changed topics entirely. “Those manacles seem quite useful. Simply having them on your person is likely enough to make the magic-obsessed Wizzrobe drive themselves to madness. I am safe to presume you do not employ magic yourself, then?” He queried, though his question was interrupted before Marina could give a clear answer.

Just as the two of them had cleared the bridge and stepped on the central platform, the bridge leading to the entrance collapsed, violently splashing into the pool of lava that bubbled below. Leaping from the lava were two molten Lizalfos, their skin charred and burned from the heat but still with the erratic, unhindered movements Lizalfos were known for. Pooling upward from small cracks etched into the stone earth at their feet were a handful of Fire ChuChu. The Fire Keese hovering above their heads took note of the new presence, and began to move downward to engage in the combat.

Rika scoffed. “Could he have made a more obvious trap?” Rika mocked, “Blaaz really is the fool if he believes this to catch us unaware.”

Scythe at the ready, Rika moved to engage his new enemies.